You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 84.
#4001 2 years ago

"But it has not been all sunshine & big titties so I'm sharing my experiences & opinions."

Glad to see you guys hug it out

Some days are better than others. The girl in Elevator MB after an all night rager with the band

IMG_6660 (resized).PNG

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"But it has not been all sunshine & big titties so I'm sharing my experiences & opinions."
Glad to see you guys hug it out
Some days are better than others. The girl in Elevator MB after an all night rager with the band

Lol good stuff iceman......reminds me of my younger days back in the 80’s! That was a fairly common thing to see back then.

#4003 2 years ago

For what it is worth, neither of my Spike games (GB or AS) has ever rebooted that I have noticed. I would not consider that normal nor would I live with that if it started happening to my games.

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

For what it is worth, neither of my Spike games (GB or AS) has ever rebooted that I have noticed. I would not consider that normal nor would I live with that if it started happening to my games.

It's only ever happened to me on hot games, usually well into the game and when a lot of stuff is going on.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Play better & they WILL reset.

It's happened to me on TWD & AS.

I'm not the only one guys. You don't have to look far on Pinside to hear similar stories

For me & errrrbody else its happened to its always the game of all games. When purdy much every insert, flasher & coil is hot. And then... darrrknesssss.

FyYli72 (resized).jpg

#4006 2 years ago

Anyone noticed that one of the Dude reveals looks like a woman? Also, she’s in a completely different art style? She’s doing the same dance as one of the silhouette ladies. I’m guessing all of the dancing ladies were this art style and were blacked out. One lady made it through somehow.

More of an observation than a complaint. Wonder if she’ll be replaced in a code update.

F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg

#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Play better & they WILL reset.
It's happened to me on TWD & AS.
I'm not the only one guys. You don't have to look far on Pinside to hear similar stories

Doesn't matter what type of game I was having when the reset occurred. Like I said, I wouldn't accept it as normal and I would be troubleshooting and replacing parts until the issue was resolved.

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Doesn't matter what type of game I was having when the reset occurred. Like I said, I wouldn't accept it as normal and I would be replacing parts until the issue was resolved.

Stern makes two types of games.

1. The type that have reset.
2. The type that will reset.

It's so rare your warranty would likely expire before you even encounter it. Then I bet you ain't replacing shit lol.

Anyway guys I'm taking a break from this for a bit + deleting my cabinet pics/video. I think Stern should be allowed to outlive a mistake they resolved.

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude
You can't be serious.
Resets are the norm for new Stern games.

I have a Aerosmith Pro and it has never reset. I have about 350 plays on it.

#4010 2 years ago

What are you saying Rascal on "Dude looks like a lady"?

#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone noticed that one of the Dude reveals looks like a woman? Also, she’s in a completely different art style? She’s doing the same dance as one of the silhouette ladies. I’m guessing all of the dancing ladies were this art style and were blacked out. One lady made it through somehow.
More of an observation than a complaint. Wonder if she’ll be replaced in a code update.

I'd much rather they had more ladies and less dudes.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What are you saying Rascal on "Dude looks like a lady"?

Well if she a dude she’s doing the best job at being a lady. The bald, bearded guy in his underwear creeps me out.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'd much rather they had more ladies and less dudes.

Truth. Would love to be able to replace assets.

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Different power supply in the pros, plus less things powered. I haven't spent much time on the pros, this may be a Spike Prem/LE issue only due to different power supply and more stuff powered vs a pro.

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Well if she a dude she’s doing the best job at being a lady. The bald, bearded guy in his underwear creeps me out.

Truth. Would love to be able to replace assets.

The bearded guy is hilarious though

You know it's the times. Dudes can def look like ladies today which is even more creepy to me

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Play more

#4016 2 years ago

I saw a tournament where Virtual Locks were enabled on AS. What is the reason?

1). Stops stealing of locks
2). Stops short plunges to lock balls

So does everyone agree it’s super easy to plunge lock? Sneak locks. Is it soo easy to do that you should turn off locks at Home too?

#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I saw a tournament where Virtual Locks were enabled on AS. What is the reason?
1). Stops stealing of locks
2). Stops short plunges to lock balls
So does everyone agree it’s super easy to plunge lock? Sneak locks. Is it soo easy to do that you should turn off locks at Home too?

I think it's only #1. If I lock 5 balls in the box then drain. The next player starts multiball after locking 3, but gets 5 balls dumped on the PF from the box. Not fair.

Even with virtual locks, you still have to hit the shot to virtually lock the ball so I don't think your point 2 makes sense. Virtual lock or not, you can still short plunge to lock.

#4018 2 years ago

‘Virtual lock or not, you can still short plunge to lock.’

Yes and no. You can plunge to lock only after you drain (new ball). Otherwise each lock used to allow a new chance to plunge... which gets disabled. I think it’s a game changer

#4019 2 years ago

‘Virtual lock or not, you can still short plunge to lock.’
Yes and no. You can plunge to lock only after you drain (new ball). Otherwise each lock used to allow a new change to plunge... that gets disabled. I think it’s a game changer

Oh, I see what you are saying and agree, that does change the game a little.

I think you must disable physical lock to keep the game fair (even) from one player to the next. Removing the short plunge option is a side effect of disabling the physical lock and impacts all players evenly.

Also, if player 1 locks 1 ball with the physical lock, he gets to attempt short plunging the next ball(s). Assume player 1 locks 5 balls, then drains, player 2 does not get to attempt short plunging at all, since 5 balls are already in the box. That's not even.

#4020 2 years ago

Not owning the game myself, my biggest question remains... exactly how easy is the short plunge to lock balls?

Very, kind of, sometimes, or rarely

#4021 2 years ago

Not owning the game myself, my biggest question remains... exactly how easy is the short plunge to lock balls?

Pretty easy.

#4022 2 years ago

I'd say you have a 50/50 chance at it at least

#4023 2 years ago

If you find the right ramp frustrating as I have try adjusting the right flipper up a bit.
You should be able to make the right ramp rather consistently using the right flipper from a dead stop cradle. If you can't do this try adjustment... it only takes a wee bit.

#4024 2 years ago

I’ve never played an AS machine where you could not always backhand the right ramp.

Pretty sure that Timballs pointed out this backhand trick months ago. Still never seen a tournament player attempt this simple move on AS. Did they not get the memo yet?

#4025 2 years ago

Although I can backhand that shot, it is so much easier to shoot the middle ramp and then use the left flipper.

I can make that combo at a much higher % than backhanding it.

#4026 2 years ago

I’ve never played an AS machine where you could not always backhand the right ramp.
Pretty sure that Timballs pointed out this backhand trick months ago. Still never seen a tournament player attempt this simple move on AS. Did they not get the memo yet?

If the best tournament players aren't doing it, then it must not be the highest percentage shot. Those guys don't miss a beat.

#4027 2 years ago

For people who attended Expo and/or walked the Stern tour, any confirmation on code release dates?

Amazing that the biggest Stern reveal from expo was a code reveal for Batman.

JP

#4028 2 years ago

Well, hopefully Expo has been a wake up call for Stern to make changes going forward.

I prefer playing Stern games to JJP but that may change with POTC.

AS is already a fun game but a really good update will help them sell a ton more and give us more confidence in the brand going forward.

#4029 2 years ago

Played AS last night is there a link for rules

#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Played AS last night is there a link for rules

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

For people who attended Expo and/or walked the Stern tour, any confirmation on code release dates?

Yep. They're dropping the final bug fixes on ST tonight, putting some finishing touches on KISS and GoT tomorrow, and finally adding the wizard mode to GB on Monday ...

#4032 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. They're dropping the final bug fixes on ST tonight, putting some finishing touches on KISS and GoT tomorrow, and finally adding the wizard mode to GB on Monday ...

Sweeeet.....I can't wait!

#4033 2 years ago

I got my AS a few weeks ago and have not had much time on it yet but so far so good. Is there a way to load new songs?

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I got my AS a few weeks ago and have not had much time on it yet but so far so good. Is there a way to load new songs?

Nope

#4035 2 years ago

Played a DILE first time so interesting to compare to ASLE.

DILE sure shoots smooth as butter and looks well built. Loaded with toys although not a fan of Bob the Builder.

But for me the biggest disappointment is the audio package - it just doesn't excite me or sound awesome.

Back to AS. Just as fun as DI but better audio package and I am not even an AS fan. Subjective of course.

Looking at POTC - it's totally loaded but audio package not epic ( to me anyway ).

Bottom line is I prefer AS to DI.

But Expo was not a good presentation by Stern at all.

I have kind of stuck by them with all the QC issues and cost cutting but if they don't get their act together with finishing code for games, that is the final straw for me.

So, basically hoping the next AS code update is a great one

#4036 2 years ago

Played AS at Stern when it came out. While it was a fun pin, I shied away from it, because I didn't want another music pin.

Flash-forward to Saturday at Expo. I played a few games on a Pro and a Premium, and, dammit, it's just such a FUN pin. Of everything I played at Expo, that was the one pin I couldn't get out of my head on the drive home.

I think I'm going to order a Pro from Tilt this week. The Premium was cool, but upper playfields don't do much for me.

And as is usually the case with a Borg pin, the Pro doesn't seem like a Premium completely stripped of everything and turned into a completely different machine.

Glad I never bet anyone that I would never own an AS!

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Played AS at Stern when it came out. While it was a fun pin, I shied away from it, because I didn't want another music pin.
Flash-forward to Saturday at Expo. I played a few games on a Pro and a Premium, and, dammit, it's just such a FUN pin. Of everything I played at Expo, that was the one pin I couldn't get out of my head on the drive home.
I think I'm going to order a Pro from Tilt this week. The Premium was cool, but upper playfields don't do much for me.
And as is usually the case with a Borg pin, the Pro doesn't seem like a Premium completely stripped of everything and turned into a completely different machine.
Glad I never bet anyone that I would never own an AS!

Great game for sure and a lot of people don’t know what they are missing because they are overlooking this game!

#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Great game for sure and a lot of people don’t know what they are missing because they are overlooking this game!

I know what you mean. I ran into Borg at Expo and told him I don't wanna like AS, but I just keep being drawn back to it.

I guess I now know how all the people who don't like Metallica's music felt back in 2012.

I wish John got assigned more non-music themes, because if that were the case, I'd have a basement full of just his pins!

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Actually, I think you can. Pinball Browser now supports SPIKE ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/49#post-3855929

#4040 2 years ago

My bad....I didn't think that you could for some reason? Interesting....

#4041 2 years ago

That's great news!

If I buy a Pro, I can add "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and think about Armageddon and the asteroid splitting up during 6 ball multi-ball.

Or not. (Still can't believe my wife picked that song for our first dance back in 2000.)

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

That's great news!
If I buy a Pro, I can add "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and think about Armageddon and the asteroid splitting up during 6 ball multi-ball.
Or not. (Still can't believe my wife picked that song for our first dance back in 2000.)

She could have picked Dude Looks Like a Lady.

Yeah to me AS is a little softer, more relaxing and fun version of MET. It was not on my radar, but it was my number 1 aftet playing at TPF, so I bought it. 5 of my local friends were the same way and played then bought it after I did and they all love it. The Artwork is off the charts good. Borg is the man. Enjoy it.

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

That's great news!

FYI - you can't just add songs, you have to replace songs with songs that have the same exact length. You can use songs that are longer, but they will be cut off at the length of the song being replaced. If you have a shorter song, there will be a blank/silence in the gap.

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

If you have a shorter song, there will be a blank/silence in the gap.

I got around this on MET by looping the song.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I got around this on MET by looping the song.

Metallica songs are so damn long that looping isn't a big deal to do because making it to the end of a 6-7 minute song is tough. The songs rewind a little bit after draining so that extends each song too. Makes it a little more difficult to replace songs on Metallica by trying to find good songs that are close to the same length as the original track. I don't recommend putting two songs in one slot even though it can be done. You just don't end up hearing much of the 2nd song and if you drain soon after the 2nd song is started the "rewind" will go back towards the end of the first song. Just not a satisfying solution. Looping works best for Metallica if you want a shorter song in a long song slot.

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - you can't just add songs, you have to replace songs with songs that have the same exact length. You can use songs that are longer, but they will be cut off at the length of the song being replaced. If you have a shorter song, there will be a blank/silence in the gap.

I actually like the songs they picked.

As always, there might be one missing here and there I'd rather have in place of what's already there, but given the songs on AS are on the inserts, I'd probably just leave it alone (I did replace two tracks on Metallica though...and reserve the right to do it again if Iron Maiden ever happens).

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I actually like the songs they picked.
As always, there might be one missing here and there I'd rather have in place of what's already there, but given the songs on AS are on the inserts, I'd probably just leave it alone (I did replace two tracks on Metallica though...and reserve the right to do it again if Iron Maiden ever happens).

Yeah, it might be fun to try but the song titles are all over the playfield and set list on the lcd. Just wouldn’t make much sense.

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah, it might be fun to try but the song titles are all over the playfield and set list on the lcd. Just wouldn’t make much sense.

I agree, no need to change em. I did it on Ac/dc, not with this one.

Fun factor is really high on AS, and the LCD implementation is awesome.

#4049 2 years ago

There was a rumor a while back that a song maybe added in the code update.

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There was a rumor a while back that a song maybe added in the code update.

"Dream On" man, ain't happenin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maryville, TN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside