(Topic ID: 46121)

Stern Announces Iron Maiden Pinball and Fools all the pinball groupies.

By Benepinballs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

disco_fever_1.jpg
referee-flag.jpg
onepiece.jpg
Stern_Facebook_.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Officially coming to a distributor near you....

#2 11 years ago

Don't you dare

#3 11 years ago

Why do this?

#4 11 years ago

Uh oh. Crap thread.

#5 11 years ago

Cool story. What did you have for breakfast when you woke up from that dream?

#6 11 years ago

April fools is one day people...ONE DAY! enough already.

#7 11 years ago

Yeah, no sh't. I want my
Maiden!

#8 11 years ago

Stern says: "Run to the hills! Got to play to win."

Stern_Facebook_.jpgStern_Facebook_.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Id have to see it first...done right and it might rock. I feel a little more pinbally about it than metallica

#10 11 years ago

Hmmmm, saw the Facebook thing, and I was told by a stern person it may not be the title we think..... When's the official release?

#11 11 years ago

Ok guys it is METALLICA 100% not IRON MAIDEN
I stake my reputation on it; anyone saying it is iron maiden is well full of poo poo

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for clarifying, I want Metallica in a bad way

#13 11 years ago

Iron Maiden artwork and toys...what a beautiful pin that would be. Gawd damn.

Almost as beautiful as this jumpsuit...

onepiece.jpgonepiece.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Could be both Metallica primarily for US market and Iron Maiden for Euro market where they are huge. They did it before same pin two different themes...

You know me always like to break from the crowd...

#15 11 years ago

If they did a split release, would it still be possible to get a Maiden pin in the U.S.? (And Vice-Versa?)

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If they did a split release, would it still be possible to get a Maiden pin in the U.S.? (And Vice-Versa?)

There is zero chance of this happening. No worries.

#17 11 years ago

Holding out for Winger. Sorry.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from tcv:

Holding out for Winger. Sorry.

I'm holding out for Cinderella.

I'm "Nobody's Fool"!!

Marcus

#19 11 years ago

#20 11 years ago

Fool for tha city!

#21 11 years ago

I thought they announced the Chris Brown pin where tilting the machine actually scores you points *rimshot*

#22 11 years ago

I saw Maiden last summer and honestly it was just like back in 87' when I saw the Somewhere IN Time tour...those guys have not lost a step. Then again, neither has Metallica. They would both rock. I would be interested in both pinballs. Imagine all the different Eddie modes...
I would say never for Maiden, but then again, I said that and then came Guns N' Roses. Thanks Borg!

#23 11 years ago

Does this mean the Donny & Marie Osmond pin got moved to the back burner again?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Yep, 1 spot behind the BeeGees (which has a larger following than Iron Maiden- at least outside of prison)...

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

No, Jack now says they'll ship March 2013, as soon as the new boards are in.

#26 11 years ago

"The one thing that we never got with Maiden, that we really wanted to do, was the "Iron Maiden Pinball Machine." In the '80s, there was a pinball machine sort of craze and we would have done anything to have an Iron Maiden Pinball machine made just so each of us could own one!" -Bruce Dickinson Interview 2002

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from ashburton:

"The one thing that we never got with Maiden, that we really wanted to do, was the "Iron Maiden Pinball Machine." In the '80s, there was a pinball machine sort of craze and we would have done anything to have an Iron Maiden Pinball machine made just so each of us could own one!" -Bruce Dickinson Interview 2002

That's pretty awesome.

I don't think it's any question that an Iron Maiden pin will be made. I just think it's a question of when, and the answer is "not yet".

#28 11 years ago

http://maidenfans.com/index.php?ACT=module&name=rwarticles&show=15

Second from last paragraph.

Quoted from ashburton:

#29 11 years ago

TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

referee-flag.jpgreferee-flag.jpg

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from ashburton:

OK. That does it for me....

"Honey! I'm buying another machine!"

"What?"

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No, Jack now says they'll ship March 2013, as soon as the new boards are in.

Dang! March is so far away...

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from ashburton:

Hopefully, Stern will make Bruce's and our wish come true from the coast of gold across the seven seas...

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I'm holding out for Cinderella.
I'm "Nobody's Fool"!!
» YouTube video
Marcus

Heh. The 80s.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yep, 1 spot behind the BeeGees (which has a larger following than Iron Maiden- at least outside of prison)...

But seriously now: Was there a Saturday Night Fever pin? Would seem about the right time...?

#35 11 years ago

But seriously now: Was there a Saturday Night Fever pin? Would seem about the right time...?

disco_fever_1.jpgdisco_fever_1.jpg

#36 11 years ago

Huh. Well, it's just about Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta ... all without being Saturday Night Fever OR having John Travolta.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Hopefully, Stern will make Bruce's and our wish come true from the coast of gold across the seven seas...

There are two things that Gary Stern loves most in life- money, and vodka.

AC/DC was truly the first music pin (for me anyway...) to fire on all cylinders. (with DE's GN'R being a close second.) Now that he's seen (financially) what can happen when all of the key elements for a successful band/music based game are met, (sorry TRS...) we know that a second, third, etc... won't be too far behind.
As long as Metallica "the pinball" (not "The Pin" ), is true to what the fans love about Metallica- then, it should sell as well- if not better, than the already well established AC/DC.

I'm cool with waiting a year or two for Maiden's eventual day in the pinball sun. As long as Gary AND the development team charged with making the game understands (and successfully harnesses) the key elements of what makes "Iron Maiden", "I-R-O-N...f*<king...M-A-I-D-E-N!!!!" then naturally, it should do quite well (globally) for Gary Stern and Co.

Up the Irons!

#38 11 years ago

Maiden as the first music LCD STERN for the Gold!

#39 11 years ago

yea, but the problem is. AC/DC is based off of AC/DC. It has balls to the wall of awesomeness. Where metallica had balls in the beginning, then they shriveled up...withered away, dried up, snapped off, and blew off like dust in the wind. Leaving only buffalo bill wiener tuck in it's place. Metallica pin will rock about as much as a Vanilla Ice pin would.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I'm cool with waiting a year or two for Maiden's eventual day in the pinball sun.

I have come to restore sanity to the pinball community. Their is not now nor will there ever be an Iron Maiden (band) pinball from Stern. Now...I have a bunch of other posts to police on this subject. Have fun.

2 years later
#41 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Maiden as the first music LCD STERN for the Gold!

I agree!

#42 8 years ago

Wow talk about resurection lol

Still in if it happens

#43 8 years ago

Almost a reality now

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-iron-maiden-pinball-and-fools-all-the-pinball-groupies?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.