You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (3 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (3 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

262 posts in this topic match your search for posts by who-dey. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1626 3 years ago

Just watched the Dead Flip stream and I gotta say that this game looks pretty Bad Azz! I am not an Aerosmith fan.....don't hate them, just don't really like them that much but the artwork is fantastic, toys and playfield layout are cool, animations are cool, the music is good, and the game just looks fun as hell. I have dogged this game from day one because of the theme and because Steven Tyler is.....Imo a pretty strange guy. I thought this pin was going to be WWE bad! It's time to eat my crow now because this game elfin rocks and is going to be a huge seller for Stern, as long as the Pro model isn't a Turd.

From what I have seen tonight, I would not rule this pin out if the Pro model is good, and from what I've seen so far this game kicks Batmans Ass big time and Batman is pretty much a dream theme for me.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Watched a bit yesterday and it actually got me interested in the game. I guess I like Aerosmith music more than I thought... caught myself taping my foot and finger a few times.

Same here, I thought this pin was going to suck really bad and I will admit that I ragged on it hard. I am eating some serious crow right now and happy about it. This pin may very well make its way into my lineup.

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pro is IMO the way to go on this title
That's good because Pro is the only way I will go on any title due to the ridiculous pricing of Premiums.
If Stern makes lame pros & awesome premiums they get $0 from me. Code, pricing & QC has slowly pushed me into other hobbies & I'm just seeing less & less value in pinball lately.
Stern will survive without me. No worries

I'm with you about the Pro models. If they start cheaping out on the Pro models then they lose me as a customer. I am buying a GB Premium but that's a one time thing for me and it's only because I like GB so much. Pros only for me from here out because that's what fits my budget. I will go without though before I settle for junk Pros.

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I thought the game looked great! The pro looks to be a winner just like Metallica!

Not a knock against Metallica by any means but I think this game is going to be the better game of the two. It looks just as fun if not better, will have better sound with the spike system, and it has the LED screen.

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Stern's use of the LCD is a fumble so far, I wonder if they have the artistic resources to really take advantage of it and avoid being hamstrung by the increased need for detail and attention.

I seen nothing wrong with the LED animations last night, in fact I thought they were pretty damn cool.

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I mean, it comes down to personal taste but so far I think the Aerosmith LCD animations look like a bad flash game.

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I watched the stream for 2 hours, With only 8 songs? and not the full songs, that was enough of hearing Aerosmith for me.
The layout also looked like the same ol, same ol bash toy with a magnet in front of it. C'mon Stern!, Time to stop re-using old toy's and mech's and make something new

Dang I'm going to have to sit down and reevaluate myself I guess. I thought the game was f*cking awesome and I have been hating on the game ever since it was announced lol. I am pretty picky and critical of things usually but I was kinda blown away honestly. All I seen was a cool game and a bunch of guys having a blast playing it. This game already has Batmans Ass kicked by a mile imo.

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I really was thinking of buying this, I still might, but I will wait now till I can play it & see how code comes along and who knows I might like Sterns next title more. The good thing is there is no rush

A good Elvira game might steer me away from Aerosmith but not Star Wars.

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I'm with you mate. The jack in the box toy is kind of cool as is the artwork but beyond that same old thing. Sort of glad really as Aerosmith just kills it for me so no temptation at all. Hopefully this will give stern more time to sort out their problems before they put something out that interests me.

What do you mean by "same old thing"? I'm not sure what else they can do outside of pop numbers, spinners, drop targets, bash toys etc? I mean that's what pinball is right?

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Disclaimer: before I say anything else I hate aerosmith the band so I am biased!
By same old thing I mean they seems to have taken a lot of elements from their other music pins and stuck them into this game. To be fair that could end up creating something quite good as I like all of their other music pins. But, I don't like it reusing sparky's voice and it is the KISS layout (which is not a bad layout but not a new one either). In the end for me I come back to the band...
I will be keen to play one and expect it will be fun but not for me. Now if I were an aerosmith fan I can see how it would be really excited so I'm sure there will be some happy people out there.

The funny thing is, I don't like Aerosmith much either. They have a few good songs but I've never bought a CD of theirs ever, and I think Steve Tyler is a goofy Phucker. I said this pin would suck from day one and that it would have as bad of sales as WWE, but when I watched to stream last night I was like.......Holy sh*t that is a sweet game! It definitely is nice to love the theme, I won't disagree with that for a minute but it's hard to overlook everything about this pin. Oh yeah something I never mentioned, the light show, did you see how awesome the light show on this game is?

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Lmao I just think it's ugly, it's fine if you like it. It's interesting watching the pinball companies struggle to find ways to incorporate the LCD. WOZ is kind of a mess, TH is overwhelmingly detailed, and BM66 needs a lot of help in finding a way to visually link the looped clips together, right now they just fly at you kind of arrhythmically without a grounding central conceit. In some ways DMD animations were really ideal, because they could have a sort of simplified cartoonishness where the lack of detail was funny in and of itself. There's a lot more work that has to go into a large, clear display to make it as snappy, especially when working with pre-existing media.

It's better than Wheel of Fortune is and that's your favorite game!

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I don't think he meant to say "same old thing", I am think he meant to say "same old song and dance"

Good one! lol

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Unfortunately Stern seems to be stuck in a design rut. No real innovation with playfield designs. Other than Trudeau keeping things different.
I think it's going to hurt them in the long run. You can only rehash the same layouts so many times.
I realize it's to save $. But the prices have not gotten any cheaper with the advent of cheaper boards and parts. Lcd monitors. Less labour, less wire. And now almost every playfield designed being repurposed somewhat.
Stern pinball has made pinball no longer an artform. Even though they have great artists and designers. Those designers aren't allowed to use their full potential. Now it's too vague in product identification, and totally lacking in effective creativity.

Stern is making some of the greatest pinball machines that have ever been made lol. They have brought a resurgence back to pinball because of all the great games they've made over the last few years.

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

WOF's unfinished code is a tragedy, it's such an odd, unique layout, like one of the cool 80s widebodies.

A tragedy? Bwaaa haaa haaa haaaaa......that's hilarious!

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Oops, I thought your avatar was Tammy Faye Bakker!

Looks more like Blanche on the Golden Girls than Tammy Faye Baker!

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The fact that this thread has had 347 people on it and that is a good number for a Pinside game thread I think it will do well.

I think Aerosmith is going to do very well once people see it because its a really good game already right out of the gate. Any Batman owner who watched the Aerosmith stream has to be feeling pretty sick right now I would think, because this game just crushes Batman already and its a lot less money.

I don't mean that to start crap or be disrespectful either, but its just the truth. Theres 5 great titles being sold by stern right now, GB, MET, GOT, TWD, and now AS. Those games make BM66 a forgotten game already.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I own a Batman LE...I don't feel sick at all looking at Aerosmith.
Lyman > Lonnie
I have absolutely no faith in Lonnie. Look how he left Star Trek, big thanks to Dwight for fixing it. Look at KISS. Game is nearing 2 years in age and the cities still do nothing.

Yeah Kiss sucks for sure I'll give you that, but this game here is going to be a hit I thnk. Code looks pretty strong already.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

This isnt about kiss or batman this thread is about areosmith oh well haters gonna hate ballers gonna pinball

Nobody hating on Aerosmith here, i was praising it.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. Please keep your b66 crusade in the b66 thread. Games are completely different. I can 100% assure you no b66 owners give a sh*t. Not sure why you are so obsessed with b66 anyway?

I'm obsessed with Batman66 because I said it is a letdown.....really? It is what it is dude, the game has been a complete disaster so far and you know it as well as I do. I love the theme and I wanted it to be great so this isn't no crusade against Batman. I'm not the one that made the game suck so don't get mad at me over it.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Could have fooled me, I thought it was a WOF thread for a minute there
On the subject of code; yes, code looks great out of the gate. But since it's not lyman, don't expect it to grow or mature anymore. What you see is what you get. If you like it - great; if you don't - then stay clear unless you buy on hopeful potentials, in that case be prepared to be disappointed.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Could have fooled me, I thought it was a WOF thread for a minute there
On the subject of code; yes, code looks great out of the gate. But since it's not lyman, don't expect it to grow or mature anymore. What you see is what you get. If you like it - great; if you don't - then stay clear unless you buy on hopeful potentials, in that case be prepared to be disappointed.

You might be correct but I'll say this, the game is off to a great start so I'm going to give credit where credit is due.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've learned to bite my tongue on criticizing any pin that Lyman is involved with. When TWD came out I was one of the haters. I didn't like how much time the ball spent in the pops. The TWD I played on route didn't register 1/2 the hits to the prison and would throw the ball down the middle almost every time. It was just brutal and the rules were terrible out of the gate. I remember a time when "Bicycle Girl" was the best way to accumulate points. I also thought that the voice work was a huge disappointment and the game lacked any connection to the show.
Fast forward to now and it's my favorite Stern pin. Yes, BM66 is a disappointment as it sits and has a lot to overcome (clunky turn table) in order to be considered a good game. But with Lyman working on it I wouldn't count it out. I have a feeling in a year or two it will be a very solid game and will be more highly regarded than Aerosmith. People really just need to give this game some time before giving up on it.

I agree with you on everything you just said and I'm not criticizing Lyman by any means because he's the best in the business. He didn't design the game so it's not his fault. It's probably gonna turn out to be ok, I'm quite confident that it's not going to be Walking Dead though. It's possibly the best theme (to me anyway) of any game Stern has ever made. They just didn't do a great job on it imo, except for the artwork. The artwork is awesome on it! I hope it turns out great because I like Batman and I have friends who spent a lot of money on it. I'm just calling it like I see it and I don't sugarcoat things, and BM66 is off to a really bad start. It's obvious that there was not much if any testing on the game and that it was rushed out the door.

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I was really hoping mine was shipping this week (that is what I was told last week). Got a call today and found out it may be another 2 or 3 weeks. Anyone know why?

Yes I know why, it's because they had to make my Ghostbusters first! That held your pin up.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Exactly; and from what I can tell from dead flips stream is that the rules and code look very good and have some mustang elements mixed in.
The lighting and choreography seemed really good. Lonnie is especially good at this.
Rules seemed to be like this (disclaimer, this is all speculative based on what I saw on the stream):
1. songs = modes. Modes are Lonnie typical, shoot specific shots depending on the song you're in. Song modes are timed and you must complete to progress to the final wizard mode. Whether you complete a mode or not, the song will continue to play (I liked this aspect, felt like acdc). Although, I'm not sure if you can continue to score points on the song objectives once it's over like you can on acdc, I don't think you can here with AS. Whether you complete a song or not, it seemed like you are rewarded with super ramps/spinner/targers, not sure what determines which reward you get. The point value of these super shots appears to be calculated with your final song mode score. There did seem to be a super jackpot lit that could be collected if you complete a song too.
2. Crank it up awards extra time on song modes and can be collected at the scoop. Not sure how to light CIU.
3. Scoop lights to change songs.
4. Spell sparky or Jacky or whatever to light shot multipliers. Shot multipliers are only valid for the current ball and reset at ball end.
5. Shoot elevator to lock a ball towards elevator mb. 3 locks start multiball. Progress through different elevator floors for progressive jackpots during multiball. I didn't quite gather all the rules associated with it but may be like burn out multiball, rules did seem cool and intriguing.
6. Each time you lock a ball in the elevator you get a chance to start double scoring by playing the upper pf. Hit the 4 upper pf targers then hit the ramp orbit to start double scoring. Not sure how this will work on the pro, if at all, and i fear it might just be a gimmie, but I really liked this aspect of the LE and think the pro will suffer from its strategies.
7. Shoot locks to load jacky. It'll auto start TIA multiball at 3 locks unless you cancel with center button. You can lock up to 6 and scoring seemed to be based on # of balls in play sImilar to mustang. Not sure how to light the locks, but it may have been from hitting jacky. During TIA, you can lock a ball in jacky for double scoring (like snake in metallica). This seems to be able to stack with regular double scoring to give 4X scoring. Add shot multipliers and you should get some big scores.
8. VIP awards out lane kickback. Not sure how to qualify VIP. I think it was by spelling aerosmith from the targets on left and right side of pf.
9. Play all songs to qualify mini wizard mode
10. Complete all songs to qualify final wizard mode.
11. Mystery collected at scoop. Not sure how to light mystery but awards seemed to be typical Lonnie awards.
That seemed to be the jist of it. Feel free to correct or add anything missed.

I forgot to mention the light show Eskaybee. The lighting is well done on AS you got to admit. This Pin is going to be a winner wait and see!

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I ALMOST forgot just now unbearable Jody is... Terrible song selection. LCD looks fine. Sparky Jr isn't as annoying as I figured it would be, but I don't really see too much humor in this, even compared to Met. Game looks like it could be fun though. Not a game I would consider owning, but will definitely play it a lot on location.

If it looks fun to you and you would play it "a lot" on location then why wouldn't you consider owning it?

#1763 3 years ago

In Jody's defense, he hasn't been too bad the last couple of streams. Only time he bothered me was in the GB stream, I think he forgot to take his Riddelin that day or something. He's probably an ok guy.

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Watch his shirt, hint hint hint.
Starwars..........

Yep I'd say you are right unfortunately

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Theme can kill a game no mater what the price DI is not for me

True I guess. Just like Star Wars, even if its fun as heck I hate the theme and wouldn't want it in my house probably.

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't really have a prob w/Jody. There are worse pinball personalities here on Pinside (myself included ha)
But... During the next live stream we should ask Jody why they aren't replacing defective PF's
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-playfield-restoration-begins

That would probably definitely shut him up and keep him from talking lol. What a great idea!

#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I personally met Jody on a tour. He is an upstanding guy. Very fun to be around.

I don't doubt that. He drove me nuts on the GB stream because he wouldn't shut up and I couldn't enjoy the stream because of it, then he kinda went off on someone using a KPG screen name which was very unprofessional

I'll give him a pass though, we've all been douche bags at one time or another in our lives. As long as you learn from it that's all that matters. Those who don't stay douche bags their entire life.

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God that was bad. All the posting on that stream was totally out of control though...it was actually the best part.
The KPG thing was pretty damn funny...and all the kenada talk. Shit...that was actually a good time now that I think of it.

Lol that's funny. Just wasn't funny at the time because I was trying to pay attention to a game that I was interested in. My GB Premium arrives tomorrow actually. ....feels like Christmas in February!!!

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You bought a NIB Stern during 2016/2017?

I actually bought 2 last year and they are both fine with no issues and then I wanted a GB but wouldn't get one because of all the problems at first. I've decided now it is a little safer and I'm getting one tomorrow. I think it will be fine, we will see. I'm not going to get all cocky about it and then jinx myself, but I feel confident that it will be ok. A friend of mine has one with an October playfield and it's perfect shape. I also haven't heard of near as many problems lately as there was when GB first came out. May not be the smartest thing to do but I want a GB so bad you wouldn't believe it so I'm getting one.

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

GBLE is a keeper. Wife pleaser. A ton of fun!!! Turn off screaming women mode with kids/family...

Yes I'm turning off the screaming crap for sure. I'm getting the Premium model, can't wait. It's such a great game.

2 weeks later
#1822 3 years ago

Aerosmith is going to be good, its easy to see that already.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This game is looking suh-weet! 7 days to delivery.

I agree, this game is going to be a hit! It just looks too good right out of the gate not to be.

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

We received in (3) Aerosmith Pro's on Friday. 2 were pre-sold and 1 for the showroom floor. We set up the one and myself and Sean Stewart from Las Vegas got many plays in on it over the past 48 hours. The game is a hoot! Rules/code are great out of the box. I personally was a bit apprehensive about this title before seeing/playing it first hand, however now I'm very impressed.
The game is on my radar now for my personal collection. Looks like I might need to sell a game or two to make room for it in the casa.
FYI if anyone is interested in Aerosmith Pro, Premium LE or any other Stern NIB title give me a shout.

The artwork on that machine is just freakin amazing! I may end up with one of these I have a feeling!

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

So glad the early reviews are good. Nothing worse than your dream theme being built and the game suck. soon as I heard Aerosmith , I thought ,please God let the game play be decent so I can add this beautiful pin with kick ass art to my collection . I'm an old rocker of the 80's, and love the color purple... It's a must have ! I don't have unlimited funds, so wife needs to like it too , that will make me feel better about buying it, and thankfully she is an Aerosmith fan too.
Also, thanks for the reviews guys, I love reading about this pin, keep em coming , wish one was near me , but Atlanta doesn't have crap for arcades.
JP

Sounds like this is your game bro! It's definitely good and it's definitely beautiful!

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Must say the pro looks excellent with the rgb inserts, toys , lcd, spinner, scoops, lockbar button and the rules look like a mix of star trek, acdc. Met and mustang. Looks like a great pin already

For sure, I went from thinking this game would be horrible to maybe considering owning one.

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Tempted by this game but hearing about Lonnie roadblocks sends cold shivers down my spine.....
If the code on this game could match MET, AC/DC /TWD , it would sell a ton. But Lyman not coding so it is a big wait and see.

Sounds like the code is pretty good right now. As far as matching TWD, MET, and AC/DC, you are asking for a lot there and it's probably not going to match those games. It doesn't have to match those three games to be good though, it just needs to have a good solid code.

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This makes no sense. You make positive remarks and then give it a 6.0 out of 10???

That was my thoughts exactly lol

#1992 3 years ago

That game is just beautiful....PERIOD!!

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

My game plays and looks good out the box. Stern added a new start button and filled the hole for the tournament option on US models.
The LCD screen is really something to look at and Stern did an amazing job with the animations on this one. There should be more hype for this game because it's pretty fantastic.

You need to stop because I have an open spot in my lineup and you're making me want one!

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Man I am on the fence for my next NIB. I am still waiting to play AS but in the mean time I am really digging the looks and gameplay video of Alien(also want to get some gameplay). Then there is the likelihood of Stern announcing a superhero theme soon. Guardians of the Galaxy? Justice League? Plus I still want a NIB GOT Pro. Lots of possibilities. I really feel fortunate that pinball is in the main stream again and we have many choices to choose from. These are good times!

Definitely a lot of good choices right now. GOT Pro is sweet, TWD, MET, AS GB. That's 5 awesome games that you can buy right now. I'm very tempted on AS but I kinda want to wait and see what the next pin is also. You cant go wrong with GOT Pro though. A GB Premium is the best in their lineup right now imo.

#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I got to play Aerosmith over the weekend. The Pro is actually a cool game. It's a very open layout, but has nice shots and flow. I cannot stand the voice on the Jester or Jacky whatever he is called. The fling the ball trick is fun, but will be a nightmare with a weak coil or if out of adjustment. Let's see how much wear & tear the playfield takes right there too. Not a theme for me, but it would not keep me from playing it on location again.

I've thought about playfield wear also in that area maybe being a problem.

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

The animations are so bad, so cheap..words escape me, rule wise I'm sure it has some shots but I found no joy in playing it off the bat, the art would have been rad if Donny didn't have to draw Aerosmith.. arf. To imagine we could have had a Beastie Boys machine and they give us this, not exactly sure what demographic Stern is designing their games for but my guess is it's one that takes their Viagra with a shot of Rogaine.

Worst and dumbest review of Aerosmith ever! As far as the Beastie boys go, I'm not saying they are a bad band but how many people out there do you think would buy a Beastie Boys pinball machine? Not nearly enough, thats how many. I dont like Aerosmith all that much either but I would still consider buying this game, because its a pretty damn good game. If I was an Aerosmith fan any at all, this game would already be in my collection.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from daywalker993:

My Aerosmith Pro arrived on last week on friday added with some Moddings:
Convolux ( yellow )
Stern Sideart Blades
Transparent Rubbers
Superband Posts
Very nice machine. Very good code at this time. Lot of fun
Best regards from the oldest town in germany ( Trier )
Christoph

Love the Stay Puft for your GB topper! Where can I find one at?

#2106 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I finally played Aerosmith the other night, so my meaningless review: It was fun. The ball popping into the toy box is kind of near, and the game has more going on than I thought it would. The delay allowed it to have better than average release code. So overall a fun time. And I like the new screen.
But... oh there is an issue for me. It is a pretty bare game. And over the past couple years the Stern cost cutting reached a point where things are so light in the game that they feel really cheap now. I had this issue with my GOT too. It seems like even the legs are so thin that the games feel a bit wobbly now. Part of that is probably also that they have less contact with the cabinet because of the standoffs to protect the decals. Now I know the weight of a machine is meaningless, but when that all starts to impact how the game feels, it is an issue to me. Each step along the way (slightly thinner metal, no rails, metal where it was wood...) makes games feel more like "The Pin" instead of a commercial pinball machine. Cost cutting can only go so far, and I think they may have gone a bit too far.
So fun game, but it is in line with the newer Stern methodology of lighter is better.

I think the games are lighter mainly due to technology. We now have less boards in the back box, less wiring, the big transformer or whatever you call it in the bottom of the cabinet has also been eliminated. There are other things like the lockdown bar being lighter and other things also that I'm sure that I'm forgetting but all of that stuff adds up for sure. This is stuff that I personally like and in my opinion it doesn't equal cheap. I've never felt like any of my new Sterns felt cheap at all. I think they are beautiful and pretty F'ing awesome actually. If the weight of the machine bothers anyone, I'd say put some weight in the bottom of the cabinet for real.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One would think that a lot of those "improvements" would have lead to lower costs for customers or at least prices staying the same. Sadly prices are still going up and each new game seems to have less features and less code support then many past titles.
The price increases could be justified if games were being loaded up, quality remained the same (if not improved) and code updates were released on a regular basis. That makes sense and is a reasonable expectation when dropping $5k to now $15k for a toy. None of that is occurring though...

That's all true Panzer but my post was directed back to him for saying the games are feeling cheap and I don't really want to get into Sterns prices. I will say though that Sterns prices are never going to go down no matter what unfortunately, no company ever does that. You also have to realize that Sterns cost of making these machines also are constantly going up. They have to give employees wage increases, insurance cost for employees are skyrocketing, their suppliers are probably raising prices on them, all sorts of stuff. I'm not defending Sterns prices either by the way. I wish they were cheaper also believe me. With that being said though, their prices are much better than their competitors except for one particular company that in my opinion makes very crappy games that are nowhere near as nice as Sterns games.

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And I stayed away from pricing as well. There are plenty of threads for that here.
And I also agree with black_knight that flooring, and doing stuff like not tightening leg bolts, or not locking down the lock nut on a leg leveler will lead to all kinds of strange feeling games. But once that is all accounted for, a new Stern feels wobblier than an old Stern to me (and by old, I mean a few years). I've got them right next to each other on concrete with an industrial carpet in my gameroom for a close comparison. Is it the 40 pounds they removed? Is it the standoffs for the legs (even though my IMVE has standoffs and always felt solid).

Definitely the 40 pounds of missing weight I'd say.

1 week later
#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Wow this pin is beautiful.

No doubt about it. Its really hard for me not to buy this pin and im not even an Aerosmith fan.

#2255 3 years ago

Never been an Aerosmith fan, thought their music was decent but ive never even bought one of their CD's.......thought this pin was a horrible theme and was going to suck......even called Steven Tyler a few bad things too

Anyway, this pin is surprisingly good and its sparked my interest a little.......ok ALOT maybe. Im also a big big 80's and classic rock fan but just always thought Aerosmith was kinda meh. So anyways sitting around having a few tonight and thought I'd check out some live Aerosmith footage on youtube and I gotta say that ive been pretty wrong all along about Steven Tyler as a singer. The dude was actually pretty bad ass and has a great set of pipes on him. I even watched some live footage from 2015-2016 and he was like 67-68 i believe and the guy is still pretty damn good.....nothing like the old days but he doesn't embarrass himself by any means on stage still today.

With how good this pin is, the killer artwork and killer light show, and the music, and the fact that the Pro model really kicks ass and is a great value.....and my new respect for Aerosmith and Steven Tyler, I dont see how I cannot add this gem to my collection! Ive definitely got some serious thinking to do folks because this is one pretty bas ass pin!

Im also going to give some credit to Stern since they get alot of sh*t from alot of people. You guys knocked it out of the mother effin park on this one guys.......job well done and thank you Gary Stern for what you have done for pinball! Yeah im buzzed but thats not the beer talking, thats real words!

Oh yeah, and chuckwurt I already know that im gonna wake up to a text today with you giving me sh*t and calling me crazy. Thats ok flame away Azzhole because I can take anything you throw at me!

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It kicks serious ass and is pure fun I have an entire review up on another thread too

I see that you're still loving you're new Aerosmith....that's great. Now that you've played it a lot, do you think its going to be a keeper for life?

#2272 3 years ago

Hey Musketd I see you have AC/DC and MET also, how do you rate AS compared to them? I think I remember you saying that you liked it better than AC/DC but how about AS compared to MET? I'm not talking about the music obviously, but the gameplay itself.....shots, code, fun factor etc.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have owned bot and Aerosmith rules are way better then kiss it's not even close

Something I was wondering and thinking about, were people raving about how good Kiss was when it first came out like people are about Aerosmith? It seems like most people are complaining about Kiss now, just wonder if Aerosmith could turn into the same thing? I hear the playfield layout is similar? I don't know anything about Kiss really. I've only played it a few times and it didn't appeal to me much (first impressions) but I'm not saying it's a bad game because I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm sure if I spent more time on it I'd probably like it.

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am very hard on code for stern and I'm usually on their case; not with this game it is awesome right out of the gate. Really their best game in a long long time; probably since Metallica.
Toy Box multiball is awesome get 6 balls going and then start hitting your shots and then ohh wait let's re lock 2 balls back in the toy box for triple scoring then get your multipliers lit for 2 x shot and go for the super jackpot to really get your score rocking. Hopefully you just cranked up a mode like walk this way too before you got that toybox rocking ohh wait your not done because you can also get a super mode lit too in the process; that's how bad azz the rules are in Aerosmith; it really is LONNIES MASTERPIECE
Love in elevator mball is well just very slick and bad azz also and pretty hard to get too.
This game is SICK at the price point too it is way better then all the other overpriced stuff out there.

I'm watching some gameplay from the Canadian arcade on YouTube and the game is just awesome looking and seems to be a blast. I haven't personally played one as nobody near me has one, but I've watched a lot of video and read a lot of reviews and I think I want this game in my collection.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Keeper for life. Lol... This is Derek we're talking about. Great guy but I'd put the over/under at 3 months or whenever Star Wars comes out and becomes the next new best pin ever!

I don't know man, he said it was bolted to the floor! Lol

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ordered a pro today and getting it next week.

Congrats dude! Ole Musketd talked you right into that didn't he? Hell I think he's about talked me into one also, he's Sterns best Aerosmith salesman right now!

#2314 3 years ago

Thanks! I just want to play it over and over. In Borg I trust.

Well I played yours on Thursday night and.....you know.
OH and also no need to have my friend stop by your house to play before he buys. He also ordered a Pro also. Boom!

Hell yeah, Borg is the man! I haven't got to play one yet but I already know this pin is a winner from all the video I've watched and from all of the positive reviews.

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Once you play one, you will probably want one. It's a surprisingly fun game. Having a chance to bake it a little longer helped the game. And I reallly like the lock shot, and the popping of the ball. Sure, they stole the ark from IJ4, but it was always a cool gimmick that was worth doing again in a better game.

Do you have AS Dave or have you played one on location somewhere?

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

A friend does. And nobody was more shocked than me when I actually liked it. From seeing it online I was pretty cold to the game, but they did some things right in it. The toy box gimmick is just funny to watch happen, and I really like the lock shot for it. It's really one of the games that does enough things right, that it is fun to play.
And really, I had expected to play one game on it just to get it out of the way. But I kept going back to it. A game that can make me think about playing it again as I'm walking away is a cool thing. I'm looking forward to putting a bunch more games on it.

Is his a Premium or a pro model?

#2348 3 years ago

I kinda like the games being lighter. It makes getting them in and out of my basement much easier and they still seem like they play good to me. I could always add weight too if I wanted to.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Seems like all the usual new game hype .
Has anyone seen immediate hype for a Stern game like this in the past 10 years?

Good reason for hype on this game though because its good, its gorgeous, and ships with a decent code even!

#2372 3 years ago

I would agree with you accept I am not hearing the "I love Aerosmith and they remind me of my youth so I want to love this game and have to buy this pin!" to go along with it. I really don't know anyone who loves AS so much they are buying the game not matter what. Folks are playing it and liking it and giving it a buy. The way a pinball should be. I also am not sure we are going to see the usual "I just bought AS and I am not sure if I like it myself, but if anyone criticizes it I will cut them!", like we see on other games. I am just not getting that vibe. Maybe to early to tell.
The game is fun and folks are buying it even though they don't love the band. I know a group of folks who don't like Metallica the band but bought the pin anyway because it is solid and like the band better because of it and I think AS will be like that. Will it be as good as MET? Uh not sure of that, but I bet AS will fall along the lines of other good Borg games. I would say around IM level or so.
We will see.

Everyone is talking positive about it from what I can see. This game is a winner period! It may not be the best game ever but it's solid enough to make almost anyone's lineup I would think and be a keeper.

#2384 3 years ago

Borg makes fun Pros. He makes well done Premiums and LE's also.

I'm glad somebody cares about us Po folks!

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I received my Pro from Cointaker this week...very pleased out of the box.
No issues and fun game ...shots feel solid. Honestly I was a little apprehensive after test playing the LE and Pro a few weeks ago.
The game felt wide open and the LE felt like the PF was an after thought. Anyway after a dozen games or so I find it has the one more game feel. I like the carry over of opting out of the multiball from Mustang - basically betting on yourself that you can lock more balls.
and the elevator shot on the Pro is a solid shot that reminds me of STTNGs mode start shot. The back hand shot to the rt orbit is nice too.
Just seems well thought out and the lcd is fun to watch for those not playing.
Seems to be a location winner in the Pro form IMO (pro only because of price for ops).
If someone sees a Pro on location or an Prem on location they will not care IMO.
Not a ground breaking game just a solid effort IMO. Metallica > Aerosmith but to each his own.

Do you think its a keeper for the home environment? Also do you think its as good as MET?

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD is a game changer for Stern.
They have done a great job with the display.

And putting color changing LED's on the pro model also is a game changer IMO.

#2439 3 years ago

Tomorrow is the day I pick my Pro up! Cant wait!

I expect a full report! Im 99% sure that im going to add a AS Pro to my collection also.

#2450 3 years ago

Picked up my Pro today and after a first group of plays it reminds me of a lighter, more fun Borg game. I have IM and like Borg games, but I generally battle them when I play. I get oissed at them sometimes for sure. AS is not an easy game, but I don't feel like I am in a fist fight like TWD or IM, so that is what I mean by more fun. AS doesn't piss me off. The humor could have something to do with it also. The animations are edgy but funny enough where the humor does not go to far, as in to much humor. The Jester is evil, but not really and not annoying at all. I like how he interacts with you throughout the game. Seems like Sparky that talks more. I like him.
The shots feel good on the ramps and he ball lock is great. Everyone loves the lock! Like you feel like you get rewarded seeing the ball do a trick when you lock instead of the pin just saying - "Ball 2 locked". The game plays fast. Like really fast. Learning strategies now so can't go into scoring and strategy.
The art is quite amazing and AS could have the best art of any pin ever made. Like MeT and GB are really good, some older games like Fathom are sick, but AS is better. IMHO. Once you really look at the game up close all the little details come out. Like on the translite there is a Shogun Warriors Godzilla I had as a kid with his fire tounge stuck out. Cool! The LCD is absolutely great. The animations get better as you get deeper in the game. I will not miss buying $400 color DMDs. This LCD is a lot better than a color dmd also. The music is good Pin playing music. I am 45 and had the red GH album like everyone did growing up and like Permanent Vaction and Pump and all the Alicia Silverstone videos. This pin brings me back a little. Oh and wifes seem to really like Steven Tyler and Aerosmith. The dude was on American Idol?!
Really the game just plays fun. I know I keep going back to this, but that what this pin is to me. I am liking fun pins more and more over hard or challenging and deep rules lately. And this game works for that.
Just my two cents. Give it a shot. I went into The Texas Pinfest with a ho hum attitude about AS and wanted to play the other newer games, but AS won me over. So far so good.
Oh also no issues out of the box, but I will keep an eye out. Sorry no drama. Thank goodness!

Glad you like you're new machine, congrats! Keep us updated on how you're liking it please.

#2458 3 years ago

Had a pinhead friend come over and get to play AS for the first time tonight. He said AS is the most fun he has had with a pin in a long time and he is lining up getting one.
Play this game folks. It is ok to like it.

Getting a Pro tomorrow! I thought it was gonna be about a month but some unexpected stuff happened and it's tomorrow....can't wait!

#2461 3 years ago

Dude! It is the most fun I have had on a pin from the beginning ever. Acdc, IM, LOTR all I was not sure how good they were for a little while. AS is just plain fun. Funny as heck. Look at all the details - best art ever.
I will tell you what - I will give GB one more very good shot since I just don't like it as of now. I hope it will turn for me because I want to like it. AS was easy and quick. Maybe good things will come in time with GB.

I don't think it's going to be able to beat my GB Premium but if it's even anywhere close I will love it. I really love my GB though lol.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Just got mine today. Set it up on location at our league spot. Cabinet and playfield look great. Beauty of a clear coat! And I love the Dirty Donny side blades.

Looks fantastic! How do you like it so far?

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Only put 3-4 games on it so far, but happy to share first impressions. It's fun. Not a dud. The new display is a revelation. Animations get an "A". Sound quality is noticeably better. Top notch art package, better than Metallica. Plays fast, especially the scoop kick out and the ramps. Great ramps. Right ramp is tight, just like Kiss and TFTC, which I like, and you can backhand it. The lock shot is a little tight as well, but is gifted to you on occasion from the pops. No cheap drains except occasional magnet toss SDTM. Magnets are random by nature, so I see no problem there. Somewhat forgiving with a right outlane ball save. Ball lock, toy box and multiball start are excellent. Default Replay and Extra Ball settings are too easy I think. I'll be adjusting them upward. Looks and plays like Met and Kiss had a baby, but plays better than Kiss and no wood chopping like Metallica. Don't know yet if it has depth and legs like Metallica. Easier and more approachable than GB and TWD, but not as long-playing as SM. I'd say "just right" in that department. All-in-all very positive first impression. It will overtake SMVE as my new best earner, I'm sure. The only thing I can't tell yet is if I'll get bored of it after 50-100 plays, or if I'll keep wanting more. For now I am definitely wanting more. The first paid customer, a league player, was still going after 10 games straight, which is a good sign.
P.s. The clown's face paint is UV reactive and looks spooky and bad ass under black light! Some of the inserts are UV reactive as well.
Hope that info is helpful.

Great review .......thank you!

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Ordering a Premium today! This wasn't on my radar, but got a chance to play the Pro and really enjoyed it. Was surprised, as when this was first announced I was a definite 'no order'. My collection is mostly music pins so I should've been a Day 1 guy, but held off due to issues with playfields, etc. Hoping the cabinet issue doesn't bite me on my order.

Same here, I thought this pin would be worse than WWE! What a pleasant surprise.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Why would you think it would be worse than WWE ? Not even close with any part of the design. Layout , artwork , shots...etc

Because I had no idea what the design and layout and artwork was going to be like when they first announced the game and I thought it was a weak theme.

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Crazy thought.... think anyone would trade an AS LE for an AC/DC premium?

AS being new may be hard to find someone looking to trade right now but maybe later on you could find someone possibly?

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I did the same, sold my ACDC Premium & bought the AS pro ... oh, & put the extra $1200. I got for the AC/DC back into AS mods, including custom armour, Joe Perry mini guitars, shooter rod, shaker & upgraded Flipper Fidelity speakers. This ones a keeper. Best decision I ever made!

Really? I thought AC/DC was suppose to be like Sterns best ever? Are you saying that you like AS better than AC/DC Premium? I'm getting my AS today...can't wait.

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I have both and can safely say AC/DC is still king in that realm. AS is fun but would need a WHOLE lot more code wise to be better than AC/DC. Layout of both are good but AC/DC is classic fan layout and works to perfection.

Ive always heard great things about AC/DC Premium but never had the chance to play one. I did get to play one game on a Pro once and it was sweet.

#2491 3 years ago

Got my game set up and got to spend some time on it. The game is gorgeous, definitely one of Sterns best looking pins ever. The lcd is awesome as is the sound and light show too. Dont know exactly what im doing yet but its fun trying to complete the modes but im not having much luck at it because you dont get much time to make all the shots and it seems like it doesn't save your progress and makes you start all over? Im not on the new code yet, it shipped with the original code so I have to update that. Does anyone know what the new update added?

Maybe its just me but does anyone else think the clear coat on this pin is superior to recent playfields? It sure looks that way to me. So far im having fun and it is addictive and has some very nice feeling shots. I dont think this pin is going to be as good as my TWD, GB Premium, or probably even my GOT, but its fun as hell and I believe its going to be a keeper for sure! It gives my lineup something a little different seems like and that's a good thing. Everything worked great right out of the box and the game is beautiful, props to Stern on making yet another great game!

#2495 3 years ago

I purposely don't dig into rules and strategies on day one. I like to have the basics and then slowly learn rules and strategies over time. Just me.
I do know that Crank it Up will give you more time on the modes if you hit the scoop while it is lit.

Yes I noticed that too about crank it up. Kinda looks like you can do it one time per mode maybe. Trying to complete the modes is challenging and fun, Im just not having much success yet at doing it. The game is really nice though for sure.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

if you never seem to complete a mode you can increase mode times in settings. Factory is 30 seconds. 40 seconds didn't seem to help me at all but I really stink at pinball.

Lol I guess I stink too because I'm not completing many either.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I continued my tradition of crappy home made toppers here

That topper is far from crappy, it looks awesome!

#2551 3 years ago

For those of you who own Aerosmith, what strategy are you using? I'm really having trouble completing the modes in the short amount of time that they give you to complete them in. This is a sweet game though and is a keeper I believe.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I have been trying to do the exact same thing. I think what I am missing is how to extend the time in the modes, they time out quickly on me. Maybe it is something different in each one that extends time or maybe the same? I know that when hitting the scoop you can get the mystery award of more time sometimes. Need to do more digging on this, but love the game for sure.

Yeah it's a blast for sure and it's a beautiful machine also. I've yet to reach the first wizard mode though and it's pissing me off!

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I played two balls on an Aerosmith LE and flipped though all the songs and then shut it off. Enough was enough. I'm sure somebody might like it, but not me.

Yeah because you can really get a good feel about how good a game is and learn all the rules after two balls. Come on o-din that's ridiculous lol.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't care about the rules. To me rules can't overpower an ugly ass looking machine playing music I don't care to hear. The shots weren't that great either.

Ugly machine ....seriously lol? Sounds like you just hate Aerosmiths music. If you would just say that we'd all understand o-din, but this pin is stunning to look at and it's a blast to play and the shots actually are pretty great. Now if it was themed Justin Bieber I'd hate it too. You should just say that you hate Aerosmith the band and your posts would make perfect sense.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like you guys are trying to convince me to change my opinion so it matches yours. Is that what I'm picking up on here?

Nope not all. We just think you shouldn't say "I played two balls and this machine sucks ass" Lol

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

No just been collecting for a long time 17 years now and very few games have magic like Aerosmith shocked that you missed everything on it and hate it

He didn't miss anything, he hasn't even played it yet lol......well he's played 2 balls!

#2592 3 years ago

O-din I know you just came in here to poke the bear dude lol. I've seen enough of your post to know that you cannot be serious. Usually you make perfectly good sense and you're not making much sense about AS. I can't even take the things you are saying seriously because it just doesn't make sense. The only way you would make sense is if you said Aerosmith sucks and I hate this pin.

#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I've been holding it in for two days now and finally decided to express my honest opinion. If you are so convinced I actually liked it the wouldn't I have brought it home with me?
I mean I have been known to bring home machines new and old that I express my enthusiasm with. This one just leaves me cold. Honestly.

You just don't like the theme at all and it's obvious which is ok and I understand. As far as the gameplay and the shots, you don't know because you've only played two balls. As far as you saying it's an ugly pin, I don't even know what to say other than put the crack pipe down because I don't see how anybody could say Aerosmith is an ugly game artwork wise.

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Got a serious question, have other people with Aerosmith noticed dimpling on playfield?

All playfields dimple and its normal. The more you play it the better it will look. Play it and have fun and dont worry about it. There are numerous threads on dimpling on here if you want to read about it. Its no big deal for real.

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Alright just wondering if maybe i got a soft playfield.

Yes you did get a soft playfield in a way. Its softer than the steel ball that is jumping around all over it and the steel ball is putting dents in the wood.

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Funny shit! First new Stern for me so i did'nt know this was normal. My Stern Elvis has no dimples.

I didnt know either until I read what other people were saying about it (especially Vid) and it makes sense what they are saying about it. It doesn't bother me because you cant even see them unless you bend down and get in perfect lighting and really look for them. Im extremely picky also so if it doesn't bother me it shouldn't bother anyone probably lol.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No matter what people say, dimpling does seem more pronounced in the last few years. Probably softer/cheaper ply.

Even if thats true they will still smooth out and it doesnt affect gameplay in the least.

#2659 3 years ago

I don't know how good AS is selling but if it's not really good people are nuts because this is one fun ass game that just makes me want to keep coming back for more. For anyone who's on the fence about buying AS just go buy it. It's fun as hell and it will be the best looking game in your collection!

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now I'm convinced.

O-din do you ever sleep? Go to bed!!

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from Woidhauser:

Is there a nice video out there to see how the upper playfield plays on the premium/LE?
I looked for it but I didn't find any......
But so far I love what I have seen!

I believe there is a video by Dead Flip at the Stern factory on YouTube.

#2666 3 years ago

Warning......if you watch this you will be calling your distributor tomorrow and your bank account is going to go to sh*t!

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Thanks. I contacted Stern.
I was told to contact my distributor so they can setup an advance replacement for my CPU board. Hopefully that will do it.
But until then….I'll play the crap out of it because the game is awesome fun. I really like how it looks and how it plays. I'm not hearing the noise while I am playing so I am just having fun anyways.

You got some nice pins Rom!

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

To each his own.
We have played the game for two weeks now with the post out and have not noticed any easier Toybox multiballs.
In fact now the ball can go back into the left orbit now instead of always popping back into the toy box area all the time.

Just don't brag about any high scores if you have altered the factory settings!

#2690 3 years ago

By the way folks we have a new member of the Aerosmith club! He gets his machine Tuesday...it's an LE. I'm not going to say who it is because I don't want to spoil the surprise for him so I'll let him announce it himself. He's a cool guy though and will be good to have in the club!

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We (My family), like the fine folks at Papa, make our games as hard as we can.
We routinely remove things like the center post on our Spiderman, the left outlane post on TZ and raise all our outlane post to the upper most position. We also turn off all extra balls.
If someone gets a high score on our games they deserve to brag all day long.
Not that we ever would though. Except to have fun with our friends.
I stand by my comment that Aerosmith is a much better playing game without that post.

I've heard that it's pretty cool if you remove that post but I'm weird about changing factory settings. I shouldn't be that way but I want to play it the way it was designed to be played.

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes sir Who Dey, couldn't let you guys have all the fun! Thx for reviews
LE arriving Tuesday
Watched a lot of the Danger stream, and listened to you guys
I still love my man Odiner and respect his opinion
Never planned on buying this one because of Lonnie but it looks like great start so far

You made a great choice believe me! Just play more than 2 balls before you make a decision on whether you like it or not.
The first few games I played on mine I was kinda thinking.....meh it's ok, good but nothing great or anything. After probably 25-30 games and learning a few things about it I was addicted and still am. Its a fun game.

#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Brought home an LE on Thursday. Was sitting on the fence between the Pro or the LE, given the lack of many positive comments on the upper playfield. Had a lot of time on my buddies pro, so was hesitant spending that much on the added features of the LE. But, because I'm a gotta have it now guy, I bit the bullet, called my local distributor. They had LE's in stock, end of story.
No regrets, loving this pin!!

Im not a fan of upper playfields usually but I hear that its pretty sweet on AS.

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Brought home an LE on Thursday. Was sitting on the fence between the Pro or the LE, given the lack of many positive comments on the upper playfield. Had a lot of time on my buddies pro, so was hesitant spending that much on the added features of the LE. But, because I'm a gotta have it now guy, I bit the bullet, called my local distributor. They had LE's in stock, end of story.
No regrets, loving this pin!!

This is the sleeper pin of 2017 for sure. I don't think many people expected this game to be so good. I think a lot of people are probably waiting to see what Star Wars is going to be like and that is why we aren't seeing many people buying AS yet. If SW doesn't turn out to be anything spectacular I think we are going to see a mad rush on AS.

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

The current code is fucked, and a great example of the cost cutting Stern is still engaging in.
When I buy a NIB Aerosmith, I full well don't expect to see bullshit like this:

The code is not fucked, it's actually very good. You would bitch like a little girl even if you opened the cabinet up and it had a million dollars stuffed in it. Some people just can't be made happy and you are one of them. I thought you said that you wasn't buying anymore Stern machines anyway? Go buy JJP or Spooky games since you hate Stern so much!

#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

ok so im a AS member as of last Friday I got a AS pro I want a add a shaker motor anyone have the part number and is they any tricks to installing it ? its a fun game thanks

Congrats on your new game, you made a great choice. Wish I could help you on the shaker but I didn't put one in my machine yet. Not sure if the shaker is a must have in AS or not? I haven't heard anyone really talk about it.

#2752 3 years ago

My buddy put a shaker in his Pro and told me not to spend the money on one. All I heard so far.

I have a shaker on all my games but I haven't put one on AS yet. Honestly the game is a blast and I don't feel like I'm missing anything anyway so I may not add one. I think I may have to splurge for that Aerosmith topper though, that's pretty bad azz!

#2777 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

And the ball is the same on every stern pin.
I too am getting tired of the this copy's that talk. But oh well that's pinside.

Agreed, and who cares if one game copies another as long as it's good?? They can copy pins like TWD all they want to as far as I'm concerned.

#2792 3 years ago

Where the hell is Iceman at?? He's supposed to get his machine tonight. Come on Iceman we need a first impressions review Bro!

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sitting over at R & L, arriving between 10-4 mañana
Fiesta time celebration tomorrow night!

Damn dude........Effin bummer there big time!!

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

What has happened to Stern AS production? I ordered one from our distributor 4 weeks ago and still may not get it for another 2 weeks...
...patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...

The secret is out now that....this game kicks Ass and Lonnie is the man and everybody wants a AS!

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wife received shipment 1 hr ago
Heading home in a bit for the launch!

Gonna be some serious beer drinking tonight at your place I'm guessing!

#2805 3 years ago

We are all waiting for a review Iceman and we expect one sometime tonight!

I hope your cabinet didn't fall apart already!

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Intermission review is F YEAH!!!!
Cab is great. Pin is awesome.
Drinking beer and taking a taco break
I'm bricking the crap out of the right ramp but starting to get what's going on
Wow F ing factor
The LCD, lighting and sound is amazing
Welcome to the new world of pinball and I love it!!!!

And here's the thing Iceman, one week from today after you get more familiar with the rules and shots of the game, you are going to be loving this game ten times more than you are right now. This game really grows on you big time the more you play it. I've owned mine for about a week and a half and I can already declare this pin a keeper for life!! It's that F'ing good!

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Code is already pretty damn good.
Btw, the back glass, real thing, is gorgeous.

If they never updated the code I doubt that I would complain. I don't see anything that needs improving yet. If there is anything though that needs improving, I'd like to see it fixed of course.

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

What is the AS pin songlist?

Toys in the attic
Love in an elevator
Rats in the cellar
Dude looks like a lady
Back in the saddle
Sweet emotion
Walk this way
Same old song & dance
Last child

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The timer for double points not being paused while it plays the unskippable 10 second or more extra ball animation NEEDS to be fixed. Really ticked me off. Was having a great game, great multiball, double scoring, hit the scoop, and the Extra Ball animation stole the rest of my clock and could not be skipped.

I wasn't aware of that. That should be changed for sure then. I'm sure we are going to see an update or two but I'd also say that the code is pretty much complete too. That's a good thing. I would like to see the spotlight turned to light up Jester when it's getting ready to start into multi ball and the toy box is shaking. It's a cool feature that needs to be seen and it's really dark when that is going on.

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

ALL the animations should be skippable with both flipper buttons pressed. That's pretty standard. I was surprised they aren't already.

I'm not talking about the animations, I'm talking about the actual box on the playfield. All the lights go out when you are going into multiball. They could turn the light on in front of the toy box so you could see it shaking. The animations don't really bother me personally and I don't feel like they are long or drawn out. I could watch the opening of love in an elevator multi ball a million times and never get tired of it. I love it!

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But if they're not pausing timers, I'll take skipping an animation over losing bonus multipliers any day. Right now, there is no option, you just can't skip anything and lose time when they happen.

I agree, the timers should absolutely pause.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Personally, in that situation I would mod the Ghostbusters to be less punishing so your family enjoys it. You're going to be bored with AS before too long.

Why do you think AS would get boring? It's an awesome game that I guarantee will never leave my collection.

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

There will be a honeymoon period as with any new pin, but it's basically "shoot this arrow, because" with variations on that per song, but they're all similar. The mini-playfield is the most worthless one I can think of in modern Stern history. Super dumb to bounce the ball 2 inches to get the targets up there lit.
That said, I think it will do pretty well on route, because it's very pick up and play, but at home I can see it getting old pretty fast. It's essentially a slightly worse-shooting KISS.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. Aerosmith is the real deal I think and every single person that has played it likes it better than any game I have. Now I won't go as far as saying it my best pin but it's a keeper for sure. It doesn't have a deep rule set but that's kind of refreshing IMO. Every game doesn't have to be as deep as TWD or GOT to be fun. My Aerosmith isn't going anywhere, it's a keeper for life IMO.

#2880 3 years ago

This game is not Kiss. I've played Kiss and it's nowhere near as fun as Aerosmith is.

#2893 3 years ago

I wish they would make real backglasses for all of their games and just tack on the price difference to the game. I'd gladly pay the extra for a real backglass.

#2895 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It really does look good!
As for the upper playfield... I was also wrong. The game makes more sense with it there. So it seems the game is a winner in all versions.

You're right, this game is a winner regardless of which model that you buy. This game is one of the few games with an upper playfield that I think is pretty cool. Its also nice that the pro model is no dog and packed with features. This game is a huge huge winner for Stern. I went from saying that this game would suck because its such a terrible theme to buying it and it being one of my favorite games of all time. When a pinball company can do that, thats saying something, I don't care what anyone says.

#2910 3 years ago

Ok Iceman, you have had a few days to put some games on your new AS and to learn some of the rules etc so what are your thoughts on the game right now?

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

May be ordering an AS Pro and some art blades to go with it in the next few days.
Does anyone think we will see more code updates for the game from Lonnie? I got tired of both ACDC and Metallica as I prefer objective based rulsets and each or those had modes that required the same shots to be hit over and over again.
From the gameplay videos I've watched AS appears to have an objective based ruleset that requires the player to work the playfield more compared to ACDC and Metallica. Metallica does have some objective based modes, the crank it up modes, but unlocking them is a bit of a grind (bash same targets 10+ times).
GB is the other game I'm considering ordering but the rather linear ruleset and lack of an LCD is swaying me towards Aerosmith. AS Pro compared to GB pro and hell compared to all pros seems like a better value due to its metal ramps, metal habit rails, the cool toybox physical ball lock toy and the LCD (no reason to buy a $400 Color DMD).

You're ordering another new machine again??

#2930 3 years ago

Ok so last night I completed 5 modes and was expecting to get the first wizard mode but I didn't. What am I missing here? Do you have to complete 5 modes and then maybe shoot the left scoop to activate it or do you Have to complete 6 modes?

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Excellent reply, always with the negative waves!
You knew from the "Stern cabinet" thread that I've been wanting to order a new Ghostbusters but have been hesitant due to the 30+ reports of newer build games with cabinets splitting. Since Stern won't publicly admit the problem I have to go off of the reports made by owners. Well, the reports of new games with seams splitting have slowed so maybe the problem on the latest run of games is resolved.

They must be solved because there's only one Aerosmith cabinet that I know of with issues so it should be safe for you to buy one. Now that you have your answer lets see if you buy a new Aerosmith or not. I betting that you wont.

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

you have to start every mode and the two multiball modes then hit the scoop to start the first wizard mode (medley multiball). I believe you have to start and finish all modes to get to the next wizard mode (i've yet to do that ).

Good God man!! I'll probably never see that damn mini wizard mode then!

#2938 3 years ago

So what's your guys high scores so far? So far I'm at 288 million on my Pro model. I know, not good probably but I'm getting better all the time.

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It will be pretty much way it is now for ever. You may see some bug fixes and minor stuff, but what you see is what you get.
As long as you purchase with this in mind, you won't get disappointed.

If you are buying this, and expecting it to morph into TSPP or WOZ, you're just setting yourself up for tears.
It is what it is.
You've said 1,000 times you love WOZ and Hobbit and other Keith Johnson rulesets .. this game is not one of those games.
Seriously, go seek an Aerosmith out and play it for a while before you pay $5200 bucks for one.
Same advice I'd give anyone before purchasing any game. Go play it for a while, see if you like it.
rd

Even if it remains what it is though with the exception of bug fixes that's not a bad thing necessarily because Aerosmith is a blast to play and a definite keeper IMO.

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I like it.
But as I said, it is the opposite of what Panzer likes.
rd

He should definitely go play one and try it out then before he buys. Looks like he's never owned TWD, that might be a great addition to his collection? Maybe a GOT Pro also?

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How about a Firepower?
How about a Paragon?
Great pins don't have to be new ones.
rd

I know, but I think he wants a new one.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A few more songs could have gone a long way to making this game even better. Rag Doll and Train Kept Rollin would have been good upbeat songs for general modes and then Dream On for a super wizard mode.
It would be nice to see more songs added to the game but I doubt it will happen. It did for Metallica but the band itself seemed very into the game and even provided custom callouts. Maybe Stern got a break on licensing for the extra Metallica songs since the band was so involved. The same cannot be said for ACDC, KISS and Aerosmith.

Did you order your AS yet?

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A big reason why I decided to buy an AS over some other Stern titles is that the code is fairly complete. AS feels like one of Sterns most code complete games out of the box. With that being said I hope a few more things are added.
For what it's worth Stern told me via Facebook when I inquired about future AS code updates that they imagine more code updates for the game are coming.

Did you get a pro or a premium?

1 week later
#3183 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Gotta fix the AC/DC vs Aerosmith comparison...
Theme: Aerosmith - (subjective - should probably just call it a tie)
Playfield Art: Aerosmith
Cabinet Art: Aerosmith
Translite: Aerosmith
Layout/Flow: Aerosmith - seriously AC/DC only loops in one direction
Music: Aerosmith - AS songs are much more varied in style (and chords LOL) = each song feels different on AS
Rules/Code: AC/DC, but AS is pretty close with selectable multiball, CIUs, Super Modes and an extra wizard mode
Fun: Aerosmith
Toys: Tie
Display: Aerosmith
Lighting: Aerosmith
AC/DC is great - but it does not win against Aerosmith - it will take a while for people to figure this out, but eventually they will

Sounds like a slam dunk to me!

#3222 3 years ago

I think it's hilarious that nobody thinks Lonnie can code a good game. Well guess what, he just did with AS! The guy is like Rodney Dangerfield, he can't get no respect! He may not be Sterns best but he's proven with AS that he can do a good job and say what you want, but right now he's the big man on campus!!

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Im curious what makes you think AS code is go "great"? Its not bad for lonnie thats for sure but Oustide the Toy box MB rules nothing is original at all. In fact if it weren't for the toy box rules the game would actually be quite boring.

I diasagree totally sorry. I don't know what makes it so great, I guess it's great because it's just fun as hell to play for many reasons. It's just a good game. It's not the best game ever made or anything like that, but it's mega fun.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from racecar85:

Sparechange1974 helped me setup my new AS pro yesterday (big thank you again). Finally got some time on the game this evening and I'm loving it! Even better my wife and parents think it's awesome too. Not a huge Aerosmith fan, but now I can't stop humming the tunes, catchy stuff. Really enjoying the new screen and animations, shots are tight and rewarding, game is harder than I originally thought which is a good thing. The cabinet and playfield artwork look amazing. Time to go play a few more games before bed!

AS really is a great game and I'm proud to have it in my collection. I haven't played it in a couple of weeks probably and I played a couple tonight and my shots were really off bad. It's definitely not a game that you can take a break from and come back and hit all the shots with no problem. You WILL be rusty and suck after a break from it I guarantee it lol.

#3249 3 years ago

I know this has been talked about but I cant locate it, but can someone please explain to me how the toy box multi ball works when you are in a 2,3, or 4 player game? Say player #1 locks 4 or 5 balls, how are the other players supposed to get multi ball? Please try to explain it in Dummies terms so I can maybe understand it.

#3267 3 years ago

Ok I finally understand how the multiplayer multiballs work. Thanks to all of you guys that explained it, great job!!

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Played Aerosmith for the first time at PAGG. It is totally awesome. I liked the flow, the DMD is gone and the LCD is a big improvement. I kind of preferred the Pro model (but the tilt on the Premium or LE was way too tight so didn't play it as much). I love the toy box locking of balls and when all 3 pop out of the box it is so damn cool. I am impressed and hope Stern keeps it up even though Aerosmith wasn't my dream theme I think the future is looking up! Great game!

If you think seeing 3 balls come out of the toy box is cool, you should see all 6 balls come pouring out of there. It's like an avalanche of pinballs coming at you!!

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

What, there's more!?!? Awesome. I like TWD, but Aerosmith might be better, even without the LCD factored in.

Yes you can abort multiball by hitting the button on the lockdown bar and once you get all 6 they will all come pouring out of the box

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Add Avatar, Transformers, Mustang, Batman Dark Knight, Big Buck Hunter to the list of bad pins. Stern has some great pins, but they have their share of stinkers.

Come on Vireland....really? Stern is making some very good games, and while a few of them may not be great I doubt that any of them would be considered stinkers. I mean BBH isn't for me really, but I played it and it is not a bad game. Also, Mustang is a great game I think.

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

I just got my Aerosmith premium and I'm loving it. The only complaint is that I am getting CRAZY side drains constantly. Anyone else having this problem?

That left out lane is a MF for sure!

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude Looks Like a Lady is one of my favorite modes. Animations crack me up every time.

The animations in that song are cool. For some reason the love in a elevator multiball animation never gets old to me. I get a kick out of it every time I see Steven Tyler inside the elevator when the doors open. Have you got to the first mini wizard mode yet? I'm still trying to get that.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm thinking those Dudes are Stern staff.

That's possible lol. They should have put Gary in a dress!

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is there an option to reduce the ball trough eject power?
I see you can reduce the scoops, and toy box etc, but didn't see one for the ball trough.
Thx.

Im not sure on AS. Ive never looked for it because mine ejects pretty softly already. There is one on Ghostbusters though and its a good thing because it ejects way too hard with the factory settings.

#3317 3 years ago

Just talked with somebody today who is looking for his first NIB. He has it down to AS or MET. Met is just great and proven and AS is the fresh title with the LCD and the toy box. I dont want to start a back and forth bash fest, but I think it is a toss up between the two with no losers. Now that I have AS I would like MET right next to it in my house, so yeah!
I said he can come to my house to play my AS one more time and can see if one of my MET buddies can let him try at their house, so he can decide. It is like a date with two awesome girls with big.......personalities to decide on one. How awesome is that!

I would say go with the one that he likes the music the most. They are both great games and he'd probably be thrilled with either one. I have played MET a few times but for some reason I just am not seeing its greatness. Personally. Its probably a combination of me not knowing the rules and not being a fan of the band. I'm sure its a good game though because too many people love it for it not to be.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just ordered my AS Pro today from awesome distributor Cointaker just 80 miles from me, and it will be delivered on Sunday. Really looking forward to it, after playing the game (an LE) at PAPA and reading this thread. And the manual says that the Pro weighs just 210 pounds--finally a machine that weighs less than I do!
Still have $200 in my AS budget, so I'm looking for suggestions for or against mods and protectors. Any input welcome.

You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE your new AS Pro!!!

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Great suggestions and detail--thanks. I didn't know about the air ball protector.

Ive never heard of air ball protectors either and didnt realize there was a need for one? My game doesn't have any bad air balls that im aware of?

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Now appearing in my living room. Thanks to Cointaker for a great price and to Cointaker's Derrick and Erica for free delivery and setup. My wife and I have been rockin' this game all day. We absolutely love it.

Congrats on your new pin, you made a great choice! Aerosmith is a sleeper and a keeper!

#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that the premiums have been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the pro vs premium debate?
Struggling with deciding!

My pro is awesome and I'm not a fan of upper playfields so I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. No regrets here at all.

#3353 3 years ago

Have any of you guys ever turned your AS on and the game didn't boot up? I've had this happen two times now. All I have to do is turn the machine off and back on and it boots up and is ready to play but I'm just curious why this might be happening? None of my other games do this. When this has happened, the game was in the process of booting up but it just gets stuck or something while in the process and won't boot up all the way.

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Happened to me once on B'66 and once on AS. Assuming it's a timing issue that will be addressed with a firmware update.

Thanks, hopefully thats all it is. I know iceman had a node board burn up on start up I think. Hopefully its nothing like that going bad.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Happened on Ghostbusters today for the first time, too. I'm 99.99% sure it's just a timing issue specific to the new Spike/Spike2 hardware. Likely correctable in firmware.

I hope so. My GB or my GOT has never done this though. Probably not a big deal but concerning a little.

#3376 3 years ago

Dang where is the love for AS Pro?? At one time everybody was saying the Pro was the way to go and now nobody seems to be saying that, WTF? You guys are making it sound like the Pro is a Dog and it's giving me a complex bad!

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not a dog at all, really good value game in my opinion. I just like the added features of the premium model and wouldn't personally want to not have them. Other then Met I'm not sure $5200 will get you a better NIB pinball machine.
I think the upper playfield on the premium initially was looked at as pretty silly and not needed. I thought that when I saw it. After playing it more it's a vital part of the game and really gives the elevator shot and elevator multiball a lot of life. It also adds a more code and strategy making the game not quite as straight forward in approach for scoring.

Id like to play a premium someday and see the difference for myself. I really love my Pro and I am extremely happy with it so far. It is bolted to the floor and not going anywhere.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am thinking about adding AS to my lineup. I played the game at Allentown and it was what I thought the best new game. I just cant decide on Premium or Pro.

They are both obviously outstanding games. If money is a factor I can tell you to definitely do not be afraid of the Pro model because its a great great game. I just got done playing my Pro and im absolutely in love with it and enjoy it tremendously. If money isnt a factor id probably go for the Premium I guess. The Pro is outstanding though and not lacking anything IMO.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That may be an opinion, but it's not a fact. The Pro has reduced scoring potential due to the missing upper playfield that triggers the double scoring that I'm pretty sure isn't implemented another way on the Pro. So it IS missing that.

Big F'ing deal, so the Premium gets double scoring so what? I'm not going to argue Pro vs Premium. I was simply trying to help the guy in his decision to buy an AS and letting him know that the Pro is a killer game as well as the Premium model is also. I honestly don't see the point of your post unless it's to just try and start another argument with someone which seems to be what you do best on here. If you are going to butt in on a post, at least say something intelligent.

#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

After 5 months, how is everyone liking the game?

I love mine. Aerosmith is a keeper for sure.

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

What about the Smart button , i feel it does not do much it's already there so Stern needs to make it worth it, right ?
I keep watching video that you guys make , Thanks. I like what i see but not sold on the codes yet, anyone writing
some rule sheet ?

I have not even seen a smart missile yet so I have no idea what they even are. I can't tell you this though, the game is great fun and the code is pretty damn solid.

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What's the difference between 2x and double?

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just had a good game were I got just below 600 mil and made it to medley. That is a really cool wizard mode. My only complaint right now is that they need to make the progress on sweet emotion saved. It's way too hard compared to the other songs. I had a huge walk this way score were I got 2x going and made 5 straight alternating ramp shots shot 4 was 20+ mil and shot five was almost 40 mil. Had everything completed except elevator mb and sweet emotion. By far the furthest I've made it in the game.
Great game that just needs a few minor polishes. I would also like to see song high scores recorded. Man does it have a tough lay out. The orbits and right ramp are some tough shots.

Aerosmith is great fun for sure. The shots are hard but once you get the feel of them you can make them pretty easily seems like and they are smooth as butter.......if your aim is on that is. The game is addictive and makes you want to keep playing. I almost had the first wizard mode last night, I was one song away.

#3463 3 years ago

Shouldn't need a cliffy for the elevator should you since the ball shoots out over top of the metal piece instead of the playfield? I didn't know there was a cliffy protector for the lock shot either.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For the lock shot, I would put Mylar in the sunken area and around the ledge.

The ledge definitely worries me big time, but so far mine is holding up perfectly. I think that I will mylar that area though soon.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Doesn't love in an elevator have an unprotected scoop?

The elevator scoop actually does have a cliffy type protector from the factory.

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was wondering that, because the PreLe doesn't have one. Since it's concelead under the upper PF, I think Stern thought no one would notice or care.
Mine started wearing on the sides after a few weeks. I've since put a couple of modified cliffy protectors on. Other PreLe owners should check theirs.

What about the lock shot on your game, is it holding up ok? So far mine is fine but I've only got about 300 plays on mine so far. Looks like that could be a potential wear area.