(Topic ID: 175720)

Stern announces another price increase- TELL THEM NO!

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 804 posts
  • 223 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you continue to buy NEW Stern games?”

• No 510 votes
      75%
    • Yes 87 votes
      13%
    • unsure 87 votes
      13%

(684 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aerosmith-topper-concept1 (resized).jpg
    20161223_112227 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104858 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104905 (resized).jpg
    00image-7 (resized).jpg
    000image-8 (resized).jpg
    20161228_163457 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Sabers (resized).jpg
    darth (resized).jpg
    pulp-fiction-pulp-fiction-13185677-1920-810 (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-star-wars-the-force-awakens-png (resized).jpg
    SeaRaider (resized).jpg
    338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg
    mmrow (resized).jpg
    139rxc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You know what? You're wrong. They can and they will, maybe...but not from ME.

Honestly, I'm completely with you in the disgust over the direction Stern has taken. I've been a big supporter of Stern and really want them to continue to succeed. But in the current negative column:

- Unfinished code (With respect to Markmon, what is finished? However, make the public statement that code is considered complete or an update is in fact planned. It's laughable you have a social media strategy yet can't effectively communicate with your customers. Broken strategy)

- Quality issues (no need to elaborate. Get some things will need tweaks, but it's getting worse than tweaks. Always had a reputation of standing by product and excellent customer service - first time coming into question.

- Backlog

- Disti locking in floor pricing is total BS

- Pricing is way out of control. But as other posters mentioned, they will keep raising until people in the community show them they've gone to far and stop buying.

I hate to say it, but nothing will change. And this pisses me off on the pricing - but freakin everyone in the community is to blame.

People made videos to beg to be a Super Batman 66 "special buyer" for $15k!! Star Wars, which isn't even out yet or any pics leaked, reportedly has waiting lists with distributors for LEs that will likely exceed admittedly their own expected allotment. Don't believe me, call one up!!

On pricing, as a consumer I'm pissed. And I used to buy NIB games all the time just like Rai posted. No more. But if I'm Stern, I'd do similar. For every badbilly and Rai, there is a (insert name here) who throws money at Stern to be the first to get a NIB LE. To each their own. But when running a business, as long as the register keeps filling up with cash and selling out with backlogs - some customers may be pissed and that stinks, but can't please everyone. Please the ones still paying. Sucks to read but that's the truth.

Lastly, I encourage Highway, Dutch, Spooky and JJP to consider discussions of a few of them merging. Yes, they each have a nitch play - but coming together to consolidate manufacturing and speed to market would really give Stern a kick in the ass. Right now, it's a pimple on a cheek they squeeze (with no disrespect intended).

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

GAP has them in stock. Cancel your order with your distributor and contact mike

Although even with Stern price increase, you may get it cheaper from another disti post January. Sad, but factual.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Billy - did you just finish spending some time in the Cannabis Club?

I just started reading that thread last night. Learning a lot. But, not a member.

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Alien looks pretty well made from what has been shown so far, the playfields alone look like glass, far better than some of the dull clearcoats I've seen from Stern.

Sorry, have to jump in here. I wish Heighway nothing but success with Alien. But went to the Expo unveil at Twin Peaks and they barely had the games working - in fact we were there for over an hour and saw 2 minutes of gameplay because couldn't get to work. At their own party!! I heard later in the evening and at Expo people saw them working.

So while I'm hoping its turns out great, lets be careful talking "well made" and Alien in same breadth until proven.

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah an that bm66 played so well... Lol
    Actually the PROTOTYPE aliens played just fine on sat and sunday at expo. Full throttle is also the best built new machine i have seen in the past few years. Extremely well made and well thought out engineering also.

Agree on the bm66 jpop like cabinet reveal. LOL

I've played full throttle and build feels good. It is built and plays well. Which is why I sincerely hope it all gets ironed out on Aliens.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

I bought the last three richie machines NIB, but I'm not buying anymore of his games.
    The kings crown is crooked.

Nah, Borg just is wearing it now.

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

hell, Mustang is well coded game.

You had me up until this example. Sold past the close.

#487 7 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Some here seem to have little idea of actual costs and issues at a manufacturing level.

Appreciate the post. While I know it would be poor form to comment on Stern as a competitor directly, can you offer some level setting guidance to those of us who are upset.

As a manufacturer, do you foresee Homepin following a similar pricing increase over time based on your experience as a manufacturer? If you develop costs savings in engineering, specifically to Homepin, are the manufacturing projected costs such that you forsee increases over time at the same level?

Not meant to read sarcastic - not intent. Sincerely, appreciate education if customers expectations are incorrect - again - in general.

#492 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

if someone likes it the way it is and never wants to see the mode they can leave the settings alone, but give us mere mortals an option to reduce the number of drones we need...or some other adjustment.

I stick a towel in the main drain as my adjustment in settings to get to Do or Die in IM.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-another-price-increase-tell-them-no?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.