peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 26.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game looks pretty cool the more I look at it, especially the pro. I'm surprised by a couple things on the LE though.
1. Why isn't the side artwork more unique compared to the pro and premium versions? Having side artwork that goes with the design of the back glass would look much better in my opinion.

It's foil decals - so I think it'll match pretty well with the mirrored backglass.

#952 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've been saying since the game was announced that they would be using the 2009 re-recordings.
Kiss did this EXACTLY for this reason. They don't have to share money with the record company (and likely can withhold money they'd have to pay ace and peter) by using these.
This mixed with the fact that they used the re-recording of Detroit rock city in that stern promo makes it clear that's what's happening.

Are the re-recordings all that different from the originals?

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They have a lot more punch and way less mush:

Cut and paste:

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's foil decals - so I think it'll match pretty well with the mirrored backglass.

Oh? Nice. I didn't notice that. That will look nice.

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That's for you to judge, but as they were recorded by a bunch of 60 year olds 20-35 years later with different personnel and different equipment id say yes.

I don't really see it as an issue especially in a pinball machine. But kiss hardcores may have a problem with it. They will certainly be able to tell the difference.

#956 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I make a Micro Display Mod for about 30 titles. I would love to make one for KISS in the future, but I've been told the new SPIKE system doesn't have the same 5v/12v plug by the coin door that other Sterns have had. I would need an easy way to tap a 5v source.
» YouTube video

480P video? Might want to get some HD vids out there.....help sell your product. That looks real blurry.

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They have a lot more punch and way less mush:
Cut and paste:

A quick look at the comments under that video show that it's hated!

LOL!

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's for you to judge, but as they were recorded by a bunch of 60 year olds 20-35 years later with different personnel and different equipment id say yes.
I don't really see it as an issue especially in a pinball machine. But kiss hardcores may have a problem with it. They will certainly be able to tell the difference.

Gotcha. I was just curious.

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

A quick look at the comments under that video show that it's hated!
LOL!

I hope so.

#960 8 years ago

so using the 2009 re-recordings... do we get to call the Kiss game a reFake like so many want to paint MMR as ?

#961 8 years ago

So did Jared get to play or no?

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Looks like he definitely said something he wasn't supposed to.

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does anybody remember what Jared had in his post that he wasn't suppose to say...?

#964 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from ronlisa:

Does anybody remember what Jared had in his post that he wasn't suppose to say...?

Yeah, but what was it? C'mon, someone must have read those posts ...

#965 8 years ago

He didn't really write too much, just that he was visiting Stern today for an undisclosed reason and that he would ask about some of the rushed art issues.

Edit: he also mentioned that Jody has some GOT sword hanging in his office

#966 8 years ago

All you need to know for now is that GOT is up next...

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you guys ever have time, check out the album Little Richard did in the 90's, same thing, he re-recorded all his original songs. It's so good, you can't really tell a difference, other than the recording is cleaner. He was already in his 60's and still able to sing all his crazy shit about exactly the same. Prob. the best re-recording I've ever heard.

In his case, and a lot of artists, the reason they re-record it is because when you record stuff, they split the royalties in half and pay half to who owns the songwriting credits, and half to who owns the recording (which is usually the record label). If you re-record the song, you now own the recording and get that half of the royalties. In Little Richard's case, he no longer owned the songwriting credits but now could get half the royalties because he owned the re-recordings.

If Gene still owns the songwriting credits (I'd imagine he does), and owns these re-recordings (I'd be almost certain he does) then he gets *all* the money.

#968 8 years ago

Revised translite is posted on Stern's Facebook......guitar strap is fixed

#969 8 years ago
FB_IMG_1431557264948.jpgFB_IMG_1431557264948.jpg
#971 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He said he saw GOT parts around the place (implied boxes of PIN parts) but nowhere near the production line/s, and also that Jody had a <persons/actors name I forgot> GOT sword and lots of Star Wars stuff......fwiw.

Nothing too revealing as GOT is the worst kept secret in ages, unless you think the Star Wars hint means anything as Jack hinted he might have it as well......guess Gary and Jack will have to dual that one out with their light sabers (who is red and who is green )

#972 8 years ago

Unofficial mockup I did of the Pro with the revised translite:

kiss-pro-mockup2.jpgkiss-pro-mockup2.jpg

#973 8 years ago

I hate to bring this up, but Ace's guitar doesn't have a strap at all.

#975 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I hate to bring this up, but Ace's guitar doesn't have a strap at all.

The way the Ace wears his strap, under his shoulder costume pieces, and the type of strap that it is, plain black, I don't think you would really see much of it in that crouching pose he is in.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Revised translite is posted on Stern's Facebook......guitar strap is fixed

I didn't bother to check everything little nitpick I'd spotted, but from a casual look over I see a lot of other fixes too. So the other one was just rough artwork probably. Whatever happened I'm glad to see the changes, so all good. What's shipping on the machines is all that counts.

#977 8 years ago

Man, I'm super stoked for this game. I can't wait to ignore all the code bitching.

#978 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

The way the Ace wears his strap, under his shoulder costume pieces, and the type of strap that it is, plain black, I don't think you would really see much of it in that crouching pose he is in.

"Can't see the lines, can ya, Russ."

Shooter__00a.jpegShooter__00a.jpeg

#979 8 years ago

90% of this thread has been about the artwork. I'm surprised the people who are spending their hard earned cash on an LE like myself, aren't screaming about Stern using the left over red AC/DC trim on this otherwise phenomenal looking machine. I've seen a couple of posts and mock up pics suggesting/showing burnt orange trim that makes the LE look a hundred times better. Jared if you can suggest this to Stern, I think this would improve the over all look of the LEs just as much as some of the artwork changes mentioned. Am I in the minority on this or what? If I am, I will just get my trim powdered coated in a burnt orange to fit my preference. Otherwise, hopefully Stern will hear us and make the changes!

#980 8 years ago

Agree with Zippy... the trim should be Orange on LE.

#981 8 years ago

Agreed on the red trim. I'll probably go gloss black eventually.

#982 8 years ago

Hopefully back box lighting will be like bally and spell out KISS ? Or someone needs to get on that mod ! I'm taking a premium and doing a burnt orange metallic powder coating, the red is Bunk !

#983 8 years ago

Sonic Boom deluxe edition has the 15 kiss Klassics disc.

#984 8 years ago

I'll be laser cutting new trim with the kiss heads laser cut and powder coat it black and back it with chrome.
Just like ac dc BIBLE colors

#985 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I'll be laser cutting new trim with the kiss heads laser cut and powder coat it black and back it with chrome.
Just like ac dc BIBLE colors

That sounds awesome

#986 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It is a bit like that actually. It's a bad photo, and not composed well. If that photo was used on a translite, or as the reference for it, it would be a poor choice. It looks awkward. Yes, she has a full arm. But it looks bad.
I haven't been nitpicking the art myself, but if I wanted to I'm perfectly capable, there's plenty of stuff there to pick at. There are a lot of signs that it was a rush job, for whatever reason. I've chosen not to because I think overall it was a positive move on Stern's part, and it doesn't seem worth trying to tear down.
But I don't like it when people get all bent out of shape over some criticism. Rarehero has an opinion (that I and other people happen to think is right), he gave it in a constructive manner, and took the time to hand draw an example sketch to illustrate his point. That's a useful contribution to the community. Frankly, whining about it isn't.

Aww c'mon! Want your take on this artwork like you did for TH. Why give this one a pass?

#987 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He said the had Jon Snows sword on the wall and a bunch of Star wars stuff all over.

So yea GoT and Star wars upcoming!!!

#989 8 years ago

Or not haha.

#990 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Hmmmm. That gives me some ideas for cool toppers but something tells me anything more than a one-off would very quickly get me a c&d in the mail.

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

90% of this thread has been about the artwork. I'm surprised the people who are spending their hard earned cash on an LE like myself, aren't screaming about Stern using the left over red AC/DC trim on this otherwise phenomenal looking machine.

I was initially thinking of getting an LE before pics came out. Once I saw them, I immediately changed to wanting the Premium.

Can someone explain to me why the LE is $1800 more? What does it have besides the foil cab decals, the mirrored backglass, and the god-awful red lollipop armor? Oh, and it's "limited".

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I was initially thinking of getting an LE before pics came out. Once I saw them, I immediately changed to wanting the Premium.
Can someone explain to me why the LE is $1800 more? What does it have besides the foil cab decals, the mirrored backglass, and the god-awful red lollipop armor? Oh, and it's "limited".

A certificate! You forgot the certificate

#993 8 years ago

90% of this thread has been about the artwork. I'm surprised the people who are spending their hard earned cash on an LE like myself, aren't screaming about Stern using the left over red AC/DC trim on this otherwise phenomenal looking machine. I've seen a couple of posts and mock up pics suggesting/showing burnt orange trim that makes the LE look a hundred times better. Jared if you can suggest this to Stern, I think this would improve the over all look of the LEs just as much as some of the artwork changes mentioned. Am I in the minority on this or what? If I am, I will just get my trim powdered coated in a burnt orange to fit my preference. Otherwise, hopefully Stern will hear us and make the changes!

Orange trim is a big yes

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

It now has added "sold-outness".

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

A certificate! You forgot the certificate

........with Gary's signature. Thats $1800 of it right their!

#996 8 years ago

Here is a comparison of 2 LEs with red & orange trim...

(Borrowed this image from one of Jared's posts...Thanks Jared!)

KISS LE Orange Trim.jpgKISS LE Orange Trim.jpg
#997 8 years ago

Here is a comparison of 2 LEs with red & orange trim...
(Borrowed this image from one of Jared's posts...Thanks Jared!)

KISS LE Orange Trim.jpg

It looks 100% better in Orange

#998 8 years ago

Hmm so Kiss no longer Limited to 600?
There has been talk with Gary regarding upping the Le to 699.

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Hmm so Kiss no longer Limited to 600?
There has been talk with Gary regarding upping the Le to 699.

These will sell out no problem IMO. Plenty of cashed up KISS fans out there to purchase.

rd.

#1000 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

"Can't see the lines, can ya, Russ."
Shooter__00a.jpeg

Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Can't see it? Plain black??? Ace's incredibly iconic lightning bolt strap is pretty clearly visible in that photo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.