You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (3 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (3 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1812 3 years ago

Doesn't seem to be much hype for this game, which is a shame as it seems to play really well. I thought the Dead Flip video of the game looked amazing. I'm definitely interested in seeing some more footage and hearing some more opinions.

I see some posts that the Aerosmith promo machine has ghosting on the inserts, I hope this isn't GB all over again. You'd think Stern would have fixed the issue already.

1 week later
#1903 3 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this game. Mine will hopefully arrive this weekend. The wait is killer.

#1906 3 years ago

Just pros I think for now

#1988 3 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday, so far I'm loving it. The code seems really good out the gate. I've had some minor hiccups like the GRand Champion changing name to WWWWWW, but on once it's beaten, it shows the correct name in the HC #1 spot. Game seems really smooth and the LCD screen is impressive. I was originally turned off by the theme, but I'm glad I got passed that. Theme definitely isn't everything. Time will tell how it holds up. Seems to compliment my Metallica well,

IMG_1541 (resized).JPG
IMG_1542 (resized).JPG
IMG_1543 (resized).JPG

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It does look good but I just can't take the risk until the code matures.....

I think the code is pretty complete, anything they add now is gravy to me, but I don't feel like it is lacking. The rules are more fun here than what's on ghostbusters imo.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

That clearcoat looks really nice- I wonder if this is the new norm for stern? Are these new PF's still getting the really deep dimples like GB seemed to get (and BM66)?

I'm not noticing it as bad as my GB, but I did have a lot more air balls with GB.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Has anyone had or seen any ghosting or bad clear on this yet other than on the game in Stern's video?

My game plays and looks good out the box. Stern added a new start button and filled the hole for the tournament option on US models.

The LCD screen is really something to look at and Stern did an amazing job with the animations on this one. There should be more hype for this game because it's pretty fantastic.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think the lack of hype is from a lot of folks tired of Stern's shit.
Cant recall a time where so many Pinsiders were like "omg game looks awesome" followed by "but I'm done with Stern until (insert issue) is resolved/completed"

We will see how true this is once Star Wars drops. Something tells me we will be revisiting the madness especially in the LE department.

I get your point though, Stern has certainly made missteps and people probably should be a little apprehensive going forward.

1 week later
#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I haven't seen much advantage in going over 3 ball multiball. It might be a good idea if you sink 3 balls in the toy box early but l'd take two 3 ballers over one 6 ball. If jackpots increased that would be different. A good idea actually but I haven't observed it.

In Stern's sneak peak video, they said 6 balls increases jackpot scoring. Although I can't confirm this directly, I usually get way more points for the mode for starting 6 balls. I'm not sure if that's because more balls are in play or that jackpots are worth more.

1 week later
#2296 3 years ago

I'm not sure if it's the freshness of the game, but I have a hard time deciding to play my Met over AS. The game is just a pure blast to play. I like choosing my mode right off the bat, which makes it seem really varied. Metallica, I feel like I'm going after the four main targets over and over again. Toy box And elevator mb are really fun and I also enjoy the animations tied to each mode. I like when you hit a shot on Walk This Way, a girl walks across the stage.

I'm not really sure I need much additional code updates as the game plays very well as is. I recently owned GB and I think this game blows that one away, especially in the code department (fun factor). This game is a great deal overall, especially the pro model. I give credit to Stern for making me love a game I had zero interest in prior to its release. I thought it was just a terrrible terrible theme. I find myself enjoying the music and the entire package with great art and awesome animations. Well done Stern.

1 week later
#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wow musketd , you are just so obsessed with this pin. That's ok as we each have our own tastes. I agree with the others that have posted for months here that it is extremely similar to the KISS layout in many ways, KISS base code, similarities in some of the multi-ball code ideas to Mustang, some other similarities to MET. Does AS do the entire package better than those? Definitely better than KISS and Mustang IMO. Yes, we have played AS. My wife and I might buy either an AS or MET, but definitely not both as they are too similar too each other. AS is a good, fun game and so is MET. I'm watching reviews on AS to see if it will hold interest (longevity) with owners other than those that are obsessed with it. The reviews that just bash it I ignore. AS may win out for the purchase as we like the music and LCD better than MET.

The only games I currently have are Met and AS (owned several modern Sterns in the past) and they compliment each other very well. I don't feel like they are the same game at all. Met is a little deeper, but I actually think AS is more fun to play. I'm very happy with both games and neither will be going anywhere for a while. It would be a tough choice if I had to choose, but right now I'd lean toward AS. It could be the new factor, but time will tell. My family also seems to appreciate AS more, which is a plus.

It's just a great package overall, especially the Pro model.

#2405 3 years ago

Code idea:

I'd like to see another mini-wizard mode added associated with the x multipliers. It could start once you get all of them. Maybe the mode could involve hitting a specific x multiplier shot then that lights the lock a ball in the chest going all the way up to six.

Stern make it happen!!!!

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was at my buddies place today playing his AS Pro. Question. I noticed when trying to cycle the lights between the middle left inlane, the one to the right of it, and the right inlane, the lights don't cycle through to light up the letters. It only cycles on the left side. Seems odd to me.

Yeah, that's normal. It doesn't cycle all the lane inserts like a typical game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frankfort, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside