You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2253 7 years ago

Played my friends tonight after playing a bunch of times in TX last weekend. This is a really fun game.

I think I want one.

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Took the post out between pops. Plays so much better.added clear rubbers and colored posts.

How is the gameplay different with no post between the pops?

#2300 7 years ago

Background - I sold addc Prem. It was a good game. I had it for almost 2 years and had played it enough and it was time for a change. Prices went crazy also on acdc also?! I was looking strongly at MET as the next pin. One thing is though I don't really like MET the Band and neither does my wife. I have one Borg game, IM, which is pretty much bolted to the floor but man is it hard! One more game! I thought AS looked interesting. I like Aerosmith and if they are on the radio or XM I don't change it, but go to band? Not really. Played it at TXPF and started to like it more and more. I went two nights ago and played AS at a friend's house again also. Really love the animations also.

To me AS is better than Kiss. I really like Kiss the pin actually, but just could not deal with Kiss the band long term. I DO NOT think that AS is necessarily better then MET as an all round player, BUT it is more fun for me. When I told my wife I was looking at getting MET she cringed. When I told her I may get AS she was like "ok, I like Aerosmith." Like for Borg games my wife likes IM as do I, but if I brought in MET or TWD she or would be like "I hate them!"

So to sum it up for me - Aerosmith pin is better then Kiss, a little short of MET overall, but more tolerable, like IM, for folks across the board than other great Borg games like TWD and MET and more fun to play than all the above titles and adds great LCD screen animations into the mix.

Just talking it through over a couple hours of beers. Or maybe a few.

#2309 7 years ago

Ordered a pro today and getting it next week.

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats dude! Ole Musketd talked you right into that didn't he? Hell I think he's about talked me into one also, he's Sterns best Aerosmith salesman right now!

Thanks! I just want to play it over and over. In Borg I trust.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

Took you long enough!

Well I played yours on Thursday night and.....you know.

OH and also no need to have my friend stop by your house to play before he buys. He also ordered a Pro also. Boom!

#2316 7 years ago

I am also going on the roll that Borg has had with Pro models so far - Kiss, TWD, MET, Xmen, Tron, Avatar, IM?! Heck I like BBH, IJ, and AP also! Just awesome.

Oh and the Dirty Donnie art! AS May better than Met even. MET is fantastic also!

#2343 7 years ago

"Fun" seems to be mentioned a lot with AS and I agree. AS could be the most fun Borg game.

Like I love my IM, but I would not call it fun to play. I would say IM is intense and challenging and it pisses me off sometimes, but I can't walk away from it. Other Borg games are like that. AS is different for some reason.

#2371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Seems like all the usual new game hype .
Has anyone seen immediate hype for a Stern game like this in the past 10 years?

I would agree with you accept I am not hearing the "I love Aerosmith and they remind me of my youth so I want to love this game and have to buy this pin!" to go along with it. I really don't know anyone who loves AS so much they are buying the game not matter what. Folks are playing it and liking it and giving it a buy. The way a pinball should be. I also am not sure we are going to see the usual "I just bought AS and I am not sure if I like it myself, but if anyone criticizes it I will cut them!", like we see on other games. I am just not getting that vibe. Maybe to early to tell.

The game is fun and folks are buying it even though they don't love the band. I know a group of folks who don't like Metallica the band but bought the pin anyway because it is solid and like the band better because of it and I think AS will be like that. Will it be as good as MET? Uh not sure of that, but I bet AS will fall along the lines of other good Borg games. I would say around IM level or so.

We will see.

#2376 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

You say it's only as good as IM...No way!!! This game rocks!
Bad news for my MoPLE...It's lonely right now!!! And when guests come to house it is ASLE every time...Even guys that haven't played in years!
Have You played a Premium or LE yet???

Really?! I hope you are right. I love IM for the one more game factor and think if AS is better then bonus for me! I think it will be popular with all types of players. The box lock is just so cool. Played Pro and Prem at TPF. I liked the Prem a little better but wanted to cut back on the cost, so I am "settling" and picking up my Pro for myself next week.

#2383 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I actually like the pro a lot, so I would not say you are settling. I think it is kind of like MET pro, you really can't go wrong and you are saving some cash.

Borg makes fun Pros. He makes well done Premiums and LE's also.

#2425 7 years ago

Tomorrow is the day I pick my Pro up! Cant wait!

#2428 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The WoZ I can agree with. TOM is almost as bad though.

I sold my acdc and AS is the surprise replacement after I played it a lot at TPF. So what are you thinking?

#2444 7 years ago

Well at least we can all agree that TOM and WOZ are both great games that I personally have no desire to play anytime soon and will never own.

Bring on AS!

#2449 7 years ago

Picked up my Pro today and after a first group of plays it reminds me of a lighter, more fun Borg game. I have IM and like Borg games, but I generally battle them when I play. I get oissed at them sometimes for sure. AS is not an easy game, but I don't feel like I am in a fist fight like TWD or IM, so that is what I mean by more fun. AS doesn't piss me off. The humor could have something to do with it also. The animations are edgy but funny enough where the humor does not go to far, as in to much humor. The Jester is evil, but not really and not annoying at all. I like how he interacts with you throughout the game. Seems like Sparky that talks more. I like him.

The shots feel good on the ramps and he ball lock is great. Everyone loves the lock! Like you feel like you get rewarded seeing the ball do a trick when you lock instead of the pin just saying - "Ball 2 locked". The game plays fast. Like really fast. Learning strategies now so can't go into scoring and strategy.

The art is quite amazing and AS could have the best art of any pin ever made. Like MeT and GB are really good, some older games like Fathom are sick, but AS is better. IMHO. Once you really look at the game up close all the little details come out. Like on the translite there is a Shogun Warriors Godzilla I had as a kid with his fire tounge stuck out. Cool! The LCD is absolutely great. The animations get better as you get deeper in the game. I will not miss buying $400 color DMDs. This LCD is a lot better than a color dmd also. The music is good Pin playing music. I am 45 and had the red GH album like everyone did growing up and like Permanent Vaction and Pump and all the Alicia Silverstone videos. This pin brings me back a little. Oh and wifes seem to really like Steven Tyler and Aerosmith. The dude was on American Idol?!

Really the game just plays fun. I know I keep going back to this, but that what this pin is to me. I am liking fun pins more and more over hard or challenging and deep rules lately. And this game works for that.

Just my two cents. Give it a shot. I went into The Texas Pinfest with a ho hum attitude about AS and wanted to play the other newer games, but AS won me over. So far so good.

Oh also no issues out of the box, but I will keep an eye out. Sorry no drama. Thank goodness!

#2457 7 years ago

Had a pinhead friend come over and get to play AS for the first time tonight. He said AS is the most fun he has had with a pin in a long time and he is lining up getting one.

Play this game folks. It is ok to like it.

#2459 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting a Pro tomorrow! I thought it was gonna be about a month but some unexpected stuff happened and it's tomorrow....can't wait!

Dude! It is the most fun I have had on a pin from the beginning ever. Acdc, IM, LOTR all I was not sure how good they were for a little while. AS is just plain fun. Funny as heck. Look at all the details - best art ever.

I will tell you what - I will give GB one more very good shot since I just don't like it as of now. I hope it will turn for me because I want to like it. AS was easy and quick. Maybe good things will come in time with GB.

#2464 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just got mine today. Set it up on location at our league spot. Cabinet and playfield look great. Beauty of a clear coat! And I love the Dirty Donny side blades.

Clearcoat is nice. I like how the toybox shuts with a nice rubber pounding thud. It shuts like it is solid and heavy and not cheap plastic. It may be early, but I feel like Stern tried harder to make sure things go right with this pin. Hope I am right.

It should be a good earner. Let us know how it does.

#2471 7 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Ordering a Premium today! This wasn't on my radar, but got a chance to play the Pro and really enjoyed it. Was surprised, as when this was first announced I was a definite 'no order'. My collection is mostly music pins so I should've been a Day 1 guy, but held off due to issues with playfields, etc. Hoping the cabinet issue doesn't bite me on my order.

AS would look awesome next to your Kiss, MET and GnR. Wow!!

#2481 7 years ago

Me to. Sold my ACDC Prem and got AS Pro and have no regrets at all. I had Acdc for a year and a half and enjoyed it but it was time with the bump in price to them in the past 6 months. Acdc was good but I had the same type of game on it again and again. AS is more fun to me. $2500 is in my pocket for the next game.

#2494 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my game set up and got to spend some time on it. The game is gorgeous, definitely one of Sterns best looking pins ever. The lcd is awesome as is the sound and light show too. Dont know exactly what im doing yet but its fun trying to complete the modes but im not having much luck at it because you dont get much time to make all the shots and it seems like it doesn't save your progress and makes you start all over? Im not on the new code yet, it shipped with the original code so I have to update that. Does anyone know what the new update added?
Maybe its just me but does anyone else think the clear coat on this pin is superior to recent playfields? It sure looks that way to me. So far im having fun and it is addictive and has some very nice feeling shots. I dont think this pin is going to be as good as my TWD, GB Premium, or probably even my GOT, but its fun as hell and I believe its going to be a keeper for sure! It gives my lineup something a little different seems like and that's a good thing. Everything worked great right out of the box and the game is beautiful, props to Stern on making yet another great game!

I purposely don't dig into rules and strategies on day one. I like to have the basics and then slowly learn rules and strategies over time. Just me.

I do know that Crank it Up will give you more time on the modes if you hit the scoop while it is lit.

#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

I do you like the limited editions, so I probably should rephrase the question, should I go upper play field or no upper play field? I have heard mixed reviews on it...

The upper playfield is better, but not $1800 better for myself, but it was not that far off at all. If you want to budget a little more then I say go for it.

#2528 7 years ago

Here are some of the toys that Donny put on the game artwise. Hugo Man with 1000 faces is on a plastic next to the toy box and my toy I had growing up - a Shogun Warriors Godzilla which is on the right side of the translite.

I never knew Hugo, but a pinhead friend pointed him out to me. Hugo is creepy man! Creepy!

After AS I am a bigger Donnie fan know for sure.

IMG_4273 (resized).JPGIMG_4273 (resized).JPG
IMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPG

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Thanks for the great info guys.....

You have a pretty fun collection. I think AS will fit in with what you have already.

#2566 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm curious
For those of you who sold a game to open up room/funds for Aerosmith... what did you sell?

ACDC Prem. Really liked it and had it for a while. Now, to be honest, I can't remember what I liked about it??

#2573 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I refuse to let pinball machines overrun my house & fuck up my feng shui so I'm gonna have to sell something
But all I have are keepers & buying/selling is a PITA
First world problems
If Aerosmith code ever goes "next level" I will have a tough choice to make.
Sorta wish I had an AC/DC or MET right now cause I'd let either go for Aerosmith

Well how about this angle - anyone else play your pins besides you? AS is super approachable by pretty much everyone. Wifes and kids like it also. I am going to play my AS again so...

#2579 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't care about the rules. To me rules can't overpower an ugly ass looking machine playing music I don't care to hear. The shots weren't that great either.

Are you high? Maybe you should be.

#2583 7 years ago

Or is in dire need of a blow job or something? What is up?

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I've been holding it in for two days now and finally decided to express my honest opinion. If you are so convinced I actually liked it the wouldn't I have brought it home with me?
I mean I have been known to bring home machines new and old that I express my enthusiasm with. This one just leaves me cold. Honestly.

Well that sucks. Every game is not for everyone. Oh well.

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually that's a good thing. What would it be like if we felt the need to buy every new machine as it came out?

Well yeah. There is so much variety in pinball it is off the hook!

We can all agree that there is something for everyone.

#2621 7 years ago

So what things do you look for? What games are your favorites? List please.

#2632 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Does ST and GB also have this problem?

My ST had dimples all over. AS had some now. No big deal. Play it and it will smooth out.

#2673 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Really enjoyed playing AS at my friend's house. I've had about 50 pins come through the basement, so I'm usually jaded about new pins, but this one is really fun! The Dirty Donny art is awesome too. I'm even thinking of selling my cherished Congo to raise some funds and make room.

I dare you. Do it!

Don't feel bad about having fun playing a pinball machine.

You can still play my AS anytime in the mean time.

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Brought home an LE on Thursday. Was sitting on the fence between the Pro or the LE, given the lack of many positive comments on the upper playfield. Had a lot of time on my buddies pro, so was hesitant spending that much on the added features of the LE. But, because I'm a gotta have it now guy, I bit the bullet, called my local distributor. They had LE's in stock, end of story.
No regrets, loving this pin!!

I think the Prem/LE is better but I got the Pro with my selling acdc money just so I could suprise my wife when she asked me "So how much more is AS over what you sold ACDC for?"

Ha! I win! Oh wait did I really win?

#2750 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats on your new game, you made a great choice. Wish I could help you on the shaker but I didn't put one in my machine yet. Not sure if the shaker is a must have in AS or not? I haven't heard anyone really talk about it.

My buddy put a shaker in his Pro and told me not to spend the money on one. All I heard so far.

#2783 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I just picked up an AS with 1.03 code- it still has smart missiles. I haven't seen them often but have been awarded them from the mystery scoop.
a question for other AS owners-- during the multiball start the spot light on Jacky doesnt come on when he starts to shake. Is this normal behavior? Seems to me it should be like Sparky on Metallica and have some sort of light show featuring Jacky.

Yes. Seems like Jacky gets way to dark before the start of MB.

#2789 7 years ago

I believe it is - Standard adjustments, Feature adjustments, #4 toy box Div power. Mine is set at 200

#2808 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

PinStadium UV lights will make the art really pop. I've seen them at the Ohio and PATZ shows on AS. Really good.

Looks like an interesting product for sure. Like to get a photo or video of that on AS. Anyone?

#2810 6 years ago

Saw a video on YouTube. Like to see lights during play.

#2812 6 years ago

I mean isn't it smart to buy from a dist that has the pin in stock? Just sayin

#2827 6 years ago

I own AS and really like Kiss and always have. The way I see it, it seems like Kiss owners are a little annoyed because AS feels similar to Kiss and they wonder why Stern can't just put a little more time on Kiss code in between the time they come out with a new similar game? I can see that, but Borg is Borg and Stern is Stern I guess?

I like AS because it shoots like Kiss. AS just worked out better for me, but I really hope Kiss gets the update it deserves. I dig both games and hope Kiss owners don't feel this is a AS vs Kiss thing at all. It is not for me at all. I dig them both.

#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying because I think it will be boring in a home collection before long YOU can't like it. *I* think it's not that great and will get boring - that's just my opinion. You've shared yours and it's a perfectly valid opinion. This isn't a dictatorship. We all get opinions! Yay!
And, for example, the fact that I will watch Xanadu more than once and like a lot of it each time shows that my opinions are not, well...always mainstream. Don't be offended if they don't match your opinions.

Dude not cool! You are a disgrace to fellow Kiss owners! Just embarrassing. Stop!

#2897 6 years ago

Left orbit is harder for me.

#2898 6 years ago

And I really like color DMD's, but will not miss paying $420 for each one on new Sterns for sure.

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Got the call from my distributor that my AS show up today. Can't wait to get it in the game Room!

It will fit in great with the games you have in your collection.

AS is just fun. Candy on a stick.

Congrats!

#2918 6 years ago

A pinhead friend asked if his Newbie Buddy could come over and play my AS to see if it should be his first pin. He came buy today and put his order in for AS!

It is fun hooking newbies!

#2921 6 years ago

Walk This Way, ramps all day!

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang!
I recently uploaded my "Aerosmith" PRO unboxing / setup / first-play video. You have all seen unboxing videos a million times so ... I am not sure if you'll find it interesting. Ha ha! But, in case here's a look:
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris

Oh boy! Let me grab a frosty beverage and watch!

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Can a Aerosmith pro be found cheaper than the $5699 I see them listed for?

Yes $5200 is the floor.

#2957 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I'll definitely grab one with ya' my friend.

I will buy the next round.

Love your videos through the years. Thanks for putting it up!

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Mirror blades look great on my AS.

Could you show us a pic please?

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Totally agree. Especially on this last comment. If there's too many balls in the lock when you hit the lock shot; just do a virtual lock and put the ball back in play - don't fling it at jackys head. It's cute, and I get it, but it takes away from the flow of the game.

The jacky head shot is kind of a danger shot SDTM for me.

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are there call outs from any band members in AS?

No, but when Steven Tyler does the chuckle from the beginning of Love in the Elevator at the start of Elevator Multiball it is pretty funny. When Jacky announces "Elevator Multiball!", in his nerd voice that is pretty funny also.

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah it was up the ramp, then back down. Each time.
I was impressed with the game but kind of cautious that it's a one trick pony with toy box multiball.
Also that lock shot is crap. It's all about bouncing in off the bumpers. Also the toy box lock only worked about 1/2 the time.

Need to hit the shot smooth into the lane for a clean lock. It is actually a pretty tight satisfying shot. I would rather not hit the ball in the pops to go for a lock and have the magnet whip the ball SDTM for a drain, but yes I do get locks that way.

Toy box lock power to the kicker can be adjusted for a better shot to the toy box. It seems that can be a complaint from the show and location players, but easily fixed to get 90%+ going in. Some folks think when the ball hits Jacky in the head the toy box is not working either. Not true.

#3061 6 years ago

Still getting used to the game, but I got a super jackpot the other night and on the animations it had the same type of doll as the movie 9 come out and rapid fire punch Jakey 100 times and knock him out?! Pretty funny.

#3097 6 years ago

Owning AS makes me want to get MET also.

#3135 6 years ago

Let's see how long it takes for "you know who" to criticize or give a negative comment or opinion on AS. Go!

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So is "Sweet Emotion" similar to "Kill the Witch King" on LOTR?
Meaning when the SE mode is next you're like "bummer, I never finish that shit & I'm out of other modes to play"

We can actually kill the witch king in LOTR.

#3162 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Out of curiosity, have any of you found this game to just play WAY faster than you were expecting?
It's a blast but the ball rockets around the playfield so fast, it's really hard to control.
(Also, I'm a terrible shot!)
Wondering if anyone reduced any power settings or anything.
Or just toughing it out, and improving?

I don't think it is an easy game. Borg does not let players off easy. I do think AS has a fun factor though so if you have a quick game you don't get pissed or annoyed, you just hit start again and learn to play better.

You could put Elevator MB on easy. That is not easy for me to keep shooting both loops to relight the elevator lock. Or add time to the ball save. Or just play better.

#3173 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having played AS Pro it is a no brainer to buy this over AC/DC vault pro. Same price but the screen is night and day better than the red dmd.
And I think AS pro is a better game ......probably.

I sold my ACDC Prem and got AS and have no regrets. A friend who sold his and picked up AS also deacribed Acdc as great, but so serious! He said AS is just fun. I agree with those statements.

#3179 6 years ago

I kind of respect games for what they are as pinball games. What does that mean? Like I would not walk around and say AS is better than ACDC or say MET because they are well designed and coded games. For me right now AS is better, so I own one and enjoy playing it.

I had ACDC for a year and a half and sold it a few months ago and will probably get a MET next. AS made me want a MET really. All really good games. I don't know what it is, but other great games I bought like ACDC, IM, LOTR etc took a little while for me to like, but AS felt great from the first time I pressed start. Had some AS owner friends say that also. That is what I like about AS folks had so so expectations with it and bought after they played. The way pinball or any product should be.

I just think we are lucky to have so many great games to pick from and just when we think we will never get a certain game ACDC gets rerun. I am really starting to get really sick of the which is better - MET or MMr or Hobbit or AS stuff.

#3187 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Acdc is a really ok layout and Aerosmith is a kick ass layout it's not even close because acdc is just a rehash of t2 where as Aerosmith is an amazing original game

Kind of like Kiss. AS is more fun and better though.

#3212 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I have a Premium and initially I was holding my flipper up to catch the ball and 95% of the time the ball bounced off the flipper and right down the left outlane with no chance to save. I have since put Titan rubbers on my flipper and now the ball bounces all the way back up to the AER targets next to the scoop. Problem solved

Sooooo your Pro that turned into a premium? How did that all work out?

#3214 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

AS, MET, ACDC are all great. Stern hasn't had a bad game in a long time, maybe over 10 years.
MET had pretty basic code when it first came out, and it took over a year to become the perfect game that it is today (it's my favorite DMD now). But I still play and enjoy my IM just as much as MET, so it bugs me when people complain about Lonnie Ropp's code. I'll admit that when I first got IM, I thought it ought to have "more", but that never crosses my mind now. If I get to finish Jericho once or twice a year, that's enough to keep the flame going for me. Borg+Ropp+Thiel is a winning team, and Donny's artwork really puts AS over the top. But I just can't bring myself to sell IM to buy AS. Yet. Sure do love that display though...

Well this is getting confusing beacuse after owning AS I was thinking about selling IM to get MET.

#3233 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just my 2 cents: I really like deep games. TSPP, TZ, WoZ are among my favourites. But it is so refreshing to have Aerosmith to be so approachable without all the game knowledge.
Someone can just step up to the machine and figure out quickly what to do to have a fun game. But AS does have a lot of nuances going on that make the game also very good for the better player, like the postponing of the multiball and working the targets and stuff and using the CIU. It is just fun to play for everybody, also the not so good players that come over to play.
It reminds me a LOT of MM. One super cool toy and easy to get into the game but hard to get the most out of it. And we all now what happened with MM

Yup. You are on to something.

A lot of folks already have a fixed set of guidelines of what they like when they go play a pin and then make a quick judgement about it instead of looking at the pin for what it is. I like games that are not as deep, but I wouldnt say that TSPP, Woz or TZ are bad games because if it. They are all fun to play and I think I am lucky to have friends who own the games, so I can play them. Would I own them? Likely not, but I appreciate them as amazing players for sure. But who knows? I never thouhgt I would get LOTR and well here it is.

What I really hate about all this is folks who like that certain type of game, Deep or Shallow, Flow or Stop and go, mode or Journey pin, etc, make harsh judgments and statements about the games they dont like on Pinside or elsewhere and it annoys the folks who like and own that game. The thing is though, a lot of time it is not the game itself they dont like, but the game does not fall into the style of pin they enjoy playing.

It is like for cars, if you are a sports car lover and you walk around sahing Jeeps are turds and a Jeep lover says that your sports car cant do crap off road? Why bother bother comapring? Why bother making negative statements about this stuff if each are so different?

I think whoever judges pins based on what they are will enjoy playing pinball more. I step up to my LOTR and hit start and know that I will taken on a journey and when I play my IM it will be a short fist fight that I will probably lose. Comparing the two is silly. Playing the two is awesome!

I am glad you get what AS is and not just say that is not deep like WOZ so AS sucks. You get it!

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

None have come off on Aerosmith (yet), but I've had them come off of Star Trek Premium over the slings, and Metallica from about the same area. The electrical tape fix takes care of at least 90% of the issue, if not solves it.

Dude thanks for the help and the non negatively! Hope your code drops really soon!

#3252 6 years ago

What if player one locks 5 balls The box and player 2 starts 3 ball multiball?

#3254 6 years ago

Hmm. Like the older BW games of steal a ball lock. How neat is that!

#3278 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How do you finish a song? Sometimes it seems like I only hit few shots yet when the time is up the song is completed. Sometimes I see the lit shots for super modes and sometimes I don't. Does the super mode have anything to do with finishing the song?
I've started EMB about 6 times so far but it never seems to last more than 10 seconds. Made it to 3rd floor award once. What happens after that?
I just can't seem to break through 250k. Are there pf multipliers?
The route game seems to have a lot of cheap drains.

This is a ok place to go for rules -

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499/13

#3286 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not into Hobbit. I put it in the same group. Longer game, still no fun.

You dont even like AS, so your opinion on pins aint worth shit to me anyway. Bwahhaha!

#3309 6 years ago

Jacky's nerdy announcement for Elevator Multiball = hilarious!

I think there is an adjustment for the trough eject power. Thought I saw it?

#3314 6 years ago

Just talked with somebody today who is looking for his first NIB. He has it down to AS or MET. Met is just great and proven and AS is the fresh title with the LCD and the toy box. I dont want to start a back and forth bash fest, but I think it is a toss up between the two with no losers. Now that I have AS I would like MET right next to it in my house, so yeah!

I said he can come to my house to play my AS one more time and can see if one of my MET buddies can let him try at their house, so he can decide. It is like a date with two awesome girls with big.......personalities to decide on one. How awesome is that!

#3362 6 years ago

Well with AS, ACDC rerun and SW this could be one great year for Stern and pinball players.

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang where is the love for AS Pro?? At one time everybody was saying the Pro was the way to go and now nobody seems to be saying that, WTF? You guys are making it sound like the Pro is a Dog and it's giving me a complex bad!

The pro is not a bad dog. It is a less expensive, great looking dog that does one less trick.

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Has the game depth kept everyone's interest still now that it's been out a while, or has it become at all stale? Just curious as I was waiting for star wars, but I keep thinking of AS.

Sold Acdc and got AS and no regrets. May get MET down down the line soon. Been leaning more Borg lately over Ritchie.

If you add AS to your ACDC and MET that is one heck of a line up. So do it!

#3394 6 years ago

Yeah after letting my Acdc go and getting the surprise out of nowhere pin AS after playing it at TPF, I think I would like to get MET, get a ACDC back and would consider trading out my AS Pro for an AS Prem or LE???!!

Damn! It is getting complicated.

#3396 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Great problems to have. Loving my Aerosmith. Not getting much better at making shots though!

My life is hard. I was planning on volunteering to pick up Dirty Donnie at the airport Thursday and bring him to SFGE, but my wife just told me she is out of town and I need to stay home with the kids that night.

I still plan on partying with him though.

#3398 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Dude, I sure hope your wife isn't planning on going out that night to pick up Dirty Donnie at the airport and take him to SFGE!

#3457 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Finally played a pro today. What a fun and beautiful game. Waiting to see SW premium play, but would love an AS to.

I am going to have SW and AS side by side.

AS was an ok theme for me that I was not to excited about. I then played it in TX, enjoyed it and bought one.

SW is a top theme for me and bought a preorder and I am hoping the game will be great.

Quite different purchases for sure. I think AS is the best way to go about it really.

#3458 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is Cliffy making any Cliffy's for this game?

Stern stole some of their business with the scoop. Bastards!

Edit -Crank it up, record scoop that is.

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Doesn't love in an elevator have an unprotected scoop?

Yes. Cliffy for the lock shot also.

#3465 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For the lock shot, I would put Mylar in the sunken area and around the ledge.

Yes. I agree.

#3476 6 years ago

My friends wife played AS on the first day of SFGE at the Marco display and arranged to buy the demo take it home for him after the show.

What a gal!

1 week later
#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Game On !!!
Love that plastic art !

Nice collection! Congrats!

Yeah to me it AS is kind of a tough Borg game that does not take itself so serious and that makes it fun.

Like TWD, IM and MET are fun for me to play, but they are all soooooo intense. AS feels a lot more relaxing while playing than those others even if I have a bad game. My IM has me on edge.

I really think mixing up AS with IM, TWD, or MET is a good Borg balance. He is a great designer!

1 week later
#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I haven't played either game, but this looks to be better than metallica. Am i crazy or does this game not play quite as well? The ball lock in aerosmith is freaking amazing looking to me. And the play looks cool too. Anyone wanna chime in?

MET plays better, but AS is more fun.

#3589 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Dont we play pinball to have fun?

On Pinside I seriously doubt some folks here have much fun playing pinball or doing much of anything looking at their online personas, but heck yeah if a game isnt fun it is bye bye for me!

Fun is what pinball is all about for me!

4 weeks later
#3652 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Too bad Star Wars is, well, whatever it is.
I would have totally chosen SW over Aerosmith at a minimum or more likely SW in addition to Aerosmith.
Oh well, first world problems. Poor me only likes 1 current game enough to bring home
I'm getting super excited. Looks like next Wednesday I will complete my Aerosmith Pro order & then schedule delivery for the following Monday or Tuesday.
First NIB pinball for me. Cannot wait!

Congrats! AS is a fun game. Wasn't into AS on the release, played it, played again, one more time and bought one and have no regrets.

I am saying screw it and getting a SW. My friends and I will play the crap out of it so no worries on my end.

1 week later
#3730 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you want a "pick up and play" game or if you want a very deep, challenging game that will last a long time at home before you see the end, if ever. I didn't have Aerosmith long, but I was already to Medley mode. One more mode and the games finished. That's WAY too fast, and I would lose interest as I do once I've completed a pin. I've never completed all of Metallica, and so I keep coming back. That's why I'd recommend Met in a home over Aerosmith for a competent player.

To be fair and open I do not think you ever owned AS as your own when you say "I did not have AS long". Just to be clear. Or maybe you did own one?

I believe you help someone who has a route though and that is awesome. I feel you certainly know the ins and outs of a lot of games, rulewise and repairwise and are very helpful with information about any of them and that is cool of you. So definitely thank you for all your info and please keep it up.

I think that Met turned out to be one of the greats and AS is suprisingly better and more fun than anyone thought. I like AS better, but may lean more Met today to advise anyone on the fence because Stern will shut down MET by the end of the year and AS will be around for a while. Go Borg!

#3742 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Took me awhile to get there but now I can get it quite often. It's very achievable, you will see. The opening animation for that mode is epic and I love it every time I see it lol.

I put my Elevator MB on easy. I know. I know. Having too much fun with it to not see it more often with hitting those damn loops. FU Left loop! I always announce Elevator MB with Jacky doing his nerdy annoying voice.

#3752 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

On the Pro, I found Easy to be a bit too easy so I changed it back. One trick I found is that if you do a soft plunge, you can sometimes get one of the loops to register for Elevator. So that's a way to get a boost right off a launch. This helped me NEARLY get it last night on default settings.
Playing on Easy I got to it. You guys are right - it's a killer multi ball. The light show is insane.

Yes Elevator MB set on easy is too easy, but normal settings are too hard.

My vote is for more love than less love on my game.

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've really focused on getting Elevator on my Pro with default setting, and am starting to get ok at it. I can get it about once every 5-7 games, which I view as acceptable.
Also, is there any worse feeling that getting that "Game Over" screen followed by the toy box opening up and dropping out five balls to your non-active flippers?

Ha. The risk reward is.....well risk reward. 5 balls draining hurts.

One more game!

#3771 6 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Probably a not so bright question and I have searched a few times. What does the Jester in the pin have to do with Aerosmith or Stern or ??
Thank You

Jacky is kind of an evil, mocking toy playing off of "Toys In The Attic".

He is awesome. His toybox to start MB is the bomb.

#3785 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This game is difficult IMO.
Every shot is tight.
I cannot for the life of me consistently shoot anything besides the center ramp.
It took 99 games to get Elevator MB & a smart missle, which I think is what helped get me to Elevator MB.
My game must be tougher than everyone elses

It takes a while to start hitting shots on AS, but when you do........

If you are not a hyper competitive player who beats themselves up after each bad game, wants to just have
fun and likes the Elevator MB girl then put Elevator MB on easy in the settings. You have to hit a lot less loops which can be a B and you just have more fun playing.

Try it and once you are sick of the billion scoring you will consistently get them put EMB back to normal. Kidding!

#3787 6 years ago

Yeah. I think AS looks and plays kind of comical, light and fun, but it is still a Borg game for sure.

3 weeks later
4 weeks later
#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jackie’s jokes are a bit irritating. “Yo-yo? You’re a yo-yo!”
I liked hearing the bands voices in Metallica but it was pretty obvious they had no idea what context the phrases they were reading were going to be used in.

I think Jacky is great! He is supposed to be mocking and annoying. I think he does a lot better job of it than Sparky on MET.

What mode has a sock puppet come out and beat the crap out of Jacky and knock him out on the LCD? Love that one!

#3939 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Super Jacky Pot in Toys MB!
Phoebe

No wonder I don't remember where I saw it because I don't finish it very often, but love it when I do.

#3941 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just got it for the very first time today and was very proud of myself lol.
Oh, and I do love Jack.... even if he’s a cornball sometime.

Don't hate him because you suck at pinball!

1 week later
#4042 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

That's great news!
If I buy a Pro, I can add "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and think about Armageddon and the asteroid splitting up during 6 ball multi-ball.
Or not. (Still can't believe my wife picked that song for our first dance back in 2000.)

She could have picked Dude Looks Like a Lady.

Yeah to me AS is a little softer, more relaxing and fun version of MET. It was not on my radar, but it was my number 1 aftet playing at TPF, so I bought it. 5 of my local friends were the same way and played then bought it after I did and they all love it. The Artwork is off the charts good. Borg is the man. Enjoy it.

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kinda what I was thinking lol. That down vote there really had me scratching my head.

All my downvotes on your posts are phone swipes, so.....

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess that's meant to be sarcastic? If so and it makes you feel good then have at it.

Yes totally joking.

2 weeks later
#4086 6 years ago

$4k sounds like a great price. Buy it and play the crap out of it!

1 month later
#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I couldn't imagine not liking this game.

Well this is Pinside and folks love to talk and complain about what games they dont like, why they don't like parts of games and why games they like are better than what you like, so I am sure AS makes folks cranky and miserable also.

But yeah, AS puts fun into pinball and fun is why I play. Glad you enjoy it!

1 week later
#4143 6 years ago

Didn't Karl Urban, who played Bones, just do his voice for ST over the phone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 12.75
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.