You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3692 6 years ago

Pondering an Aerosmith Pro, was curious as to how family friendly it was? I was playing it earlier today on location, and was really digging it. I thought I heard Jacky (is that his name?) yell "What the f***?" Did I just imagine that? Is there a family mode on it? Didn't see anything in the manual, was kinda curious about this.
Thanks so much, really appreciate the help!

#3712 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

If anyone is interested in a NIB Aerosmith Pro for $5000 in the Chicagoland area, please drop me a line and we can discuss details. Thanks.
Brad

PM sent. Thx!

#3717 6 years ago

Just got this machine yesterday (Pro), and at this point all I can say is WOW. This game is a LOT of fun, looks beautiful, and sounds even better. And I say this not as the world's biggest AS fan (though I do like their music).

Question - so why does the ball only lock into the chest at certain points? I understand you need to bash the box to light LOCK, but sometimes even when that is lit it does not launch the ball over, just sits there for a few seconds before releasing it...

#3738 6 years ago

Hearing people talking of "completing" this has me thinking my pinball skills must be absolute zero. I put up a 274M on IM, which I thought was just about the hardest game ever, and AS is just obliterating me.

#3740 6 years ago

I've yet to even start Love in an Elevator. But man I can't quit hitting that start button to keep trying!

#3750 6 years ago

On the Pro, I found Easy to be a bit too easy so I changed it back. One trick I found is that if you do a soft plunge, you can sometimes get one of the loops to register for Elevator. So that's a way to get a boost right off a launch. This helped me NEARLY get it last night on default settings.

Playing on Easy I got to it. You guys are right - it's a killer multi ball. The light show is insane.

#3753 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yes Elevator MB set on easy is too easy, but normal settings are too hard.
My vote is for more love than less love on my game.

I hear ya!

#3761 6 years ago

I've really focused on getting Elevator on my Pro with default setting, and am starting to get ok at it. I can get it about once every 5-7 games, which I view as acceptable.

Also, is there any worse feeling that getting that "Game Over" screen followed by the toy box opening up and dropping out five balls to your non-active flippers?

1 month later
#3921 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, seems like an AS update on the way.
What do people want to see?

I'd really like to see the delay fixed when a ball is launched at Jacky's head. It takes so long to fire the ball at his head sometimes it seems like the machine is malfunctioning.

1 week later
#3932 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Call outs are done via Jack in Box toybox character on AS, but that is all. Metallica does both Sparky plus custom band callouts, and AC/DC does choo-choo train sounds plus Steve Ritchie as their call outs (kinda weak if you think about it).

Probably get a lot of hate, but I pretty much think all Steve Ritchie call outs in the Stern era stink. Every one I hear I think, "That's Steve Ritchie", not "that's a cool call out."

1 week later
#4009 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude
You can't be serious.
Resets are the norm for new Stern games.

I have a Aerosmith Pro and it has never reset. I have about 350 plays on it.

#4011 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone noticed that one of the Dude reveals looks like a woman? Also, she’s in a completely different art style? She’s doing the same dance as one of the silhouette ladies. I’m guessing all of the dancing ladies were this art style and were blacked out. One lady made it through somehow.
More of an observation than a complaint. Wonder if she’ll be replaced in a code update.

I'd much rather they had more ladies and less dudes.

2 months later
#4146 6 years ago

I just wish they would fix when you have a ball locked already and thus the toy box is going to close and Jacky gets the ball in his face. There is a very long delay, to the point where if you aren't aware of it you'd think the game had frozen up or something. Sometimes Jacky will say "You aren't going to hit a guy in the face with a steel ball, would you?"

Then you wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

That really needs to be fixed and I have to believe it would be pretty quick to code that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 12.75
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.