You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

uff no interest here but I didn't like Metallica nad the game was great.

#18 8 years ago

Winger>Metallica>Iron maiden.

At least Winger knew he was making cock-rock for the ladies singing like a little girl.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You still have your wall poster?

Right next to my Tron poster.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This seems doesn't seem like a very good license to me. Have a hard time believing it's for real.

Yeah I thought it was already sort of outed that is was a fakey?

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Aerosmith...maybe. I am holding out for this fantastic pin ideajonas_brothers_1191029655_(resized).jpg

Me too. That way I'll finally have a "reason" why I'm always hanging around teenage chicas in the arcade.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Perry's face could easily be used on poison bottles......sending kids fleeing in tears & horror!

And yet Steven tylers is good enough to sell Skittles to kids? What a F&^%ing world we live in.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It all depends on how they execute it. There was zero excitement for Metallica until the art was revealed, then everyone went nuts. Nobody wanted KISS either but it turned out pretty good from an art/design standpoint.

And GOT was a goddamn ugly dog until people started playing it and it shipped with killer code. Never say never.
Could come out all 70s hits with throwback art work and be the hottest thing since toasted bread.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even without his wig, he's got tits that any grandma would be proud of.

steven_tyler_old_woman_01_(resized).jpg

Can't believe it took you this long to post your favorite pic.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The music in the game still sucks though. It lacks energy and low end. The music in ACDC gets me going, MET doesn't. But, it's still a fun game to play.
Rob

I don't know anything aboot "low end" or any of that shit because it's a pinball machine, not a jukebox, but ACDC music doesn't really "get me going;' so to each their own.

#122 8 years ago

Fucking 'A!' I'm literally taking a picture and putting it on my wall. After 4 years for both of us, Markmon agrees with me.
WOW!

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have to agree, especially with Spike 2.0 with LCD capabilities. I think everyone is ready for the transition. I really hope that Stern keeps the same size or slightly larger size LCD as the current DMD size and maintains the backglass look. Crisp video will be entertaining and a nice change.

This is exactly what has always worried me aboot the LCD coming to pins; how a 'lackluster' title turns out.
Now the choice of art becomes more important than ever. On one side you could have animations in crisp video like the MET art which would be great, or you could have a bunch of shitty video footage of their lame ass concerts and that angle....like a bigger WWE.

4 weeks later
#168 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the problem with an Aerosmith game is there is too much sappy material from the 80s that would overshadow the quality music they did in the 70s and it would be hard for them to bypass that era.

Funny the 80s is the "sappy material."

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Every song off the first four albums is still better than Love in an Elevator.

And Rag Doll is still better than every song from the 90s

#172 7 years ago

That's the problem with metal/rock...98% of all bands are the same...classic 70s, horrible 80s; hard to get around.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The 70s and 80s were a long time ago. But I remember some of it fondly. Don't see a reason to clutter up my living room with these $8000 memorials to old burned out rock stars though.

That is true o-din, but as you well know, your opinion doesn't mean shit to Stern. You're not buying a new machine anyway, and other people are stroking each other off to get in line first.

3 months later
#413 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It really is sad to watch.
The creative element of pinball is long gone which was what made it special, and it's soul has died. Without a soul it's only a matter of time before the body dies too.

ahahaha...you think Gary has a soul; classic.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe they should just cut to the chase and make a Disneyland pinball machine with Matterhorn multiball.

Be too sad to see all the shit they've taken out. But IN for Mr. Toad LE.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I've played it a few times. I wouldn't say it was poorly done.

Maybe you need to play it a few more times...that will put you over the hump. That game is junk.
EDIT: Unless you just mean the look of it...being all pink and "50s ish" which I guess it is for the most of it.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Steve Ritchie doesn't make poor games.
Fact!

Ha, I guess that's a pinside fact.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you take out all the acts that wouldn't translate well to pinball,

Iron Maiden is easily in the top 20,

Well Stern can't do that; WWE, Mustang

Damn all the way in the top 20? Looks like I have 5-7 years to save up

#501 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the rumors are right, you have a year or less. Supposedly IM is already in the works, sometime after Star Wars.

Ahhh the magic rumors. You mean the ones we've been hearing aboot for the last 5 years? Is this after or before Jaws?

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

wiki says 90 million worldwide.
puts it much farther up the list.

Yeah album sales are notoriously tough to look up. Billboard vs RIAA it's just a headache.

Quoted from stoptap:

Re-theme it into a Tron coaster.

I think after Disney shit-canned the sequel that's not likely. Sorry; not bloody likely.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

And I totally hate games of thrones and walking dead (the shows). I don't understand how tv show pins can sell anything. Talk about low value pins in 10 years when no one remembers the show.

Coming from you that's funny.

#536 7 years ago

My main worry is that Tyler will want himself all over the game....mick on a stick part 2.

2 months later
#593 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The purple trim on LE is really tempting me, but I really need more cowbell.

Seriously. The list of "features" these days is a frikkin fashion show.

2 months later
#789 7 years ago

Art looks good...but man Kiss was not that long ago.

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So what your saying is all the bitching on a price increase was for a %3.30 increase lol

Yes...that's exactly what I'm bitching aboot. And how much was GB over GOT, over MET....over mustang. etc etc.

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's not worth arguing with Jody on Pinside...

Ah right just noticed whom it was.

LCD looks pretty cool...upper PF looks pretty weak but I'd have to play it. Sometimes an Upper is better if it's juts a quick thing

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

$200 increase...could have been worse I guess.

That's the point of releaseing a super priced BM66 just before this one....to show you had bad it could have been.
Thanks Stern?

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Good themes and getting ghosting in the past will = strong sales

Yep, Stern does know how to ghost some inserts

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Patiently waiting for AP's Houdini.

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me or are all these games looking the same?

Well it's Borg...obviously at some point he had to stop copying PL and find someone else; and whom better than himself.

Quoted from MRG:

I wonder who BORG is punking, US or Stern with these lazy copycat layouts.

Stern has always known what Borg is & does. He aint the cheapest for nothin'

#837 7 years ago

I sold my GB and had monies waiting to buy a machine and don't mind Aerosmith, interested in the LCD, and might be able to stretch just a touch over GB in the price department but BAM, fucking Kiss layout has me totally out. Too close guys...too soon

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anything about pricing been announced? I wonder if a premium will be close to $8k like Batman 66 premium?

been posted many times in all the threads...take a look back

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

NO models with mini dome flashers?
NO DEAL.

Hey man, at least they're telling us up front what they never intend to complete

Looks liek they really learned from the ACDC fiasco

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

How does someone so good at pinball show such disrespect towards the people who make it?

Just because we all like music doesn't mean that some music doesn't suck or is over rated

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pro has a spinner? WHAT?

Where have you been? Pro Spinners have been around lately. GB, GOT, Kiss

Quoted from Cornelius:

Not even remotely the same thing as what Levi is saying.

I guess I don't understand your point then. Because Levi plays pinball he should show respect to every company that makes it?
What of he doesn;t like those companies machines? What are you trying to say?

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

There are at least two companies other than Stern making pinball
He is shitting on everyone but Stern
Seems awfully disrespectful if not blindly, moronically fanboyish

Seems like exactly what my original post said then.

Quoted from iceman44:

Well F me running, I never pay attention to the pro I guess,

Spinners aren't that exciting anymore sadly. I had to look up if GB had one and i owned one
Got spinner good and can be worth some point though...most are just there for show and to make some noises.

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I guess we're just going to have to interpret the Book of Levi differently, then.

As long as it's not the Book of Eli...what a piece of shit that movie was.

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this accurate?
Doesn't seem like it.

It actually is.

Oh sorry thought it said 2.5 months

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Worse than Transformers? Or do we not even consider that an upper playfield?

I wouldn't, but I do consider WWE...wonder how that stacks up?

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

... imagine IM, MET, and Tron with some cool, innovative toys.

Doesn't mean they'd be better/more fun games. Sometimes you can pack too much shit on a game and it can kill it...classic 90s DE action

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The War Machine kickback (although the same as the ram on BBH) is pretty awesome the first time you hit it and then a challenge to control every time after. 2 magnets as well...

Well I 'think' the point was the kickback is from the 80s, magnets 70s (?), and a bash toy is apparently any target ever depending on whom you talk to. The Iron Monger elevator is cool...but you've had some similar things popping out of the PF before. Don't know if anything exactly like that

1 week later
#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I suggest JBGH: John Borg's Greatest Hits.

Naw that will make people think of Lawlor too much. Unless you meant JB's greatest whifs?

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Is it acceptable for companies to LOL and heckle their customers now?

What else should they do? You pull the post and everyone cries aboot their "free speech" or other nonsensical things.

Although Stern trolling customers aboot Kiss updates went a little far.

#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Stephanie Abbott went on to trash MET AC/DC and KISS as well

That's a troll for sure. You might want to google print screen to get some better pics.

#1324 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Stephanie's in for a big surprise when they do Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Journey next.

Gotta get more chicas into Pinball man

#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You have to address it and take the high road. Go read the Facebook comments on Target's, Best Buy's or Walmart's pages....When you fail to address people on Facebook, they then take their complains to places like Pinside where the company doesn't have any say and the issues just boil over out of control and then you get Change.org petitions, open letters, social media code campaigns ...

The other side would be, are people stopping going to Target, Walmart(s), or Best Buys? And if they are, (Best Buy?), is it because of social media?
Or to brass tax it, is any of this shit really hurting Pinball Sales enough? Now try to remove yourself from the notion "Pinside is pinball" and think if it's hurting them. Everyone bitched aboot BM66 and how fast did it sell? Fucking o-din (god bless him) spends his day bitching aboot Stern and their shitty themes and he has one!

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Social media is about having a conversation, not a place for scoring zingers off customers.

That's where the disconnect is. You think social media for Stern is aboot having a conversation, I don't think the majority of companies see it that way. Mostly because they aren't "fucking Millennials."

EDIT: I mean don;t get me wrong I like all your responses.

Quoted from LesManley:

Absolutely. Social media is just one of a plethora of reasons, but people will absolutely stop using retailers if they feel they are being mistreated or not being heard via social media.

That's awesome, power to the people! Now you can go by your underwear & TVs at another store. Where else you really gonna get a pinball machine? There are other places sure but not as regular, not nearly the units, and much more of a hassle.

#1338 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There are a couple other options now too so it isn't like you couldn't get one somewhere else if you really really wanted one.

Sure, what does Stern think aboot that? Fine, go ahead and get a JJP...our factory is running off the chains.

#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In case someone missed the video
» YouTube video

Sweet thanks for the link. Has some cool tricks but man I still think it looks too much like Jody.

EDIT: Er sorry sorry I meant looks too much like Kiss.

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wasn't a real follower of the story, but was it WoZ that they said would not ship until it had finished code?

WEll technically Jack responded to games without completed code by saying "Shipping a game that isn't complete is fraud."

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't get it with all the Stern bash threads dimples,petition,Gomez promised code,kiss code,are you serious why do the fan boys feel the need to shit on a game thread.

There are a few reasons. New people getting into the game not knowing what to expect. people that have been in the game getting a shittier product. This shittier product costing more than it did before. George Gomex telling people there would be code every 2 weeks and then not doing it.

if you can't understand that then I can't help you.

#1465 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am not saying people should not bitch about dimples,price hikes,code and more I am saying with all the bitch threads a game thread is not the place for it

Ahhh gotcha.

1 week later
#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If the "lock is lit" mode isn't enabled and you shoot a ball into the lock zone, the game still launches the ball in the air, only 1/4th the way.

....the Dimples....the Dimples...

TH (resized).jpgTH (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't doubt that. He drove me nuts on the GB stream because he wouldn't shut up and I couldn't enjoy the stream because of it, then he kinda went off on someone using a KPG screen name which was very unprofessional

God that was bad. All the posting on that stream was totally out of control though...it was actually the best part.
The KPG thing was pretty damn funny...and all the kenada talk. Shit...that was actually a good time now that I think of it.

#1798 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why does he have a ballsack hanging under his chin?

Because he's a family guy?

5 months later
#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well to be fair golfingdad, I am a guy that is still stuck in the 80's for the most part when it comes to music and I just hate music like that.

So you're stuck in the 80s but you hate 80s versions of songs made in the 70s?

#3621 6 years ago

I'd go RUN DMC for sure

1 week later
#3722 6 years ago

Man Met is the real deal....I would look around personally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.