Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-12-30 144835 (resized).jpg
    D596F731-BDDA-40C0-B46F-99C5E56116E1 (resized).png
    957FB119-1CAD-42CD-BE8C-D32260087A1C (resized).png
    65381A88-BCCB-4589-8013-B617E4643E02 (resized).png
    55E80716-79DD-4119-AB2F-EFEF507B3767 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    man cloud.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 143200 (resized).jpg
    6B1C29AD-246D-4F0A-81D4-733D8591AD3E (resized).jpeg
    HOM01254 (resized).jpg
    s-l500 (resized).jpg
    050D6D08-2824-4756-A6AE-671F5B24484C.gif

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Today

#2 1 year ago

I like it when they find ways to make money, besides raising the cost of the pinball machines.

#3 1 year ago

Unreal.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like it when they find ways to make money, besides raising the cost of the pinball machines.

Except they are doing both, no "besides" here

#5 1 year ago

Meh. This seems to be pretty standard for a premium goodie box.

You’ve identified the major factors here. Higher cost of inputs, plus a pretty good market share allowing it to increase prices and test what the market will bear. That’s just capitalism. If people didn’t go with it, demand would shrink and so would prices.

#6 1 year ago

Meh, I don't really see $500 in value for swag.

#7 1 year ago

Id buy the shirt

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

Meh. This seems to be pretty standard for a premium goodie box.

? are you serious? one cap , one t shirt and one vinyl it's standard to be 499usd?
    Sure, of course... well tried Seth Davis, you almost fooled me

#9 1 year ago

It’s Rush. There’s a lot of value in the IP. You can’t look just at the raw materials as if this wasn’t branded.

Sure it’s pricey. That’s kinda the point from a marketing standpoint. It’s “exclusive.”

#10 1 year ago

I think they include signatures of the Alex and Geddy, too. I love my Rush, but not looking to grab one of these. If this was a KISS treasure box with autographs and swag, I'd be in at this price, but if it was KISS, it'd be double lol.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

It’s Rush. There’s a lot of value in the IP. You can’t look just at the raw materials as if this wasn’t branded.
    Sure it’s pricey. That’s kinda the point from a marketing standpoint. It’s “exclusive.”

Sure, that's why i said there's the signatures prices and IP, it will cost them maybe 60 euros max for the ip. I work on board games and IP , so i also know how ip works. Normally IP it's from 10% to 30% of the value, depending the agreement.
    And i said materials went up, sure, but about 10% not 65%.... 7500 to 12200 it's a raise of almost 65%....
    It's quite important margins.... let's be serious when talking about it...

#12 1 year ago

New thread idea: The most overpriced thing you've ever bought, and why.

#13 1 year ago

Guys who spend literal tens of thousands on their hobby complaining about an optional, $500 product they don't in fact have to buy lol

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

Guys who spend literal tens of thousands on their hobby complaining about an optional, $500 product they don't in fact have to buy lol

You are missing completely the point of it, your comment doesn't makes sense, but well.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

in before divorce jokes

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Damn, that's a hard one, i spent some minutes thinking about all the stuff i bought, i would say, 110usd from a ebay scalper selling a collection of vinyl that the original price was 40usd.... A Heroes of Might and Magic 3 OST that was produced 2 years ago.

#17 1 year ago

hah you think this is bad....

2016 Roger Waters "The Wall' Super deluxe box set - that was over $1,000!

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

hah you think this is bad....
    2016 Roger Waters "The Wall' Super deluxe box set - that was over $1,000!

Why using the bad exemples to justify? Indeed 1k it's the double of the price and overpriced, still:
    4 Vinyl, 3 blu ray disks, 2 Cds, and one Harcover book 170 pages.

The only box i bought was the LIVE SHIT from Metallica , 20 years ago, was a bit expensive for me at the time, but damn, was full , full of material inside.

#19 1 year ago

Can we all imagine the price of the Godzilla topper when and if it comes out..... any guesses the way prices are going what this will sell for ?

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Can we all imagine the price of the Godzilla topper when and if it comes out..... any guesses the way prices are going what this will sell for ?

Depends. Are you talking about the Pro, Prem, or LE topper? Lol I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

I know am not the first person to talk about this topic, and is a annoying topic, but well, this sale of rush treasure box is a good example of how they are "testing" to see if they can sell the things a bit more expensive.

No, it's a test to see if they can sell a box of Rush crap for $500.

You were right about the annoying and overdone part though. And here I was worried we wouldn't get another dumb pricing thread before Christmas!

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

in before divorce jokes

Yeah….. I ordered a color LCD for GOT the other day. I’ll probably get a kick in nuts for it. That swag is not worth getting my balls busted.

#23 1 year ago

Look at the MLB contracts being given out, even for average players with time in the bigs. Money is funny today.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, it's a test to see if they can sell a box of Rush crap for $300.
    You were right about the annoying and overdone part though. And here I was worried we wouldn't get another dumb pricing thread before Christmas!

....and am worried that you will be dumb enough to read that "dumb pricing thread before Christmas"!

#25 1 year ago

There is no way that stuff is worth even close to $500. My deal is that I’ve been an avid pin buyer, but with the way companies are approaching things these days it’s just a total turn off. I’m dialing it way back on everything pin related. I only say this for context, but I can afford all this stuff at the inflated prices. It’s just that at this point I feel like I’m being taken advantage of and I don’t like it. Business is a two always street, so I’m not going to respect the pin companies if they don’t respect me. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think that’s the mindset we should all have.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

There is no way that stuff is worth even close to $500. My deal is that I’ve been an avid pin buyer, but with the way companies are approaching things these days it’s just a total turn off. I’m dialing it way back on everything pin related. I only say this for context, but I can afford all this stuff at the inflated prices. It’s just that at this point I feel like I’m being taken advantage of and I don’t like it. Business is a two always street, so I’m not going to respect the pin companies if they don’t respect me.

I have that exact feeling, and was the point of this post.
    "taking advantage" is the key word.

#27 1 year ago

People Spend $10's of thousands for VIP seats at concerts today. Some Rush fans have attended 100's of concerts. Don't underestimate what something is worth to someone else.

If these sell then they are worth it to someone. If not, they're not.

This package is more expensive than similar Rush paraphernalia but just like pinball machines, make them limited availability and someone's gonna pay it.

No ones taking advantage of anyone here.

#28 1 year ago

Stern is trying to act like other high end “lifestyle” brands such as Gucci and by doing so charging insane prices for items that cost significantly less to make. That’s why they are charging $500 for this paper treasure box and $2,000 for plastic toppers.

Meanwhile Gary is having a bonfire while watching the money roll in.

050D6D08-2824-4756-A6AE-671F5B24484C.gif050D6D08-2824-4756-A6AE-671F5B24484C.gif

#29 1 year ago

They know how many rich man child suckers there are amongst us. They probably have PowerPoint decks with those exact words in them.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

This package is more expensive than similar Rush paraphernalia but just like pinball machines, make them limited availability and someone's gonna pay it.

basically you are saying the opposite of your last sentence... what you just said is literally "taking advantage" .

#31 1 year ago

They could’ve at least thrown a NFT in there to add some real value.

#32 1 year ago

make me think of RV stuff. make up some silly product no one needs, brand it as an "RV" item, mark it up 250% and put it on a shelf at an RV dealer and someone will always buy it.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

I have that exact feeling, and was the point of this post.
    "taking advantage" is the key word.

There a sucker born every minute.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

basically you are saying the opposite of your last sentence... what you just said is literally "taking advantage" .

No. Some People will buy things because they are limited. Who is that taking advantage of?

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

Today Stern launched a new item in the website:
    https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/rush-treasure-box ... $499.99 usd....

I would buy it IF the package included the Stern Rush Expression Lighting kit.

#36 1 year ago

Fake rarity...The worst example I see of this is fools going crazy for Limited Edition sneakers.
    There's no reason for them to be limited except to screw people over. Nike could make 10,000 pairs or 100,000 as easily as 500. You have to be an idiot to fall for this.

#37 1 year ago

The Topps trading card guy is finally earning his salary. So random. Would have been cool if this came with the LE though.

#38 1 year ago

Stern can charge whatever it wants. We don't have to buy it.

Don't get me wrong - I understand and agree with the frustration. I also wonder how much of the increases are for cost of goods versus pure profit margin - but I think any form of expecting/rationalizing or demanding lower prices from a for-profit company is kind of an entitled attitude.

Buy it - don't buy it. If the market can't bear the new cost then Stern will lower their prices or go out of business.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from TOK:

Fake rarity...The worst example I see of this is fools going crazy for Limited Edition sneakers.
    There's no reason for them to be limited except to screw people over. Nike could make 10,000 pairs or 100,000 as easily as 500. You have to be an idiot to fall for this.

Actually Nike and adidas don’t charge insane prices for limited shoes-it’s the resale Market which is 100% based on supply and demand.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Buy it - don't buy

I totally agree. Stern can do what it wants, but I’m in the “not buy it” camp. I’m sure many others are as well. I really believe this will all come back to bite not only Stern but other pin companies as well. Things change. Economies change. Remember, pinball almost died. If it can happen once, it can happen again. I hope that’s not the case, but what these companies should be doing is breeding loyalty.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Don't get me wrong - I understand and agree with the frustration. .

You understand the frustration about Stern selling a box of Rush crap for $499?

Cause I don't. Resides firmly in the "who gives a shit" file.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

but what these companies should be doing is breeding loyalty.

I appreciate what you are saying but I think the companies need to make AWESOME games I want to buy and play. My loyalty only goes so far as to a game I enjoy. I really love my MMr - but I Had no interest in CCr and my loyalty to their quality product got CGC nothing. Churn out a game I want to buy and play...

How many JJP lovers bought a Toy Story? Where is the loyalty? The poor sales isn't entirely price related. People need to enjoy the theme and the game.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You understand the frustration about Stern selling a box of Rush crap for $499?
    Cause I don't. Resides firmly in the "who gives a shit" file.

More so I understand the frustration about game pricing in general. We all want a deal and wish it cost less. As for the $499 package sale here - I think its terrible and I don't have an interest in the package so I won't buy it. I'm hardly offended by it though. [for the record I own a Rush Premium and I still have no interest in this $500 offering...]

#43 1 year ago

Perhaps we should start a sweep and see how long it takes to sell out ( because it will ), then some clever person can deduce using a fancy algorithm if the trend for buying overpriced shite is a good move for Stern longterm.

I'll put my $499 aside for part of the topper

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

but they are raising prices of the pinball machines

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Making money is one thing and profit isn't a dirty word, but, when they are using a strategy which removes items that at one time would have been included in the game when new, then selling those items later as an 'accessory', you have to wonder when people will defect elsewhere.

Win win for Stern at the moment, but for how much longer ?

#46 1 year ago

Maybe they'll include this in their next run of EHOH. Found at Target last night but didn't bother to look at price. A few items in box.
    $85 on ebay.

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
    #47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

I can understand they have workers to pay ( and some wokes too )

So Stern has workers and wokes, but only some wokes, and the wokes don't do any work? But they still get paid?

It's so confusing, is there like a cliff notes little guide to keep track of what people are mad about?

#48 1 year ago

At this point I stopped buying NIB pins. I’m looking to start trading some of my games. I think this is the way to go for a while then see what happens in the next few years with the hobby! I also agree that you don’t need to buy at these high prices!

#49 1 year ago

You can buy these stern loot kits at target. Thats how much people don't give a shit about these.

#50 1 year ago

Geddy & Alex gotta eat!

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-amp-cia-and-prices-sky-is-the-limit-?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.