(Topic ID: 175720)

Stern announces another price increase- TELL THEM NO!

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 804 posts
  • 223 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you continue to buy NEW Stern games?”

• No 510 votes
      75%
    • Yes 87 votes
      13%
    • unsure 87 votes
      13%

(684 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aerosmith-topper-concept1 (resized).jpg
    20161223_112227 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104858 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104905 (resized).jpg
    00image-7 (resized).jpg
    000image-8 (resized).jpg
    20161228_163457 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Sabers (resized).jpg
    darth (resized).jpg
    pulp-fiction-pulp-fiction-13185677-1920-810 (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-star-wars-the-force-awakens-png (resized).jpg
    SeaRaider (resized).jpg
    338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg
    mmrow (resized).jpg
    139rxc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 7 years ago

The only good thing that might come from this increase is better themes, the prices in Canada are stupid but I would pony up if the theme was something special, Aerosmith ain't cuttin the mustard for a price hike.

#334 7 years ago

You wanna charge big money for pinball machines then make sure the theme is there, look at Dialed In that won't be selling large, Star Wars LE's will sell out real fast and SLE even faster should that be an option, based on the OG triolgy and with a Dark Side special LE version I will gladly pay sight unseen.

#408 7 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Heck, the $5000+ price tag on 20+ year-old B/W games is crazy to me too. Especially when I bought those games 10 years ago for half the current prices and the games were half as old.

Exactly, the used market is the most out of control but hey "supply and demand" right?.

#442 7 years ago

R u guys for real? Prices increase on most items every year from food to electricity so on and so on and all of these factors play a role in the increased pricing of manufactured goods and a lot of other areas, I would agree prices are too high but to make it out like ur some victim when you don't have to buy pins is really stupid, priced out then find a new hobby. Jesus am I the only one that can see whats happening here, these guys know this won't last and are capitalizing, same thing in the used market, 3 to 4K for a Shadow, WTF? don't buy anything, its quite simple.

#452 7 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's not about pricing me out and the need to find a new hobby, I have a hobby, it's pinball. It's about the greedy push from Stern and the quality behind the product is not satisfactory. It's even beyond the collector market, what about the operators? Price increases are normal, sure, but not every two seconds, and not for worse or cut back product.

Hey I agree with you, I feel the same way about JJP, ok the build quality is there but its not as if they have zero issues and for me the themes suck which is equally unsatisfactory, I'm priced out from all the current manufacturer's, Alien gets my money because its Alien and SW might cause me to pay up buy otherwise its over. I'm sticking with sys 11's and sys 80's and I'll go play the Sterns on location or at the distributors.

#471 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Ghostbusters LE again showed them that people will pay markups. People were desperately looking for GB LE's and paying over market price, and Stern knows it. They couldn't produce GB Pro's fast enough at the start either. The hunger and "gotta have it" market is fat for Stern, and they're adjusting their pricing structure to us on how we responded to them.

Yeah but its the GB theme that caused that hunger, if it had been based on the new film it wouldn't have been the same and they will get a wake up call with Aerosmith, BM66 and SW will have little problem selling well but Dialed In will not, its all theme and has been for a long time, TS and JM great great pinball machines but the films were shit for the most part and that kept them at 2K mark for a long time even less where as TZ and TAF easily double the price, then MM and MB etc. quadrupled, I know most will say much better pins but not for me, much better themes, thats the ticket and the only good thing that will come from these higher prices, the theme will have to be up to par otherwise no one is laying out this kinda a money, I would rather pay 10K for a Blade Runner or SW OG trilogy than 7 or 8K for WWE, Aerosmith or a pin that revovles around a cell phone.

#484 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

But I can't imagine Stern taking the time to crack it open and update it.

Maybe another VE with comic book art and some updated code but the OG is great as is.

#584 7 years ago

It should be easy enough to tell them no with Aerosmith but SW will sell huge if its based on the original trilogy regardless of the price hike.

#631 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Secondary market and exploring EMs sound good to me.

Gottlieb Sys 80s Ice, they are great and cheap.

338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #746 7 years ago

I'm not an Aerosmith fan but that is one beautiful looking pinball machine and it appears to play nice and fast, good layout with a very cool toy in that clown and toy box, look forward to playing one. GB's, BM66 and now Aerosmith say what you want about Stern but they do deliver.

#756 7 years ago

You guys have it pretty good, in Canada right now with taxes a Stern pro is 8K, only dream themes will cause me to even consider paying the current prices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-another-price-increase-tell-them-no?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.