You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2847 6 years ago

OK so I need some help. Some how my grand plan about the Ghostbusters Prem being a big hit with the family has been a flop. I LOVE the game but it's too hard for the rest of the family. I'm completely addicted to the "one more game" challenge of GB, but I'm more addicted to my family having fun together and GB has failed me there. My question is, and anyone who owns both and could weigh in would be greatly appreciated, will this game be fun for the family and satisfy my constant 10-12 games a night? My kids really like RS and Tommy. p.s. I love 1974-1979 Aerosmith.

#2851 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Why don't you first make the game easier by closing up the outlane posts, installing "carrot" flippers, and/or installing an aftermarket center post? Boost ball save to 10 seconds. As everybody gets better at the game, you may want to start removing one or two.
I'm just saying that the game is great fun once a novice player gets a chance to experience it.

I did install the center post kit from PBL to no avail (kids said it was like having the rails up at the bowling alley, ouch). I really think they will like the game play and especially the dislplay but...

Quoted from PinMonk:

Personally, in that situation I would mod the Ghostbusters to be less punishing so your family enjoys it. You're going to be bored with AS before too long.

this is discouraging.

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm surprised the kids don't like GB with a center post - it only saves about 20% of the time or so. But I have both pins and I do like AS better. It's easier to see what to do and they will like the video screen. BSD is a keeper if you want a used machine

I'm pretty sure it was the idea that I was putting training wheels on the game that they didn't like, not necessarily the mod itself. Who knows what their thinking was? They're teenagers. I guess we'll have to take a trip to somewhere with an AS on location. They really liked Dialed In when we played it too but that's for a different thread. Thanks for the input everyone.

2 months later
#3656 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I am 99% sure to buy Aerosmith next week when my distro of choice has stock.
Sorta nervous tho as a few Star Wars games have ghosting inserts already.
Any PF issues on Aerosmith arise yet? I asked before but that was pre-ghosted Star Wars

I think we're waiting for the same batch of AS from the same distributor. I'm stoked.

1 week later
#3731 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Metallica has legs in a home environment. Aerosmith as it is now will not, IMO.
Plenty of distributors have Metallica stock. I'd just call the usual suspects. Should not be hard to find one.
There's a number of Met Premiums in the marketplace here, some with extras for less than $6k. That's a great price.

Is there a reason you keep lurking in every AS thread steering everyone to Metallica? I know Met is a great game, maybe one of the best ever, but come on.

1 week later
#3774 6 years ago

Man is this game a creeper. I liked it well enough when I got it on Wednesday, but it was a total brickfest and I was unsure about strategy. Fast forward to Friday and now I'm obsessed with this game. Starting to get the shots dialed in and putting up some ok scores. I think I play so much Ghostbusters that it takes me a while to adjust back to normal flipper width and flipper angle. Very excited to share it and some bourbon with my friends tonight.

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This game is difficult IMO.
Every shot is tight.
I cannot for the life of me consistently shoot anything besides the center ramp.
It took 99 games to get Elevator MB & a smart missle, which I think is what helped get me to Elevator MB.
My game must be tougher than everyone elses

It's a lot more challenging than I anticipated. The only shot I can consistently hit is the elevator, except when I need to lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.