You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (3 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (3 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtatumjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1258 3 years ago

The topper looks better than the factory one

2 weeks later
#1475 3 years ago

I really like Canadians... I have no idea why.

2 weeks later
#1595 3 years ago

I haven't been asked for final payment yet so we must not be too close. (ASpre)

3 weeks later
#1935 3 years ago

My pro is being shipped Friday. I had purchased a premium but don't really care for mini playfields.
What's the best way to upgrade the sound, hopefully buying all the necessary stuff from one place?

#2046 3 years ago

Howdy! Just picked up my Aerosmith. Any OBX beer drinking pinsiders welcome to play. 'Will unbox Saturday.

20170315_143144 (resized).jpg

#2072 3 years ago

Nice to see a fellow pinsider got #266864. I got the somewhat older #266863. Installing tomorrow.

20170317_065554 (resized).jpg

#2091 3 years ago

I've just played my AS a few times but I really like the screen size over WOZ. You should be a fan of Aerosmith or not even consider this pin. The playfield is pretty much wide open which I like but if the upper playfield of GB is what you prefer buy something else. I'm very pleased with AS but its not for everyone.

#2124 3 years ago

I haven't seen much advantage in going over 3 ball multiball. It might be a good idea if you sink 3 balls in the toy box early but l'd take two 3 ballers over one 6 ball. If jackpots increased that would be different. A good idea actually but I haven't observed it.

#2165 3 years ago

The song you pick keeps playing unless you change it after your time runs out. If you get toys or elevator multiball
It plays Toys or Love in Elevator until you loose the balls then reverts to the original song picked. It you complete all the
Targets of a song and don't change it when select track lights it will change for you at next ball.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

does any one know the proper audio setting on AS? Sounds a bit distorted even with the volume at 29. Gotta be the audio setting, right?

29 is pretty high. You can adjust treble and bass in settings. You might have another problem though if you hear distortion at lower levels, like 18 - 25. Mine's pretty loud and clear at 18. You might have a bad speaker so try to isolate the bad one then unplug. All speakers distorting might mean the audio board. Make sure connections tight.

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

A speaker upgrade question ?....
Has anyone upgraded to a bigger sub and had problems? Also what's the go with no headphone jack?

Stern deleted the headphone jack on the Spike 2 system. You can add a sub but you'll need to wire it yourself which you can do fairly easy using the speaker connections under the playfield. But if you want a really professional job wait for Pinnovator's
Spike 2 system adapter which I imagine they are working on now (deletion of the earphone jack requires a work around).

I have the Pinnovators system on WOZ and GB. It comes with through the door volume control, external speaker cut off, earphone volume control, earphone jack in the service door. Also you get a sub connection with wiring that has RCA connections on the end. The mounting plate replaces the dummy plate where a bill validator would go. It looks great - like a factory install and is removable. Unavailable for Spike 2 as of now but I'll wait.

I'll post pic's of the Spike 1 door plate in a few.

#2217 3 years ago

Here's the Pinnovators Spike 1 door plate - these plates match precisely the factory door. (front and backside). The system also comes with another circuit board that plugs into the back box.

20170329_075235 (resized).jpg

20170329_075250 (resized).jpg

#2220 3 years ago

I made a mistake - the Pinnovators Pinpac 4 Spike 2 system is shown that fits GB. Apparently there was a change in the spike 2 systems. There's a Spike 2-1 and a Spike 2-2 apparently. It's $120

#2257 3 years ago

The ball missing the toy box is due to too high a standard setting from Stern. It can be dialed down and makes it every time.
Regardless, you get credit for the ball even if it misses.

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm still working mine out. So can you clarify the advantage to locking more balls for toys multiball and also the multipliers. Cheers

When I went from 3 ball to 4 ball multiball (Jackie pronounces "Mul - Tye - Ball") my scores went up a lot. I had said earlier in a post I'd rather have 2 x 3 multiball rather than 1 x 6 multiball but I was wrong. My guess is scores are multiplied more with more balls. Good strategy to go for at least 4 ball multiball over 3 ball unless you're on you're last ball.

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Does the elevator kickout go SDTM? If yes, what is everyone doing to adjust this?

Mine doesn't go SDTM using factory settings - usually hits the left lower playfield or flipper. I would guess you can adjust the kick out power in settings if this happens

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have purchased five NIB Sterns over the years and this is the first to have component failures. Things happen, but losing two node boards out of the box is unusual. I'm thinking Stern got a bad batch and was wondering if others were affected.

No board failures for me from either AS or GB, both new

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

Updated my Le today and first game after posted my best score yet

Great score - Just in case you didn't know you can change HS settings from 3 letters to 10 letters if you want.

1 week later
#2496 3 years ago

if you never seem to complete a mode you can increase mode times in settings. Factory is 30 seconds. 40 seconds didn't seem to help me at all but I really stink at pinball.

1 week later
#2713 3 years ago

You should adjust mode times to your liking. If too easy decrease times. If too hard increase.

#2756 3 years ago

I've also heard the shaker is not integrated into the game well.

#2766 3 years ago

I'm passing on the shaker but adding a sub

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Is there a way to adjust the lock launch into the toybox? We got a Premium in and the lock shoots high and to the left 9 times out of 10. Almost never goes IN. Coil pulse is set to soft.

Yes. I posted a while back. I lowered mine about 80points. I think it's in the AS adjustment menu

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm the other way around. I'd prefer the purple cabinet but want the pro.

Umm. I smell a solution here

#2862 3 years ago

I'm surprised the kids don't like GB with a center post - it only saves about 20% of the time or so. But I have both pins and I do like AS better. It's easier to see what to do and they will like the video screen. BSD is a keeper if you want a used machine

#2896 3 years ago

I have great difficulty hitting the right orbit. It's not the machine but I think I'm just loosing coordination at age 64.
I may have to add a huge funnel to that area. Maybe Stern should make a granny version with extra large type, hearing aids, and walkers for legs.

#2899 3 years ago

I played one more game after my last post. 'Got my best score ever! The game gods must have been listening.

#2904 3 years ago

Thanks for the explanation T7. Saves me a couple of years figuring stuff out.

#2920 3 years ago

Added the T7 mod today. 'Great if you are a slow learner like me.

20170503_103019 (resized).jpg

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

All of the inserts for these shots tell you what song it's from and the colors match too.

I know. But like I said, I'm a bit slow and having someone point out the obvious saved me a lot of time figuring it out

#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know if the Pinnovatoes subwoofer hookup for the Spike system works on Aerosmith? I don't see a Spike 2 version.

No it doesn't. Not yet

#3020 3 years ago

The button also shoots the ball in case you're lazy.
Also when choosing a song it locks in that song.

#3064 3 years ago

You can increase times of each mode in settings. They are set from factory for 30 seconds

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you set the mode times to 5 seconds, can you get to the wizard mode in 45 secs?

There's actually some truth to that.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But if you don't kill the witch king you can still progress through the game and to wizard modes.
If you don't complete a song mode like sweet emotion, you have to keep playing it over and over until you complete it and there's no memory progression. No?

Once it times out you shoot the scoop and can change to another song

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. But you still can't progress to the final wizard mode unless you complete it right? So you can theoretically keep playing it over and over if you've beaten all the other song modes? Same goes for all the modes. Only have to play them to get to medley wizard mode, but must complete them to get to the final wizard mode?

You have to complete all song modes so yes. I never have gotten near that far . Not the games fault but me.

4 months later
#3989 2 years ago

My GB and AS were made about 2 weeks of each other and both had a split left seam of the cabinets. I repaired both and you can hardly notice. Both pins are on Teflon sliders on Berber carpet. I play on a stool so there was little nudging. This splitting was the first I've ever had since 1954. It seems Stern has corrected this situation so I wouldn't worry about it now.

That said, these Stearns have been otherwise rock solid, no problems at all. GB and AS are really good games. It's hard to pick a favorite but I can say AS has an immediate like factor but GB really shines after continued use.

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you have a problem with your AS resetting during gameplay any, or getting just a black screen occasionally? How about your GB, does it ever reset? My GB did that one time I think but my AS has never done that.

I've never had any resetting problems at all. My Stearns have been rock solid except for the cabinet issue.

#4023 2 years ago

If you find the right ramp frustrating as I have try adjusting the right flipper up a bit.
You should be able to make the right ramp rather consistently using the right flipper from a dead stop cradle. If you can't do this try adjustment... it only takes a wee bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtatumjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside