You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (3 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (3 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me or are all these games looking the same?

images (resized).png

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bingo.
I learned my lesson with GOT Premium. Should have gone pro from day 1 because of the stupid upper/mini PF. If I ever get Aerosmith, it will be the pro.

Agreed. I'm not going to rush out and buy this, but I could EASILY trade my KISS premium for the AS pro.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not very keen on the cabinet art. But the playfield art works superbly, I think.
Thing is, as I'm sure must have been pointed out already, this seems like a very minor variation on the Metallica and KISS layouts, in yet another music theme ... how many more customers are there for this?
Depending on code and how it shoots, I'd probably take one over KISS or Metallica, if forced to choose between the 3. But who with a Metallica or KISS, or with serious play time on them, is going to buy one? Not many I'd have thought.

I'm swapping my KISS for one.

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That seems like a huge rise in the floor.

Nope. $200

#969 3 years ago

Every new everything I've ever bought is kinda a rehash of the older thing it's replacing. Damn these fridges with their samey double door layout!

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Unusual as not yet seen a post of anyone who is saying they have bought an LE!

Pro is going to be the runaway here. Fck it, I'm calling it now.

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I normally would buy a Premium or LE,

I'm a premium as default buyer too. Met and ST are outstanding pros that I own. I am pro here for sure.

#1035 3 years ago

KISS gone, Aerosmith pro coming! This is such an easy trade. If it's KISS 2.0 I'm no worse off, and I hate Aerosmith music less than I hate KISS music, haha.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, like GOT, the pro is the way to go on this one.

I really hope that the direction of the pro target audience is drifting slightly from what we have always felt was operators, to players. So rather than operators/home use bifurcation we move into players/collectors. This would be very positive for less gimping of pros, and a welcome relief amongst all the price rises for the players who want to stay involved and not have to pay up for extras.
I for one would be very happy to become a default pro buyer rather than a default premium buyer.

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm assuming you mean the 3rd video, and the GI on the inlane. Because those are standard plastic inlane guides with round holes, I don't think you could fit wedge bulbs in there if you wanted to, but they are definitely flickering. Looks like whoever built that sample didn't make sure the bulbs were pressed in good.

Yep, even on wedge bulb games, the inlanes are still bayonets.
Metallica inlane..

IMG20170109231916 (resized).jpg

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Unless your able to change the text in the animations

You can do this. Here is my KISS reloaded with Muse songs. Text too.

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation in pinball almost is completely overrated and unnecessary. You must be a big Pin2K fan.

I swear people say they want innovation just because they think it's something one should say. I could not give two hoots about "innovation", just give me cool.
AS looks like it might just be cool.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

I think his point was that with the LCD, we don't (as of yet, I don't think) have any easy way to change titles they way you could on a DMD.

Haha, of course. Don't know what I was thinking Don't drink and post

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

So what is the solution for Starchild?

Jacky in the box. I believe you install it by putting an Aerosmith EXACTLY where your KISS used to be, and it lines up exactly.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The future and success of pinball is reliant on innovation and embracing new technology.

Can I just get a few links to the literature on this?

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball didn't need stupid shit like color changing LEDs

I agree with you in general, Levi, but this just crosses a big line. I think you meant "stupid shit OR color changing LEDs".

1 week later
#1355 3 years ago

Looking better, and better. Ability to abort multiball? Yes!

#1379 3 years ago

The whole similarity with KISS is why I'm getting it, funded by selling my KISS. It's a second bite at the solid layout with maybe a superior execution.
The thing that irks me the most on KISS is the Starchild area. Whenever Mommy Magnet drops the ball off at StarKindy Day Care I just think, "wasted mech". Then watch it flop around a bit (yes, I nudge it to get superior target hitting results), then wait for the inevitable dribble out of the saucer. What a freaking let down. Now, I can shoot balls THROUGH THE AIR at an open box!? AND, I can delay my multiball gratification until I get it totally loaded up with balls?! Done, and done!
So if everything else is the same, I'm way ahead.

#1457 3 years ago

I'm excited about Aerowhoever because it's got a freaking through-the-air shot INTO A FREAKING TOY BOX!!

Bring it!

1 week later
#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Same reason all the other metal on the playfield is harder than the pinball. Cheaper to replace the balls than other metal stuff.
You may ask yourself, Why don't they use the soft metal used on and around the magnet for everything else that is metal on the playfield? I think one answer could be so " It lasts long and keeps its original non-dinged up look". The BM66 mag looks real Baaaaad. Check it out. Aerosmith looks as its the same.
The dings on the mag will match the dimples on the upper PF if that ramp is too steep....don't cha think? Its the new Pinball Patina.... Served up Stern style....

It's because of the way magnets work. It's a necessary grade of steel. They don't make them soft for fun. Soft iron loses its magnetism quickly after the power is cut. The harder the iron, the more residual magnetism. Absolutely useless for a pinball magnet.

1 week later
#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I ALMOST forgot just now unbearable Jody is

IMG_20170215_232315 (resized).jpg

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I played a quick game tonight at my local league where the game has just been sighted. It looks great. Sounds great. I enjoyed playing and look forward to digging deeper in the next week to see what it's all about.

Yeah, I'm going to camp down at the Diggers on it all next week if I can, haha. What time do they open?

1 week later
#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Doesn't seem to be much hype for this game,

Sleeper for sure. Will be interesting to watch the story unfold. I think it's going to be a massive hit. Pro will be as popular as the premium in homes. A bit like the Metallica story.

1 week later
#1873 3 years ago

This game is looking suh-weet! 7 days to delivery.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Nothing but good reviews on this title last time magic like this happened was Metallica

Yep. Feelin' it.

1 week later
#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

added an adjustment to save progress during Elevator Multiball, default is ON.

Yes.

#2145 3 years ago

It's Aerosmith day!!
Just woke up and it's like Christmas morning 1976. Don't know why I'm more excited than usual, but I have a feeling this is a good one.
Going to pick up in a few hours.

1 month later
#2688 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

There is a skillshot (soft plunge into the back of the toybox lane). Are you wanting more options like GB?

Plus the controlled plunge to hold in the orbit long enough to get the orbit shots to register after the plunge delay.
And then if it comes back down the right orbit, the skill nudge to get the ball to clear the lock back door.
In fact, every auto launch should be intercepted and controlled plunged to try and pick up the orbit shots.

3 weeks later
#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Regarding Supers, once you finish a song and its' Super is qualified, it doesn't last for the rest of the game, but does seem to carry over to new balls. Anyone know what's going on? Are they timed?

You get a specific number of hits.

#3101 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but I think the super mode stacking beyond each song mode is its saving grace.

And thus the fact that you can crank it to score 80million per shot is it's saving grace, or its ticket to greatness, depending on how you see it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside