(Topic ID: 32736)

Stern and JJP look out, China is building pins.

By Pinballmike217

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinaholic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

china_pinball.jpg
    295480410_498.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

There are literally dozens & DOZENS of arcades in China in every city and they are always full. Pinball machines are not legal in China and never have been allowed so Chinese have no idea what a pinball machine is.

I have been to see this machine as I do business in some aracde parts - it is in a small factory in a suburb of Guangzhou - Panu, where almost all arcade stuff comes from - buttons, sticks, 60in1's etc etc

It is more like a bingo machine than anything else - it certainly IS NOT a pinball machine as we in the west know them.

I have no doubt that the Chinese 'could' make a pinball - let's face it, many parts for WMS machines were made in China (they kept that a close secret) and SEGA pinball PCBs were always made in China - I wouldn't doubt for a second that Stern has many, if not all of their PCBs made in China.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

There are many bogus companies operating on alibaba so beware if you choose to deal with any of them. Always look for verified gold suppliers that have a traceable past record of business. With that in mind, almost anything can be sourced from Alibaba.com. If it doesnt exist, there will be a legitimate company on that site that will be able to create it.

More than 30% of listings on "Ali-Baba (and the 40 theives)" are bogus.

Gold verified status means NOTHING as all you need to do to achieve this is pay extra money to Ali-Baba.

I confronted Ali-Baba staff at a trade show in China a few years back about this and they confirmed that ANYONE could join as a gold member for (at the time) RMB5000 - about US$800

DON'T deal with anyone from any of these sites. It costs peanuts to visit them in person and make up your mind first hand - even then you risk being ripped off but at least stand a better chance of getting some goods - even if they are the wrong ones or inferior.

I have my own office in China and I employ 8 Chinese staff and one Australian manager. My son also lives in China. Even then it can sometimes be difficult - from a distance, in another country, you WILL get ripped off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 89.99
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.95
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside