Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-12-30 144835 (resized).jpg
    D596F731-BDDA-40C0-B46F-99C5E56116E1 (resized).png
    957FB119-1CAD-42CD-BE8C-D32260087A1C (resized).png
    65381A88-BCCB-4589-8013-B617E4643E02 (resized).png
    55E80716-79DD-4119-AB2F-EFEF507B3767 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    man cloud.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 143200 (resized).jpg
    6B1C29AD-246D-4F0A-81D4-733D8591AD3E (resized).jpeg
    HOM01254 (resized).jpg
    s-l500 (resized).jpg
    050D6D08-2824-4756-A6AE-671F5B24484C.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Days.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Today

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

Meh. This seems to be pretty standard for a premium goodie box.

? are you serious? one cap , one t shirt and one vinyl it's standard to be 499usd?
    Sure, of course... well tried Seth Davis, you almost fooled me

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

It’s Rush. There’s a lot of value in the IP. You can’t look just at the raw materials as if this wasn’t branded.
    Sure it’s pricey. That’s kinda the point from a marketing standpoint. It’s “exclusive.”

Sure, that's why i said there's the signatures prices and IP, it will cost them maybe 60 euros max for the ip. I work on board games and IP , so i also know how ip works. Normally IP it's from 10% to 30% of the value, depending the agreement.
    And i said materials went up, sure, but about 10% not 65%.... 7500 to 12200 it's a raise of almost 65%....
    It's quite important margins.... let's be serious when talking about it...

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

Guys who spend literal tens of thousands on their hobby complaining about an optional, $500 product they don't in fact have to buy lol

You are missing completely the point of it, your comment doesn't makes sense, but well.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

New thread idea: The most overpriced thing you've ever bought, and why.

Damn, that's a hard one, i spent some minutes thinking about all the stuff i bought, i would say, 110usd from a ebay scalper selling a collection of vinyl that the original price was 40usd.... A Heroes of Might and Magic 3 OST that was produced 2 years ago.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

hah you think this is bad....
    2016 Roger Waters "The Wall' Super deluxe box set - that was over $1,000!

Why using the bad exemples to justify? Indeed 1k it's the double of the price and overpriced, still:
    4 Vinyl, 3 blu ray disks, 2 Cds, and one Harcover book 170 pages.

The only box i bought was the LIVE SHIT from Metallica , 20 years ago, was a bit expensive for me at the time, but damn, was full , full of material inside.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, it's a test to see if they can sell a box of Rush crap for $300.
    You were right about the annoying and overdone part though. And here I was worried we wouldn't get another dumb pricing thread before Christmas!

....and am worried that you will be dumb enough to read that "dumb pricing thread before Christmas"!

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

There is no way that stuff is worth even close to $500. My deal is that I’ve been an avid pin buyer, but with the way companies are approaching things these days it’s just a total turn off. I’m dialing it way back on everything pin related. I only say this for context, but I can afford all this stuff at the inflated prices. It’s just that at this point I feel like I’m being taken advantage of and I don’t like it. Business is a two always street, so I’m not going to respect the pin companies if they don’t respect me.

I have that exact feeling, and was the point of this post.
    "taking advantage" is the key word.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

This package is more expensive than similar Rush paraphernalia but just like pinball machines, make them limited availability and someone's gonna pay it.

basically you are saying the opposite of your last sentence... what you just said is literally "taking advantage" .

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

All you people complaining about prices need to get off your lazy asses and get a job. Or, a second or third job if necessary. Lazy bastards. Always looking for handouts. CEO's gotta eat too you know. Work harder and prices are not an issue.

Honey, i work 7 days per week, and i can buy this 499 without any problems, i have money to buy it, believe me, i spent already some money this year in pinball machines, 499usd is nothing. The question is about the attitude, but well, seeing how you write , you are at the same level of attitude. Your level of intelligence is the same of that Rush t shirt....

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I’m angry! Someone is selling something I don’t want… and it makes me feel victimized!

Am not angry, am talking. And am not victim of anything and am not victimizing, am talking about a brand and attitude.
    Apparently you are angry about my post, dont be, relax, we are just talking.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Days.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-amp-cia-and-prices-sky-is-the-limit-?tu=Days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.