You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2107 7 years ago

Seems like there are a lot of weight savings in the head. The biggest being the switch from wood to metal heads a few years ago. A lot less wiring and boards there too with the spike platform.

Not sure how much the new LCD may have added back.

I get a lot of different feels across machines. My TWD Prem feels different than AS, IM and others. But I also find other variables, like the flooring material and leg tightness also play into how a particular machine feels.

I only have about a dozen plays on my AS Pro and haven't loaded new code yet, but I am optimistic this will be a really good machine.

1 week later
#2359 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Has anyone else experienced node board failures on their Aerosmiths?

I had to replace a node board after 50 plays so the machine was down for 3 days.

Disappointing because it broke on the first plunge for league night.

Would like to see these break less, but not going to stop me from buying a new machine.

#2447 7 years ago

Yes it is backandable. But it's easier to go center ramp to left flipper then to right ramp. Not sure of any reason to backhand unless out of time on a mode. But again center ramp shot is really fast.

1 week later
#2643 7 years ago

Sounds like the cooling fan they added to spike machines.

Does it cycle on and off? Open the head and see i it sounds he same with the speakers down.

#2669 7 years ago

I don't think there is an upper limit to WTW shots it is timed. Only the ramps are active after hitting CIU. Keep hitting shots to build the Super Ramps value.

Once the time expires, all shots are turned on and you have to hit one to activate super ramps. If you drain between time ending and the closing shot, you get credit for WTW, but no super ramps.

Not sure how many shots you have to make to 'qualify' WTW, but its not many.

#2676 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are all the modes like this? If you complete them, timer goes away and you can either build the super award or hit scoop and change songs. That would be pretty cool.

Don't think so, they are all a little different and I haven't figured them out yet.

Dude is easy too, gives you super lanes. The shots move each time you make one.

Sweet Emotion seems like the hardest. Its a two tiered mode, clear the 4 targets, then all the arrows light up and you get some more time. I've only completed it a couple of times. Someone else mentioned its good to stack with Multi-ball.

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

shaker is an absolute MUST in any music pin. I'm upgrading the speakers & hooking up a sub, just like with MET. It takes it to a whole different level of game play experience.

Nope, the shaker is a disappointment on AS with current code. I don't even realize it's installed. I've had shakers on all my machines that use them and this is the worst implementation I can remember.

#2769 7 years ago

I played a game right after I posted and still wasn't impressed with the shaker.

I'm going to do an experiment tonight and crank up my shaker with a physical adjustment.

I'll let you know how it goes.

#2782 7 years ago

Shaker setting was max and the weights were set at max (same angle), so no opportunities there.

I just don't think it is as active as on TWD, GOT or ACDC.

1 week later
#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Added the T7 mod today. 'Great if you are a slow learner like me.

All of the inserts for these shots tell you what song it's from and the colors match too.

3 weeks later
#3320 6 years ago

I like MET but the music on AS is much better for pinball. It's upbeat and gets you reved up.

I do like Metallica as a band but it is too dark for pinball.

As I've said before AS is fun and the music has a lot to do tlwith it.

1 week later
#3426 6 years ago

2x scoring on the upper playfield adds some strategy and higher scores on the premium, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

When I play against someone or my own high score, it's on the same machine, so as long s the rules are the same it's fine. Why would I compare pro scores to prem scores anyway?

3 months later
#3854 6 years ago

I have a 20 combo record on mine. I think I got close to 200M on Walk this way alone, then drained 2 quick balls.

1 week later
#3883 6 years ago

The advantage is only in having more balls on the pf and hitting more switches, no extra multipliers or bigger jackpots.

If you can control 6 balls better than 3, then it can work in your favor.

I love it when all the balls come rolling out of the box, but I can't get things under control until I lose a couple of them.

4 weeks later
#4025 6 years ago

Although I can backhand that shot, it is so much easier to shoot the middle ramp and then use the left flipper.

I can make that combo at a much higher % than backhanding it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=black_knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.