You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

This seems doesn't seem like a very good license to me. Have a hard time believing it's for real.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

They already did. KISS is in stereo. Plus a sub channel.

Well, I'm still outraged.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's funny how different people had different reactions to the same video.
Many of my black friends would play me mix tapes where black artists would rap over classic rock songs - without the permission of the original artist, of course.
I would nod that it was clever, but I did not want the rap versions poisoning my memory of the original rock song.
Then I remember watching in disbelief when I saw that Aerosmith was COMPLICIT in having their music forever tainted by RunDMC.
I hung my head, one of my favorite classic rock bands had completely sold out

The RUNDMC version is BETTER than the original. And it wasn't a sellout, at the time it was actually a daring and pioneering collaboration.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It was not some collaboration like RunDMC and Aerosmith were friends hanging out drinking and swapping licks.
Rick Rubin was in the studio producing RunDMC and wanted a crossover hit to make white kids listen to rap.
When Rubin first played the track to RunDMC, they had never even heard of the song.
At first RunDMC hated the idea, but Rubin swayed them over with visions of $$$$$ if they could crossover.
The rest is sellout history.

You are completely wrong about RUNDMC. They knew about the aerosmith song as they had rapped over the breakbeat many times. DMC thought the name of the band was "Toys in the Attic." And yeah, it was Rubin's idea. A great idea, which he had a lot of back then.

I don't really know how a corporate rock juggnernaught like Aerosmith - who had already sold out with a reunion tour a couple years earlier despite the fact that they hated each other and were not yet sober - sold out with the RUNDMC thing. Aerosmith have always been sellouts and were desperate to become huge again. The RUNDMC thing helped drag them out of the gutter and make it happen.

It is pretty funny seeing the reactions on this, and that not much has really changed since it came out...it was well documented at the time that people were PISSED about the remake. Old white rock fans mostly, especially in Boston. So the radio stations all stopped playing it because their old white listeners were all pissed. Until of course everybody started begging them to play it again.

I prefer the remake as it's much more interesting and higher energy.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rapping over a breakbeat is not actually knowing a song.
That would be like rapping to Loc's "Wild Thing" means you know "Jamie's Cryin'" by VanHalen .
Rubin has said in many interviews that the band did not know the song, did not know the lyrics, and initially did not want to do the track.

They were familiar with the song. Not sure what the difference is.

And your ton loc analogy is terrible. They "knew" (in the biblical sense) "Walk this way" before recording the cover version.

Wild Thing was recorded after Jamie's Cryin.

Not sure what the history of the song has to do with the quality of it. A lot of stuff RUNDMC did want to do, like their 1990 album Back in Hell, was absolutely terrible.

Rubin had a great idea and the execution was stellar, which is why the 1987 version of Walk This Way is now the definitive version. In fact when Aerosmith plays it today, that's the version they do.

Quoted from Hougie:

Man, Rubin is a sellout king isn't he?

Guy was a hit factory, and at one point did a lot of fantastic work. These days he sucks ass and is a terrible producer. For many acts he's barely in the room these days and his underlings do most of the "producing."

6 months later
#587 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Like someone else said, this confirmation of DD doing Aerosmith at least means the Iron Maiden pin maybe, might, possibly have Derek Riggs for the art. Fingers crossed.

Could Derek riggs even do that, legally?

I don't think so. He's out of the maiden game and not on friendly terms with the band.

2 months later
#670 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Seems like they have more games with unfinished code than what they currently have in lineup for NIB purchasing. I can't imagine a car manufacturer being able to put out 4-6 vehicles in a 2 year period all with 1/2 finished code in the vehicle computers.

Not sure if you realize this but pinball machines aren't cars and your "cargument" is a bit of a fallacy. Your false analogy makes no sense.

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty sure Arcades point was that there will be leaked crappy photos of the entire game posted online once the event starts.
Releasing professional photos in order to announce your latest and greatest on your own media sources would make far more sense than the usual leaked images and blurry video footage method of announcement.
I genuinely wish Stern had better guys in their marketing positions it would easily make a huge positive change for Stern and pinball, there simply is no marketing at all from Stern, we know where to look but non pinheads probably never see a Stern flyer Year to Year seems like missed opportunity to me.

Yeah yeah everybody is an expert.

Stern is rolling out Batman66. They are "teasing" Aerosmith. These guys know what they are doing. What would a full, 10 Megapixel photospread official release today of Aerosmith really do for them? They are already selling 5 other games right now.

They'll get just as much "community" buzz with a few crappy pictures from the show.

#735 7 years ago

Pinside = It's both the most awesome thing and the shittiest thing I've ever seen!

LOL@ the elevator, that's cute. Looks cool to me can't wait to play it. Very reminiscent of KISS.

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so, very KISSish in layout?

Yep. With a ripoff of the WOZ upper playfield on the premium.

I don't really care about this shit anymore. There's only so many ways to lay out elements on a playfield and they've all been used in the last 50 years. This game looks like a fun game in the Metallica/Kiss vein.

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nah, tho.
Stern is terrible at controlling the conversation around their product launches. That's a thing that they REALLY need to tighten up. I know for a fact that leaks cause them to panic and they really do try hard to keep the lid on until an official announcement. Problem is...they're super bad at it.
They need to figure out how to get the official word out ahead of the leaks. Rumors are fine to a degree and can actually be a good thing at times, but uncontrolled leaks are almost always bad.

old news bro. It's out now.

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Looks like MetalliKISS on the pro and KISSWOZ on the LE/premium. Should play fast. Just a quick knee-jerk reaction...I like the look of the pro more. Mini playfields are generally less rewarding than good flow unless they're very cleverly integrated into the game (TSPP, for example).
Can't wait to try it. Again, it looks to be a fast and flowy shooter.

And another game with some LE features/miniplayfield just crowbared in. Looks another winner Pro to me. At this point the LE/Premium buyers are subsidizing the pros for everybody else.

#758 7 years ago

Uh-oh...and the upset special...

Sparky 2 dumps 6 balls at once like the IJ ark. Cause we all loved IJ so much!

I kid I kid! Well I don't. But I Kid!

It's Aero-IJ-Kiss-Woz!

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Gameplay video on Stern's FB page.

Oh shit!

I can't wait to view it and bitch about it. Heading over there now...

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Location players love that shit ! IJ is the highest grossing game at my local barcade.

OK.

Do YOU love that shit?

LCD stuff looks good in the video. The band reminds me of Simpsons Aerosmith lol

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me or are all these games looking the same?

60 years of playing pinball will do that for ya.

It's been said but there's only so much shit you can do. And if you go completely off the reservation like Baby Pacman or Pin2K - or Woz for that matter - it usually kinda sucks.

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Approximate street prices:
PRO = $5195
PREMIUM = $6995
LE = $8295
MSRP compared to Ghostbusters:
PRO = +$200
PREMIUM = +$300
LE = +$200

Is this real or made up?

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My distro offered $5199 for a pro, so not made up.

So the meltdown thread last month was because prices are going up $200?

Jeez. That's not a big deal, especially considering everybody gets the LCD screen they've been lusting after for all these years.

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Biggest limiting factors for modern Sterns are 1) mandatory Italian bottom with virtually no variation. So many hundreds of ways to have fun with this area

I would disagree with this. I don't know what an "italian bottom is" exactly - at least outside a gay bar - but there are actually VERY FEW variations on the lower playfield that are any good. That's why Steve Ritchie games are always the same down there. Don't get cute - messing around down there can easily ruin a game.

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Hoping to see a Features Matrix on this game soon. the pro looks really great so far!

Hope no more. It was posted like 5 pages ago.

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

WOF got away with not using a mandatory Italian bottom and I think it made it a much more exciting game because of the extra nudging possibilities. I'm surprised they haven't tried doing that again.

You are surprised? They sold like 20 of those and never even bothered finishing it up.

People love tight, hot Italian bottoms. There's a reason the vast majority of pinball machines made in the last 30 years are like that - it's what players like.

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Virtually every classic Bally SS had a non-standard (Italian) bottom. It's a big part of what makes them so beloved IMO. You have to work at new and unique flipper skills and nudging strategies on every table. Some of my favorites are the lower left "Beasts Lair" pop on Paragon, the inlane save gates with nudging posts on Centaur, the scissor flippers on Harlem, and on and on.

These wacky arrangements don't work well with ramp games, which is exactly why they disappeared.

When they try it nowadays it sucks. I know WOZ has it's fans but I didn't like the layout at all. And pretty much everybody hated WOF when it came out.

Stern is doing the right thing. Keep it simple down low like the players like it.

#908 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WOZ is good *exactly* because it's different and done well. If you're not a fan of stop and go games, I can understand the dislike, but for a collection, WOZ is a perfect antidote to "sameness".

I hate the stupid ball save games on the right and left. The game would just be better with a NORMAL inalne/outlane layout.

And ok...I'll finally bite, and not just because I think it's hilarious that people keep saying "Italian Bottom" as if they are liberace placing a craigslist personals ad.

Why do they call it that?! The Italians invented it? I have Gottlieb games from the 1960s with that arrangement.

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since you like the Pro, and a Pro is unlimited - what's the point of pre-ordering? Why not wait for some more videos to see how the gameplay is, or play one first?

Playing one first is way overrated. I've bought 100 pinball machines I've never played. Nobody who buys a Stern pro is gonna lose more than a few hundred bucks selling a HUO game that they decided they don't like.

Pre-ordering provides a rush of endorphins for people - a sense of ownership of something that can't actually be possessed. It will never stop.

#952 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I would agree too. I own a WOZ and the TOTO ball save to fine, but the left state fair balloon game... not fun. I have not completed it yet, too hard for me. It seems to just take too long. A ball save mini game should be super quick. It's the only feature I don't like in WOZ, other than that I like the layout overall. I do get a ton of cheap drains on the left side, which makes it more frustrating when I play, but I have it set to 5 ball so that helps.

The game has stupid greedy outlanes and the reward is getting to play these tedious ball-save games.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Game would just be better with a regular layout.

And is nobody gonna explain this "italian bottom" thing to me? If you are gonna keep saying it you should know what it means and where it comes from. Was Ed Krinski Italian?!

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What I like about this reveal today is that they're showing a Pro model that you can get for about $5k, that looks to offer a solid pinball experience with great art and cool features. None of the other guys can touch that.

No shit. This is what I've been saying in all the price whine threads. You want to spend $8000-12000 for a JJP game? You want to spend $7000 on a spooky game, or $8000 for a Lebowski?

Good luck with all of that. Stern is selling REAL pinball machines designed by the best in the biz - not amateurs - for $5000 or so just like they have been, but people want to somehow claim it's a slap in the face or there are "better options."

Not on new pins there aren't.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You miss the point of that "whining" ...if a company is GOING to charge higher end prices, customers expect higher end shit in the box. $15k for a Batman Super LE is dopey as fuck when you can own a Hobbit & a WOZ for that amount of money. When Stern games are priced similarly to JJP or Lebowski...or HIGHER - you're not getting the same value. But yes, in the lower price zone, no one else can offer the value you get with a Stern Pro.

I don't think I missed the point. The last whineathon was a simple "Stern is raising prices across the board - it's the apocalypse" thread. Wasn't about Batman, was about the coming price increases.

Which turned out to be $200. Big f'n deal.

But hey, for just $100 more you can get a Domino's!

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Dave probably bagged more hot 23 year old tail last week, than you have in your lifetime. I'm in for sure on a Van Halen pin!

LOL @ at the suggestion that David Lee Roth is straight in 2017. Although I guess you didn't really suggest that implicitly.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Lick My Love Pump

It would never be a mass produced but I'd love a boutique to Tap Into America.

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What kills me the most? The total lack of innovation by Stern.. there is nothing there that we haven't seen before many times over.

Innovation in pinball almost is always completely overrated and unnecessary. You must be a big Pin2K fan.

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The comment about the Ghostbusters magnetic slings is spot on. Everyone was bitching about lack of innovation and then bam-magnetic slings! People tore them apart before they even had a chance to really play the game and get a good feel for them. Bashing new innovation just because it was not traditional. In my opinion the magnetic slings are the coolest new innovation in years and I am blown away by how cool they are and how they interact with the ball. Ghostbusters has become one of my favorite games because of the magnetic slings. They really tie in well with the theme and the ghost playing catch with your ball was a brilliant idea. .

In the end, GB's magna slings were just replacing an Eisenhower-era pinball feature that everybody knew and loved and replacing it with something less predictable, not as good, and not as fair. That's why most players don't like it. This is how most "innovation" on pinball - which has been humming along predictably and reliably for almost 70 years now - is going to be accepted. Innovation is not why people like pinball - that's pretty much contrary to the whole point. The most important "innovations" in pinball since flippers, and I guess ramps, have been in display technology, rulesets, and of course internal operator stuff that enhances the operating and service aspects of pinball, not playing.

If you REALLY thirst for "innovation," you should find a new hobby. Pinball isn't about innovation, it's about pinball, and basically being the same thing decade after decade. That's why people like it.

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well if that were the case then everyone would still be playing old wood rails, instead of modern machines with color changing LED's, ramps, LCD screens, etc.
Your point does not make any sense to me. You are saying pinball has stayed the same since conception and innovation has not changed it? Really

No that's not what I'm saying.

Oh wait, it is. Pretty clearly and obviously - I'm stupified that you are asking me to explain what I wrote again. Pinball didn't need stupid shit like color changing LEDs And I included "ramps" and "display tech" in my very brief paragraph which you obviously didn't bother to read. Pinball has really changed very little in decades, and it doesn't need to change. People who want something that isn't pinball should find another hobby besides pinball.

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

he two games could not be further apart-wake up dude pinball has changed big time.

Then why are you complaining about lack of innovation? You are contradicting yourself.

The difference between Batman and say, T2, is very, very tiny. And that's after 27 years of "innovation."

If innovation is your thing, find a new hobby.

#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

From your collection, the newest pin you have is from 1997.

If you read my description you'd know that what I have posted here as my "collection" means nothing. I own dozens of different games a year and I don't update the list here. In fact I currently own over a dozen games across all eras including an Iron Man. Most importantly, as a tournament player and close neighbor of a bar with all the latest games, I put extensive play time into all of the NEWEST machines. Please don't create a context that doesn't exist.

Feel free to stick to the topic at hand, however. And of course nobody is "wrong" we are discussing opinions, which by definition cannot be wrong.

#1271 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really don't understand why you have to be an ass hat in all of your post. I respect what you have to say the majority of the time but then you become vulgar and somewhat abusive in your post. I am not one to stereo type but damn there does seem to be a correlation between NY and angry people? I do not use the ignore feature but it is becoming tempting now.

It's frustrating to write something, have it be completely ignored, and then write it again. If you don't have enough respect to actually read what I write before rebutting it, there's a lack of respect in play there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.75
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.