You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 84.
#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There was a rumor a while back that a song maybe added in the code update.

When it comes to Stern & code... all we get are rumors

#4052 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There was a rumor a while back that a song maybe added in the code update.

Where was the rumour ? Can you factuate your source or just making it up ?

#4053 6 years ago

What kind of ass down votes a pinsider for helping out a other pinsider

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Where was the rumour ? Can you factuate your source or just making it up ?

Pretty sure it was in one of the AS threads here on pinside and I wasn’t the source of the rumor, someone else mentioned it.

I’m just one owner Dreamin that it happens!

#4055 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't recommend putting two songs in one slot even though it can be done.

That's what I did (2 songs in 1 slot) - and IMO it's great. I have a 'hidden' song that you only get to hear if you play well enough. I've not had the issue of the rewind being noticeable at all - it doesn't cross the song boundary 90% of the time.

I've actually fit in over 20 songs in Metallica, because they are so long. I prefer to keep the songs as is in Aerosmith because they're much more integrated into the game with the integration of the LCD display. In Metallica, it's more just music playing.

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That's what I did (2 songs in 1 slot) - and IMO it's great. I have a 'hidden' song that you only get to hear if you play well enough.

I did that too, and I actually put the song I like more second. It gives me an extra incentive to play better so I can hear it.

#4057 6 years ago

One of these days I’m going to try to get the DMC version of Walk This Way on there.

9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg

#4058 6 years ago

I would bet that since every song in the game has an insert that we won't be seeing anymore songs.

#4059 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

What kind of ass down votes a pinsider for helping out a other pinsider

Kinda what I was thinking lol. That down vote there really had me scratching my head.

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

One of these days I’m going to try to get the DMC version of Walk This Way on there.

Pinball browser?

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kinda what I was thinking lol. That down vote there really had me scratching my head.

Maybe just a phone swipe. I’ve done that a few times accidentally when reading on my phone

#4062 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I would bet that since every song in the game has an insert that we won't be seeing anymore songs.

My hope was that maybe one could be added for one of the wizards modes since they aren’t tied to an insert.

Another cool option would be to have a different song play at end of game rather than a segment of one that you likely just heard during gameplay.

Just thinking out loud

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All my downvotes on your posts are phone swipes, so.....

#4064 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

All my downvotes on your posts are phone swipes, so.....

I guess that's meant to be sarcastic? If so and it makes you feel good then have at it.

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess that's meant to be sarcastic? If so and it makes you feel good then have at it.

Yes totally joking.

#4066 6 years ago

Yes totally joking.

Ok cool.... You never know around this place. Gotta watch your back constantly!

#4067 6 years ago

Does anyone knows who sells these speakergrill logos and lights ?

aero (resized).JPGaero (resized).JPG

#4068 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I believe the ones on Phoebe's game were prototypes. I don't think they are for sale yet, but I'm assuming they will soon be available here ...

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Speaker-Light-Kits.html

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

The speaker light kits and designs for SPIKE 2 games should be available at www.speakerlightkits.com soon.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4070 6 years ago

Thanks for the info!

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Pinball browser?
» YouTube video

I wish Stern had 3D animations like this.

2 weeks later
#4072 6 years ago

Owners,

Any inside scoop on next code update?

State of the union made me hopeful we would get it in 2017.

#4073 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Owners,
Any inside scoop on next code update?
State of the union made me hopeful we would get it in 2017.

No word yet

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The speaker light kits and designs for SPIKE 2 games should be available at http://www.speakerlightkits.com soon.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

As of yesterday, Doug does not have speaker lights available for Spike 2.

#4075 6 years ago

I saw some cool speaker mod that made the grilles look like amplifiers.

Any idea where to acquire those? If it was a DIY one-off then hopefully someone here can share the details (please).

#4076 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I saw some cool speaker mod that made the grilles look like amplifiers.
Any idea where to acquire those? If it was a DIY one-off then hopefully someone here can share the details (please).

I got them from @thePLAyNone. Apaprently he has a friend that makes them up, had the decals and the different foam so they look like Marshall amps.

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I got them from thePLAyNone. Apaprently he has a friend that makes them up, had the decals and the different foam so they look like Marshall amps.

Any pictures of these?

#4078 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any pictures of these?

I don't have any handy, but if I think of it I'll try to snap a pic this evening.

#4079 6 years ago

marshall (resized).jpgmarshall (resized).jpg

#4081 6 years ago

I like that.

#4082 6 years ago

Dats what I'm talk'n bout Willis.

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The speaker light kits and designs for SPIKE 2 games should be available at http://www.speakerlightkits.com soon.

If anyone knows another source for Spike2 speaker lights, please PM me. My stainless steel mirror grills are just waiting to be lit.

AS-Grill2 (resized).jpgAS-Grill2 (resized).jpg

#4084 6 years ago

What do you guys think of a pro for 4k? It's been on route since purchased but I bet half the games are mine. It's pretty basic, no mods or shaker, but it does have pin blades just not the good ones. It needs a cleaning and some new rubber but everything else is seems good. The magnet in front of the toy box is marked but I can't tell if it just needs a cleaning or something else.

#4085 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What do you guys think of a pro for 4k? It's been on route since purchased but I bet half the games are mine. It's pretty basic, no mods or shaker, but it does have pin blades just not the good ones. It needs a cleaning and some new rubber but everything else is seems good. The magnet in front of the toy box is marked but I can't tell if it just needs a cleaning or something else.

That sounds like a great deal - that's over $1000 less than new.

#4086 6 years ago

$4k sounds like a great price. Buy it and play the crap out of it!

#4087 6 years ago

$4k sounds like a great price. Buy it and play the crap out of it!

I forgot to mention is has the door lock security bar which is probably drilled into the front door. I assume it's drilled in but I'll have to take another look. Is there any other method?

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I forgot to mention is has the door lock security bar which is probably drilled into the front door. I assume it's drilled in but I'll have to take another look. Is there any other method?

Par for a routed game. Take the bar off but leave the bolts in and it should look fine. You might see if he will allow you to inspect with bar off to ensure decals are still ok underneath the mounting points.

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What do you guys think of a pro for 4k?

It’s $4k ... don’t be too fussy, go buy it, tidy it up, play the crap out of it, and in a year it’ll still be worth $4k.

rd

1 week later
#4090 6 years ago

New Aero code before 2018?

Tim

3 weeks later
#4092 6 years ago

Come on Stern, 9 more days until 2018. Good time to push out some updated Aero code.

Tim

#4093 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

If anyone knows another source for Spike2 speaker lights, please PM me. My stainless steel mirror grills are just waiting to be lit.

Where do the mirror grills come from?

#4094 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Where do the mirror grills come from?

Same question here? Still no Spike 2 games on http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpgHOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg

#4095 6 years ago

AS code is clean but is basically; 6 modes, two multiballs and 1 or 2 wizard modes...the old B/W have more... cmon Borg add a few more side missions or something...

#4096 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

AS code is clean but is basically; 6 modes, two multiballs and 1 or 2 wizard modes...the old B/W have more... cmon Borg add a few more side missions or something...

AS code might be simple but it’s extremely good and very well done except for a few small bugs that will be fixed soon. Also, Borg didn’t write the code, he designed the game. Lonnie Ropp did the coding for the game.

#4097 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS code might be simple but it’s extremely good and very well done except for a few small bugs that will be fixed soon. Also, Borg didn’t write the code, he designed the game. Lonnie Ropp did the coding for the game.

I realize Lonnie writes the code but Borg gives him the green light doesnt he? In any case a little extra depth in code would help open it up as the modes seems similar.

#4098 6 years ago

I couldn't imagine not liking this game.

#4099 6 years ago

I couldn't imagine not liking this game. Even if you don't like them, the ball lock is really cool and it shoots really well.

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I couldn't imagine not liking this game.

Well this is Pinside and folks love to talk and complain about what games they dont like, why they don't like parts of games and why games they like are better than what you like, so I am sure AS makes folks cranky and miserable also.

But yeah, AS puts fun into pinball and fun is why I play. Glad you enjoy it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.