(Topic ID: 175720)

Stern announces another price increase- TELL THEM NO!

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 804 posts
  • 223 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you continue to buy NEW Stern games?”

• No 510 votes
      75%
    • Yes 87 votes
      13%
    • unsure 87 votes
      13%

(684 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aerosmith-topper-concept1 (resized).jpg
    20161223_112227 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104858 (resized).jpg
    20161223_104905 (resized).jpg
    00image-7 (resized).jpg
    000image-8 (resized).jpg
    20161228_163457 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Sabers (resized).jpg
    darth (resized).jpg
    pulp-fiction-pulp-fiction-13185677-1920-810 (resized).jpg
    mark-hamill-star-wars-the-force-awakens-png (resized).jpg
    SeaRaider (resized).jpg
    338033145f188f99b6ac6def558ea45bc62dc68b (resized).jpg
    mmrow (resized).jpg
    139rxc (resized).jpg

There are 804 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
    #801 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'd like to read more about minimum pricing etc. I'll be the first to admit I'm not informed on this topic.
    Does Stern get the same price per unit, or do they have bulk discounts to distributors?
    How does it benefit Stern to control distributors pricing?
    Just curious.

Some distributors were upset because a select few other distros were selling the games with very little margin at all. They have overhead and need to make something... Then they enacted the minimum advertised price rule, which is very common in electronics. They will penalize distros if they advertise the game for below a certain amount.

#803 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'd like to read more about minimum pricing etc. I'll be the first to admit I'm not informed on this topic.
    Does Stern get the same price per unit, or do they have bulk discounts to distributors?
    Just curious.

What I want to know is, what the distributor actually pays per unit. Lets say one, or an order of 5, is there a difference?
    This is information I haven't been able to obtain.

#804 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Just curious.

Min pricing is most likely there to protect the major distributors. I know of two guys who were Stern distributors who worked out of there home they bought enough games every yr to get a deal with out the overhead of a major distributor

There are 804 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-another-price-increase-tell-them-no/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.