You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So nobody here remembers 3 years ago when the same things were being said about Metallica right up until people saw the artwork?

The music in the game still sucks though. It lacks energy and low end. The music in ACDC gets me going, MET doesn't. But, it's still a fun game to play.

Rob

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know anything aboot "low end" or any of that shit because it's a pinball machine, not a jukebox, but ACDC music doesn't really "get me going;' so to each their own.

Yes, to each their own. I'm not really a fan of either ACDC or MET (the bands), but given a choice I would take ACDC music. It's a matter of preference so we can all agree to disagree if needed.

Rob

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, we all had to swap out the suckass songs and sappy ballads to make the game rock again:
The unforgiven
Sad but true
One
Fuel
Enter sandman

What did you replace them with?

Rob

10 months later
#1353 7 years ago

I have to admit, AS does look like a nicely done game. The graphics and art are top notch. Although the gameplay videos don't really show much of the rules for the different songs or hint and what wizard modes there may be.

Rob

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

, this one interests me quite a bit. Pin looks great, shots look good, and that ball lock sequence is the best one in a really long time.

I thought the same about KISS when I bought it. Then LR didn't finish the code..... for whatever reason.

Rob

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Why was GOT abandoned?

GoT isn't abandoned...

Rob

2 weeks later
#1596 7 years ago

Watching the live stream and it seems like many of the (terrible) sounds that were from KISS (spinner, bonus count, super ramps) have now been changed for the better. Although there seems to be a stupid bug where the game closes the toybox and then tries launching the ball into it for a lock.

And it's too bad that neither the designer or programmer are around....

Rob

#1602 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very KISS-y. Very.

At least the sound effects have been changed for the better. It doesn't sound like KISS any more.

Rob

#1603 7 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Looks great.... watching the stream now.. little disappointed neither designer nor developer are present to offer some insight and feedback during the event. Oh well, make it happen next time!

That's what makes the live streams so great is when the programmer and designer are there. I would have been more surprised if LR was there.

Rob

#1673 7 years ago

At least there's no cities to choose in this game

Rob

1 week later
#1800 7 years ago

The 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' mode seems fun... It's amusing to see the silhouette reveals and it's usually a guy, but the odd time it's a woman too. Kudos to Lonnie for something imaginative like that!

Rob

1 week later
#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wait! Is that for real?? ^^^

It's a photoshopped TWD.

Rob

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah anybody get one unboxed yet? Hearing the code is great and so is gameplay. Code is light years ahead of batman for Aerosmith at this point

From what I've seen, the band animations seem to be in sync with the music so someone did a very good job on that!

Rob

#1844 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

This game rocks. I'm a Kiss fan, this game blows Kiss away. I don't own any Aerosmith records and never been to a Aerosmith concert. Lonnie Ropp did a great job so far on code. Art package is amazing. Animation well put together and yes they changed the jesters voice.

Changed it to what? The hillbilly from TWD?

Rob

#1869 7 years ago

Watching the dead flip video and wow, this game has a really exceptional light show!

Great Video
Great Art
Good Sound
Killer Lightshow
Decent Layout
Fun locking mechanism

All the game needs is some good code to make this a real sleeper hit! This game already seems light years ahead of KISS was when that game was released.

Rob

#1876 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree, this game is going to be a hit! It just looks too good right out of the gate not to be.

Watching the videos it seems like there are 2 wizard modes:

Final Tour Wizard Mode
Medley Tour Wizard Mode

I don't see combos in the game, do they exist (yet)? It would be disappointing if there are no combo awards/rules.

Rob

#1877 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

And how big of a jackpot scoring bump do you get in Toys MB when you take the risk and go for 4/5/6-ball MB instead of the standard 3-ball?

That is something I have wondered as well. Otherwise I'd just take 3 balls all day.

Rob

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For sure, I went from thinking this game would be horrible to maybe considering owning one.

Funny how that is eh?

I just don't like how super modes end though. I think they should last for the entire ball.

Rob

#1921 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a terrible idea. Why would you do anything but go for super ramps and then just repeat the center shot a MILLION times?

It hasn't stopped other games from having semi-lucrative shots that can be hit a million times. Like the spinners in ACDC and GoT for example. But, I meant having them available for the whole ball, but not in a way they can be abused either.

Rob

#1972 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I haven't seen anyone do war machine all day in a LOOOOOONG time. I'm pretty sure I've managed to convince everyone within a 200 mile radius of me that Thunderstruck is where the points are at....and if not...I hope they continue to enjoy losing.

What, no BIB?

Rob

1 week later
#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Would Metallica have sold a fraction of what it has in the last 2 years if, after 12-18 months post release, it was left 'complete' ?

We understand this, but the bean counters at Stern do not - or don't care. Great code sells games and shit code kills sales. MET and KISS are the poster children for these 2 opposite ends of the spectrum. You can even see it in the Stern facebook videos that there's very little KISS being built, but sure a lot of MET.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Aerosmith has a lot going for it if they can keep adding to rules & features and polishing it, and potentially great sales going forward.

I'm going to say I think AS is 98% done. Expecting more on top of what already is there is just going to set you up for disappointment. Look at how simple of a game IMVE is and there was never anything added like a super skill shot or extra ball rule. People have asked over and over for that for the past few years and it just hasn't happened.

Rob

#2094 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Collect EB on IMVE by collecting two full sets of shields on the same ball (rollovers, then War Machine), then hit the ramp shot.

That sounds tough to do.

Rob

#2102 7 years ago

What advantage is there taking more balls into multiball than just 3?

Rob

#2131 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Unfortunately, It's not a big difference in current code. I like the reward vs risk of Mustang Gears MB much better. This feedback has been provided to Stern,and I hope they tweak it.
3-ball jackpot starting value: 500K
6-ball value: 1M.

I think it could perhaps be a fixed value per ball and a bonus if it's all 6 balls. The question is though, do the values stay constant or do the values drop for each ball that drains? I imagine it must be really difficult to keep 6 balls in play for any length of time.

Rob

1 week later
#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Just because they put out a small code update doesn't mean anything regarding future updates. The previous update was only a couple weeks ago. They probably just wanted to get the topper code out there.

I remember the topper code release for KISS was like the 'KISS Of Death' for that game. It was a long time before another update was made available. So when I saw that this was basically a topper code release, I wondered.....

Rob

#2281 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Something I was wondering and thinking about, were people raving about how good Kiss was when it first came out like people are about Aerosmith? It seems like most people are complaining about Kiss now, just wonder if Aerosmith could turn into the same thing? I hear the playfield layout is similar? I don't know anything about Kiss really. I've only played it a few times and it didn't appeal to me much (first impressions) but I'm not saying it's a bad game because I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm sure if I spent more time on it I'd probably like it.

The toybox is a thousand times more fun looking than any of the toys on KISS. Not having a big Gene head is also a plus.. One of the areas where AS totally destroys KISS is in the display. KISS never had good dots and some don't seem quite finished.

Rob

#2305 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This! I racked my brain trying to see how this improves gameplay but can't think of how...

I think game designers should strive to have more than 1 exit from the pop bumpers. ACDC looked like it was going to have 2, with one under the right ramp. It seems to be there on the whitewood.

Rob

#2330 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When you put out as many titles as Borg does, i dont think Lazy is the word i'd use.

If his next game is the same layout as KISS and AS, maybe then he should be talked to.....

Rob

#2389 6 years ago

I wonder what the rationale is for taking KISS and essentially re-theming it to Aerosmith? KISS wasn't exactly a hot seller nor was the design very original either. Perhaps time constraints meant that they just had to get this game done in a certain time frame?

Rob

#2396 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dude, not even close to a re-theme. Give it up.

Not even close? Let's see...

The AS code used KISS code as a framework. This was quite apparent because early versions of AS code had the exact same sound effects as KISS.

Both center and right ramps are very similar

The jet bumper layout is similar, except there's 3, not 4

There is a scoop, but it was moved to the left

The toybox replaces the starchild area

The lock channel/mini playfield replaces Gene's head

The spinner is the same

I don't care one way or another really. AS was designed very similar to KISS for one reason or another. It's certainly not a unique layout like TWD. I don't think JB would scratch design AS to be the same as KISS, so perhaps he just started with the KISS cad drawing and changed things accordingly. Time and budget constraints perhaps? Just postulating openly...

Rob

#2415 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

2. The ramp setup have you played either title?

I owned a KISS pro.

Quoted from musketd:

6. Comparing the star child area to the toybox is just plain dumb. Starchild area just flat out sucks and well the toybox is probably the coolest toy ever that stern has ever put in one of its titles.

It's in the same area - that was my ONLY comparison. Yes, I agree the toybox lock is more fun than the starchild area.

Quoted from musketd:

As far as time and budget constraints really Aerosmith is the best pro stern has put out since Metallica

It's a good game, no denying that. But, you seemed to take my comments as if it wasn't a good game and that wasn't my intent.

Rob

#2522 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

if you never seem to complete a mode you can increase mode times in settings. Factory is 30 seconds. 40 seconds didn't seem to help me at all but I really stink at pinball.

That's really great to hear! For example, Underwater Doom on Shadow was very hard to complete with the default time setting, but thankfully the game settings allowed that time to be adjusted. If some mode doesn't allow enough time, it can be easily adjusted without the need for a code update. Now take a game like GB and there are no settings for scene timers and many other difficulty settings. As a result, the game is a mashup of some parts being too difficult and other parts being way too easy - especially in a home environment. There is very little in the way of difficulty balance in the settings.

Rob

3 weeks later
#3016 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How long after the Metallica release did they add additional music via a code update?
Aerosmith seems to license a lot of items so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

The BIG difference is that MET does not have dedicated dots or inserts for the songs like AS does.

Rob

#3030 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. Hopefully a code update expands on the buttons use a bit. I thinking that at least a couple more updates are coming.

See KISS and GB. I know it's wishful thinking to hope more code comes, but I wouldn't be surprised if AS is already considered done by Stern. Aside from BM66 which obviously isn't close to done, Stern seems to be spending less time on post release code than they were 3 or 4 years ago.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.