You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldn't, but I do consider WWE...wonder how that stacks up?

How is the 2x started on the pro? The upper pf kicks it off on the premium which is cool. 100% pro all the way till I heard that. Now not so sure.

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldn't, but I do consider WWE...wonder how that stacks up?
</

3 weeks later
#1523 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Awesome! I love these sneak peeks with Jack.

Ive alwys like the JD preview plays. But the b66 one was laughable. Not his fault that he was previewing that pile of junk. Aerosmith should be a return to form.

1 week later
#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Jody wearing a Rogue One shirt on stream. Star Wars confirmed?

He wore a Star Wars shirt with millennium falcon on it ages ago with the GoT broadcast. Pretty sure he's just a good ol fashioned SW fan but it cracks me up how you guys read into things and analyse shit. He was drinking a coke too. A coke theme on the way?

You may be right, and I hope so, but it his shirt has nothing to do with it.

1 month later
#2170 7 years ago

Anyone know what the coins do?

#2209 7 years ago

A speaker upgrade question ?....

Has anyone upgraded to a bigger sub and had problems? Also what's the go with no headphone jack?

#2244 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I made a mistake - the Pinnovators Pinpac 4 Spike 2 system is shown that fits GB. Apparently there was a change in the spike 2 systems. There's a Spike 2-1 and a Spike 2-2 apparently. It's $120

Thanks for all the heads up info. Much appreciated

#2274 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gameplay it's a tie between Metallica and Aerosmith
Flow-Metallica
Toys-Aerosmith
Shots-tie
Aerosmith has some real kick ass ramps just like Metallica, but much tighter shots
The lower scoop got on Aerosmith is amazing tough shot and killer rewards.
The orbits on Aerosmith kick ass too
The TOY BOX is AMAZING as is the code it's not extremely deep but yes has a ton of stuff to do and it all flows great together

Agree (almost), plus the art is a seemingly impossible step up from Metallica but DD did it. Only thing slightly better on Met is in lines. Other than that AS wipes the floor with that game imho. AS is pure fun Met.... well it's a bit of a wood chopper and is missing That fun factor of Aerosmith. Met is the 1st nib I ever owned but I still don't see all the fuss behind that game.

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am very hard on code for stern and I'm usually on their case; not with this game it is awesome right out of the gate. Really their best game in a long long time; probably since Metallica.
Toy Box multiball is awesome get 6 balls going and then start hitting your shots and then ohh wait let's re lock 2 balls back in the toy box for triple scoring then get your multipliers lit for 2 x shot and go for the super jackpot to really get your score rocking. Hopefully you just cranked up a mode like walk this way too before you got that toybox rocking ohh wait your not done because you can also get a super mode lit too in the process; that's how bad azz the rules are in Aerosmith; it really is LONNIES MASTERPIECE
Love in elevator mball is well just very slick and bad azz also and pretty hard to get too.
This game is SICK at the price point too it is way better then all the other overpriced stuff out there.

I'm still working mine out. So can you clarify the advantage to locking more balls for toys multiball and also the multipliers. Cheers

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

When I went from 3 ball to 4 ball multiball (Jackie pronounces "Mul - Tye - Ball") my scores went up a lot. I had said earlier in a post I'd rather have 2 x 3 multiball rather than 1 x 6 multiball but I was wrong. My guess is scores are multiplied more with more balls. Good strategy to go for at least 4 ball multiball over 3 ball unless you're on you're last ball.

Cool thanks. So a definite point increase like mustang. What about locking back in the box during tb multiball does that throw into action jackpot shot multipliers?

#2294 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yes if you relock one ball then scores are doubled and if you Relock 3 balls then scores are tripled

That is pretty darn cool. By the way AS iscnothing like KISS

#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, when you start with a good base (KISS) and spend almost two years polishing it, that's not surprising.
The system settings slipup is just confirmation of what everyone suspected. If you've spent time with KISS, the overall similarities are overwhelming.

Agreed but for whatever reason it plays nothing like KISS. Ive owned most modern Sterns and aside from acdc this is my fav. Met is a woodchopper and is more of a competitors pin to me due to lyman. Usually your pushing crap up hill when telling people it aint the best game but to me i see nothing fun about it. AS oozes fun pinball action. Maybe next to each other they may not be a bad mix.

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Remove yours and you will see. Pops are more random. I had it shoot out of the pops and right in to the lock.

I can see the advantage there but I still prefer that the jets keep the ball in that orbit lane longer with a possibility of it firing back up to advance elavator mb. With taking away the post I think you're adding to one thing but taking away from another. Personal choice I guess.

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Just want to confirm doing this is awesome!

Sounds like it would asist for toys locks but im still not sold. I tried it and i would rather keep it in the orbit lane longer with a possible elevator assist which is what i think Borg had in mind. Still think its adding one way but also taking away from another.

One of the appeals for me is the difficulty of that toys lock shot. No fun in being able to more easily farm out multiballs all day. Im leaving it the way it was designed but hey its personal taste.

2 weeks later
#2667 7 years ago

What's the go with walk this way mode? I finish the shots in time and it just keeps counting down. Code bug?

#2677 7 years ago

I've got problems with the 2 front speakers cutting in and out. The distro has explained a new SD card will fix the issue. Doesn't cut in Or out while the game is on, it either comes on with power up or sometimes doesn't. More often it doesn't. Just a small hiss through the fronts with no sound, sub is always fine. Thoughts?

#2680 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

At MGC I got to play both the pro and premium side by side.
I am leaning pro. But as a friend noted it seem lit a bit harsher than the premium. After further comparison. I see they used colored LEDs for the GI in some places.
Does anyone know what style brand would be comparable? Anyone mapped out what color is where?

Purples and red with the whites gives the pro an Le look with gi

#2685 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Like some others have done already we removed the stupid post between the pop bumpers that keeps the ball from getting out of the left orbit area.
Game play is much better without that post.
Loving this game.
Now if we can just get some more good code that adds some skill shots, and some deeper rules like Metallica, this game will be over the top.

Possibly something more with the skillshot and maybe another mb. Aside from that the more simplistic rules is what makes this game fun. I couldn't think of anything worse for this game than turning it into another Met woodchopping fest. Most fun 90's b/w games that everyone raves about don't have super deep rules. Sometimes a deep ruleset just doesn't fit the game.

Some like that post out. Personally I think it makes it too easy to farm out toybox multiballs all day. Keeping the ball in that lane longer can assist elevator mb and complete the saddle super. It's just adding in one area and taking away from another imo.

#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

To each his own.
We have played the game for two weeks now with the post out and have not noticed any easier Toybox multiballs.
In fact now the ball can go back into the left orbit now instead of always popping back into the toy box area all the time.

Yeah it's all personal preference and I see what your saying but when I've removed it it really doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe it's my games pitch. Most guys on here though who have removed say it makes it easier to go in the lock.

2 weeks later
#2976 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Totally agree. Especially on this last comment. If there's too many balls in the lock when you hit the lock shot; just do a virtual lock and put the ball back in play - don't fling it at jackys head. It's cute, and I get it, but it takes away from the flow of the game.

I'm cool with that feature. Yeah it's a gimmick and a waste of time but name one game that doesn't do something similar whether it's a light show or extended call out etc. I welcome the short break. Not everything is about continual flow

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So what song(s) play during the wizard mode? I made medley once but background was so loud and game so quiet I couldn't tell.

Don't think there is a medley "reward" song coded in yet. I can forgive that as it's still one of if not the best out of the box Stern I've played in recent memory.

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah it was up the ramp, then back down. Each time.
I was impressed with the game but kind of cautious that it's a one trick pony with toy box multiball.
Also that lock shot is crap. It's all about bouncing in off the bumpers. Also the toy box lock only worked about 1/2 the time.

It ain't no one trick pony. The ball locks don't work for a lot of reasons... all by design. The lock shot is a very satisfying shot imo.

#3017 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The BIG difference is that MET does not have dedicated dots or inserts for the songs like AS does.
Rob

Important point. Possibly some new song integration with a mini wizard mode or another mb. I still prefer like acdc the songs linked to a mode not just olaying the background for the sake of it.

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Theme and aesthetics for Aerosmith are a no brainer. Win. Rules and longevity are where I'm not convinced it will hold up.

For somebody who's clearly not a fan your giving this thread a lot of time and the game too it seems. Me, if I don't like a game I don't really play it and I don't bother posting on those threads. Interesting...

4 months later
#3935 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jackie’s jokes are a bit irritating. “Yo-yo? You’re a yo-yo!”
I liked hearing the bands voices in Metallica but it was pretty obvious they had no idea what context the phrases they were reading were going to be used in.

Would rather hear Jackie over Lars.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.