• 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Ali Stern Electronics, 1980

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151214_020226.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noiseprisoner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm pretty new to this hobby and soaking up as much info as I can. I acquired a pretty worn out non-working Stern Ali from a coworker and was able to get it running great by replacing the rectifier board and rewiring the J1, J2, J3 connectors. The playfield was totally shot and I recently purchased a fantastic NOS playfield from a fellow Pinside member. I read up on everything I could find regarding playfield swaps and spent most of 2 days working carefully on moving everything to the new playfield, replacing a couple worn items in the process. Now, I'm finished but the 1st fuse on the rectifier board (10A on the far left) blows when I power the machine on. Sounds are working, solenoids are working, and GI lighting seems to be working, but the feature/insert lighting is dead, pic is attached. I've gone over the wiring very carefully under the playfield several times now and cannot seem to find the culprit. If I remove the J1 (playfield) connector from the rectifier board and power the machine on, the fuse does not blow. It has to be something I did when swapping the playfield wiring but I'm just not seeing it. If I understand correctly, does the bare braided wire carry the current and the other connection to the board trigger the ground? Like I said, I'm new to the hobby so go easy on me. It worked great before the playfield swap so I'm sure it's something simple that I did wrong...my eyes are blurry after looking at these wires for so many hours. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

20151214_020226.jpg20151214_020226.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 10.00
$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noiseprisoner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ali-feature-lamps-blowing-fuse?tu=noiseprisoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.