Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-12-30 144835 (resized).jpg
    D596F731-BDDA-40C0-B46F-99C5E56116E1 (resized).png
    957FB119-1CAD-42CD-BE8C-D32260087A1C (resized).png
    65381A88-BCCB-4589-8013-B617E4643E02 (resized).png
    55E80716-79DD-4119-AB2F-EFEF507B3767 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    man cloud.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 143200 (resized).jpg
    6B1C29AD-246D-4F0A-81D4-733D8591AD3E (resized).jpeg
    HOM01254 (resized).jpg
    s-l500 (resized).jpg
    050D6D08-2824-4756-A6AE-671F5B24484C.gif

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

The problem with this attitude is that you trade reputation for short term profit.

So the outrage is at the owners of Stern for ‘tarnishing the reputation’ of their company… that’s what this is all about?

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

So the outrage is at the owners of Stern for ‘tarnishing the reputation’ of their company… that’s what this is all about?

No. I just commented that in my opinion, selling trash for treasure just because there are suckers at the moment who are eager to buy isn’t a sustainable strategy because you may ruin your reputation and eventually lose your customers.

There’s a long list of companies that I don’t consider anymore (not pinball related) because I think buying their merchandise is likely a rip off.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

It's about people being upset Stern is selling a box of Rush crap for $500.

I swear a large percentage of the people in this hobby are becoming completely unhinged.

#104 1 year ago

Here’s how I envision this went down….

<Salesperson enters JJP facility>
    Salesperson: “Hi, I’d like to join your marketing team. I understand you have a hit game in GNR. My idea would be to sell custom GNR Pinball T-Shirts and sell them to your high end customers for $500.

JJP: “$500 for a T-shirt!!! Are you insane? Get out of here.”

<same salesperson enters Stern facility>
    Salesperson: “Hi, I’d like to join your marketing team. My idea would be to sell custom RUSH T-Shirts to your high end customers for $500.”

Stern: “$500 for a T-Shirt!!! Are you insane…?”

Salesperson: “well…how about we add an album and cap, wrap it up in a pretty box and call it a premium?”

Stern: *$$$$$* “this is genius! It’s exactly how we sell our premium games. You’re hired!”

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s how I envision this went down….
    <Salesperson enters JJP facility>
    Salesperson: “Hi, I’d like to join your marketing team. I understand you have a hit game in GNR. My idea would be to sell custom GNR Pinball T-Shirts and sell them to your high end customers for $500.
    JJP: “$500 for a T-shirt!!! Are you insane? Get out of here.”
    <same salesperson enters Stern facility>
    Salesperson: “Hi, I’d like to join your marketing team. My idea would be to sell custom RUSH T-Shirts to your high end customers for $500.”
    Stern: “$500 for a T-Shirt!!! Are you insane…?”
    Salesperson: “well…how about we add an album and cap, wrap it up in a pretty box and call it a premium?”
    Stern: *$$$$$* “this is genius! It’s exactly how we sell our premium games. You’re hired!”

I blame Supreme for teaching Stern how to make money by simply slapping their logo on stuff and then saying it's limited.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

… are becoming completely unhinged.

Ha. That BECOMING part makes me chortle… I am chortling. I am a chortler.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's about people being upset Stern is selling a box of Rush crap for $500.
    I swear a large percentage of the people in this hobby are becoming completely unhinged.

Yea you have never gone off the rails here on this site

#108 1 year ago

Am I the only one who wants to bookmark this thread so that 3-4 years from now when someone is re-selling one of these boxes for $1,000 we can see whether they were originally outraged at Stern's desire to make money?

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Vote with your wallet. I won't buy Stern NIB anything. Maybe used, but in the last few years the more I become disconnected from the newer part of the hobby, the more I keep my old machines and want to buy the older ones. I mean older Sterns and Bally/Williams. At least if I'm dropping big money on one of those I know the code is there and exactly what I'm getting.

This hobby has never, ever, been just about buying new machines. Sometimes you'd be hard pressed to remember that if you just read the Pinside threads with little fire icons on them. But you'd wonder if anyone actually even plays pinball sometimes if you just read those threads.

If nobody wants the Rush boxes for $500 Stern won't sell them out and will shrug and rethink their strategy. On the other hand if they sell out and decide to do another one it will affect my life exactly as much.

I don't see the need to 'vote', it implies I have some kind of interest in the outcome, but I don't care. That said, clicking the link led me to the Stern store to browse and I might have to get a $16 pair of pinball socks now, that's more my speed. I like novelty socks.

#110 1 year ago

I can see value in the vinyl record.
    I guess they are hand painted, hand numbered, etc.
    You can buy just the record here, and it explains it a bit.
    https://knucklebonz.com/product/rush-hemispheres-3d-vinyl/
    I personally wouldn’t buy it, but I could understand a vinyl collector or RUSH fan wanting one.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

https://knucklebonz.com/product/rush-hemispheres-3d-vinyl/
    I personally wouldn’t buy it, but I could understand a vinyl collector or RUSH fan wanting one.

Can't believe they managed to off load 300 on to Uncle Gary as they obviously aren't selling that well

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Ohhhhhh. It's not a record. It's "a vinyl" as in shorthand for "vinyl statue". You don't put in on a turntable, it's the music world equivalent of a topper. Just a sculpture to collect and display.

That makes so much more sense now.

And really, if someone announced a 3D sculpted Rush topper with that level of design and paint etc and asked $500 people would buy it up even without a t-shirt and hat thrown in.

#113 1 year ago

Knucklebonz have no clue what they have.

I mean, thing would easily sell for 10x, or 20x with color changing LEDs, if it was marketed as a topper.
    55E80716-79DD-4119-AB2F-EFEF507B3767 (resized).jpeg55E80716-79DD-4119-AB2F-EFEF507B3767 (resized).jpeg

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Ohhhhhh. It's not a record. It's "a vinyl" as in shorthand for "vinyl statue". You don't put in on a turntable, it's the music world equivalent of a topper. Just a sculpture to collect and display.
    That makes so much more sense now.
    And really, if someone announced a 3D sculpted Rush topper with that level of design and paint etc and asked $500 people would buy it up even without a t-shirt and hat thrown in.

Oh, gotcha.
    For some reason I was thinking it was a record in some kind of “3D” packaging.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

? are you serious? one cap , one t shirt and one vinyl it's standard to be 499usd?
    Sure, of course... well tried Seth Davis, you almost fooled me

Seth Davis a Disney cast off and Stern is all giddy to have him. He is ruining the golden goose that once was Stern. He has very little experience in the pinball world. We see what the Disney mentality has been doing to their stocks haven’t we? Tanking daily. Seth will do the same to Stern and was a very poor choice for Pres and even worse for CEO. Like any Disney moron, Seth has no clue as to the buying public mentality concerning pinball. Cash cows for milking, yes that’s the Disney way now. They used to be a family value company, an affordable vacation destination. Not anymore. Davis is the same woke crowd idiots tanking Disney. Somehow Seth has to go out the door sooner rather than later to get pinball back to the days when we all thought $10k was outrageous. (BTW, that was just last year.)

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Oh, gotcha.
    For some reason I was thinking it was a record in some kind of “3D” packaging.

Yeah, same, but that's because the opening post called it a disc, they were too busy foaming at the mouth to actually read I guess. And like a dork (no offense to Coindorks) I took their word for it instead of looking for myself.

Some people just like to be mad. You'll notice that suddenly some people are Very Angry™ about Disney a lot. It's the trendy thing in certain circles.

I'm trying to live my life without being pissed off constantly about things that don't actually affect me personally.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, same, but that's because the opening post called it a disc, they were too busy foaming at the mouth to actually read I guess. And like a dork (no offense to Coindorks) I took their word for it instead of looking for myself.
    Some people just like to be mad. You'll notice that suddenly some people are Very Angry™ about Disney a lot. It's the trendy thing in certain circles.
    I'm trying to live my life without being pissed off constantly about things that don't actually affect me personally.

Im pissed at Disney, but for an entirely different reason. I will never forgive them for killing Scar in the Lion King.

#118 1 year ago

You aren't a true fan unless you own a Rush "Pinball" t-shirt

#119 1 year ago

If those cards are individually autographed I think there is value there. The vinyl too. The rest of the box if simply filler IMHO. The site does not say much about the autographs, I'd be upset if it was a printed duplicate for $500. They talk a lot about COA for the vinyl but very little about the autographs.

The Elvira loot box was a $85 Target special with NECA. Looks like they might have done the same with the Turtles.

Personally I'm holding out for the 007 treasure box and a Jiggly Rocket Banana Hammock.

#120 1 year ago

Knuckle Bonz will sell you just the 3D vinyl.

65381A88-BCCB-4589-8013-B617E4643E02 (resized).png65381A88-BCCB-4589-8013-B617E4643E02 (resized).png
    #121 1 year ago

The worst part is the quality of most of the merch is junk. If they actually released some quality merch, I wouldn’t be as bothered by the prices. The quality they are putting out is carnival prize, trade show freebie level garbage.

#122 1 year ago

I might be one of the few but I think Stern store for apparel and collectible sucks. The only thing I look for is the game accessories. To my taste the same old Stern logo for shirt, hoodies is boring. Do I want to pay to have the privilege to advertise your company ? nope. I remember when The Walking dead pinball came out they had different shirts models for the release. I bought 2 different ones.

I would be more into shirt or merch from pinball titles which they paid so much to get the licenses.

Stern pinball Iron Maiden shirt would be cool. Also they should sell different translite models. I always end up buying them on ebay for more because they don't sell a product they make in their store.

To me it's not the price that much, it's the inventory that is lame.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I might be one of the few but I think Stern store for apparel and collectible sucks. The only thing I look for is the game accessories. To my taste the same old Stern logo for shirt, hoodies is boring. Do I want to pay to have the privilege to advertise your company ? nope. I remember when The Walking dead pinball came out they had different shirts models for the release. I bought 2 different ones.
    I would be more into shirt or merch from pinball titles which they paid so much to get the licenses.
    Stern pinball Iron Maiden shirt would be cool. Also they should sell different translite models. I always end up buying them on ebay for more because they don't sell a product they make in their store.
    To me it's not the price that much, it's the inventory that is lame.

They need to get some Stern Electronics merchandise… I’d buy Stars, Quicksilver, Seawitch t-shirts in multiple colors even.

#124 1 year ago

In case anyone was wondering, you can still add 900 of these highly collectible box sets to your cart. So happy Stern spent hours putting this together.

957FB119-1CAD-42CD-BE8C-D32260087A1C (resized).png957FB119-1CAD-42CD-BE8C-D32260087A1C (resized).png
    #125 1 year ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

What state are you in? I can't find it at any target or on the website.

Sorry late reply. Target , Oaks PA. Southeast PA. They only had two on shelf when I noticed.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

In case anyone was wondering, you can still add 900 of these highly collectible box sets to your cart. So happy Stern spent hours putting this together.[quoted image]

I’ll never have to wash another T shirt for years. 3,000 of these should hold me over

D596F731-BDDA-40C0-B46F-99C5E56116E1 (resized).pngD596F731-BDDA-40C0-B46F-99C5E56116E1 (resized).png
    #127 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ll never have to wash another T shirt for years. 3,000 of these should hold me over
    [quoted image]

Good idea, you got me thinking. I'm 50 y/o, so if I live until 85, that's 12775 days changing my shirt every day. I'm size L now, but who knows in the future, so should buy 12775 of each, just to be sure.

Screenshot 2022-12-30 144835 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-12-30 144835 (resized).jpg
    #128 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Good idea, you got me thinking. I'm 50 y/o, so if I live until 85, that's 12775 days changing my shirt every day. I'm size L now, but who knows in the future, so should buy 12775 of each, just to be sure.[quoted image]

You’ll probably need to step down from L to M seeing as how you’re in the hole 12M it will be Raman noodles for you 8 days a week.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-amp-cia-and-prices-sky-is-the-limit-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.