You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#752 7 years ago

All I know is that now that it has an LCD screen, it better have a Revolution X video mode in it.

2 weeks later
#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What else should they do? You pull the post and everyone cries aboot their "free speech" or other nonsensical things.
Although Stern trolling customers aboot Kiss updates went a little far.

You have to address it and take the high road. Go read the Facebook comments on Target's, Best Buy's or Walmart's pages. They are almost painful to read. People bitch about EVERYTHING. Target's new swimsuit post in Jan. is especially entertaining. Those companies respond individually to each person and take the high road acknowledging the complaint (no matter how stupid it is) which shows other people reading it that they care. That is good enough for a lot of people as many just want to vent and know that they were heard. With social media marketing you learn very quickly to address complaints on your own Facebook page where at least you have a little control over what is shown, responded to and how your company is perceived. When you fail to address people on Facebook, they then take their complaints to places like Pinside where the company doesn't have any say and the issues just boil over out of control and then you get Change.org petitions, open letters, social media code campaigns and other sorts of extremes that shouldn't be necessary and make the company look much worse than if they had just addressed the original issue head on in the first place.

#1328 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't see how you can compare that to what was happening here.
We are talking about pinball (which has always been "irreverent"), and someone was complaining about themes. Themes! Sure, the response could have been a boring canned response like "we have many other themes to choose from, and we will have more to choose from in the future, hopefully one of those themes will appeal to you" but how fake and boring does that sound? Would that have appeased the obvious troll? Would it have made others think "that was a very professional response, great job Stern!"
I don't think so. I think the response was fine all things considered. If anything, give Stern credit for actually replying and not banning them.

I don't think it's about appeasing the troll, more like maintaining good public perception. That may be an obvious troll to you, but for others they may not make that connection, and when they see a snarky response they may get the impression that is how Stern treats their customers. When someone comes to their Facebook page trying to get information about potentially making a $5k-$10k purchase, that person wants reassurance that any issues or questions they have if they buy a game will be addressed and be addressed professionally.

#1334 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The other side would be, are people stopping going to Target, Walmart(s), or Best Buys? And if they are, (Best Buy?), is it because of social media?

Absolutely. Social media is just one of a plethora of reasons, but people will absolutely stop using retailers if they feel they are being mistreated or not being heard via social media. Likewise people on the fence about a company may avoid them altogether if they witness other people being mistreated in their eyes. Like I said before, many times people just want to vent and be acknowledged. Social media is the perfect place for that as it is very public and easily accessible. Give the customer the impression that you care (even if you don't) and you give them satisfaction then often they will give the business the benefit of the doubt. Plus any customers that don't have issues that are just coming to their Facebook page to research also get the reassurance that the company "cares" and if they have an issue they know that they will get acknowledgement too.

#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's where the disconnect is. You think social media for Stern is aboot having a conversation, I don't think the majority of companies see it that way. Mostly because they aren't "fucking Millennials."
EDIT: I mean don;t get me wrong I like all your responses.

That's awesome, power to the people! Now you can go by your underwear & TVs at another store. Where else you really gonna get a pinball machine? There are other places sure but not as regular, not nearly the units, and much more of a hassle.

Maybe you don't get a pinball machine at all but you get yourself some multicade instead and save a few thousand dollars. Remember that many of these people going to their Facebook page are not necessarily die hard pinball fans, they may just want something for the game room . There are a couple other options now too so it isn't like you couldn't get one somewhere else if you really really wanted one.

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and that ball lock sequence is the best one in a really long time.

I just hope it works correctly or they account for it not working in the code. Game is brand new and it missed firing the ball into the chest lock an awful lot in that video. Seems like it could be a Metallica / hammer situation all over again.

1 month later
#1960 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Hehehe. Yeah, I wish I would have known that trick when I played it on Monday. The GC score I put up... I was in Lonnie roadblock loops hell trying to requalify Elevator MB so I could get to the wizard mode. I must have played that MB 4 times that game... and failed to complete it EVERY time.

I just did the same thing last night. Everything qualified but Elevator MB. That sucked.

#1964 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just did the same thing last night. Everything qualified but Elevator MB. That sucked.

Another couple things I found out the hard way last night is that the bonus x multiplier maxes out the awarded value at 10x no matter what you have built up. Plus, bonus x hold does not work. I had a 23x bonus built up on ball 2 expecting about a 75 million bonus, plus for it to be held and neither happened.

It definitely looks/shoots great and is fun to play, but I could never own one unless some major changes were implemented. I was one MB completion away from the main wizard mode only 10 plays into the game. It just wouldn't hold my attention, especially for the dollars it commands. Seems like a perfect route game to me.

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How exactly should bonus be held? Should hold your entire bonus after multipliers and carry it to the next ball? Or should it hold only your base bonus before multipliers and carry that to the next ball? I think it should be the latter as that's how I remember most traditional pins being that have a hold bonus feature. I think, and I could be and probably am wrong, but I believe GOT and GB is the former which is why we see such high bonuses on those games when it's held.

Base bonus and multipliers should carry over like it traditionally has. I think GOT and primarily GB handle it wrong and the bonus gets way out of control on GB because of it. Currently Aerosmith does neither.

Also, has anyone else seen "Smart Missile Enabled"? It was in the dots format of the old school DMD screens. No idea how I got it or what it does. I think it was from a Mystery Award, but I could be wrong.

#1987 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The Pros are just starting to ship and you guys are already bashing on the code? Lol. It's nothing new for Stern or any of the companies right now........if you aren't the patient type just wait a year then see how it is.

I was hardly bashing on the code. Just pointing out a couple inconsistencies from what the game states should happen and what is actually happening so that they can hopefully be fixed. Game is fun to play as it sits and is a great route game right now, but for me personally it's currently nowhere near challenging enough for me to want in my gameroom. It just wouldn't keep my attention, and that's fine because I have never bought a NIB game and probably never will, so I am not Stern's target market anyway.

#2051 7 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Has AS alo a magnet to pull the ball?

No, it doesn't. Something people should keep in mind too is that many times the lock ball launch will miss the toy box on purpose because there are already too many balls in there. The game knows how many balls are locked regardless of whether or not they make it into the toy box and that is the most important thing to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.