You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 7 years ago

Just ordered a Pro. This will be my first NIB pin and will join my current lineup of Austin Powers, Space Shuttle, No Fear, and Grand Lizard. Pretty stoked for this to arrive.

2 weeks later
#1491 7 years ago

I called Stern to specifically ask them about other songs and wizard modes. They told me the machine that was at CES was a pre-production machine with unfinished code. While he didn't specifically confirm a Dream On wizard mode, he hinted at a code update near official launch that would address all of these questions.

#1538 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My fear is not code based but mechanical. Someone stated that the balls were not jumping into the toy chest properly.

I think there might be some confusion from some people not knowing how the game actually works. If the "lock is lit" mode isn't enabled and you shoot a ball into the lock zone, the game still launches the ball in the air, only 1/4th the way. To someone not aware this would seem like a faulty launch, when in fact this is by design.

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Magnets, schmagnets. Who's ready for Jack Danger's stream later today!

You are going to have to be very patient....

"Aerosmith live gameplay stream will be on Friday, Feb 10 @ Stern."

1 week later
#1745 7 years ago

Has anyone confirmed that Dream On is the sing choice for the final wizard mode?

#1751 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there even a wizard mode?

Well according to Stern, yes. I called Stern about 2 weeks ago and they confirmed a wizard mode and also stayed code wasn't finished. But they wouldn't say what song was tied to wizard mode.

2 weeks later
#1835 7 years ago

We still don't have any confirmation yet if the wizard mode includes Dream On, correct?

#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

This game rocks. I'm a Kiss fan, this game blows Kiss away. I don't own any Aerosmith records and never been to a Aerosmith concert. Lonnie Ropp did a great job so far on code. Art package is amazing. Animation well put together and yes they changed the jesters voice.

What code are you running that has a different voice on the jester?

1 week later
#1971 7 years ago

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

1 week later
#2098 7 years ago

Pinball Gallery launch party & tournament is being streamed live. Details below.

1 week later
#2179 7 years ago

Could someone please PM me with a contact for a Stern distributor who:

1. returns calls in a timely fashion during the week (24 hours)
2. returns emails in a timely fashion during the week (24 hours)

I've tried on two occasions to place an order for this machine with no luck. Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#2334 7 years ago

Does the elevator kickout go SDTM? If yes, what is everyone doing to adjust this?

#2424 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Same as Transformers ?

Correct.

#2451 7 years ago

Does Aerosmith have adult language in the game?

#2605 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

All details are in the attached flyer. The full address is 147 Paysan Lane, Magnolia DE 19962. 7pm until whenever???
Please RSVP if you want to join the fun!

#2679 7 years ago

My Pro is set to be delivered today!

#2717 7 years ago

Unboxed my Premium last night that came with 1.02 installed. First time ever doing a firmware update on a pinball machine, and I'm not having any luck. I've downloaded the file from Stern called "aerosmith_le-1_03_0.spk.zip", however when I go to extract it I get an error saying the file is either damaged or unknown. So I then downloaded "aerosmith-1_03_0.spk.zip" and I get the same error. When I preview the files inside the zip, I only see one file, yet the instructions state there should be 2 files. What am I missing?

#2724 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Unzip the files, should be two, and make sure your thumb drive has no other files on it. Most come with preloaded proprietary software these days. You need to delete anything else on the drive.

Thumb drive is blank and freshly formatted. It seems as if the file coming from Stern is already corrupted.

#2726 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe try a different thumb drive? Shouldn't have to "format" the drive. I don't get my pin until tuesday. I'll try and download and see what i get.

The thumb drive isn't the issue. I downloaded the zip file to my PC and I'm trying to extract it on my PC first, then copy the 2 files over to the USB stick. I'm unable to extract the file at this point.

#2729 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Try extracting to you computer first. Then move to thumb drive.
Right click on file go to properties and click "unblock" if it has the button. Could be flagged for anti virus review. Also check to make sure antivirus isn't scanning the file still befor you extract. Keep everything on your local hdd until ready to copy to thumb drive.</blockquote

Already tried all of the above. Still get damaged file. Even tried downloading to another PC, same error.

#2733 7 years ago

Update, I downloaded a 3rd time from another PC and the files extracted fine. Not sure what the issues were earlier.

#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I was playing this weekend and was one song away from Medley so I figured I would just craddle the ball to get to Medley but the timer stopped counting down. Has anyone else seen this or did I just have one to many beers? Does Aerosmith not let you craddle the ball and timeout songs? As soon as I shot the safest middle ramp shot, it started counting down again.

I'm pretty sure my No Fear does the same thing during its modes. If you cradle the ball, the timer stops until you hit something at which point it starts counting down again.

#2771 7 years ago

I received my special 1 of 1 PROmium edition on Friday. It came with 1.02 code installed. When locking a ball on code 1.02 the jester would freeze during the animation sequence and if I recall correctly the toy box would close and then the ball would fire over at the closed toy box. Yes, it still registers the locked ball. So I assumed a code update would fix this. I updated the code yesterday and the problem is still there. Is this a known bug that still exists in 1.03 code?

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

What has happened to Stern AS production? I ordered one from our distributor 4 weeks ago and still may not get it for another 2 weeks...
...patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...

Distributors are moving a ton of AS's. Also, some shipments might be delayed because people who have ordered Pro's are getting Premiums instead(like me). I just hope the guy who ordered a Premium doesn't receive a Pro

2 weeks later
#3070 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

AS Prem in the house, 2 weeks old, 98 plays, and lost node 8. Got a bit flaky with flippers and lights going dead and back on for the last few games, and now no feature lights or coils (Node 8 and all the downstream 8a, 8b, etc).
Have folks had node 8 board failures still going bad frequently? I saw problems posted on GoT LE about a year ago with node 8 failing quite often, but that seemed to have died down. I have a Got LE with 500 plays and never had a problem.
Node 8 seem to get flaky after turning down the throwing coil from 220 to 210. Not sure how that would even matter - but there it is.
I will call Stern Monday, but it sucks going into a party for the weekend to have it fail Friday at 6pm.

I have a premium with 600 plays. No issues.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Playing a pro on route and trying to figure out if I want to get a pro but not sure how the game is supposed to play.
Does the spinner stop a lot of what seem like good orbit shots? I would say 4 out of 10 shots get stopped by the spinner.
A lot of times the elevator kicks the ball down the middle. (usually get a ball save)
On a slow plunge that falls down the right orbit, does it make it to the right flipper or does it hit the top of the sling?
The pops seem to stop a lot of shots to the left orbit but I wouldn't call them quality shots that the spinner is stopping.
Do you guys have you outposts up or down?
Would really like to see more champion scores for the modes or multi-balls like on GB.
Thanks.

Just got done playing a PRO at the arcade. Here are my answers.

1. Spinner played fine for the most part, 1-2 got hung up
2. Elevator kicks to left flipper which I let dead bounce over to the right flipper every time with no issues or worries of SDTM
3. Soft plunge that comes back down to the PF hit the center of the right sling every time, even with me nudging and slapping the game. The sling fired it over towards the scoop almost every time.
4. Pops didn't really come into play during my 4-5 games
5. Outposts were up.

#3211 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Another thing I've struggled with is how to handle the left scoop kick-out. Normally on a game like this I would do a drop catch, live catch, or dead bounce. None of those things has worked very well for me on Aerosmith. I've finally settled in on hitting it on the fly with the aim of hitting the right ramp. I probably make it only about 30-40% of the time.

I have a Premium and initially I was holding my flipper up to catch the ball and 95% of the time the ball bounced off the flipper and right down the left outlane with no chance to save. I have since put Titan rubbers on my flipper and now the ball bounces all the way back up to the AER targets next to the scoop. Problem solved

#3216 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sooooo your Pro that turned into a premium? How did that all work out?

I still have it. Nothing happened. Distro just let it go.

#3229 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just tested on my LE, and doesn't hit the top of the right sling - not even close.

Correct. The Pro feeds it differently. My Premuim feeds it right to the flipper.

#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure what you mean by "into play". Pops are very active on right loop shot, missed left loop, and in the area under toy box (i.e. top of the pops). It's a nice touch that the top of the pops are exposed and provide some randomness to the main pf (not just within the pops).
Unless you mean, they are not coded with random awards like GB/got? In which case The pops are the supers for one of the songs. They also rotate the next shot for some songs.

Meaning I stayed out of the pops. I never do a full plunge to avoid the random exits out of the pops, always a short plunge. I've had plenty of SDTM and straight to the right outanes when balls exit the pops, so I avoid them as much as possible and only shoot the left orbit when I have to light the flashing insert.

#3239 6 years ago

I spy....

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3241 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lift the prongs, wrap electrical tape around the base once, put prongs back. Mine never come out again after I do this.

Where did yours come from?

#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Players 1 locks 5 balls. Player 2 qualifies their first lock by hitting the trunk. Lights the lock. Hits the lock.
Trunk won't open, but the insert for 1 locked ball will light.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Bonus is if player two starts a 3 ball multiball and there are already 5 in the box.
Does that help?

This is the same philosophy for the Elevator multiball that allows you to play more than 3 balls when triggered.

1 week later
#3381 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Has the game depth kept everyone's interest still now that it's been out a while, or has it become at all stale? Just curious as I was waiting for star wars, but I keep thinking of AS.

Not stale. Still exciting and frustrating each and every time. Got my machine 4/22, has over 800 plays on it. It's part of a 7 game collection for what it's worth.

3 weeks later
#3564 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Greetings everybody. A new problem with my Aerosmith Pro cropped up today. Wondering if anyone else has seen this:
When the ball goes into the Toy Box a new ball no longer gets launched into the shooter lane. I have to wait for a ball search to eject the ball from the toy box to resume play.
I sent stern a message asking what I should do as I already checked the connections, boards, ran diagnostics, etc.
On arrival a few months ago, both node boards were defective and had to be replaced, as well as one burned up solenoid for the Toy Box (which was caused by the node board). Since then it has been working fine. I'm thinking another loopy node board has called it quits. My game is HUO and does not get any abuse, and it's in a nice cool environment with a dehumidifier in the room to keep the moisture down. Thanks. Cy

I just saw this same exact thing yesterday at the local arcade. Games are put in place by Beston, so the local arcade owner isn't fixing it, gotta wait for Beston to make a trip this week to the beach. The arcade did get Dialed In this weekend, got to play about 6 games on it. Looking forward to going back and playing it some more.

#3577 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi Everybody. Just wanted to mention that Comet is now selling glare guards for the new LCD screens. I got one for Aerosmith and really happy with it. Obviously Invisiglass and similar glass are the bomb, but this was a low cost solution to eliminate the reflection of the VDU on the back of the play field. Cy

Got pics since the website doesn't have any?

#3581 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Being a new Aerosmith owner. I have a question about the rules that I've noticed. Do y'all think this is a bug or how it is supposed to play?
With most all songs that I've noticed (besides Multiball songs) it seems like if the timer runs out I'm either awarded with completing the song if I hit Crank It Up or "change track" is lit I can at least play the same song again and continue my progression towards completing the song where I left off before the timer ran out.
EXCEPT if I pick Sweet Emotion. It's like I have to start the mode all over again and I loose all of my pie pieces I previously earned for that song. Is it me? Or does it that not seem right?
Your thoughts?

It's by design. You have to complete Sweet Emotion. If not, it resets when you start the song again.

1 month later
#3683 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

After sw, I wonder if the ghosting on Aerosmith is also present?

No ghosting issues here.

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Pondering an Aerosmith Pro, was curious as to how family friendly it was? I was playing it earlier today on location, and was really digging it. I thought I heard Jacky (is that his name?) yell "What the f***?" Did I just imagine that? Is there a family mode on it? Didn't see anything in the manual, was kinda curious about this.
Thanks so much, really appreciate the help!

AS is safe and family friendly. There is an adult speech setting in the game, and I currently have mine on but I don't believe Jacky says any bad words ever.

#3699 6 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Yes he does....as posted above.
Not very often though

Interesting. I'll have to listen more closely.

1 week later
#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah the left orbit is a tough one for sure lol. What's the difference when you put it on easy? Elevator multiball is such a great multiball!

Less loops required.

4 weeks later
#3845 6 years ago

code is coming (resized).jpgcode is coming (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3967 6 years ago

My home games are setup tournament style, therefore lower scores. EB's are turned off(way to easy to get EB's on Aerosmith), and tilt is very tight. Not quite PAPA tight, but Als not far from it. That said, my high at home is 251M on that setup.

On location at Beach Arcade I believe my high is around 420M

4 weeks later
#4079 6 years ago

marshall (resized).jpgmarshall (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4103 6 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

yes, it would be great if they made a new code one of these years. i think the last one was march. i would like to see the action button do something other than stop multiball.

The action button currently launches smart missiles, although minuscule, it happens.

#4116 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Sounds like a knocker when the score is reached just not when there is a match. What menu setting is it?
Thanks

It's code. It doesn't react to a match.

#4118 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe I’m wrong then. I turn mine off as soon as I set the game up. Most newer Sterns have a screeching noise that comes through your speakers.

You are correct. That is the typical noise for a match but it's missing from AS just like the outlanes having no sound.

1 month later
#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Are these Marshall speaker grills homemade or available online somewhere? can't find them. thanks

Not sure, I just reposted from an earlier post.

#4159 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a headphone jack in this pinball? I didn't see one where there is one in GB?
Also, where do you run the wires out of the pinball to the subwoofer?

No headphone jack by default. As for a sub, wires go out of the back of the can where the screen covers are. Screen be lifted without removing or cutting screen. Slide wire through and hook up to sub. Then crank it up!

3 weeks later
#4160 6 years ago

We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS. We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer...

1 week later
#4172 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m not that good maybe someday.
Anyone know the rules for earning lit extra balls? Seems like one pops up after a few modes started. But I think I’ve earned 3 in one game... but not sure how.

1. Once you start song #3 the EN will light.

2. Mystery Jacky shots. Once you hit a certain number it will light the EB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.