You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that they're re-theming Tower of Terror as Guardian's of the Galaxy and it's literally right next to Rockin' Rollercoaster, I doubt they're re-theme it to GotG, too.

Man, TOT into Guardians of the Galaxy?

Worst idea ever. Jesus.

Next thing you know, they'll be taking out the classic Country Jamboree Bears and replacing it with some shit 4th rate Winnie the Pooh ride through. Oh wait ... They already did that.

Disney is going down in my estimations. Daily.

rd

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been saying that since they pulled out the Jr. Autopia and put up It's a Small World in it's place.

Small World is so crusty .. But it's iconic.

I can't wait till Disney rethemes it to WHAT COUNTRIES WILL IRONMAN SMASH UP TODAY instead. That'll be awesome. Not.

rd

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was like my first trip to Disneyland I remember as we drove down Harbor you could see all the little kids driving those midget cars. It was my favorite ride of the day.
Next time all I could see from the street was new construction . They had completed all the blue channels for the boats on small world. Cars all gone.

First time I went there was 1982. I think pretty much all the rides from then have gone now. Except Matterhorn and some fantasyland rides.

rd

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF, no kidding, that's total BS.
That is great F ing ride.

I've been to amusement parks all over the world, and ridden most of the great coasters in the world. I'm hard to impress.

IMO Tower of Terror is as good a ride as you'll get, anywhere.

And the best ride in a Disney park by miles.

rd

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad they priced me out of there already. And I'm not alone. I had my fill.

Me too man. Last time I was there, it was like $149 bucks each for a one day, two park pass.

Knotts Berry Farm is $39 on Internet sales. Magic Mountain is like $49.

Mind you, it didn't stop anyone going there. The place was packed on a Wednesday. So who can blame them for cranking in the cash, I guess.

rd

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was heading to China I think I might take my chances on this one.
» YouTube video

Cool ride. And cool vid. "I am moderately terrified right now!"

rd

5 months later
#1414 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, this has been highly twisted and exaggerated. It's even been fought out in courts and there's far less fire than smoke.

All late 60s British rock music (and that's where Zep started) has its roots in American blues. Clapton, Beck, Page, Peter Green, the lot of them.

The American blues musicians would tour England and get big crowds and rave reviews, but back home they were pretty much ignored.

rd

2 months later
#2706 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Now if we can just get some more good code that adds some skill shots, and some deeper rules like Metallica, this game will be over the top.

I don't want to be a downer, but if you buy a Lonnie game expecting anything else than what is there now, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Name one game that's ever had "massive improvements" over the release code. I can't think of one.

Code updates will be minor fixes and twiddles (example, AVLE BW spinner triggering a hit to BW rather than having to loop the troublesome ramp) ... but no way there will be added "horde" or Metallica Crank it ups or anything like that.

I bought KISS after the last code update, I fully expect it to be like it is now forever. I really enjoy the game.

I am in the market for an Aerosmith Pro, I really enjoyed it "as it is" when I played it at Texas. However I won't pay $9700 NZD for one, so I will wait for a used one for cheaper. As I did with my TWD, KISS, and GOT pro.

rd

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I was very hesitant on the LE because of the negative comments regarding the upper playfield ...Love the LE.

Most of those comments were made by people who had never seen one in the flesh, let alone played it.

Upper playfield is fine. I played the Premium, it was sweet.

rd

#2709 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Everyone I was with that played the premium at Texas thought the premium was better but still had a hard time justifying the price increase from pro to premium. I think the current tiers are too far apart to make it compelling to make the jump. I think it's close to $2,000 to go from pro to premium. That's just crazy.

I would concur with that. And when you live outside the USA, the price difference is even more. It's $3000 difference here.

Some games, you'd justify it (like AC/DC premium over the pro)

But on others, the pro becomes the way to go.

rd

#2712 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I still have a problem with modes currently. Not so much a problem, but specific strategy. The modes seem very lopsided, in terms of being able to complete anyway.

Read this, some strategy discussed and also the ruleset.

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

rd

#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Now that i have a lot of quality time on it I can honestly say the code feels very little like Kiss ... It takes the best bits from each of them

It's Lonnies Greatest Hits.

rd

#2741 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I'd actually agree with that but it's a good thing

Of course it is. Why not have the best of everything?

rd

#2770 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I played a game right after I posted and still wasn't impressed with the shaker.
I'm going to do an experiment tonight and crank up my shaker with a physical adjustment.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Check your adjustments too .. there is usually a shaker adjustment, set it to "max" if it isn't already.

rd

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think once the honeymoon is over people will be just as restless with AS as they are with KISS

People love a new toy, man ...

Shall we start a sweepstakes on when the "where's the AS Code?" thread will start?

I'll kick it off ... 60 days from now. Let's say 25th June. Actually I think that is a bit too long, now I think about it. But I'll stick with that!

rd

#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm pretty sure we'll see KISS-like whining before the year is out

Before the end of the year??

More like the end of the month!!

I like KISS, similar to Transformers in a lot of ways, except with tighter shots.

KISS maybe seems a little tougher than AS gameplay wise in my opinion. I found all the shots pretty easy on AS vs very tight left orbit and right ramp on KISS. Consistently hitting Starchild area can be a mission on KISS, whereas I have no problem hitting the lock lane on AS.

Funnily enough, if/when I do get an Aerosmith, it'll sit right next to KISS Pro and Transformers LE, so you'll have 3 pins in a row with basically the same rulesets. The Ropp Row! Hahaha

rd

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus I don't know what it is, but AS music they chose for the pin doesn't really pump me up like the KISS music (and I'm no KISS music fan). It seems like AS needed more uptempo songs. Dunno.

I'm a rock/metal guy, and I played in the NZ KISS tribute band, so I'm down with the KISS.

But after a day playing Aerosmith Pro at Pinmasters, everyone was humming Rats in the Cellar, I can tell you that.

Live Bootleg is a great AS album. You can keep the 90s stuff though. I'm so happy they went the musical direction they did with AS. It could have been awwwwful.

rd

#2939 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

May be ordering an AS Pro and some art blades to go with it in the next few days.
Does anyone think we will see more code updates for the game from Lonnie?

It will be pretty much way it is now for ever. You may see some bug fixes and minor stuff, but what you see is what you get.

As long as you purchase with this in mind, you won't get disappointed.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got tired of both ACDC and Metallica as I prefer objective based rulsets and each or those had modes that required the same shots to be hit over and over again

If you are buying this, and expecting it to morph into TSPP or WOZ, you're just setting yourself up for tears.

It is what it is.

You've said 1,000 times you love WOZ and Hobbit and other Keith Johnson rulesets .. this game is not one of those games.

Seriously, go seek an Aerosmith out and play it for a while before you pay $5200 bucks for one.

Same advice I'd give anyone before purchasing any game. Go play it for a while, see if you like it.

rd

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Even if it remains what it is though with the exception of bug fixes that's not a bad thing necessarily because Aerosmith is a blast to play and a definite keeper IMO.

I like it.

But as I said, it is the opposite of what Panzer likes.

rd

#2943 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He should definitely go play one and try it out then before he buys. Looks like he's never owned TWD, that might be a great addition to his collection? Maybe a GOT Pro also?

How about a Firepower?

How about a Paragon?

Great pins don't have to be new ones.

rd

#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are there different songs in those modes?
They should put Dream On in the game for the wizard mode.

Yeah I can imagine that. You're all amped from playing an amazing 25 minute game, you've smashed all the modes, destroyed all the multiballs and hit Jackie in the nuts 362 times.

You're amped! The adrenaline is flowing! Whooooopa!

"Tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle" goes the sound of the very slow double picked guitar intro.

"Ooooffffff" is the sound you make as you slowly deflate....

Cool song ... but I don't think it's Wizard Mode material. Just my opinion ....

rd

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

. The issue with KISS is the cities which just need some type of bonus added to them or to just have them removed

The issue is that people expected the cities to do something gameplay wise ... and they don't. All they do is change the callouts to "personalise" the game for the player.

Gomez confirmed at TPF this is what the cities were always meant to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

If Stern had announced that FROM DAY ONE, instead of saying "stay tuned" every 5 minutes, then you wouldn't have people freaking out. They dug their own hole, to a large extent, by lack of communication.

rd

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Please don't tell me that you believe Gomez on that. They obviously were meant for more. Simple fact is KISS is not selling so stern is done with the code.

I said that was what the cities were for on day one. You can hear the callouts change. "hello Deeeeetroit!!"

Some people assumed that the cities were something else.

I couldn't see how you could make the cities something else. There are like 8 songs (?) and 6 cities (?). If every song mode was changed by the city, that would be 48 different modes to complete the game. Seeing how most players can't even complete two songs on factory settings, having 48 modes to work through didn't make any sense. Plus, you'd have to have coding for 48 scenarios. Seeing as they can't finish the code for 8 scenarios, why would they set themselves up to code 48?

Gomez was VERY animated in the discussion of cities at his TPF chat. He went out of his way to say that the cities were only ever meant to change the callouts, and "the internet" had decided they were supposed to be something else. There's probably footage of it on YouTube, check it out.

So yes, I totally believe him for the reasons stated above.

rd

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's a complete crock. So stern says more is coming. But once everyone knows more is not coming all of the sudden it was supposed to be like that from day one? I like Gomez, but that is nothing more then protecting the company bs.

I don't think it is. I think the cities are how they were designed to be.

Anyway, that's for the KISS thread.

Back to KISS PART TWO errrr Aerosmith.

rd

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS you get the song you choose until you finish the song (or the bug pops up that lets you pick a new song when you're not supposed to)

Don't know if that's a bug or not. You can only change the song of you have completed x amount of it. Seems to be pretty consistant across all songs, so I would think it is by design.

rd

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It always seemed like a bug, but the way you explain it (complete x amount of song) makes it make more sense. I'll have to pay closer attention to see if I can narrow down the rules for when that happens.

My guestimate would be if you have completed half the mode (or more), then drain, you can choose a new song. Of course, if you do choose a new song, you don't complete the current song and you don't get any progress towards the 2x playfield scoring etc etc.

rd

#3094 6 years ago

The Making of Aerosmith ...

rd

#3143 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

but why in the hell did they have to copy Crank It Up from MET?

They didn't. Except for the name. The Crank it up in AS is nothing like CIU in Metallica.

rd

#3153 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Had a game reset happen today on 1.03 in the middle of a 5 ball multiball with Rats in the Cellar playing, Crank it Up and Super Ramps. I might have had double scoring going, too. Everything was going great then the PF suddenly went dark, screen flashed the Stern logo and game rebooted. I still had flipper power up until the very last part of reboot, when I lost it and the game went to attract mode.
Anyone else had this happen? If so, what modes and what song?

I've had that happen on every Stern spike game I have played.

GOT
GB
KISS

Happens occasionally on all of them. Usually when you're having a super awesome game too.

Stern told us that the fault is in the flipper node board ... when the voltage drops too much below 48v it will reset. Similar to the WPC issue.

One GB Pro here (in nz) and one GOT LE have already had new power supplies fitted to correct the issue. Anything under (from memory) 47.8v will reset the game.

Stern are aware of the issue and said they will modify the node boards. However I'm not sure if/when that has been done.

rd

1 month later
#3591 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

On Pinside I seriously doubt some folks here have much fun playing pinball or doing much of anything looking at their online personas

Listening to some Pinsiders, it seems that actually playing the pin comes a distant last to pimping it up and glueing all sorts of accoutrements all over the playfield.

rd

1 month later
#3795 6 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone know where to get a strategy guide on this game?

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

rd

#3796 6 years ago

I went today and helped a operator set up their SW Pro and AS Pro today. I was there the other day, and they both played like crap so I offered to go fix them.

Sorted them out ... AS Pro went up to 7 degrees, levelled it properly, adjusted the scoop kickout power to 25, and the difference was night and day. Played smooth as butter.

I whacked up a quick 240,000,000 to test it out.

My AS Pro arrives here end of September.

rd

IMG_6784 (resized).JPGIMG_6784 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Update imminent - great to see some communication
STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017

Welcome aboard, Zach Sharpe!

rd

#3976 6 years ago

Fwiw ... my personal experience:

Stern Whitestar: owned dozens of them. Never had a reset.

Stern SAM: owned lots of them. Never had a reset.

Stern SPIKE: own GOT pro,
KISS Pro, As pro, Bm66 premium, and had a GB pro at my house for a month.

Kiss: occasional resets. Maybe 3-4 ever

AS pro: unboxed last week. Crashed once.

Bm66: no crashes yet

GOT pro: crashes occasionally, inevitably when I am about to start Iron Throne. Lol

GB Pro: started crashing every few days, in two weeks it was crashing every game when you hit the flippers, like an old 1990s BW with bad bridge rectifiers. Local agent talked to Stern for an hour and they said the flipper node board has a watchdog in it that resets if the voltage falls too low ... same as a WPC CPU does (that's why WPCs crash)
They sent a new power supply and it hasn't missed a beat since.

That's where the reset issues are.

I was talking to the local agents tech, and he was saying he thinks the power supplies have a pot in them to bump the 48v a little ... which would fix the problem. I haven't seen him since then, so I don't know if they do or not, but if they did bump up to say 48.5v that'd sort the problem for sure.

rd

4 weeks later
#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What do you guys think of a pro for 4k?

It’s $4k ... don’t be too fussy, go buy it, tidy it up, play the crap out of it, and in a year it’ll still be worth $4k.

rd

1 month later
#4139 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now if they were to add 2-3 songs, what is the wishlist?

Lord of the Thighs

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.75
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.