peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.
#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Feel the exact same way. The ball trick is cool, but does impact game play, haven't seen the light show and the Paul figure is the first thing I will rip off the playfield, so who cares he can dance?........why buy anything but a pro.

I agree the pro is looking better and better each passing day....

#1202 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I agree the pro is looking better and better each passing day....

The Pro is also going to be available for a while. So unless you just have to be the first on your block with one why not wait a bit, and see the reports on the launch code etc before taking the plunge?

#1203 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Pro is also going to be available for a while. So unless you just have to be the first on your block with one why not wait a bit, and see the reports on the launch code etc before taking the plunge?

Because KISS

#1204 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because that makes way too much sense Aurich.

I'll wait for a premium possibly. Borg is the best right now but if the same "coders" are doing this one that did ST then I'm out for a few years at least.

#1205 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because that makes way too much sense Aurich.

Sorry! Ignore me, buy away!

#1206 8 years ago

One thing I have to do is commend Stern for the recent explosion of social media updates on this game. A huge improvement in the lines of communication with their customers.

#1207 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's exactly my Kiss plan.

#1208 8 years ago

For anyone planning to add a Shaker Motor to Kiss, Pinball Life just recently posted the new Stern Spike Shaker Motors for sale:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just got notified that my ''reserved'' KissLE will go over 9000 euros... I have to make the decision to go on with or cancel it by tomorrow.
Recently sold my STLE to pay for the KissLE...
The more I think about it the more I tend to cancel.
I can not let the euro/dollar rate interfere with my hobby is what I think now.

your opinions?

#1210 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

I just got notified that my ''reserved'' KissLE will go over 9000 euros... I have to make the decision to go on with or cancel it by tomorrow.
your opinions?

I think Stern needs to put out some high quality images to let the LE shine or I think people are going to possibly cancel some of their orders. The limited shots of the metallic photos just don't seem to be doing it as some people are really waffling. At least the Star Trek LE has the cabinet light show.

#1211 8 years ago

Just insain prices. And on top of that, you have to wait 2 years before the game is finished. And then you have to hope they will fix the leftover bugs and put the cherry on top of it codewise. Which they never did by any of their pins by the way...

And for now, you dont even know if the game will be fun (for you).

#1212 8 years ago

your opinions?

9000 euro = 13981.46 NZ. Our price here is $14.1k Seems right

Stern prices are crazy now, Kiss pin looks good.... but no rush, will wait & see

#1213 8 years ago

Maybe i buy a new car instead lol

#1214 8 years ago

Paid mine in full . If you cancel yours someone will be happy to take it. It's not easy to get an LE.

#1215 8 years ago

Im glad, I just made someone happy

#1216 8 years ago

your opinions?

Personally I think it's crazy to pay that kind of money for a game you've never even played. What if you don't actually like it? What if the code sucks? We've seen from the Facebook posts that the code is pretty raw right now, so it's up to you to decide if you think that team is going to deliver a game you like later.

I really dig mirrored backglasses, so there's that, but it's the same art for all three versions, so that makes the LE one not nearly as special. Cabinet too, decals are shiny, but same art, just with some shifted colors. Really doesn't stand out at all compared to Star Trek LE does it?

It's your money, do what feels right. But since you asked I'd cancel, wait to see the reviews, play one yourself, and then if you really want all the features just buy a Premium later for cheaper.

Edit: Sounds like you canceled already!

#1217 8 years ago

Just downgraded my order to the premium. I'm a pinball player, not a Kiss fan. Might go that sweet armour though.

#1218 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

9000 euro = 13981.46 NZ. Our price here is $14.1k Seems right
Stern prices are crazy now, Kiss pin looks good.... but no rush, will wait & see

At the Euro to US conversion rate of 1 to 1.12, that makes $9000 Euro = $10,080 US. I can live with the $7825 US that I paid, but would definitely have a hard time paying the $10,080 US. I realize there are shipping charges across the pond and tariffs...but damn, that's a lot of money for a machine no one is sure how it will turn out in the end! For that matter...$7825 US is a lot of money too!

#1219 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Personally I think it's crazy to pay that kind of money for a game you've never even played. What if you don't actually like it? What if the code sucks? We've seen from the Facebook posts that the code is pretty raw right now, so it's up to you to decide if you think that team is going to deliver a game you like later.

Am I the one that feels the "will the code be finished" argument is kind of dead? I understand that the process of them finishing code or updating it is reeeeeally slow, but the last couple of titles have all seen code updates that have changed the gameplay for the better. I feel the days of unfinished code are over.

I've said it before; they use us as free R&D. Why wouldn't you just check in on what people are hoping ends up in the machine for code once you release the game. No needed brainstorming around the office. Just wait for people to respond and write the code.

I remember the huge debate when AC/DC was first released and everyone thought the code was really rough. I went to Gameworks and played a few games. I could tell that the hardware and flow was there. So I was ok with taking the chance that code would come later to make it an amazing game. Same with MET. Glad I was right.

Aurich, I def respect your opinion and you're on point with all the things your addressing here. I really believe everyone should play a machine before they purchase it to make sure that its something you enjoy. Pinball is subjective. The "herd" can't always be right based on pictures and youtube vids.

chris

#1220 8 years ago

Yep, cancelled it..there goes my number 9....number 9....number 9.....

#1221 8 years ago

Sad, and the band plays in Berlin tonight and i haven't got a ticket sad too.

#1222 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Am I the one that feels the "will the code be finished" argument is kind of dead? I understand that the process of them finishing code or updating it is reeeeeally slow, but the last couple of titles have all seen code updates that have changed the gameplay for the better. I feel the days of unfinished code are over.
I've said it before; they use us as free R&D. Why wouldn't you just check in on what people are hoping ends up in the machine for code once you release the game. No needed brainstorming around the office. Just wait for people to respond and write the code.
I remember the huge debate when AC/DC was first released and everyone thought the code was really rough. I went to Gameworks and played a few games. I could tell that the hardware and flow was there. So I was ok with taking the chance that code would come later to make it an amazing game. Same with MET. Glad I was right.
Aurich, I def respect your opinion and you're on point with all the things your addressing here. I really believe everyone should play a machine before they purchase it to make sure that its something you enjoy. Pinball is subjective. The "herd" can't always be right based on pictures and youtube vids.
chris

There are some commonalities in the games you reference, but more importantly there are still other games that are severly lacking and possibly left for dead. Avengers was not long ago and has plenty of issues and needs polish. WWE has been out for months now and still lacks some fo the most basic things. We have seen in the recent past that games which dont continue to sell well may very well be left behind. I think questioning #whereisthecode is far from dead unfortunatley.

Better, but definately not dead.

#1223 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There are some commonalities in the games you reference, but more importantly there are still other games that are severly lacking and possibly left for dead. Avengers was not long ago and has plenty of issues and needs polish. WWE has been out for months now and still lacks some fo the most basic things. We have seen in the recent past that games which dont continue to sell well may very well be left behind. I think questioning #whereisthecode is far from dead unfortunatley.

Well, using the adage that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", I highly doubt that KISS will be left to languish in terms based on unit sales so far. I am willing to bet that it has probably outsold Avengers, TWD, WWE, and Mustang combined already leaving it probably the largest unfinished code base so far and not one unit has been delivered.

#1224 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is a valid point about weak sellers. Well I hope those games get some love at some point.

I was holding out hope for an update to my WOF but I couldn't wait any longer so I sold it.............guess I'm in the club too.

#1225 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Am I the one that feels the "will the code be finished" argument is kind of dead?

Sure isn't dead for me. I'm not even saying it won't be "finished", but will it be any good? You're not paying for something that's done, you have no idea.

Theme is important. Art is important. Layout is important. Code is important. If you're going to spend $5-8k on something I feel like you should be able to fairly evaluate all of that first.

I'm not beating the Wheel of Fortune horse here, it's not about games being "abandoned". It's just a matter of what are the rules going to be like? Are they fun? Are they mode based or scoring based? Are they linear, or can you approach them different ways?

Who knows how Kiss will really play. But since the Facebook videos have clearly shown that the code is very much raw and unfinished we can safely assume it's not gonna be a deep and finished product at launch. So you have to judge how much that matters to you personally. If that's a dead thing for you, and you don't care, then hey, great.

#1226 8 years ago

Pro has arrived in Australia. Located at Timezone Gold Coast.

#1227 8 years ago
Quoted from grifter:

Pro has arrived in Australia. Located at Timezone Gold Coast.

pretty sure it was 2 and just in time the guys comp night

#1228 8 years ago

I'm buying an LE, so I didn't want to be left out and bought mine.. but if I was in the market for a pro or premium, which will be available for a long time, I think I'd wait this one out and see where the code goes.

Bash all you want, but I'm a big kiss fan so I don't mind letting my LE sit until the code finishes and just don't know if it would be worth buying early on otherwise.

#1229 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm buying an LE, so I didn't want to be left out and bought mine.. but if I was in the market for a pro or premium, which will be available for a long time, I think I'd wait this one out and see where the code goes.
Bash all you want, but I'm a big kiss fan so I don't mind letting my LE sit until the code finishes and just don't know if it would be worth buying early on otherwise.

Hey, fair enough. You're a big fan, you're willing to gamble, and you're walking into it eyes wide open. No need to apologize to anyone for that.

#1230 8 years ago

Any reviews out there yet?

#1231 8 years ago

#1232 8 years ago

here is a multiball vid from a sited on in Qld, Aus

#1233 8 years ago

Still torn on if I should take the plunge and get one. Not really a KISS fan, but the game looks amazing.

#1234 8 years ago

new Stern video out with 0.92 code 7 minute video, looks cool and like the features but wish they would take the glass off or put the game in a location out of the glare.

regardless of how glossy or thick the clear coat looks all games seem to get ball dimples, just the way it is - look in the glare sections

screen-capture-5.pngscreen-capture-5.png

#1235 8 years ago

New Kiss gameplay videos from Pinball News:

#1236 8 years ago

And another new gameplay video (7 minutes) courtesy of GAP:

#1237 8 years ago

Well, the video/dots has Thayer in it, so there is a touch of the replacement band members in the game. I guess I can live wit that.

#1238 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

And another new gameplay video (7 minutes) courtesy of GAP:
» YouTube video

Pro version looks pretty damn good.

Even has <gasp> a SPINNER!

#1239 8 years ago

Gameplay looks great. Think this will be a fun pin. But as a potential buyer still miss some extra toyshot. Does not even have to be really expensive. But if they for example would change the circle area shot for something like the bellshot on ac dc. (I know bells dont mkae sense on kiss, but something similar i mean)

Then the game is even more awesome and could push me over the edge for a buy when doubting.

#1240 8 years ago

More new gameplay:

#1241 8 years ago

This game is going to be big!

#1242 8 years ago

This game looks beautiful. I think, for KISS fans it's a big one... but I gotta say, I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is telling me to jump out and buy it.

I'm open-minded and know it's early, but it feels like it's missing something in diversity of shots.

#1243 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to playing this on location nearby...

#1244 8 years ago

Wow thanks for the video, this thing looks like a winner...........Nice job Borg.

#1245 8 years ago

This looks really cool. Excited to play one.

#1246 8 years ago

OK, Demon Locks ala WH2O, CV. Increase spinner value by completing ARMY targets on right. Shoot right ramp in order to light another shot to collect an instrument. Cat Man collected after certain number of pop hits. Spell Demon by shooting Gene's head when not lit for locks. Looks like right inlane wants you to hit the KISS targets on the left on the fly, but I never saw that shot made in those videos.

Questions
1.What increases bonus x?
2.Scoop when lit for backstage pass gives add-a-ball. What lights the scoop?

#1247 8 years ago

Yeah I'm curious what increases the bonus too. I was thinking maybe that's what the K-I-S-S drop targets were for? The "Colossal Bonus" is a nice throwback to the old game too. Someone over at Stern really liked that game.

1 month later
#1248 8 years ago

Just in today...for those interested in hooking up a powered sub. Plug n play in seconds. Will be releasing these and more for the spike system tomorrow at pintastic.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1249 8 years ago

And like al other stuff Kiss in Germany they are used to the kiss logo for Germany (also on records etcetera) . But then, all American actors speak perfectly German in the cinemas and on the telly. And French in France, Italian in Italy, Spanish in Spain...

IMG_0993.jpgIMG_0993.jpg

#1250 8 years ago
Quoted from WarLokBlackOut:

And like al other stuff Kiss in Germany they are used to the kiss logo for Germany (also on records etcetera) .

This always bugged me in the past but then we have this stupid flag that was in the news recently, prompting widespread PR moves that mostly baffled me so... Not saying I get it, but I guess I see where the sentiment comes from and why. Sort of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.