You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 84.
#4101 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I realize Lonnie writes the code but Borg gives him the green light doesnt he? In any case a little extra depth in code would help open it up as the modes seems similar.

Im not sure really but I'd be surprised of the designers have any input into the rules of a game. I guess their suggestions would be taken into consideration possibly bit I would say the code is all on Lonnie.

#4102 6 years ago

yes, it would be great if they made a new code one of these years. i think the last one was march. i would like to see the action button do something other than stop multiball.

#4103 6 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

yes, it would be great if they made a new code one of these years. i think the last one was march. i would like to see the action button do something other than stop multiball.

The action button currently launches smart missiles, although minuscule, it happens.

#4104 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The action button currently launches smart missiles, although minuscule, it happens.

Currently, it launches balls, shoots smart missiles, bypasses multiballs, spends coins.

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Currently, it launches balls, shoots smart missiles, bypasses multiballs, spends coins.

Spends coins? Is this in a mode I haven't gotten to?

#4106 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Spends coins? Is this in a mode I haven't gotten to?

Play through a mode to completion to earn "coins" in the super mode. Pretty sure earning them is tied to combos while in the super mode. We don't have it anymore and I don't remember the specifics, but if you look at the screen on the (right?) edge there is a coin graphic that shows what you've collected. I also don't remember what USING them with the button does, but it does use them.

#4107 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Play through a mode to completion to earn "coins" in the super mode. Pretty sure earning them is tied to combos while in the super mode. We don't have it anymore and I don't remember the specifics, but if you look at the screen on the (right?) edge there is a coin graphic that shows what you've collected. I also don't remember what USING them with the button does, but it does use them.

I've definitely seen them, just wasn't aware you could use them. Maybe it will be more clear in the update. I was really hoping for the update before Christmas where I had a couple days off to relearn it. Oh well, maybe New Years....

#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Come on Stern, 9 more days until 2018. Good time to push out some updated Aero code.
Tim

Won't be until after New Years, some really good stuff coming !

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Won't be until after New Years, some really good stuff coming !

After new years 2018?

I'm excited. Aerosmith really surprised me & I'm @ almost 700 games within 5 months (maybe 50 or so are from kids pressing the start button 4 times & walking away)

#4110 6 years ago

Just installed Rock Custom leds for under the cabinet. Love it!

Perfect add-on for Aero.

Tim

#4111 6 years ago

Just pickup this game(pro) last night!

What are some of the nicer mods to do? I also need a complete rubber kit. Is black the best color?

I will attempt to review this thread but if anyone wants to link to their cool mods and color combos - I love pics.

Thanks.

#4112 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What are some of the nicer mods to do? I also need a complete rubber kit. Is black the best color?
I will attempt to review this thread but if anyone wants to link to their cool mods and color combos - I love pics.
Thanks.

I personally like the extra bounce of white rubber. Marco Specialties has the best white rubber going in my experience.

Black rubber is slightly "deader" so I usually don't keep it long in the pins at my house.

#4113 6 years ago

When there is a match should the knocker engage? Mine does not.

#4114 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

When there is a match should the knocker engage? Mine does not.

There is no knocker like in the old machines, it's a screech that comes through your speakers now. It may be turned off in the settings. I turn mine off because I can't stand how it sounds.

#4115 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is no knocker like in the old machines, it's a screech that comes through your speakers now. It may be turned off in the settings. I turn mine off because I can't stand how it sounds.

Sounds like a knocker when the score is reached just not when there is a match. What menu setting is it?
Thanks

#4116 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Sounds like a knocker when the score is reached just not when there is a match. What menu setting is it?
Thanks

It's code. It doesn't react to a match.

#4117 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks

Maybe I’m wrong then. I turn mine off as soon as I set the game up. Most newer Sterns have a screeching noise that comes through your speakers.

#4118 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe I’m wrong then. I turn mine off as soon as I set the game up. Most newer Sterns have a screeching noise that comes through your speakers.

You are correct. That is the typical noise for a match but it's missing from AS just like the outlanes having no sound.

#4119 6 years ago

Rumor is Steven Tyler will be recording audio and they may be adding another song or two.

I'm hoping this one is true as it will push Aerosmith into the top 20. It is a very good game that can become great.

#4120 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You are correct. That is the typical noise for a match but it's missing from AS just like the outlanes having no sound.

Actually if player two three or four get a match the sound goes off, but not player one.

#4121 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is Steven Tyler will be recording audio and they may be adding another song or two.
I'm hoping this one is true as it will push Aerosmith into the top 20. It is a very good game that can become great.

Did you just make that up ?

#4122 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How could they do that though? All of the inserts have the song names on them. You can’t change or add to that so I’m not sure how they could do something like that?

#4123 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How could they do that though? All of the inserts have the song names on them. You can’t change or add to that so I’m not sure how they could do something like that?

If it something they would do, I’d imagine it would be for the mini wizard, and wizard mode. With that said, not sure I’d ever even hear it if it was in the wizard mode. In almost a 1,000 games the closest I’ve ever been in 1 mode away.

#4124 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

Nicer mods-the toy box guy plunger is good, expensive but better than so many junk ones on market. lane protectors are colorful. i got those too. i also moded the back lights to be green one side and purple on the other.

#4125 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do hope this is true. It's the only Aerosmith game out there without any audio call outs from the band members. I even had Quest for Fame on the PC back in the day and that was a blast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_for_Fame

Fingers crossed!

#4126 6 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

I do hope this is true. It's the only Aerosmith game out there without any audio call outs from the band members. I even had Quest for Fame on the PC back in the day and that was a blast.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_for_Fame
Fingers crossed!

Hope so. I'd bet the song would be a mini wizard and that would be cool as it may add another much needed multi ball.

#4127 6 years ago

It really needs callouts, getting Steven Tyler to do them would be sweet.

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Someone mentioned a rumor like this months ago and said it was likely to be wizard modes and possibly something to do with crank it up and selecting a track.

#4129 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Did you just make that up ?

#4130 6 years ago

I hope The next code drop will be amazing but I have my doubts about Steven Tyler, but man I hope it’s true

#4131 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Wouldnt it take away from the Jackie thing as he does the callouts? Having 2 lots of callouts would be confusing?

#4132 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Wouldnt it take away from the Jackie thing as he does the callouts? Having 2 lots of callouts would be confusing?

I don't think it would be a problem.

Metallica has sparky and the band members. Works great there.

#4133 6 years ago

If only one song were to be added what do most owners want it to be?

Now if they were to add 2-3 songs, what is the wishlist?

#4134 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If only one song were to be added what do most owners want it to be?

Everyone wants Dream On. I'd like to see a crank it up at the scoop with 3 new songs

Dream On
Mama Kin
Amazing

#4135 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Everyone wants Dream On. I'd like to see a crank it up at the scoop with 3 new songs
Dream On
Mama Kin
Amazing

I'd like to see
Dream On
Mama Kin
The Other side

#4136 6 years ago

Jaded, Crazy and Janies got a gun( why not )

#4137 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

You can't be serious if you really think Stern will open their squeaky tight-ass wallet & pay for Steven Tyler callouts?

#4138 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

You can't be serious if you really think Stern will open their squeaky tight-ass wallet & pay for Steven Tyler callouts?

Why not? They did it with James Hetfield.

#4139 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lord of the Thighs

rd

#4140 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

James was a motivated pinhead to begin with. I don't think Steven Tyler is into pins anywhere near as much (if at all).

#4141 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Big difference is Hetfield, besides being a major pinhead, was instrumental during the MET licensing process. Very similar to Slash with the GnR pin.

d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpgd112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg

#4142 6 years ago

I think they get Steven Tyler. He just reads some lines at a studio and it's done. It's part of the brand.

#4143 6 years ago

Didn't Karl Urban, who played Bones, just do his voice for ST over the phone?

#4144 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Well it's an "official" rumor now, so yeh. Maybe Stern see this game has legs and will keep selling if done properly. Maybe Steven Tyler's ego is big enough he wants his voice in the game.

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe Steven Tyler's ego is big enough he wants his voice in the game.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

#4146 6 years ago

I just wish they would fix when you have a ball locked already and thus the toy box is going to close and Jacky gets the ball in his face. There is a very long delay, to the point where if you aren't aware of it you'd think the game had frozen up or something. Sometimes Jacky will say "You aren't going to hit a guy in the face with a steel ball, would you?"

Then you wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

That really needs to be fixed and I have to believe it would be pretty quick to code that.

#4147 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I just wish they would fix when you have a ball locked already and thus the toy box is going to close and Jacky gets the ball in his face. There is a very long delay, to the point where if you aren't aware of it you'd think the game had frozen up or something. Sometimes Jacky will say "You aren't going to hit a guy in the face with a steel ball, would you?"
Then you wait.
And wait.
And wait.
And wait.
That really needs to be fixed and I have to believe it would be pretty quick to code that.

Or just remove the bit and let the game progress without it. It's not funny.

#4148 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or just remove the bit and let the game progress without it. It's not funny.

Was the first time lol

#4149 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Then you wait.
And wait.
And wait.
And wait.

And add a 5 sec ball save!

3 weeks later
#4150 6 years ago

Let’s get some new aerosmith code already

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.75
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/83?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.