(Topic ID: 32736)

Stern and JJP look out, China is building pins.

By Pinballmike217

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinaholic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

china_pinball.jpg
    295480410_498.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago

The company that makes those machines contacted me a few years ago.

Yes, they are some sort of redemption machine. They don't have flippers.

The lady who was emailing me said that they can't make "pinball machines like Stern" because they are illegal in China because people bet on the games. So they are outlawed.

I've been to China 5 times and I've never seen a pinball machine anywhere. Not saying there isn't one ... I just haven't seen one ... And none of my chinese mates who live there have seen one either.

On another note, there was this guy here in NZ who wanted to buy some pins off me. He was emailing me for months trying to get expensive machines for a deal. Obviously he had a limited budget, but instead of buying a LW3 he wanted a SM for the same price.

He searched on line and found someone in China who was willing to sell him an Ironman, Spider-Man and Batman DK for $5400 USD the three. What a deal! They sent him a proper proforma invoice and he sent them $5400 USD. Imagine his surprise when they didn't show up as promised....

So to recoup some of his $5400 USD he listed the receipt for sale and someone bought it for $5 from memory :lol You can't see the receipt online anymore, but here is the link to the auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/other/auction-396066658.htm

Dave.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-and-jjp-look-out-china-is-building-pins?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.