(Topic ID: 175720)

Stern announces another price increase- TELL THEM NO!

By shacklersrevenge

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 804 posts
  • 223 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you continue to buy NEW Stern games?”

• No 510 votes
      75%
    • Yes 85 votes
      12%
    • unsure 87 votes
      13%

(682 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

aerosmith-topper-concept1 (resized).jpg
    20161223_112227 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104858 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104905 (resized).jpg
    00image-7 (resized).jpg
    000image-8 (resized).jpg
    20161228_163457 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Sabers (resized).jpg
    darth (resized).jpg
    pulp-fiction-pulp-fiction-13185677-1920-810 (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-star-wars-the-force-awakens-png (resized).jpg
    SeaRaider (resized).jpg
    338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg
    mmrow (resized).jpg
    139rxc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#306 2 years ago

This hobby does not need NIB pins to keep it alive. When I first entered this hobby Stern was just about DOA and nobody even talked about them. Of course then LOTR hit and they were back.

But the hobby would have continued just fine even if they hadn't survived.

Sure things would be different, but the hobby would survive regardless.

My biggest issue is not the price increases....it's the price increases combined with the reduction in quality. GB was a dream theme for me...didn't buy one, and don't plan to with the current quality.

#481 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Needs a real skill shot. Do or die multi ball needs to be made somewhat attainable. Needs work on the multi ball. Just minor stuff but it needs it.

Those things would make it better......but it doesn't need them. As is it's one of my all time favorites.

#491 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyway, why not just adjust the settings to reduce the number of drones you need? That's the big problem on IM...if someone likes it the way it is and never wants to see the mode they can leave the settings alone, but give us mere mortals an option to reduce the number of drones we need...or some other adjustment.

I agree 100% with this....give us the option to make it attainable by mere mortals. In the meantime I'm have a blast just getting to regular DoD and Jericho. Jericho is one of my favorite modes in ANY pinball game. I have beaten it on 1 ball (once) and now keep it set to carry over because it's so much fun to play......I still rarely finish it becasue by the time you normally qualify it you only have one or two balls left anyway. The only way IM is ever leaving is if I desperately need the money or leave the hobby entirely......or I die and my wife sells it.

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

IM rules are similar to Avatar. I've done both do or die and Final Battle on Avatar a few times. I prefer Avatar though, I think it's the better game and the scoring is more balanced.

Me thinks you are talking about regular ol DoD......not DoD multiball.

I only know one person who got there and his game was not factory (outlanes on tightest setting). I know of ZERO people who've gotten there on factory settings. Not saying it's never been done but I would think it would have been big news around here if it had.

#507 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Huh?
    Sorry, I have to completely disagree with this. Increasing the number of balls to 5 on LOTR means that a solid player will get to Valinor with a couple dozen attempts?! Really?
    I don't think so. Not even close. Makes me wonder how familiar you really are with this pin?

Had LOTR for eight years and single games the lasted up to two hours......never got there.

#517 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

That dont sound like much fun.... 2 hours? Wow

That is why it's gone.

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

One guy posted a video reaching it, but it was not factory settings. Still was pretty impressive to reach it IMO.

That's the one guy I was referring to.

#540 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Buy an Addams Family for $3k four years ago, and sell for $6K today.

TAF was not 3k in 2012/2013. I'd have one if it was. The popular (4k+) 90's games have gone up about $500-1000 since 2012.

#541 2 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I had read that existing titles in distributor's inventory, will be going up in price because of Stern.
    It would be cruel if Wrestlemania was subjected to this.

Quoted from JimB:

Confirmed, its on the way up. Must be all the labor for the new code updates coming out in January causing this. Updating all those back titles to make them code complete costs money.

If that's true then a lot of distributors are going to be sitting on a lot of unsold Wrestlemania's.

#556 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I'm pretty sure I know how much I paid for every machine I've purchased.

So what you paid for one machine four years ago dictates what the actual market value of said machine was four years ago?

Bizarre response.

#572 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

As people get priced out of the latest and greatest they more than likely look around and stumble across greats from the past. As NIB prices continue to rise, unfortunately so will older titles from all previous eras.

So what happens when NIB prices crash?

I can't wait.

#687 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Well first off, just skip the shelling out $5500 part, because it's dumb.
    But in the world of Star Wars collectibles you can do a hell of a lot more with that money. This notion that a Star Wars pin is a license to print money is just silly. Fans are not going to be lining up around the block to buy it, just not going to happen.

Yep....I'm a huge Star Wars fan. In fact the whole family is. No plans to purchase the upcoming Star Wars pin. Maybe someday on the secondary market. I'm done (for now) with NIBs. And by "for now" I mean until the pricing comes back down to earth....if it doesn't then I won't be buying NIB pins period. I said a couple years ago that 6k was my ceiling on ANY pin.....haven't hit it yet and don't plan to anytime soon.

That is not a financial ceiling for me.....just an arbitrary "pinball machines are WORTH no more than this" limit I came to. Above 5-6k there are better things I can be spending my money on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside