peter-criss-kiss.jpg
220px-Eric_Singer_2012.jpg
Tommy-Thayer.jpg
kiss_-_ace_frehley_a.jpg
AceFrehley.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.21.18 PM.png
KISS_JAWS.jpg
image.jpg

There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 26.
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But here, just as a single illustration of what I mean, tell me there's a reason why no one bothered to at least finish the guitar strap?
Dat strap

Ach! Ze goggles, they do nothing!

I wonder if the "we spent a few hours making it better" translite will be a new mod Stern will sell from the store. Really no excuse for this.

Having identical translite images across all three versions? Sure, makes sense to me. But at least don't slop out on them.

edit: I wonder what people will think this is an homage to? An artistic reflection of KISS' grab the money and run philosophy?

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

6000% agree. Nobody turns out crap art to "intentionally" pay homage the good ol' days of pinball art.
Not all of it is bad, and I like it better than photoshopped junk. But you spend 5 seconds looking at the translite and there are things you can't unsee
kiss-pinball-translite-980x739.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
But when this is my "complaint", that says a lot of what they got right on this pin. I honestly would consider buying one (used, years from now ), IF the play proves as killer as my imagination is hoping it will be.

Let us all know when you find the dick in there so that way I'll never look at the backglass the same again.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let us all know when you find the dick in there so that way I'll never look at the backglass the same again.

Its good that its not a mirrored backglass, otherwise I would see a dick every time I fire the game up to play

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Its good that its not a mirrored backglass, otherwise I would see a dick every time I fire the game up to play

The LE is mirrored, so there's still a chance!

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

But you spend 5 seconds looking at the translite and there are things you can't unsee

Exactly! Where is all the hair on Paul's torso?

#856 8 years ago

Art for art's sake

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You know what makes the original Kiss pin ('79) desirable now IMO? It was a reflection of what was super popular at the time. A great time period piece. Nostalgia. Why does Stern keep focusing on bands of yester year?? Metallica, AC/DC, and now Kiss? There aren't bands just as popular that actually reflect current times? TV show themes, movie theme pins, and other genres form Stern seem to reflect current pop culture. Why not music pins?

I pray they never release pins based on current pop music. We'd get Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Kanye West and Chris Brown. Pop music is total sh*t now and has been for 20 years.

Let's keep the 70's and 80's music pins coming. MAYBE even a 90's music pin, but I'm not sure. That's when things transitioned to the sh*t we've got now.

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I pray they never release pins based on current pop music. We'd get Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Kanye West and Chris Brown. Pop music is total sh*t now and has been for 20 years.
Let's keep the 70's and 80's music pins coming. MAYBE even a 90's music pin, but I'm not sure. That's when things transitioned to the sh*t we've got now.

I would love a Katy Perry pin. Can you imagine the artwork. Have you seen her chest?

#859 8 years ago

Oops. Got to excited and double posted....No thats not code

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I pray they never release pins based on current pop music.
Let's keep the 70's and 80's music pins coming.

If it is pop music you are looking for, then the 70s and 80s are an untapped goldmine of opportunities.

#861 8 years ago

Aurich looking forward to your "alternative" translite for the Kiss pinball. I'm thinking something Love Gun themed with the band and hot chicks painted in white face.

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Aurich looking forward to your "alternative" translite for the Kiss pinball. I'm thinking something Love Gun themed with the band and hot chicks painted in white face.

Heh. I have no plans to do any more Stern translites anymore to be honest.

I'll still do mods for Stern games if things call out to me, but not going to touch anything branded. When I get some more time I'll still release this Metallica mod I'm working on. But no band shit on it, nothing but original art.

I imagine there will be plenty of bootleg translites with like Kiss album cover art or something. Dunno how the print quality is on that stuff though.

#863 8 years ago

Its just a matter of time before we see some alternate translites for Kiss. I would love to see one that is "Rock and Roll Over" or "Detroit Rock City"

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I want four different "Solo Pins", each featuring a different member of the band.

A "Knights In Satan's Service" version would have sold like hotcakes.

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I would love a Katy Perry pin. Can you imagine the artwork. Have you seen her chest?
Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 10.02.34 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

The art work would probably be un-proportional and everyone would pitch a fit...

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LE is mirrored, so there's still a chance!

It is already too late.... I give you the giant StarChild boner translite! My eyyyyyeeeessss....

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from KerryD:

It is already to late.... I give you the giant StarChild boner translate! My eyyyyyeeeessss....

Untitled.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's no hairdick. Thats a missiledick and it was intentional like the sausage fingers and poor foreshortening. Don't you know that was the rave in the 70s?

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

That's no hairdick. Thats a missiledick and it was intentional lIke the sausage fingers and poor foreshortening. Don't you know that was the rave in the 70s?

LoL!

#869 8 years ago

So was there an approx. release date for the Kiss Pins?

#870 8 years ago

Looks like on ebay pros will start shipping out in the us the last week of MAY

#871 8 years ago

Will Stern finally do away with the bland fluorescent backbox light soon? I truly miss the energetic flashlamp effects of the 80s and 90s pins. Games like KISS would kick ass with flashers behind each band member, as well as the fire/explosions to sync with certain modes. Come on, Stern! It's time to advance!

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 10.02.34 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Nice picture, but that is not Katy Perry...

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Will Stern finally do away with the bland fluorescent backbox light soon? I truly miss the energetic flashlamp effects of the 80s and 90s pins. Games like KISS would kick ass with flashers behind each band member, as well as the fire/explosions to sync with certain modes. Come on, Stern! It's time to advance!

Tube gone, onboard LED replaced

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Will Stern finally do away with the bland fluorescent backbox light soon?

I thought the Spike system did away with the fluorescent tube in the backbox?

edit: PW79 beat me to it.

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Advance?...sounds like heading backwards. Oh, wait they already made one just right for you!

Kiss_Pinball_Machine_by_Bally_01_dn.jpgKiss_Pinball_Machine_by_Bally_01_dn.jpg
#876 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Anyone understand how the spinner under Gene's head will work?
Seems to me as though the shot is so tight, a spinner is not going to have enough room under there.
Like, a Warmachine kicker from IronMan would make more sense.
Tron has enough room for a 3-bank target in front of it, so has room to exit there at different angles -but KISS shot seems pretty tight. Like there's only 1 trajectory for the ball to come out?
Thoughts?

I'm very curious about this.

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Rosie Jones

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

Does she sing? I'd buy that pin

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Stern is all about the safe bets. Though I think they are off by about 20+ years on the "hip" factor based on the last 2 games...

I think there are more WWE fans out there then Kiss fans

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

The art work would probably be un-proportional and everyone would pitch a fit...

Your right Terry,

Just seems easier to complain about muscles on DUDES.

#881 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Sadly, that pic is not Katy, but rather Rosie Jones.

http://www.3news.co.nz/entertainment/bikini-pic-not-me-says-katy-perry-2013031406#axzz3ZqLnUDFc

#883 8 years ago

BTW,

Thanks Robert & Leeps. At least we aren't talking about muscles now.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Tube gone, onboard LED replaced

Hmm did they do this with the WWE already? I thought it was still a tube.

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Hmm did they do this with the WWE already? I thought it was still a tube.

Yes, WWE has the LEDs onboard lighting up the backbox. Spike system.

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Ok my bad.....better? Jesus

No biggie. Believe me, I'm all about a Katy Perry pin...

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Yes, WWE has the LEDs onboard lighting up the backbox. Spike system.

Ok, Just could not find a video with the backbox working.
Thanks

#888 8 years ago

Can we please get back on topic? We need to see more Katy Perry.

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I think there are more WWE fans out there then Kiss fans

Maybe true, but I guarantee Stern will sell more KISS pins.

#890 8 years ago

I'm not sure the perspective is right on this hand. What do you guys think?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#891 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

katy-shirt.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ahhh that's an amazing pic and amazing sketch.

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I'm not sure the perspective is right on this hand. What do you guys think?

image.jpg

What do you think is wrong with it?

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What do you think is wrong with it?

It seems like he is pointing at my dick.

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It seems like he is pointing at my dick.

He is. He wants it.

#895 8 years ago

Hmm, maybe the images are just slapped-together promo shots and the games will have "finished" artwork on them?

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hmm, maybe the images are just slapped-together promo shots and the games will have "finished" artwork on them?

I thought the same thing. Maybe they rushed out the promo pics.

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hey, here's hoping. I'm not trying to dog the game or Kevin O'Connor, just would like to see the sloppy stuff done properly.

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidekaty-shirt.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 1

i can't look at her in the eyes... oh wait.... yes i can!

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I thought the same thing. Maybe they rushed out the promo pics.

I think this is a high possibility. They did move up the scheduled announcement and production of KISS from what was planned at the beginning of the year, due to WWE flop.

#900 8 years ago

I heard a rumor that the music being used is from the re-recordings from 2009 to get around paying the original members from the 70's. I hope it isn't true. not hearing the originals would be a huge letdown.

What's the possibility of replacing the songs if the new re-recordings are used? Code can be updated. Could owners replace songs?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 1,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-kiss-kinda-based-on-the-1978-bally-machine/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.