You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 84.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My cabinet was a pile of shit on day one.
My distro said I was the 2nd split NIB that week.
The replacement they shipped did not have new supports
Cabinet issues are not due to customers being rough on HUO games. This is a new phenomenon. Its Stern.
From what I gather Stern uses several cabinet vendors.
I'd wait on buying one till the next code update too BTW. That way you buy the game you like vs the theoretical one you hope it someday becomes.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you PW. I know you had a bad experience with your cabinet and I totally understand your frustration but the fact is, not many people are having cabinet issues.

As far as gameplay goes, I don't even see how you can rag on this pin at all when it comes to the code because it's excellent. They also just said the other day that AS is getting a code update soon. I want that update to polish this fantastic game off, but even if I didn't get a code update I would still love this pin and never sell it. Aerosmith is a fantastic game right now the way it is.

#3952 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sorry but I have to disagree with you PW. I know you had a bad experience with your cabinet and I totally understand your frustration but the fact is, not many people are having cabinet issues.
As far as gameplay goes, I don't even see how you can rag on this pin at all when it comes to the code because it's excellent. They also just said the other day that AS is getting a code update soon. I want that update to polish this fantastic game off, but even if I didn't get a code update I would still love this pin and never sell it. Aerosmith is a fantastic game right now the way it is.

Yeah, code was very good at release.

But, it does need an update and thankfully it is getting one.

No sound in the outlanes - even a non pinball player notices that

And a game like this really needs Champion awards - How frustrating to get a superb TITA score, hardly have time to see it and then no Champion award at end of game?

This kind of polish is what Lyman puts on his games and this game needs them. It is already a real sleeper hit and if the next update is a good one, they will sell more games for sure.

Remember AC/DC and TWD - they sold massively AFTER their significant updates.

Anyway this game is already good but it 100% needs the upcoming update

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, code was very good at release.
But, it does need an update and thankfully it is getting one.
No sound in the outlanes - even a non pinball player notices that
And a game like this really needs Champion awards - How frustrating to get a superb TITA score, hardly have time to see it and then no Champion award at end of game?
This kind of polish is what Lyman puts on his games and this game needs them. It is already a real sleeper hit and if the next update is a good one, they will sell more games for sure.
Remember AC/DC and TWD - they sold massively AFTER their significant updates.
Anyway this game is already good but it 100% needs the upcoming update

I agree with everything you are saying but don’t forget that the game has only been out what, 9-10 months? I’m sure that even when it gets it’s update though that people will still complain because there are some people that just can’t be satisfied no matter what. This game is worth buying right now, code update or no code update.

#3954 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree with everything you are saying but don’t forget that the game has only been out what, 9-10 months? I’m sure that even when it gets it’s update though that people will still complain because there are some people that just can’t be satisfied no matter what. This game is worth buying right now, code update or no code update.

Agree, people will always find things they are not happy with and yes, game is worth buying now, which is why I bought one!

But, it does need an update and good news that it has already been promised

#3955 2 years ago

Oh and as it stands the consensus among tournament players I have spoken to is that Medley MB could really do with being polished/changed as it's a very tough grind, without being high scoring enough to make it worthwhile.

As an owner I am on the same page as I want this game to be a classic a few years down the road

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

i think the word "satisfied" is not correct
i agree with what you've said, but depends more if you're a "lambda" player, or a best/better one...
than yes, in these last case, most of last STERN pins do need a update for sure, just because you're going "further" in the code and than see what is not OK and/or missing (things that lambda players will never see/notice)

but OK, AE is already very good as it

#3957 2 years ago

Code is OK

Except for the power resets. Aaand except for LCD gong black for an entire song. Oh, and the lack of Smart Missles is annoying. Yes the outline sounds missing is purdy weak. The mini wizard & main wizard modes are sorta impossible & pointless too.

I dig the game but I'm just keeping things real. Sometimes I think others are afraid to be honest.

It's not all bad... The art is possibly the best of any Stern ever. I like the fundamentals of the rules. The animations are fun!

But Stern DOES have QC issues & code IS NOT final nearly 1 year later. Maybe after 3-5 years it will be done?

100% of my collection is Stern. I'm one of their biggest fans. I don't jerk em off tho & make excuses for their shortcuts. I will say Stern did step up & fix my issues so they have a customer for life. My next game will be a Stern & so will the game after that. But... I'm going to avoid buying new unfinished releases

#3958 2 years ago

I don't have the patience to read through the whole thread for this, but what kind of scores are you guys putting up when you blow up the game? I put up a 289 million on a new game on location locally after a ludicrous 6-ball multiball, completing Walk This Way and whatever awards Super Lanes, and then having another 4-ball toys MB. Like....good scores for our league seem to hover around the 75 million mark, and we've seen PLENTY of sub 30 scores. This game just feels totally random at times as to how scoring goes, it's nuts.

Totally had to lulz a bit at "Super Duper Jackpot" though..

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't have the patience to read through the whole thread for this, but what kind of scores are you guys putting up when you blow up the game? I put up a 289 million on a new game on location locally after a ludicrous 6-ball multiball, completing Walk This Way and whatever awards Super Lanes, and then having another 4-ball toys MB. Like....good scores for our league seem to hover around the 75 million mark, and we've seen PLENTY of sub 30 scores. This game just feels totally random at times as to how scoring goes, it's nuts.

I still haven't put a ton of time into the game, but all my high scores live around 300 million. GC is around 350. I've gotten to medley multiball a few times, never done well during that multiball. I do post a lot of super low scores from concentrating purely on 6 ball multiball. Nothing like seeing 4 balls dump out of the toy box at the end of the game.

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Code is OK
Except for the power resets. Aaand except for LCD gong black for an entire song. Oh, and the lack of Smart Missles is annoying. Yes the outline sounds missing is purdy weak. The mini wizard & main wizard modes are sorta impossible & pointless too.
I dig the game but I'm just keeping things real. Sometimes I think others are afraid to be honest.
It's not all bad... The art is possibly the best of any Stern ever. I like the fundamentals of the rules. The animations are fun!
But Stern DOES have QC issues & code IS NOT final nearly 1 year later. Maybe after 3-5 years it will be done?
100% of my collection is Stern. I'm one of their biggest fans. I don't jerk em off tho & make excuses for their shortcuts. I will say Stern did step up & fix my issues so they have a customer for life. My next game will be a Stern & so will the game after that. But... I'm going to avoid buying new unfinished releases

Smart missiles? What a good idea. They sound real cool.

They don't exist in my game

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Code is OK

My game does not reset and my LCD screen doesn’t go black either. You may want to call Stern about those two issues because I don’t think that is normal.

#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My game does not reset and my LCD screen doesn’t go black either. You may want to call Stern about those two issues because I don’t think that is normal.

Resetting usually happens when you're having a big game (at least when it happened to me) and is supposed to be a problem with the voltage ranges on the Node board for the flipper. It's not game specific, but a spike issue AFAIK.

#3963 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hubby has all the high scores on my game ATM...GC is 640 million...other high scores are in the 400 mil. range...pretty sure my high was 413 mil. but that was awhile ago I also had a 343 mil....I would say around here the average score is over 100 million, but usually we don't consider it a good game unless it's over 200 mil..People that aren't familiar with the game a good score might be around 30 to 60 mil. range. Haven't been playing it as much here lately Cause AS is getting ready to go to Expo.

Phoebe

#3964 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude

You can't be serious.

Resets are the norm for new Stern games. I can call Stern all I want. They can't help & they know all about the issue.

The LCD screen absolutely goes black. It's part of the song selection KISS bug or whatever it is. I've seen it myself on my own machine & others have posted about it too (and it's cause).

I have no ill feelings towards you I promise. But... either you work for Stern in some way or you ignore the writing on the Pinside wall

Quoted from vireland:

Resetting usually happens when you're having a big game (at least when it happened to me) and is supposed to be a problem with the voltage ranges on the Node board for the flipper. It's not game specific, but a spike issue AFAIK.

I'm glad you posted that.

I started to wonder if this place is all bots & I'm the only human here.

#3965 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Smart missiles? What a good idea. They sound real cool.
They don't exist in my game

Neither does my Horde insert on TWD during Horde mode lol.

IIRC. It's been a while since I fired up TWD. Been enjoying my Aerosmith *A LOT*

See Whodey, I like Aerosmith & Stern pinball. I give em props. But I'm not playing this emperors new clothes shit with them.

#3966 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

LCD will go black if you change the song after launching and before the ball hits any switches. The game is confused about what mode you are in. It’s kind of a big bug.

#3967 2 years ago

My home games are setup tournament style, therefore lower scores. EB's are turned off(way to easy to get EB's on Aerosmith), and tilt is very tight. Not quite PAPA tight, but Als not far from it. That said, my high at home is 251M on that setup.

On location at Beach Arcade I believe my high is around 420M

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

LCD will go black if you change the song after launching and before the ball hits any switches. The game is confused about what mode you are in. It’s kind of a big bug.

That was inherited when they copied KISS code as a base for Aerosmith development.

#3969 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Quoted from vireland:

That was inherited when they copied KISS code as a base for Aerosmith development.

Some folks say Stern copied software from a buggy incomplete game (KISS) & then pasted a good portion of it into Aerosmith.

The fact there's a KISS army MB option IIRC in the software menu of Aerosmith I'd say there's some truth to that theory.

----------

I love love love my Aerosmith.

I'm also 100% satisfied with my after the sale service from GRG & Stern when I had an issue.

But... the code lacking nearly a year after initial release, its buggy, the cabinets are known for splitting & power resets are a guarantee of the boardset it appears.

So I'm an unhappy happy customer lol

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Some folks say Stern copied software from a buggy incomplete game (KISS) & then pasted a good portion of it into Aerosmith.

It's clear they copied KISS code to start development. If they DIDN'T they're morons because a good lot of Aerosmith is essentially re-skinned KISS. But they did. The KISS Army Multiball setting in initial Aerosmith firmware pretty much let that cat out of the bag. And the KISS song change bug that's in Aerosmith, too confirmed it.

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The fact there's a KISS army MB option IIRC in the software menu of Aerosmith I'd say there's some truth to that theory.
----------
I love love love my Aerosmith.
I'm also 100% satisfied with my after the sale service from GRG & Stern when I had an issue.
But... the code lacking nearly a year after initial release, its buggy, the cabinets are known for splitting & power resets are a guarantee of the boardset it appears.
So I'm an unhappy happy customer lol

I think Stern are finally getting the message that all this kind of stuff is going to hit their bottom line pretty soon.

So, I am a little bit more optimistic that KISS and AS will get the updates they deserve.

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude
You can't be serious.
Resets are the norm for new Stern games. I can call Stern all I want. They can't help & they know all about the issue.
The LCD screen absolutely goes black. It's part of the song selection KISS bug or whatever it is. I've seen it myself on my own machine & others have posted about it too (and it's cause).
I have no ill feelings towards you I promise. But... either you work for Stern in some way or you ignore the writing on the Pinside wall

I'm glad you posted that.
I started to wonder if this place is all bots & I'm the only human here.

PW I don’t care if you have ill feelings toward me or not, you wouldn’t be the first if you did and you won’t be the last. I’m one of those people who doesn’t care about what other people think. I have had my GB reset maybe one time and my AS and GOT to the best of my knowledge has never reset during a game. If it has I can guarantee you it hasn’t happened more than one time so maybe I forgot, I don’t know. I have had AS not boot up two or three times at start up but I don’t have a problem with it or any of my other two spike games shutting down during gameplay. If you knew this then why the hell did you buy one to begin with? I have had it switch songs during the ball launch but I don’t remember my screen going black but maybe it did who knows? That bug has only happened to me a few times so while I’d like to have it fixed, it’s not a big deal and doesn’t really affect me while I’m playing my game and having fun.

Ok this a 2 part message here. While writing this post I decided to try and exploit thes bug and here is what I found. I always soft plunge so it should be happening to me a lot but it doesn’t. You have to pretty much start flipping the flippers as soon as you plunge the ball to make this happen so I guess I don’t do that as much as you do or something because it rarely happens to me, and I have to try pretty hard to make it happen seems like so not that big of a deal really. Do I want that fixed? Of course I do but I’m not going to throw a fit about it while waiting on them to update it on the next code release, I can deal with it. As far as the screen turning black, I did not experience that at all. It does freeze with the band members just standing there but it doesn’t turn black.....at least during my little test session.

I guess the difference between me and you is I play and have fun and you must look and dwell on every little negative that you can find. I have a feeling that you may be one of those guys that can’t be made happy no matter what. No offense but I do have that feeling. This game has a few bugs yes, but it’s also damn good dude so enjoy it and play the hell out of it until the next update comes out. As far as your game resetting, I can assure you that my spike games do not do that. I think I remember GB doing it one time but that’s it.

#3973 2 years ago

Never had a reset on any Stern game ever for me, except AC/DC a couple of times

AS has been flawless.

You brought yourself some bad karma Curly

#3974 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never had a reset on any Stern game ever for me, except AC/DC a couple of times
AS has been flawless.
You brought yourself some bad karma Curly

Oh my God.....so you.mean that maybe I'm not crazy and I don't work for Stern? Now I am really confused! Oh well back to playing Ghostbusters. I got a pretty good game going here, got my fingers crossed that this piece of sh*t doesn't reset on me!

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh my God.....so you.mean that maybe I'm not crazy and I don't work for Stern? Now I am really confused! Oh well back to playing Ghostbusters. I got a pretty good game going here, got my fingers crossed that this piece of sh*t doesn't reset on me!

Still loving my GB too. Played it a lot this weekend, need to flip the magna slings for more action.

No Who Dey, you ain't no crazy Stern employee

Btw, my Ac/dc resets had nothing to do with the Dmd, it was the ball trough wiring, i see we are talking about Spike and I personally haven't had any LCD issue with Batman (plenty of other issues) or AS

#3976 2 years ago

Fwiw ... my personal experience:

Stern Whitestar: owned dozens of them. Never had a reset.

Stern SAM: owned lots of them. Never had a reset.

Stern SPIKE: own GOT pro,
KISS Pro, As pro, Bm66 premium, and had a GB pro at my house for a month.

Kiss: occasional resets. Maybe 3-4 ever

AS pro: unboxed last week. Crashed once.

Bm66: no crashes yet

GOT pro: crashes occasionally, inevitably when I am about to start Iron Throne. Lol

GB Pro: started crashing every few days, in two weeks it was crashing every game when you hit the flippers, like an old 1990s BW with bad bridge rectifiers. Local agent talked to Stern for an hour and they said the flipper node board has a watchdog in it that resets if the voltage falls too low ... same as a WPC CPU does (that's why WPCs crash)
They sent a new power supply and it hasn't missed a beat since.

That's where the reset issues are.

I was talking to the local agents tech, and he was saying he thinks the power supplies have a pot in them to bump the 48v a little ... which would fix the problem. I haven't seen him since then, so I don't know if they do or not, but if they did bump up to say 48.5v that'd sort the problem for sure.

rd

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was talking to the local agents tech, and he was saying he thinks the power supplies have a pot in them to bump the 48v a little ... which would fix the problem. I haven't seen him since then, so I don't know if they do or not, but if they did bump up to say 48.5v that'd sort the problem for sure.
rd

Next time I have one open to upgrade the fan, I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip.

#3978 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess the difference between me and you is I play and have fun and you must look and dwell on every little negative that you can find. I have a feeling that you may be one of those guys that can’t be made happy no matter what. No offense but I do have that feeling

OK

You're right.

It's not the split cabs, resetting boards, black LCD or incomplete code.

It's me.

You have ignored the praises I've given Stern & only focused on the negative.

No need to crusade, I'm just sharing my experience with others.

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Next time I have one open to upgrade the fan, I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip.

What kind of upgrade fans do you use in the power supplies?

#3980 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

What kind of upgrade fans do you use in the power supplies?

The super-silence series, HA40201V4-000U-999. Takes the noise from about 30db down to 12db. After the change, you basically don't hear it come on anymore.

Note that this is for Stern Prem/LE. The Pros use different (larger) fans. Also JJP uses a different fan for the head venting that can be reduced by a similar amount.

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

OK
You're right.
It's not the split cabs, resetting boards, black LCD or incomplete code.
It's me.
You have ignored the praises I've given Stern & only focused on the negative.
No need to crusade, I'm just sharing my experience with others.

I am glad you are sharing your experience believe me, but how do you expect me to act when you come on here and insult me and tell me for the 10th time that I work for Stern? I’m not a Stern fan boy, I call everything like I see it like it so don’t tell me that games resetting and split cabinets are the norm when I know that they aren’t. I am not having all these reset issues that you claim, neither is iceman and neither are a lot of people. As a matter of fact I don’t recall you ever even posting any pics of your poor quality cabinet.......hmmm.

I do believe that Stern is guilty of cheapening things up and cutting cost and maybe some bad quality control, but I also think they make some pretty good games also......they do in fact have a lot of room for improvement though I will agree. The cabinet issue is gone though looks like, that thread has been long forgotten about considering there was this big discussion about how everyone’s cabinets were falling apart and splitting. It simply wasn’t true just like I said that it wasn’t when that thread first started. Yes there was some bad cabinets, we all know that but everyone’s cabinets wasn’t falling apart and I highly doubt that Stern told the people who makes them to use cheaper materials so they could save a few bucks. They could be built better though probably so I agree a little bit on that but the fact still is, that cabinets aren’t falling apart in record numbers.

Please continue to share your experiences though good or bad because it educates all of us and helps Stern make a better product hopefully. Just knock the you work for Stern crap off and believe me when I tell you that I am not having resets and black screens all the time. Believe me, if I was I would be on here bitching about it loud and clear. My games are good though and I love playing them and they have been trouble free through thousands of plays. I won’t sit here and lie though and tell you that they are built as good as the tanks of old because they definitely aren’t. There’s always room for improvement. My biggest concern right now is the playfield ghosting, not the spike system or the cabinets.

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The super-silence series, HA40201V4-000U-999. Takes the noise from about 30db down to 12db. After the change, you basically don't hear it come on anymore.
Note that this is for Stern Prem/LE. The Pros use different (larger) fans. Also JJP uses a different fan for the head venting that can be reduced by a similar amount.

This one?
amazon.com link »

#3983 2 years ago

This one?
amazon.com link »

Get it from Digikey. You can get 3 for what Amazon 3rd party sellers are asking for 1.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/sunon-fans/HA40201V4-1000U-A99/259-1791-ND/6198729

Note that you'll also need a 3 to 2 wire adapter like this:
amazon.com link »

...and you'll have to switch the red and black wire to match the orientation of the stock fan plug.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Get it from Digikey. You can get 3 for what Amazon 3rd party sellers are asking for 1.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/sunon-fans/HA40201V4-1000U-A99/259-1791-ND/6198729
Note that you'll also need a 3 to 2 wire adapter like this:
amazon.com link »
...and you'll have to switch the red and black wire to match the orientation of the stock fan plug.

Thank you!
Any idea on the fan type for the Pro power supplies?

#3985 2 years ago

Thank you!

I don’t know what it is but holy sheeeet is it loud!

#3986 2 years ago

Thank you!

No idea. The route only gets Prem/LEs so I haven't taken apart a pro power supply.

#3987 2 years ago

Here Who-Dey

Games are shipped on their back... but the front cabinet seam was split from day one.

Someone @ Stern decided to torque down a head bolt into the backbox without a washer, then removed it & sent it to me.

Someone @ the cabinet factory opted to use a hollow & broken corner piece @ the leg bolts. Saw dust & splinters fell into the cabinet when I simply pushed the bolt into the cab. Tightening it just made the piece collapse.

The veneers of the cabinet were seperating (see video) which is nonsense. Its still strapped in the video. The grey foam is visible.

My PF has a half dozen? Debris in the clear coat too (which I chose to live with & not mention

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here Who-Dey
Games are shipped on their back... but the front cabinet seam was split from day one.
Someone @ Stern decided to torque down a head bolt into the backbox without a washer, then removed it & sent it to me.
Someone @ the cabinet factory opted to use a hollow & broken corner piece @ the leg bolts. Saw dust & splinters fell into the cabinet when I simply pushed the bolt into the cab. Tightening it just made the piece collapse.
The veneers of the cabinet were seperating (see video) which is nonsense. Its still strapped in the video. The grey foam is visible.
My PF has a half dozen? Debris in the clear coat too (which I chose to live with & not mention to Stern).
» YouTube video

No sense in that for sure. I hope they have a way of tracking who may have done that and fire the Moron. I would have been pissed off for sure. They should have given you a free topper for your trouble, not even joking.

#3989 2 years ago

My GB and AS were made about 2 weeks of each other and both had a split left seam of the cabinets. I repaired both and you can hardly notice. Both pins are on Teflon sliders on Berber carpet. I play on a stool so there was little nudging. This splitting was the first I've ever had since 1954. It seems Stern has corrected this situation so I wouldn't worry about it now.

That said, these Stearns have been otherwise rock solid, no problems at all. GB and AS are really good games. It's hard to pick a favorite but I can say AS has an immediate like factor but GB really shines after continued use.

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Can you take pictures the next time you switch out a fan? If you can do a youtube video, that would be even better.

The quieter fan, does it perform the same?

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My GB and AS were made about 2 weeks of each other and both had a split left seam of the cabinets. I repaired both and you can hardly notice. Both pins are on Teflon sliders on Berber carpet. I play on a stool so there was little nudging. This splitting was the first I've ever had since 1954. It seems Stern has corrected this situation so I wouldn't worry about it now.
That said, these Stearns have been otherwise rock solid, no problems at all. GB and AS are really good games. It's hard to pick a favorite but I can say AS has an immediate like factor but GB really shines after continued use.

Do you have a problem with your AS resetting during gameplay any, or getting just a black screen occasionally? How about your GB, does it ever reset? My GB did that one time I think but my AS has never done that.

#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here Who-Dey
My PF has a half dozen? Debris in the clear coat too (which I chose to live with & not mention to Stern).
» YouTube video

Not good.
I had ever so slight separation at bottom of cabinet so used some panel pins in the same way Gottlieb did back in the 50's!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you take pictures the next time you switch out a fan? If you can do a youtube video, that would be even better.

I switched out my KISS fan - so much better now.

Not done AS as whilst as noisy, it doesn't seem to come on as much as my KISS so it hasn't bugged me as much.

#3993 2 years ago

Sometimes my AS doesn't boot up when turned on. I have to shut it off and wait 30 seconds then turn it back on.

#3994 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I plan to document this fan upgrade next week and to examine the 48.5v issues causing the random restarts. I have 4 spike games and the current fan noise drives me nuts. And so far no restarts.

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No sense in that for sure. I hope they have a way of tracking who may have done that and fire the Moron. I would have been pissed off for sure. They should have given you a free topper for your trouble, not even joking.

Here's the thing...

If I ask for free shit I lose credibility & could be perceived as some guy who just complains for no reason. You know, similar to how you misinterpreted my gripes as being superficial & high maintenance when in fact I'm quite patient & understanding.

To recap...

I love my Aerosmith. It's really something special.

I am a fan of Stern. They're my favorite manufacturer.

Stern & my distro (GRG) made things right & both have earned my trust for future transactions once code/QC is cleaned up.

But it has not been all sunshine & big titties so I'm sharing my experiences & opinions.

#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here's the thing...
If I ask for free shit I lose credibility & could be perceived as some guy who just complains for no reason. You know, similar to how you misinterpreted my gripes as being superficial & high maintenance when in fact I'm quite patient & understanding.
To recap...
I love my Aerosmith. It's really something special.
I am a fan of Stern. They're my favorite manufacturer.
Stern & my distro (GRG) made things right & both have earned my trust for future transactions once code/QC is cleaned up.
But it has not been all sunshine & big titties so I'm sharing my experiences & opinions.

You shouldn’t have to ask for free stuff, it should have been given to you with an apology. Receiving a cabinet like you did is totally uncalled for and I feel like they should have done a little more than just gave you a new cabinet. That’s what I would have done if I worked for Stern.

#3997 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I feel like they should have done a little more than just gave you a new cabinet. That’s what I would have done if I worked for Stern.

Nice try Gary

(JK)

#3998 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The rated CFM is about 2/3 the stock one, but I've never had a heating issue due to insufficient venting, and I've converted 5 machines. The stock Stern one is intolerable, IMO. No idea why they don't have the spec for their Power Supply orders changed. They do enough volume that they could do it, no problem.

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Sometimes my AS doesn't boot up when turned on. I have to shut it off and wait 30 seconds then turn it back on.

Welcome to Spike.

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you have a problem with your AS resetting during gameplay any, or getting just a black screen occasionally? How about your GB, does it ever reset? My GB did that one time I think but my AS has never done that.

I've never had any resetting problems at all. My Stearns have been rock solid except for the cabinet issue.

#4000 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Nice try Gary
(JK)

It’s all good. That’s not an insult anyway....I like Gary. He’s a cool guy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside