Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-12-30 144835 (resized).jpg
    D596F731-BDDA-40C0-B46F-99C5E56116E1 (resized).png
    957FB119-1CAD-42CD-BE8C-D32260087A1C (resized).png
    65381A88-BCCB-4589-8013-B617E4643E02 (resized).png
    55E80716-79DD-4119-AB2F-EFEF507B3767 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    man cloud.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 143200 (resized).jpg
    6B1C29AD-246D-4F0A-81D4-733D8591AD3E (resized).jpeg
    HOM01254 (resized).jpg
    s-l500 (resized).jpg
    050D6D08-2824-4756-A6AE-671F5B24484C.gif
    There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago

The one good thing about all of this up-selling is once you factor in the cost of this box of bollox, the likely price of the topper, the shafting on the purchase of the expression lighting and the rogering on the shooter knob and goodness knows what else the Disney Black Belt screw 'em even harder bloke will dream up.

It makes it a lot easier a decision to just go and buy another pin and enjoy it.

#52 1 year ago

All you people complaining about prices need to get off your lazy asses and get a job. Or, a second or third job if necessary. Lazy bastards. Always looking for handouts. CEO's gotta eat too you know. Work harder and prices are not an issue.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Maybe they'll include this in their next run of EHOH. Found at Target last night but didn't bother to look at price. A few items in box.
    $85 on ebay.
    [quoted image]

Thats exactly what you'll get with this Rush set - it's like B grade toy packaging at best. Not collectible in any way.

Or you can buy this for USD$399

HOM01254 (resized).jpgHOM01254 (resized).jpg

https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/the-rolling-stones/the-rolling-stones-in-mono-16-color-lp-box-set-vinyl?ucc=US&ucl=AU&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGFr5FF2clKdq3Q326XBbqqRmNoliTAoZVZFNMQkoPpK4jECD8KklOkaAmqHEALw_wcB

#54 1 year ago

I think at 13k they have found the current limit for LEs. When you see the flippers are having a hard time I think you have seen the limit. Now there will be exceptions like an Elwin LE on an awesome theme, or if a game is truly packed. But for the most part once the secondary market profit isnt really there I think well see prices plateau a bit. Also I think well stop seeing so many games sell like crazy right away which will lead to inventories at dealers. So while I dont think the prices will come down(maybe JJP CE will) I do think were going to stay at this price point a bit....

Not only is the secondary market for most games settling into more of a reality, but now dealers actually have inventory of games which hasnt been the case for a few years. Zach has games, melissa has games, Mike has games. Maybe not every title but they have a decent selection. Its the first time in a few years thats the case.

#55 1 year ago
    6B1C29AD-246D-4F0A-81D4-733D8591AD3E (resized).jpeg6B1C29AD-246D-4F0A-81D4-733D8591AD3E (resized).jpeg
    #56 1 year ago

I’m angry! Someone is selling something I don’t want… and it makes me feel victimized!

#57 1 year ago

I’m starting to think this is just another pinball pricing thread!!

And it started so promisingly !

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m starting to think this is just another pinball pricing thread!!
    And it started so promisingly !

Well it is in the title of the thread.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

All you people complaining about prices need to get off your lazy asses and get a job. Or, a second or third job if necessary. Lazy bastards. Always looking for handouts. CEO's gotta eat too you know. Work harder and prices are not an issue.

Great comment. Love it. How do you think i got so rich? Buying smart. And buying now is a joke! Lol. Buy what you like!

#60 1 year ago

Limited to 300 and not sold out yet?!

Sizes limited to large and x-large?!?!?

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You understand the frustration about Stern selling a box of Rush crap for $499?
    Cause I don't. Resides firmly in the "who gives a shit" file.

Funny!

I saw the item on Facebook and clicked it. My initial thought was “cool, but not for me”. The. I saw the price and chuckled. I’m sure there are folks who enjoy that kind of stuff.

#62 1 year ago

At least they didn't add a unique code in the swag box in order to unlock 2 and 3 ball games.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Honey, i work 7 days per week, and i can buy this 499 without any problems, i have money to buy it, believe me, i spent already some money this year in pinball machines, 499usd is nothing. The question is about the attitude, but well, seeing how you write , you are at the same level of attitude. Your level of intelligence is the same of that Rush t shirt....

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I’m angry! Someone is selling something I don’t want… and it makes me feel victimized!

Am not angry, am talking. And am not victim of anything and am not victimizing, am talking about a brand and attitude.
    Apparently you are angry about my post, dont be, relax, we are just talking.

#65 1 year ago

If you're a true collector, you buy 2-3 of these bad boys - keep a couple in the shrink wrap and open one to wear. Imagine the cred you'll get at TPF next year.

#66 1 year ago

What a joke, nothing in that package is worth $500.

Now where are my $500 expression lighting kits at??!?

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:

Apparently you are angry about my post, dont be, relax, we are just talking.

I am so so angry about your post! So angry I cannot relax! There is no talking to be done! Outrageous prices! Outrageous prices?!!

#68 1 year ago

That's what happen when you bring a disney ceo on board. They think we are stuck with kids in an amusement park and we have no choice but to buy expensive stuff in their overpriced souvenir shop. I think they fail to realize that pinball is niche market and at some point they kill the golden goose.

#69 1 year ago

I can see the sarcasm was lost on a few.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from singapore_pin:

That's what happen when you bring a disney ceo on board. They think we are stuck with kids in an amusement park and we have no choice but to buy expensive stuff in their overpriced souvenir shop. I think they fail to realize that pinball is niche market and at some point they kill the golden goose.

The thing many are failing to realize is that “a Disney CEO” has done extensive market research to understand what the market will bear. 300 Rush mystery boxes at $500 a pop? This will sell out.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I got it, but as you know it’s a tough one for some people to see on a written forum.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Sarcasm is hilarious

#73 1 year ago

F*ck there's even less in this thing than I thought.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 143200 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-12-22 143200 (resized).jpg
    #74 1 year ago

$500 is obscene.
    When are they taking deposits for Jaws LE?

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

F*ck there's even less in this thing than I thought.[quoted image]

Lol. You are not thinking how Stern lists even the most basic items on a games feature matrix. That's not just a hat, it's a "super fashion cap with breeze through technology". The t-shirt isn't just a shirt, it's a "lifestyle t-shirt with ultra vibrant printing and ultra touch cotton". You think those are just autographed cards? Oh no, they are "extreme 3D Stern-Tech carts featuring Super-Print, a new world renowned printing technology".

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"lifestyle t-shirt with ultra vibrant printing and ultra touch cotton"

Stern marketing brief - squeeze "lifestyle" into every sentence.

#77 1 year ago

Hey Stern, fuck you!!

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The thing many are failing to realize is that “a Disney CEO” has done extensive market research to understand what the market will bear. 300 Rush mystery boxes at $500 a pop? This will sell out.

Absolutely. However there is no research on that
    You are giving disney CEO too much credit.....they need to find 300 suckers, not that difficult

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Hey Stern, fuck you!!

man cloud.jpgman cloud.jpg
    #80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

He's from France, I do know that sometimes the humour can be misunderstood or interpreted incorrectly due to language barriers, all of the same opinion I suspect.

#81 1 year ago

Sterns new method for pricing anything. "Add another Zero!"

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from ian866:

He's from France, I do know that sometimes the humour can be misunderstood or interpreted incorrectly due to language barriers, all of the same opinion I suspect.

The line “Work harder and prices are not an issue.” gave it away.

Working harder is an inefficient way to amass money.

#83 1 year ago

When do we start a fund to buy one box, scan the image on the shirt, then sell the reprints for $25 shipped?

#84 1 year ago

What's next? Magic beans?

#85 1 year ago

These guys are idiots (signs check for Weird Al LE Pinball Machine with extra modules that cost more than my first 2 cars)... who would pay that much money for a collectible...

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

What a joke, nothing in that package is worth $500.
    Now where are my $500 expression lighting kits at??!?

Ummm, don't you mean your $750 expression lights?

#87 1 year ago

The main problem with this is the value, not the price.

It’s like TS4.

To put a $5 baseball cap (it looks like a crappy quality cap), a $10 T shirt, a $1 magnet/keyfob, a $? mass produced art piece and $0.5 trading cards (seriously?) into a $3.49 printed card board box is just insulting.

If they want to milk customers, they should at least offer higher quality. It’s like wanting to charge Louis Vuitton prices while offering H&M quality and presentation.

#88 1 year ago

If I owned/ran a company and knew I could (repeatedly) sell a box of ‘treasures’ that people would snatch up and make my company a net profit of say 500%, would it be ME who was the schmuck for doing so? Or…

#89 1 year ago

I understand the anger about pinball machine prices increasing because people want a new game but with the increasing prices they might not be able to afford the new game. That being said why is everyone so upset about this box of stuff? Are people upset because they want to buy it, but don't want to pay $500 for it or is the anger just directed at the fact Stern is trying to sell anything for well above the value of the item? Would you still be upset if Stern was trying to sell a baseball bat with Stern on the side of it for $1,000 even though you wouldn't buy it for $10?

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

What's next? Magic beans?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #91 1 year ago
    Must be nice to have $$ to waste... wow!! Rich & stupid that's a better combo than peanut butter & chocolate.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Must be nice to have $$ to waste... wow!! Rich & stupid that's a better combo than peanut butter & chocolate.

I would trade all my chocolate and peanut butter to be rich and stupid, any day.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

If I owned/ran a company and knew I could (repeatedly) sell a box of ‘treasures’ that people would snatch up and make my company a net profit of say 500%, would it be ME who was the schmuck for doing so? Or…

The problem with this attitude is that you trade reputation for short term profit.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

To be fair, that's an actual original prop actually used in the show "Once Upon a Time". The prop collecting hobby is somewhat similar to the pin collecting hobby in a lot of ways.

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Welcome to pinball.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

To be fair, that's an actual original prop actually used in the show "Once Upon a Time". The prop collecting hobby is somewhat similar to the pin collecting hobby in a lot of ways.

I know I got offered 600 the other day for just the C-3PO arm I built; they said they were meeting Anthony Daniels & wanted it signed. But IMO C-3PO is cooler than some beans

IMG_3782 (resized).jpgIMG_3782 (resized).jpg
    #97 1 year ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Maybe they'll include this in their next run of EHOH. Found at Target last night but didn't bother to look at price. A few items in box.
    $85 on ebay.
    [quoted image]

What state are you in? I can't find it at any target or on the website.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

What state are you in?

I saw the pricing for Toy Story 4 CE and for James Bond LE.
    I'm in a state of shock.

#99 1 year ago

Vote with your wallet. I won't buy Stern NIB anything. Maybe used, but in the last few years the more I become disconnected from the newer part of the hobby, the more I keep my old machines and want to buy the older ones. I mean older Sterns and Bally/Williams. At least if I'm dropping big money on one of those I know the code is there and exactly what I'm getting.

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

But IMO C-3PO is cooler than some beans

True, but an original piece beats a replica in most cases (in terms of desirability, rarity, and value).

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-amp-cia-and-prices-sky-is-the-limit-/page/2?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.