You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenetBoy78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 8 years ago

Any rock and roll pin pre 1990. Earlier the better. But get a female voice for call outs from one of the little girls back stage, similar to voices on TOM and Junkyard. Please not a Metallica voice call-out, best way to ruin a great pin, IMHO. Hendrix!!!!

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Aerosmith will sell just fine. Just because a small group of pinsiders are very passionate on their like/dislike for particular rock bands, it doesn't mean diddly. Aerosmith is one of the top selling bands ever and will be a big draw - and Stern knows this.
They have more US album sales (67 million) than ANY of the other suggested bands except the Beatles and Led Zeppelin - which Stern probably can't get the licensing for. It's kind of hilarious how many people keep suggesting B-level heavy metal bands like they would have a shot at selling in volume for a pinball machine over a mega popular band like Aerosmith.
Some of the negativity is probably spurred on by a dislike that Steven Tyler was on American Idol - but from a marketing perspective, Steven Tyler / Aerosmith is mega popular right now and will result in more sales because of American Idol.
Bring it on Stern! The naysayers are just a small, insignificant (but vocal) sampling

Don't forget the number of Skittles fans that will be certain buyers too. Great commercial. The guy still has all his hair!!!

1 month later
#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Aerosmith hasn't been relevant for years, not buying. Now, if they did this pin, I'd be all over it...

54d540396974b94487453454281ea_(resized).jpg

I am with you on this one. FZ RIP. You likely know Michael Gottliebs "Al's Garage Band Goes on A World Tour" pinball machine had references to Frank's "Joe's Garage Acts I, II and III", including the Joe's next door neighbor's ladies whining voice "TURN IT DOWN" used for Tilt Warnings; and "I'M CALLING THE POLICE" at the End of Game.

He used to cut my grass, he was a very nice boy.....

8 months later
#678 7 years ago

Aerosmith????

SWEET!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEET EMOOOOTION.........
Talk about things that nobody cares...

Ahhh, memory lane in a box of fun!! Thank you Stern, may I have another!!

Alice Cooper, et al....

4 weeks later
#1521 7 years ago

Looking closer at the LE it seems as though a hard shot up the right ramp to the upper playfield has the trajectory of flight potential. Game play will tell. I think a maximum Interstate highway grade is near 10%. Not sure what the maximum slope of a pinball ramp is stated in the American pinball design standards.

#1532 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

those magnets usually get mangled really quick due to how hard the ball hits them.

No doubt. Look at BM66 magnet. The steel they used for the magnet is softer than the steel in the balls. WTF? Did everyone at Stern fail Materials of Construction class? Or do they use steel from somewhere other country than the USA? A freakin joke that is keeping me laughing.....

#1536 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Why would you want the steel of the magnets to be harder than the pinballs rolling around on the playfield during gameplay.

Same reason all the other metal on the playfield is harder than the pinball. Cheaper to replace the balls than other metal stuff.

You may ask yourself, Why don't they use the soft metal used on and around the magnet for everything else that is metal on the playfield? I think one answer could be so " It lasts long and keeps its original non-dinged up look". The BM66 mag looks real Baaaaad. Check it out. Aerosmith looks as its the same.

The dings on the mag will match the dimples on the upper PF if that ramp is too steep....don't cha think? Its the new Pinball Patina.... Served up Stern style....

#1542 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's because of the way magnets work. It's a necessary grade of steel. They don't make them soft for fun. Soft iron loses its magnetism quickly after the power is cut. The harder the iron, the more residual magnetism. Absolutely useless for a pinball magnet.

That may or may not be true about the magnet material, but my statement erroneously misled you. Let me clarify, its the metal ring around the magnet core that is, in my opinion, the inappropriately selected material of construction. Just look at the threads for batman 66 issues. I am looking for a mod by a Pinsider that will give me a replacement magnet edge protection system without showing moon craters on it in the first week. It appears that Aerosmith has the same style magnet with metallic ring. Too bad. Not sure of the actual metal material hardness for the ring and if it will be the same as batman 66. If so, that is unfortunate. Some one asleep at the wheel or something else up there at dreary-eyed Stern. Either way, poor design choice. QA/QC department must have adjoining cubicles with design materials selection folks....

#1545 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Is the material hardness specification (i.e., Rockwell, Vickers, or Brinell) of other metal playfield components (e.g., ramps, posts, kickers, ball guides, diverters, subways, ball troughs) actually higher than that of a case hardened (soft core) standard carbon steel pinball?

I don't know the answer to this question, I am not a pinball designer. Above my pay grade. But knowing what I do know, I suggest all ball material will be inconsistent depending on manufacturer. Based on observation my pinballs need replacement before any other metal playfield part, probably true for you too....Why because they get scratched and ding as can be seen with the naked eye from hitting the other metal parts on the playfield (except for maybe the mag ring ). The moon craters on my magnet are significant and way worse than any pinball I have ever observed, even the original pinball from my 1937 Prospector. Lets see the magnet shop drawing BOM and material specification...ASTM WTF?.

#1546 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd rather the magnet cores show wear as opposed to them damaging the pinballs. Have you ever seen what a pinball with a very small nick in it can do to a wooden playfield?

Yes I have seen the affects of a goober pinball.
Pinballs are $2 a piece. Not sure what a new core will cost. I would guess those who have issues of dimples affecting gameplay will not be as approving of moon craters on the PF. I could be wrong.
Regular wax and pinball replacement is what I do. I would rather perform regular maintenance than see a crater core, but that's how I roll. Besides, my BM66 LE sucks and when it comes time to sell it, the moon craters are another issue that reduces its price, just as it will likely for Aerosmith, unless they change the F'in material.

#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The majority of these machines are still sold to the operator market. In a home setting it would be easy to check pinballs often but one damaged pinball could ruin a play field on location in a very short amount of time.

Not sure how many BM66 LEs or SLEs went to general public. If your more concerned about a goober pinball putting the Grind on your new playfield, why not do as others and put on a Playfield Protector? PPs are not my style.... kinda like using a rubber with your wife in bed, when your wife is past menopause...it don't make much sense to me, but that's me. I would think an operator spending 80 Benjamins would be diligent with their business resources and wax and replace $2 pinballs regularly. Hey but that's me, that's why I aint no operator...LOL. I do know what I like and purchase, and I don't appreciate moon craters on the playfield, irrespective of the material, wood, plastic or metal. It is just a sign of poor quality. Old Man Stern and the Stern family should be disappointed, IMHO. No worries if you agree to disagree.

#1558 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It sounds like you have an unrealistic perception of how these magnet cores are designed. Probably should avoid buying NIB machines in the future so you don't lose sleep over the dimples on your PF and just stick to location play.

You may be correct of my perception, but you may be wrong too. No matter, my perception changes based on factual events. I would think about what you tell me I should do, but I am laughing so hard I just cant think straight. You telling me what I should do?? LMAO!!! You are funny like all the other folks who know better than me for me....LMAO. Thanks for that All the best to you and the crater , dimple, acne pinball patina lovers of the world. No worries, no bad days!!

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Same guy thats asking why they dont make the magnet cores harder than the balls............ Even if they could why would they, if they did it would mar the ball and chew up your playfield.

Is your preference to have a nasty looking magnet ring that looks worse than moon craters or a full face of Freshman acne. If they could select the correct metal hardness material they would because the magnet ring looks TERRIBLE after a week of play for a pricey machine.

Simply put, its about expectations....I didn't expect my BM66 to have nasty craters in the playfield after a week of play. If you expect that than you have different expectations. Good for you, the world needs diversity.

#1563 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Go bitch on the dimples bash thread leave the game thread to the game fans or are one just one more pinsider that like to shit on threads

Sure JY, whatever you say. I will do as you say.... LMAO.

You misinterpreted an explanation and discussion to "bitching" LOL. I mean LMAO. No worries if you are one of the ones responsible for the QA/QC and material selection at Stern and that you are offended the discussion exists. Don't like the sounds so shut it down....LMAO. Berkley is calling.

LMK if they decide to change out the magnet ring material on the AerosmithLE from the one they used on BM66LE, or go back to the previous method of using the waxed wood clear coated playfield. Its okay to make mistakes. Everyone does. No bad days, no worries, not for me so far.

BTW: Nice selfie....

#1565 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

BOY 78 I do not say anything when people are not all love but you have clogged this thread regurgitating the same shit over and over ten post in the last 24 hours get over it

Like I said, you must be offended and I don't understand. Too bad you cant have an open discussion with you and others who are offended, without insinuating nasty things with pictures of weird people. Good example for others. That's the point you showed yourself. The fact you have pics of people like that on your hard drive makes me wonder....WTF? Unless that really is a selfie....LMAO. No worries JY, I am sure your job is secure at Stern, or wherever.

Curious if the steel in the tin foil magnet ring is from overseas. Check the BOM on the shop drawings and post a pic. Big thanks for clarifying it up for me, once you do. Hope you fix it for AerosmithLE. I hope you do, but hope is not a strategy. LOL. Cognitive dissonance welcome. No worries it runs rampant.

#1568 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Be glad Stern spent the money on a magnet ring older Stern games had playfield burn when they had no protective ring

JY, You and I think differently, which is good, I think. You think I should be happy Stern provided me an inferior product relative to its predecessor. But you are wrong, no I am not happy Stern spent money on an inferior approach. It sucks, IMHO. Never had any mag burn on my playfield on my Sterns in my collection. Its a few. Regardless of your inappropriate responses, the material of construction of the magnet ring is inappropriate too, IMHO. Willful ignorance is not an attribute for any person, company or government, IMHO.

BTW: How steep can a pinball ramp be without launching a solid shot in the air? Answer me this please.

#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Man, if Stern could build a quality product I would have already ordered a Premium.

No doubt. I was planning on another Stern in an AerosmithLE with a mirrored BG and excellent art and metal ramps with great Stereo and loud music from the past - way freakin cool man, but I am going to, at the very least, delay until after AFMr and Dialed In LE/CE are paid for in full. Besides Star Wars is coming with Ritchie, flow Master. I just found out about Spooky and they look like a quality group of folks, so maybe they will get my cash. The Jetsons looks interesting doesn't it?

I listed my BM66LE with near 50 plays for $9000.00 on the market place. If JY wants it, I will ship it to him NAVL - No Charge.

#1575 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

no I think all these games are for well it would not be nice to say

Not sure what you are trying to say. Why not say it? Your a funny one. BM66LE isn't your cup of tea? You will attempt to silence the truth, but when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is, you sound confused. Just as I figured. I know you, your funny. LMAO.

Not sure why you wouldn't jump on a HUO BM66LE shipped to your door for $9000 if you think it is the Bomb; and act so inappropriately to defend it. I tell you what, for you I will ship it to your place in Chicagoland? for a total of $8500.00. PM and I will get your address and I will give you the info for the bank wire. If your in Riverside, my family friends will be happy to deliver special white glove service.

BTW: A selfie is not a selfie if your mom is taking the picture. I see her picture in the reflection...LMAO. Thanks for that, best all week.

#1581 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Paying those prices for a pinball game is for fools

JY,
Your too funny, funny strange. Why is it when you cant have a conversation or agree to disagree you and others of like mind, always come back to name calling. I would call you a loser, but I try to refrain from inappropriate behavior, that would make me what I would consider a LOSER.

BTW: STFU if you cant pony up the money for a machine. You should consider a thread that makes more sense for your pocketbook and lifestyle. You cant afford Aerosmith so WTF? Since you seem kinda tight with your money but loose with your lips, I will give BM66LE No 69 to you for $8000.00 shipped just for fun!! PM me. I want YOU to have it. YOU deserve it!!

Post that pic of the Bill of Materials from the approved Shop Drawing for that magnet ring for BM66 LE and Aerosmith LE and we can discuss it some more. No name calling...just facts.

#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Next week the 10th this game looks cool

I hope its better than the live stream for batman66. I will be watching. I am curious if the right ramp acts as a ski ramp (NGG like) with a solid shot. Looks steep, short and close to the flippers. What is the maximum slope of a pinball ramp? When is a ramp too steep? Lets ask Mr. Owl, surely he knows.....

#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I find it funny you bitch about name calling as you do your fair share . On the subject of can I afford it I would rather pay $10,000 on a painting then a pin I have never seen a pin worth that kind of money

Hi JY,
I am glad I could make you laugh. Making progress. You seem uptight. Lighten up Francis, No Bad Days. Not sure of me calling anyone names, LMK if you can find that. LOL You and others of like mind are sad with your responses, and quite predictable.

Please post the BOM from the approved Shop Drawings...then we can have an intelligent conversation on the appropriateness of the magnet ring material of construction selection.

BTW: Why are you on this thread if you call us losers who buy these pins; and you have intention of spending your money on fine art. There are Fine Art websites like pinside aren't there? You could spend time there and possibly find more places for weird pics to load on your c drive. LMAO.

Post the BOM of the mag ring pics please and then we can have an educated discussion. Thanks.

#1589 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How about JY and Benetboy take it to PMs or drop it. You two are acting like little kids. Let it go. Back to discussing Aerosmith.

No problem. Sorry you feel it was childish. I was trying to keep it at a parental level. Again, no problem. No Bad Days, No Worries.

Just asking reasonable questions and getting BS and nasty in response. LMAO. Welcome to the New America.

1 week later
#1669 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A good Elvira game might steer me away from Aerosmith but not Star Wars.

Don't forget about AFMr, DI and Jetsons!! Soon come.

#1689 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Honestly, WOF is probably better. At least it has a truly original layout, inline drops, and a deep Keith Johnson ruleset. Aerosmith is better than anticipated but just doesn't bring anything new or exciting to the table. It is pretty though!

WOF is fun to go to after awhile on other pins. Unique and challenging with the puzzle and wheel aspect. Real pretty too with Vanna on the BG. Yum.

#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm so glad I stayed away from BM66 due to the outrageous price.

Just like a Vegas Hooker at $10,000.00 a pop coming with a free delivery of King Crusty Crabs in your Crotch.....

#1755 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I thought it was a drag Dolly Parton all this time
(also, I quite enjoyed the WOF discussion. that game is really awesome and definitely different.)

I have been waiting for someone to say they thought it was Lucille Ball. All of the guesses are funny!!

#1776 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't doubt that. He drove me nuts on the GB stream because he wouldn't shut up and I couldn't enjoy the stream because of it, then he kinda went off on someone using a KPG screen name which was very unprofessional
I'll give him a pass though, we've all been douche bags at one time or another in our lives. As long as you learn from it that's all that matters. Those who don't stay douche bags their entire life.

Best Saturday Night Live ever.....original cast:

Announcing: Lord and Lady Douche Bag..."Whats that new invention your sitting on Douche Bag?"

Belushi as The Earl of Sandwich.......Still cant stop laughing at that 40 years later....

#1792 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol that's funny. Just wasn't funny at the time because I was trying to pay attention to a game that I was interested in. My GB Premium arrives tomorrow actually. ....feels like Christmas in February!!!

GBLE is a keeper. Wife pleaser. A ton of fun!!! Turn off screaming women mode with kids/family...

3 weeks later
#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Just lift the thing with your knee and bend over and twist the leg levelers. If they come ask what you're doing just say "I'm tying my shoe"

Or, I'm looking for some gum...gimme a break I'm hungry.

1 week later
#2136 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At least the JJP price increases can actually be justified by their loaded up games, the high quality powder coated armor being included on LE'S (not baked on enamel), invisiglass and shaker motors being included on LE's and code updates being released on a regular basis.
Myself and others wouldn't have a problem with Sterns price increases if the quality remained the same, games were not being stripped down and code updates didn't in some cases take over a year to be released (KISS...).
The value factor just isn't there anymore with Stern games but still is with JJP games. Just my own personal opinion. Prices have gotten out of control on both sides and with each price increase the potential customer base grows smaller.
Hopefully Aerosmith is the game to change that mold. I think the pro looks pretty darn slick and can see owning one as long as it's supported well with code updates.

Agreed. I finally got my first JJP, a WOZ for my wife at Christmas. We all love it for many reasons and are happily surprised. We love many of our Sterns too, but not the recent releases (some exceptions). Truth. Cant wait for DICE and AFMrLE. AS pro is a big maybe down the road, as AS is the first LE we did NOT buy (other than WWELE) in last four years from Stern. Forced me to look elsewhere and we found higher quality and better Company representatives. Diversity is good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.75
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenetBoy78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball?tu=BenetBoy78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.