You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

A little news of of replay fx. Lyman didn't confirm the title, but said he had more time to code this game than any other pre release and he said he thought the game was going to be awesome. Of course, I wouldn't expect him to say it was terrible, but Lyman is my favorite person coding games and it's great to know he's had a lot of time on the game already.

Since Lyman is coding, the style of the artwork along with whether Stern fixes the playfield ghosting problems will decide whether this game sells at all. Nobody wants a bunch of hand drawn or clip art of androgynous shriveled old men.

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like to pop in here every month and remind people that nobody, and I mean NOBODY gave a crap about Metallica... until they saw it.
Aerosmith - regardless of quality - is a much more mainstream band with very well known songs.
If rumors are true and this is Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie and first color Stern display, a lot of haters are going to be whipping out their wallets.

It just seems that metal heads are more boisterous in the pinball hobby than other types of rock. More mainstream forms of rock don't seem to get much hype in the pinball community, at least not on Pinside.

A combination of Aerosmith, Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie and first color Stern display may get me to buy eventually only if the playfields are not defective and the gameplay is good.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's because you can't really get hyped about a whitebread band like Aerosmith.

Not sure what you mean. I would say Aerosmith is much less "whitebread " (your racist word) than Metallica and AC/DC. Remember "Walk this Way" with Run DMC?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whitebread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosmith

"Aerosmith is an American rock band, .......Their style, which is rooted in blues-based hard rock"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues

"Blues is a genre[2] and musical form originated by African Americans in the Deep South of the United States around the end of the 19th century. The genre developed from roots in African-American work songs and European-American folk music."

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I hope "whitebread" has not become a racist word.
In my time, it always meant something that was very plain or generic.

Under that definition the same could be said for almost all metal groups.

There are only a handful of bands/musicians in each genre of modern music that actually are not majorly derivative while also not selling out.
Any band on a pinball machine will fail one or both.

5 months later
#1513 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They always do pros first

Not with Avengers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.