(Topic ID: 175720)

Stern announces another price increase- TELL THEM NO!

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 804 posts
  • 223 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you continue to buy NEW Stern games?”

• No 510 votes
      75%
    • Yes 87 votes
      13%
    • unsure 87 votes
      13%

(684 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aerosmith-topper-concept1 (resized).jpg
    20161223_112227 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104858 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104905 (resized).jpg
    00image-7 (resized).jpg
    000image-8 (resized).jpg
    20161228_163457 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Sabers (resized).jpg
    darth (resized).jpg
    pulp-fiction-pulp-fiction-13185677-1920-810 (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-star-wars-the-force-awakens-png (resized).jpg
    SeaRaider (resized).jpg
    338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg
    mmrow (resized).jpg
    139rxc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Is that the British spelling?
    ยป YouTube video

hehee, have you guys seen The Inbetweeners film? it's very British, with very British humour that may not all translate outside the UK, but probably most of it does. they had the Pussay Patrol - check this clip:

https://vimeo.com/49477506

1 week later
    #593 7 years ago

wow, i hadn't visited this thread in a week, now it looks like if anything it's gaining momentum. i agree that over the next 12-18 months the marketplace will thin down.

i predict that it'll go from Stern-JJP-Heighway-Spooky-Homepin-Dutch-Chicago+/-American, P3, others .......
    ....to.....
    Stern-plus-2

#690 7 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

My friends and neighbors could care less which games I have.
    I had twelve 10 year old girls over the other day for my daughter's birthday party. Do you think they played WOZ or KISS? The hit of the party was a game from 1969 and not even a pin.

What's that they're playing on?

Same here, when my non-pinhead friends come over to play, they couldn't care less what titles they are. The most popular game at mine is always The Sopranos, but they dig all of them.

In the UK, hardly any of my pinhead friends buy NIB, it's a luxury item like a car, and not that many people have more than one car. We all circulate the same second hand titles, but the prices have shot up by 20-30% on most machines in the last 18 months. Lots of new blood is good for the hobby, but plenty of the new guys seem to have very deep pockets: on the UK forum, nearly all the guys who are discussing their NIB games are newcomers. It's not a hobby for postmen and teachers and mechanics any more.

I'm glad I got my collection pretty much complete between 2010-2015, much better of course to have done it 10 years earlier. I'd cash out in a heartbeat if I suddenly needed the money, then later I'd track down my 3-5 favourites to play in my retirement, and just get my fix of variety at pinball shows.

All change. Merry Christmas pinsiders

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-another-price-increase-tell-them-no?tu=cooldan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.