You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jathomp22.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1788 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

bug code ?
ok, as a player i've watched the DEAD FLIP stream to already learn rules & gameplay (which again is really Lonnie classic)
now, my son get a ask, i may have missed an explanation :
about the lock & the box, while playing with more than 1 player :
we logically understand that box will close to (not) get the jump-ball if there's already a ball locked in the box (by a previous player), and this until number of lock will be OK with number of balls already in the box...
question :
let's admit player 1 will lock 5 balls (and didnt "takes" his multiball), than ball drain...
up to player 2 : this player lock 1 ball (which than dont go in the box), than lock ball 2 (same), than lock ball 3 (same), than he choose to start his multiball 3-balls... he will than get 1 ball already on the playfield, and as its a real lock in the box, the 5 balls already locked in it, thats 6 balls on the playfield...
HOUSTON, we have a problem !?

In a multi player game, they probably never let more than 2 balls in the box at a time and auto launch the rest. Or what would be better yet if player 1 locked in 5 but didn't start multi-ball, you could steal their locked balls for yourself if your next up and can start a multiball and you would go from a 3 to 6 ball multi-ball b/c they failed to start it.

3 weeks later
#1914 7 years ago

For those that have seen a pro, does the left scoop have a cliffy on it? The pro flyer shows a cliffy on that scoop. Just wondering if they come from the factory that way now.

2 weeks later
#2166 7 years ago

If someone can take a picture of the trough kickout for Aerosmith and post it here, I would appreciate it. Need to figure out which cliffy to order. Also, has anyone played an Aerosmith with a shaker motor in it? How was it? Thanks, Jason

3 weeks later
#2536 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok so i keep seeing le owners mentioning red ,blue and white color coordinated gi like met and acdc? Is this true in the since that it does all one color in certain modes ? Or is it just red, white and blue bulbs in general in the gi ? If its like met and acdc i believe its the first spike system to do this. From videos it looks like the bulbs are not independently controlled like met or acdc.....?

There shouldn't be any color changing GI or different colored bulbs on the LE or premium for GI. They didn't list any in the feature matrix like Kiss or Metallica's. If they did have them, I'm sure Stern would have included something on the feature matrix about it. According to the Aerosmith feature matrix you get 6 extra color changing inserts from the upper playfield but the GI is the same on the pro/premium/le.

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'm looking for advice on strategy too. I love my AS Pro, but find some modes like Sweet Emotion, damn near impossible. There's like 15 shots to hit. Even with a scoop shot to activate crank it up (which isn't a gimme either) it's only 30 more seconds one time during the mode.
After my times up I think it resets and its rinse and repeat, so like 1 minute to hit 15 shots? Maybe I'm missing something because I thought, on occasion, after a mode ended I could restart and maintain progress.
Still under a week of ownership, but I find it difficult. The shots seem easy enough but not to repeat....15 times.
Any hints on strategy to score big points.

The only adjustments I've made so far is to increase the Sweet Emotion timer to 60 seconds. If I find I'm finishing it to much, I'll lower it back down. I've only had the medley lit twice so far and missed both times.

#2681 7 years ago

Has anyone written up the rules for each song yet? I'm trying to figure it out as I go but it would be nice to read though some rules. Like Sweet Emotion has 4 lit shots to start and once they are hit then 8 more shots light and needs to be completed within the timer or you have to start all over. If you drain, the timer and shots carry over to the next ball. I've tried following other songs but things seem to change. Like Rats in the cellar doesn't always start with the same shot. Some songs the bumpers move the shot. A few basically take one shot to finish. Dude Looks like a lady appears to move the 2 shots left. Then if you hit one they move back to the right and so on.

#2759 7 years ago

I was playing this weekend and was one song away from Medley so I figured I would just craddle the ball to get to Medley but the timer stopped counting down. Has anyone else seen this or did I just have one to many beers? Does Aerosmith not let you craddle the ball and timeout songs? As soon as I shot the safest middle ramp shot, it started counting down again.

2 weeks later
#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There are "Smart Bombs" that you can use to get any major lit shot - but they are only handed out as mystery awards currently, and not very often. They definitely should make someway to acquire the Smart Bombs. Possibly making the "Lock" skill shot would be a good way to award "Smart Bombs".

Maybe the second collection of Aerosmith on a ball should light 2X shots and give you a Smart Bomb.

1 week later
#3164 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Before I bought my AS I was concerned about chipping clear, dimples, and ghosting inserts . After setting it up and spending 6 weeks playing I don't even care if it dimples, ghosts, or minor chips . Forgot to even look , It is so much fun to play I reallly don't care . Funny , some of my pins I'm real picky about keeping pristine , concerned about resale value, some I just play. AS I just play, and it's always a huge hit with groups of folks over on the weekends, gets played the most by far . Gets played by general folks much more than my STpro.
That said, I did put a brace in the cabinet corners , splitting would be bad, and took the prevenrative route on that .
No regrets on this one, can't say I'll have it forever, but really love getting to know it , would sell my older WMS games before I let it go.
On the fence ? Tough to pull the trigger w/o playing one, but glad I did . I do love the art, music, and colors though, so it was an easy choice for me.

My clear coat chipped after 70 plays in the lock shot but it doesn't even bother me. Maybe it will if I ever get rid of it But it's still one of the funnest pins I've played in awhile. It has everything going for it. I've wanted a music pin again for awhile now and ACDC premium prices got ridiculous so AS pro was an easy choice for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.75
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jathomp22.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=jathomp22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.