peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.
#101 8 years ago

Well, Stern certainly knows their primary audience, I guess... men in their 40s and 50s. AC/DC, Metallica, Mustang, and now KISS (I know I skipped WWE). How about a VH pin with a balding DLR? lol

I'm not a fan, but I admit that I listened to KISS in the 70s and I have seen them in concert. The KISS playfield does look interesting and the floating ball does look cool... maybe it's worthy...

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Game of Thrones is the rumor.

Or Jurassic Park/World.....

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I'm thinking the exact same thing. If this game rocks, I'm selling my stocks.

However GOT is also a nice theme.

Sounds like no LOTR VE for the time being.

#104 8 years ago

I gotta give HUGE props to using classic 70s pop bumper caps. Great way to bring retro pinball elements!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#105 8 years ago

It is a travesty there is no Strutter. No Cold Gin, no Larger than life, obvious why Shock Me is out. Would have to change out Lick it up and Love it loud..

#106 8 years ago

Someone brought up IJ4 earlier... pretty different shots on the two.

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 5.33.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-05 at 5.33.55 PM.png

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds like no LOTR VE for the time being.

I really think a VE will be announced this year too - hell if I know which though

#108 8 years ago

Maybe they'll do like they did with Metallica and add more songs later if the pin goes over well.

#109 8 years ago

GOT next
Then Maiden
Then Jaws

#110 8 years ago

Looks like I have another good headphone kit game!

#111 8 years ago

No doubt this will sell much better than WWE. It looks awesome and as exciting as it would be, I'm going to wait until I know the code is done before I buy any new games.

#112 8 years ago

Another pass for me. Just meh. Could not stand to look at Gene trying to tongue me , plus the music. what's next?

#113 8 years ago

I'm not a Kiss fan but hand drawn art, back board magnet makes this look like it has potential to be a cool pin. Cant wait to play one. Any ETA on when it will be shipping?

#114 8 years ago

Sorry but this theme is a snoozer for me. Now give me a Veruca Salt pinball machine, that's a rock pin I could love. I like Borg designs, for the most part, and the layout looks interesting, but why go back to Kiss? $$ I'm sure. C'mon, when will we get a Silver Surfer pin?

Now, Hand-drawn art - awesome, ball along the back, novelty but cool (seems a bit WOZish, but ok - do we get to shoot at it like BSD? :^O)

If I want a glam band/show band, how about a GWAR pin?!?!

#115 8 years ago

Is it just me, or does the unpainted Gene Simmons head look like Gary Stern?

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Now give me a Veruca Salt pinball machine, that's a rock pin I could love.

Yea, you and 4 other people… Stern wants to sell thousands not 5 or 6.

#117 8 years ago

Promising.

#118 8 years ago

Not a Kiss fan at all, but it looks pretty badass... Could be amazing art when finished.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Four? Optimistic much?

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Hey! I would want one.... wait... nope

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I gotta give HUGE props to using classic 70s pop bumper caps. Great way to bring retro pinball elements!
image.jpg

And a million times better than their awful pop bumpers with cheap led's poking out the top!

And let's hope LE number is 500 maximum. If it is these will sell out.

#122 8 years ago

I didn't catch it in the promo, but did anyone hear when it will be out? It looks far from being ready.

#123 8 years ago

Im pretty sure Kiss licensing costs a fortune based on Howard Stern interviews.

Also, I'm likely in for one. Not a Kiss fan, but I'm more of a Borg fan. Although I did buy Walking Dead and it doesn't have fleshed out code yet. Maybe one day. Whos the programmer?

#124 8 years ago

I think it looks very unique and promising. Definitely out of the box. Looks like a throw back to the old school light boxes on the back board too.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Someone brought up IJ4 earlier... pretty different shots on the two.
Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 5.33.55 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

yes, also the map room area may be similar but it looks like you can hit the ball into that area.

Plus 2 ramps on Kiss.

#126 8 years ago

Plus 9-ball multi-ball!

#127 8 years ago

There is no older AC/DC or Metallica pin. What's neat for me, who likes extremes, is that we have an vintage KISS game to compare this too. Rock and Roll in stereo vs. no music on the old Bally is the most painfully obvious, along with the new mechanical action, and the light show.

I would add the DMD, but by now, it seems like a by-product of the 70's anyway.

#128 8 years ago

Need to add Strutter and God of Thunder

#129 8 years ago

They will sell a shit tonne

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

KISS, try over 60 (ducks)

aren't their fans on fixed incomes now?

#131 8 years ago

Finally. What's next? lol

#132 8 years ago

Same old RED LED DMD.
When will Stern learn.
A music pin screams LCD HD Video
Hello, ever heard of Music Videos like MTV use to be?
Nuf said.

#133 8 years ago

Rock and Roll in stereo vs. no music on the old Bally

I thought Sterns were in mono still?

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from huo:

SPIKE is stereo.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Same old RED LED DMD.
When will Stern learn.
Nuf said.

Not ready yet. Debuts with Ritchie's game.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from huo:

SPIKE system can do 2.1 stereo with sub. They can easily put an LCD in the LE like they did with WWE.

#137 8 years ago

What's neat for me, who likes extremes, is that we have an vintage KISS game to compare this too.

And it's the same artist on both!

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

SPIKE system can do 2.1 stereo with sub. They can easily put an LCD in the LE like they did with WWE.

That would make another neat stop-gap until the DMD goes the way of the dodo.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Same old RED LED DMD.
When will Stern learn.
Nuf said.

70's band, might as well use 70's technology.... The fanatics won't care...

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Sorry but this theme is a snoozer for me. Now give me a Veruca Salt pinball machine, that's a rock pin I could love. I like Borg designs, for the most part, and the layout looks interesting, but why go back to Kiss? $$ I'm sure. C'mon, when will we get a Silver Surfer pin?
Now, Hand-drawn art - awesome, ball along the back, novelty but cool (seems a bit WOZish, but ok - do we get to shoot at it like BSD? :^O)
If I want a glam band/show band, how about a GWAR pin?!?!

Just pinball browser GWAR in and make an Oderous head to replace gene.

#141 8 years ago

Looks cool to me. Can't wait to see the LE versions and premium. This might be my first Stern and NIB. Stern's rock based pins have been killer fun. This looks great so far. Love the Kevin O'Conner hand drawn art!

#142 8 years ago

I will say that was a nice promo video

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

There's no output to a sub...

#144 8 years ago

I, like many of us, don't care one way or the other for KISS. Their music is enjoyable for the most part, but none of their albums are ones I would take with me if I was stranded on a deserted island with nothing but food, water, a lifetime of batteries, and a limited selection of music. (You've done this scenario before. We all have.) However, the gameplay looks promising and the magnetic back wall is a nice touch. Reminds me a bit of JM. I have to give it to the Stern team for their use of hand-drawn art and retro pop bumper covers. I'll definitely play this game when it's put out on location, but I'm not sure it's something I'd like to have in my basement (at this point). I'll be looking for some gameplay videos for sure. I would hope very seriously that they got Gene and the band to do the callouts.

#145 8 years ago

I have to admit I'm not a KISS fan but this game looks like it'll be fun to play. I really like the retro vibe especially the art and the floating ball should be a fun shot. The big Gene Simmons head.... not so much. Hope it sells well so Stern can keep pumping out the good games.

#146 8 years ago

Not to break the obvious joy we should all have by what we have seen so far (regardless of theme or not) I'm holding onto my wallet untill complete code....and what game is next.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Not to break the obvious joy we should all have by what we have seen so far (regardless of theme or not) I'm holding onto my wallet untill complete code....and what game is next.

Thats why I've been going after known good titles recently.

#148 8 years ago

not a big fan of their music but the game looks fun to play, i like the art, curious to see how it's gonna look like with colors on the PF, Cabinet and Backbox.

#149 8 years ago

So many whiners here, its gross.....looks like a great game. Designed by borg, hand drawn art, cool layout......yeah, stop hating, its a new pinball! i would love to hear who's in charge of coding, i may be in.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Always the smart move!

Glad to see Stern announce a Premium up front on this title. Zero pressure to order one now. Will easily be able to hold off until I play it and code has matured. Worked for me on AC/DC, MET, Mustang, and...hopefully...TWD Premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.