(Topic ID: 32736)

Stern and JJP look out, China is building pins.

By Pinballmike217

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinaholic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

china_pinball.jpg
    295480410_498.JPG

#2 6 years ago

"When the balls don’t throw the hole after spurt out, player can press the button in time to increase the chance to get the prize. It is interesting."

LMAO. Sounds filthy.

#3 6 years ago

Hahaha you beat me to it. I'm sold on the description.

#4 6 years ago

And just when I thought I had issues with the games I have now...

#5 6 years ago

The innovation is incredible. They put the high side of the cabinet in front, and mounted the head on the low side of the cabinet in back. That never would have occured to me. Steve Ritchie will be upset he didn't think of that.

#6 6 years ago

I like how it says Lifelong Maintenance in the corner banner..."You will work on this spurt out hole forever."

#7 6 years ago

You guys can laugh but at the right price range these could be a threat in the future. It looks like it has LED strips in it. It will not replace the Sterns and JJP or others yet but they are fast learners. With the prices the way they are they could really step it up and make a lot of sales. Route OPs will do it if they will earn and trow them away after a while.

#8 6 years ago

rommy, you're going for it aren't you!

#9 6 years ago

I could be first kid on the block with one Matt! You could mod the hell out of it.

#10 6 years ago

odd looking piece for sure.... dont think i could make room for it

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from PennSkier:

"When the balls don’t throw the hole after spurt out, player can press the button in time to increase the chance to get the prize."

Ah, sounds like how the Mrs and I used to practice birth control.

#12 6 years ago

The fact that we still invent, create and innovate here gives me hope for the future. Overseas can knock stuff off, but can never come up with it first.

#13 6 years ago

Looks like a payout pinball to me.

#14 6 years ago

Jackie Chan played it; He likes it!

#15 6 years ago

Wow! 500 Available! that's an Limited Edition! get your orders in guys =)

#16 6 years ago

¥62,000 by Chinese New Year!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

¥62,000 by Chinese New Year!

Lol

This guy knows how to party

#18 6 years ago

I see that the backglass shows soccer theme artwork.
    I did not see any hot looking women on the backglass, just soccer balls and dudes. Ho-hum.

#19 6 years ago

canceling my hobbit pre order now...

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Looks like a payout pinball to me.

Same to me. If so very little interest. Might be a good idea for route pins. Stern just made ticket dispenser adapters for there pins as well.

Not that interested at least not yet.

#21 6 years ago

want.

295480410_498.JPG

#22 6 years ago

It will not replace the Sterns and JJP or others yet but they are fast learners

Yes, but first you need something to copy/learn from. I don't see a single pinball in china:
    china_pinball.jpg

Granted that list isn't always accurate, what are the odds there are many (if any) pinballs in china? It's a communist country, not exactly time for leisure in most places. That thing looks cobbled together from photos or videos someone saw online. "Oh yes, so we make cabinet, and we put some pegs up here, and then flipper down here, and maybe pegs make score go up. Then we put some sort of coin mechanism on front, this one from laundromat. This scoring display, this from counter at factory, this be good to make score".

Not saying it's not a nice try, but who knows if they'll ever make anything fun? Or even looks good? That gold trim is killing me, and look at the back box? It looks like someone found some scrap wood in the dumpter and cut it with a handsaw.

Reminds me of the china man that built a submarine for $31k in his basment:
    http://www.odditycentral.com/news/unemployed-man-builds-31000-submarines-in-his-basement.html

#23 6 years ago

Wooo-ha!

Best thread of the year!
    This was the most funniest in this forum, what I ever read...
    If I would be rich, for sure order today 2 piece... 55Kg? Made from WHAT?

#24 6 years ago

No worries doubt these will be any threat face it ITS From CHINA It will be broke down more than it works most likely.

#25 6 years ago

looks like junk. no thanks.

#26 6 years ago

There's a place to play pinball in Hong Kong.

http://www.pinballnews.com/sites/americanpool/index.html

#27 6 years ago

These things are more bingos than actual pins, fyi.

#28 6 years ago

I just started the thread as a joke. I know Stern and JJP don't have to worry about this thing. Thought it was worth a chuckle.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

What are the odds there are many (if any) pinballs in china? It's a communist country, not exactly time for leisure in most places.

I don't think pinball (well, American pinball anyway - they different games they call pinball) has really caught on much in China, but I know there are machines to be found in Beijing and Shanghai at least. Arcades are actually crazy popular in China. I think I heard that Shanghai actually got a bar-arcade earlier this year.

#30 6 years ago

That's hilarious!
    This thread gives me a reason to mention going to engrish.com if you have not already.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

I don't think pinball (well, American pinball anyway - they different games they call pinball) has really caught on much in China, but I know there are machines to be found in Beijing and Shanghai at least. Arcades are actually crazy popular in China. I think I heard that Shanghai actually got a bar-arcade earlier this year.

Where have you found pins to play in Shanghai?? I would love to know so I can get my pinball fix when I'm over there for weeks at a time. I've spent many a free night going to different sports bars, pubs, etc in search of the elusive pinball in Shanghai, and have come up empty every time.

Even at the monstrous arcade in New World City mall (right next to People's Square), filled with countless driving, shooter, fighting, and redemption games, there was not a single pin to be found.

#32 6 years ago

This has been available for quite some time. Do a search for pinball machines on alibaba.com (chinese trade supply website) and theres many more to choose from. Most are utter crap however.

#33 6 years ago

that is a funny site for sure!(engrish.com)

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Where have you found pins to play in Shanghai?? I would love to know so I can get my pinball fix when I'm over there for weeks at a time.

It's been a while, I can't remember the name of the place I went to, but I have a family member who is there a lot and found the place for me - I'll ask him if he knows the name/address.

#37 6 years ago

That shrek page shows avatar as description? Also look at the main page, apparently you can still buy buck hunter, batman, iron man (4 years ago), yet it says they can supply up to 100 sets:
    http://sipuls.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html

Sign me up!

#38 6 years ago

There are many bogus companies operating on alibaba so beware if you choose to deal with any of them. Always look for verified gold suppliers that have a traceable past record of business. With that in mind, almost anything can be sourced from Alibaba.com. If it doesnt exist, there will be a legitimate company on that site that will be able to create it.

#39 6 years ago

It is interesting.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Looks like Cliffy has some comp to...JK

thats a (lame) shooter tip which I do not make.... yet

#41 6 years ago

The company that makes those machines contacted me a few years ago.

Yes, they are some sort of redemption machine. They don't have flippers.

The lady who was emailing me said that they can't make "pinball machines like Stern" because they are illegal in China because people bet on the games. So they are outlawed.

I've been to China 5 times and I've never seen a pinball machine anywhere. Not saying there isn't one ... I just haven't seen one ... And none of my chinese mates who live there have seen one either.

On another note, there was this guy here in NZ who wanted to buy some pins off me. He was emailing me for months trying to get expensive machines for a deal. Obviously he had a limited budget, but instead of buying a LW3 he wanted a SM for the same price.

He searched on line and found someone in China who was willing to sell him an Ironman, Spider-Man and Batman DK for $5400 USD the three. What a deal! They sent him a proper proforma invoice and he sent them $5400 USD. Imagine his surprise when they didn't show up as promised....

So to recoup some of his $5400 USD he listed the receipt for sale and someone bought it for $5 from memory :lol You can't see the receipt online anymore, but here is the link to the auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/other/auction-396066658.htm

Dave.

#42 6 years ago

There are literally dozens & DOZENS of arcades in China in every city and they are always full. Pinball machines are not legal in China and never have been allowed so Chinese have no idea what a pinball machine is.

I have been to see this machine as I do business in some aracde parts - it is in a small factory in a suburb of Guangzhou - Panu, where almost all arcade stuff comes from - buttons, sticks, 60in1's etc etc

It is more like a bingo machine than anything else - it certainly IS NOT a pinball machine as we in the west know them.

I have no doubt that the Chinese 'could' make a pinball - let's face it, many parts for WMS machines were made in China (they kept that a close secret) and SEGA pinball PCBs were always made in China - I wouldn't doubt for a second that Stern has many, if not all of their PCBs made in China.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

There are many bogus companies operating on alibaba so beware if you choose to deal with any of them. Always look for verified gold suppliers that have a traceable past record of business. With that in mind, almost anything can be sourced from Alibaba.com. If it doesnt exist, there will be a legitimate company on that site that will be able to create it.

More than 30% of listings on "Ali-Baba (and the 40 theives)" are bogus.

Gold verified status means NOTHING as all you need to do to achieve this is pay extra money to Ali-Baba.

I confronted Ali-Baba staff at a trade show in China a few years back about this and they confirmed that ANYONE could join as a gold member for (at the time) RMB5000 - about US$800

DON'T deal with anyone from any of these sites. It costs peanuts to visit them in person and make up your mind first hand - even then you risk being ripped off but at least stand a better chance of getting some goods - even if they are the wrong ones or inferior.

I have my own office in China and I employ 8 Chinese staff and one Australian manager. My son also lives in China. Even then it can sometimes be difficult - from a distance, in another country, you WILL get ripped off.

#44 6 years ago

Thanks for the inside info. Wise words by those in the know should always be listened to.

#45 6 years ago

Now Stern can advertise that they are one of the only makers of pinball machines in the world.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 11.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside