You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#943 7 years ago

Not very keen on the cabinet art. But the playfield art works superbly, I think.

Thing is, as I'm sure must have been pointed out already, this seems like a very minor variation on the Metallica and KISS layouts, in yet another music theme ... how many more customers are there for this?

Depending on code and how it shoots, I'd probably take one over KISS or Metallica, if forced to choose between the 3. But who with a Metallica or KISS, or with serious play time on them, is going to buy one? Not many I'd have thought.

#961 7 years ago

I hadn't seen the pricing.

Pro Model: $6199
Premium Model: $7899
Limited Edition Model: $8999

That seems like a huge rise in the floor. People were talking about $100-200 previously. That's a lot more. On a game that's, again, looking very minimalist.

A standard DI / WOZ / Hobbit is going to offer far more than an LE, for $1k less ...

I think a bust's coming sooner than many would like to contemplate.

Quoted from Rarehero:

All pinball is pretty similar. You can't assume they're targeting people who already have one or two specific games. I can already tell this game will be different from those two in multiple ways. Rules might be kinda like Kiss, though...but neither of those games has a ball flinging through the air into a physical lock box...which then gets dumped out later. The combination of the NBA fling trick with the IJ ark trick is going to be a great feature that will definitely differentiate the game from Met and Kiss.
» YouTube video

As far as variations go. They look minor to me.

#984 7 years ago

Re: MSRP rather than street price ... are you sure the close to $1k discounting on Pros that goes on in the US is going to hold? What with the 'Stern Army' and them establishing their own retail and distribution operations in the domestic market .... I wouldn't be.

#989 7 years ago

On a more positive note:

The almost total lack of animation and original art on the LCD for BM'66 happily doesn't seem to have infected Aerosmith.

Donnie appears to have done plenty of original art and simple animations for the screen on Aerosmith, and it looks great. So much more alive than its vastly more expensive sister machine. Hopefully this will be the shape of things to come, rather than just a one-off because Donnie wanted to.

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The only thing I was meh about was the joker voice is too close to sparky from Metallica.

They could do with re-recording that, or at least passing it through a bunch of filters to make it sound totally different.

Why they'd make it sound almost identical to a machine with virtually the same concept (rock / metal band with Donny art), with similar bash toy and magnet is beyond me.

Also, sound doesn't really feel like it fits a joker / jester ...

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, I'm totally cool with the joker and that look etc., but the voice. Really sounds like a less scratchy voice of sparky

It feels like they pulled a Data East on it, or maybe someone at Stern just really likes the voice / sound.

I can see it being a major bone of contention though. Sounds way too similar to Sparky, as you say, and just doesn't fit the character.

#1257 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Started designing my custom AS topper for my new LE. I figured I'd try to tie in the "Jacky in the box" with the logo. It will be laser cut 6ml plexiglass with LED's behind it. Can't f'en wait!!!!!! Aerosmith rules!!

Is that a completely original design of yours? If so, maybe you should start designing and selling some mods (including toppers) ... or maybe you do already and I'm ignorant of their existence.

2 months later
#2073 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a Lonnie game, so the best you can hope for is mostly complete. It will likely never be polished, given his extensive history with not really doing the polish step on his games.

We'll see. It's currently in a far better state, by most accounts, than almost any of their big titles of recent years have been even 12 months after launch.

Hopefully they continue to add to it.

Sell through on the Pros could be very high IMO if physical problems are fewer than recent titles and code keeps getting better.

#2075 7 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Yes indeed. V1.0.0 gives me the impression that all features are implemented. Some minor bugfixing, balancing out and that's it. Done! Already 2 updates are available in 14 days. Polishing for me is not extra stacking and new enhanced rulesets. Everything "added" from now on will be a bonus.

I think the majority of reasonably involved home buyers would disagree.

Would Metallica have sold a fraction of what it has in the last 2 years if, after 12-18 months post release, it was left 'complete' ?

Hell no.

Aerosmith has a lot going for it if they can keep adding to rules & features and polishing it, and potentially great sales going forward.

If this is pretty much it, despite being a much better package than other recent games, I think sales will die off very quickly.

#2138 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hopefully mine is an isolated incident but my (now unplayable) Aerosmith Pro arrived this afternoon. Set it up and started a game and immediately noticed the toy box wold not open. I went into test mode to try and get it to fire and a few minutes later noticed a burning smell. I turned off and disconnected power to the game. Opened the PF and found a red hot tip transistor on the bottom of the cabinet that had melted right off the circuit board. I believe it interfaced with the toy box solenoid, which was also hot.
So, I have sent STERN a message asking for a new board and to also confirm the solenoid was wired correctly. I have several Sterns and this is the first time I've had any electronic problems out of the box. If you get yours and the toy box will not open in game play, power down! Check the circuit board located near the middle of the PF (p/n: 199701700A). I'm hoping STERN sends me a new board and solenoid and fingers crossed that will be the end of the problem, though wondering what made the tip transistor melt off the board in the first place.... CY

That's rather worrying ... should a fuse not have blown?

#2142 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

One would think. I powered down before it got that far. The tip transistor had melted right off the board and the coil was super hot. I was in test mode trying to get the toy box coil to fire when I realized I had a much bigger problem and shut it down. Stern verified the solenoid was wired correctly and my distributor is working with them now to get me a new coil and board. I'm just hoping one of those two were the problem. If not, I blow another board and I'm back where I started.

I've never inspected a Spike game that closely ... do the various node and mechanism boards have fuses?

#2172 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Not on the node board. No fuses. Stern was pretty concerned and they sent me a label to overnight back to them the board and toy box lid solenoid. They told me I will have the replacement parts on Monday. So for now my AS Pro continues to be a really fancy looking paper weight in my game room. Stern customer support has been very good, to include calls from a Stern engineer to confirm the wiring in that circuit.

So what fuses does the game have and where are they?

They should be concerned. Could have resulted in a major fire and ultimately death.

2 weeks later
#2512 7 years ago

How fickle people are. All through last year people were wailing that Aerosmith was the worst theme and probably going to be the worst machine Stern ever produced.

Now, it's better than AC/DC?

#2514 7 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

What's up with the marks on the upper playfield in the Aerosmith logo? Looks like wear?

Would love to know too. Looks like a file has been taken to the pf there ....

1 month later
#3184 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I've had that happen on every Stern spike game I have played.
GOT
GB
KISS
Happens occasionally on all of them. Usually when you're having a super awesome game too.
Stern told us that the fault is in the flipper node board ... when the voltage drops too much below 48v it will reset. Similar to the WPC issue.
One GB Pro here (in nz) and one GOT LE have already had new power supplies fitted to correct the issue. Anything under (from memory) 47.8v will reset the game.
Stern are aware of the issue and said they will modify the node boards. However I'm not sure if/when that has been done.
rd

Below 47.8V causes a reset ... that's not much margin for error.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.