Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

493.jpg
    IMGA0908.JPG
    IMGA0907.JPG
    313395-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I always hated the way Stern pins slid out of the cab. The W/B setup is so much better. I was putzing with the speaker on this POTC I sold and I had the PF propped up so I could remove the woofer. The metal slide on the left side actually fell off and the pf fell on my back. It scared the shit out of me and hurt like hell and I had to extricate myself from the machine and then locate the nuts and put the slide back on. I think Stern owes me a Kiss LE for my pain and suffering

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Holy crap! Don't worry, i contacted them and they have some Wrastlmanias laying around for you

That would be worse.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Not since SYS9 has there been a more dangerous PF to work on. I Bungie up PFs whenever I work on them. I did a repair on only one Stern and was blown away by how bad the design was. I never trust those prop rods or any propping system for that matter.

I had it propped up with a rubber tipped handle that I always use but when the metal rail fell off the prop moved and the PF fell on me. I was bending over removing the speaker so it fell on my back. Since it was tilted to the side it didn't want to move. After I got myself out it was a total bitch to reinstall the metal rail. Its a total shit setup that should be changed but I'm sure it won't because stern is fucking cheap.

#35 8 years ago

You cant get to the speaker with it sitting on the service rails.

After all that I cant use the speakers on any of my games so I had to put it back

#38 8 years ago

Ok I get it. Sterns feel so rickety when you do that because they are not locked into place.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I heard if you turn off the lights in your bathroom and splash water on the mirror at midnight and say "Gary Stern" 3 times, a playfield will fall on your head.
    Seriously though, glad you're okay. People get seriously hurt from PFs falling on them.

Not lolled but smiled a little bit. Yea, if it had fallen on my head instead of my back it might have been bad. What is funny is my dog was in there with me, as usual, and he stuck his head in the coin door to see if I was alright.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-almost-killed-me?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.