You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#421 7 years ago

Aerosmith is on the line, but it won't come out until after the Shoji Tabuchi pin.

#445 7 years ago

If all a theme needs to qualify is to have a Disneyland ride based off it first, how long until we get a Song of the South pin?

#463 7 years ago

Theme is definitely an issue, but visibility and transparency of rules are, as well. If TZ crapped out on location due to complexity then I can't imagine how most non-pinheads feel approaching something as dense as TWD or Hobbit, even if both games do offer simpler, more basic bash toys for beginner players, and that's if they ever come across one, which is unlikely. Pinheads crab about games like TAF as being too repetitive, but when you're a home owner it's easy to forget that TAF is magical in an arcade where your access is limited. A non-player steps up to TAF and it's instantly inviting and instantly rewarding, and progress happens immediately. It might be good for Stern to produce a more user-friendly game with a more modern theme.

#476 7 years ago

The "racetrack" in Nascar is super cute, though, the first time I played it I actually took my hands off the flippers for a couple seconds because I was so surprised.

1 month later
#589 7 years ago

A Tom Waits "Black Rider" pin would be extremely awesome for all five of us fans.

3 months later
#1652 7 years ago

Stern's use of the LCD is a fumble so far, I wonder if they have the artistic resources to really take advantage of it and avoid being hamstrung by the increased need for detail and attention.

#1658 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I seen nothing wrong with the LED animations last night, in fact I thought they were pretty damn cool.

I mean, it comes down to personal taste but so far I think the Aerosmith LCD animations look like a bad flash game.

#1660 7 years ago

It really highlights the amount of work it takes to make a good, engaging display.

#1676 7 years ago

Lmao I just think it's ugly, it's fine if you like it. It's interesting watching the pinball companies struggle to find ways to incorporate the LCD. WOZ is kind of a mess, TH is overwhelmingly detailed, and BM66 needs a lot of help in finding a way to visually link the looped clips together, right now they just fly at you kind of arrhythmically without a grounding central conceit. In some ways DMD animations were really ideal, because they could have a sort of simplified cartoonishness where the lack of detail was funny in and of itself. There's a lot more work that has to go into a large, clear display to make it as snappy, especially when working with pre-existing media.

#1684 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's better than Wheel of Fortune is and that's your favorite game!

Haha I do love WOF, it's shamefully true.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1693 7 years ago

WOF's unfinished code is a tragedy, it's such an odd, unique layout, like one of the cool 80s widebodies.

#1696 7 years ago

I like the lower half a lot, it forces me to think differently about how I play and the Free Spin outlanes bring in an element of on-your-toes nudging - it's a great throwback game for anyone who likes pre-DMD layouts.

#1699 7 years ago

I do love this from the Deadflip stream. In the words of a wise gopher, "too many balls!"

too many balls (resized).pngtoo many balls (resized).png

#1708 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Everyone complains about how the code is unfinished on WOF and the how the wizard mode was left out. I think it is funny because honestly, who has ever gotten even remotely close to getting to the wizard mode on WOF? It is not a tragedy when the game is so difficult you cant reach the wizard mode anyway. Code is good for me and I love my WOF.

Haha, true, it's a tough game, it just kind of sucks on a philosophical level that it's not complete.

#1714 7 years ago

The theme does nothing for me (I'd be glad if I never heard "Dude Looks Like A Lady" ever again in my life) but it looks like it shoots nicely, even if it is a little unremarkable, and the art is terrific.

#1717 7 years ago

Ah, someone hasn't seen Tommy in a while:

Quoted from cooked71:

Game looks phenomenal. Dirty Donny has once again turned a meh theme into something with character. Aerosmith as a band have almost no defining imagery or "look", but DD has created it here. Like he did with Metallica. If there was AC/DC art direction on Aerosmith, no one would look twice at this game and it would be the new Pinside whipping boy.
Without DD art, this game is just bad music and a bash toy.

Yeah, the art really pops, I love how detailed it is.

#1721 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Oops, I thought your avatar was Tammy Faye Bakker!

"Don't give up!...on the plastic surgery! Just keep at it! That's it, now you look like a bloated horse!"

#1756 7 years ago

It does feel a little bit like a mix-and-match of their other music pins.

Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I have been waiting for someone to say they thought it was Lucille Ball. All of the guesses are funny!!

Ball, Parton, and Blanche (drag or not) are all awesome ladies so I'm glad my icon is being viewed in a good light.

2 months later
#2721 7 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

I hear great things about this pin, and then not so great things....going back and forth on buying one or not...it is an emotional rollercoaster!

Pros:
-Fun multiball
-Shoots nicely
-Good music, if you like Aerosmith

Cons:
-Bland modes
-Bad music, if you don't like Aerosmith
-Incoherent theme

The LCD is kind of a draw, though tbh I think the animations are really ugly. I'm not sure what's expected from later code updates, but I hope they beef up the modes and connect the dots on the overall narrative. Right now it feels like playing an 80s SS while listening to the Aerosmith Best Of album.

#2732 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There must be some creative freedom in licensing with music pins to create a unique narrative like a band taking over the world or something fun and playful.

Yeah, exactly! These band pins need another conceptual level, it's why I've never been able to get into AC/DC, because it feels like the gameplay is entirely about maximizing points. If I want to play a pin that's entirely about point acquisition, I'll play an EM - somehow, having gobs of toys and ramps and animation just to serve an abstract number feels wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.