You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 84.
#3901 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, seems like an AS update on the way.
What do people want to see?
Here are a few things.
1. Medley MB - doesn't really work and way too hard. Needs major tweaking. How about having 10 smart missiles at the beginning of the mode, to be used as and when player chooses?
2. Champion awards.
3. Outlanes - sound please!
4. Bug fixes.
5. More use of smart missiles - just seen I haven't been awarded one in last 100 games!!
That's the basics for me anyway.

Is there some rumors of a new code coming? I haven't heard anything at all?

#3902 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there some rumors of a new code coming? I haven't heard anything at all?

Someone rang Stern and apparently AS and MET next for code updates. Take it with a pinch of salt though...

#3903 6 years ago

Someone rang Stern and apparently AS and MET next for code updates. Take it with a pinch of salt though...

We'll take it! I would like to see something done with the smart missiles for sure. I have had one in almost 500 games played and I didn't even know what to do with the damn thing.

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We'll take it! I would like to see something done with the smart missiles for sure. I have had one in almost 500 games played and I didn't even know what to do with the damn thing.

What do you do with it?

#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was ashamed to admit I have NEVER even seen the darn things but even on a 400 million game they don't appear.....

They sound frikin cool and should be way more accessible.

#3906 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What do you do with it?

Oh not much, kept hitting the smart missiles button I think and nothing happened that I am aware of. Lol

#3907 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh not much, kept hitting the smart missiles button I think and nothing happened that I am aware of. Lol

I've seen it one time and couldn't figure out what it did, even after I hit the button.

#3908 6 years ago

Code update? Polished code? Wishlist items addressed? ...same 'ol song and dance

#3909 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I've seen it one time and couldn't figure out what it did, even after I hit the button.

Good to know I'm not the only one that didn't know what to do.

#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code update? Polished code? Wishlist items addressed? ...same 'ol song and dance

Be positive my brother! Things are going to be different this time around, we got Lonnie on our side. AS is his masterpiece!!

#3911 6 years ago

I have had smart missile a few times. I believe that when you hit the button, they give you the most important/valuable shot in the mode/song that you are in. For instance hubby had a good game and he had smart missiles. He needed 1 shot for the super duper jackpot in TITA MB he hit the button and it gave him that shot. The only way I have seen to get them is from the mystery. It seems like you have to be pretty far along before you get them, but I have seen smart missile as my award on the screen when I have hit the mystery.

Phoebe

#3912 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have had smart missile a few times. I believe that when you hit the button, they give you the most important/valuable shot in the mode/song that you are in. For instance hubby had a good game and he had smart missiles. He needed 1 shot for the super duper jackpot in TITA MB he hit the button and it gave him that shot. The only way I have seen to get them is from the mystery. It seems like you have to be pretty far along before you get them, but I have seen smart missile as my award on the screen when I have hit the mystery.
Phoebe

Thank you, I will definitely keep that in mind. I will probably get another one within the next year or two probably. I want to use one, just got to get another one! Lol

#3913 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Be positive my brother! Things are going to be different this time around, we got Lonnie on our side. AS is his masterpiece!!

You mean like KISS? One of his best, but just like the rest...unfinished.

#3914 6 years ago

I think smart missles expire.

I gained one, tried to sandbag it, then it was gone.

I think

They're so rare. Its the fucking Sasquatch of pinball.

Harry and the Hendersons (resized).pngHarry and the Hendersons (resized).png

#3915 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think smart missles expire.
I gained one, tried to sandbag it, then it was gone.
I think
They're so rare. Its the fucking Sasquatch of pinball.

I think it's more likely that when you skip the multiball to build the toybox, it "uses" the Smart Missile. Probably a bug. Batman did the same thing with gadgets (and I'm not sure that's even fixed since the gadgets are pretty useless and I don't use them now).

#3916 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean like KISS? One of his best, but just like the rest...unfinished.

I'm not going to complain with AS because the code is very very good. Sure it needs an update to tie up some loose ends but the game is great and a blast to play. I consider the code very near done but if I was Lonnie I would give it the final polish that it deserves.

GB needs an update far worse than AS does. I can understand people wanting that one finished for sure but AS is very good already. I firmly believe that AS will be a code complete game eventually. Some people will nit pick though and never consider any game complete ever, no matter how good it is.

#3917 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not going to complain with AS because the code is very very good. Sure it needs an update to tie up some loose ends but the game is great and a blast to play. I consider the code very near done but if I was Lonnie I would give it the final polish that it deserves.
GB needs an update far worse than AS does. I can understand people wanting that one finished for sure but AS is very good already. I firmly believe that AS will be a code complete game eventually. Some people will nit pick though and never consider any game complete ever, no matter how good it is.

It's just starting to get really old the way Stern do their code.

Yes, AS was better than most at release.

But, it still needs finishing as does KISS as do other games.

Heck, people would be happier if there was communication rather than just guessing and hoping.

#3918 6 years ago

It's just starting to get really old the way Stern do their code.
Yes, AS was better than most at release.
But, it still needs finishing as does KISS as do other games.
Heck, people would be happier if there was communication rather than just guessing and hoping.

I agree with you 100%, especially about the communication.

#3919 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's more likely that when you skip the multiball to build the toybox, it "uses" the Smart Missile. Probably a bug. Batman did the same thing with gadgets (and I'm not sure that's even fixed since the gadgets are pretty useless and I don't use them now).

That's a terrible bug.

The massively underutilized Aerosmith smart missles cannot even be controlled? Strategy cannot be used?

Lol

No need for a Smart button at all then. Just make one of the scoop awards a "Random shot awarded" award.

For the life of me I am unable to construct the previous sentance without using the word "award" three times in a row.

#3920 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That's a terrible bug.
The massively underutilized Aerosmith smart missles cannot even be controlled? Strategy cannot be used?
Lol
No need for a Smart button at all then. Just make one of the scoop awards a "Random shot awarded" award.
For the life of me I am unable to construct the previous sentance without using the word "award" three times in a row.

Well, to be fair, I haven't CONFIRMED that's what happened, but given that Batman did it, it probably is. Once they fix the bug, it will let you be strategic, but who knows when that will happen. And even then, there better be better ways to earn smart missiles besides a random award once every 25 games.

#3921 6 years ago

So, seems like an AS update on the way.
What do people want to see?

I'd really like to see the delay fixed when a ball is launched at Jacky's head. It takes so long to fire the ball at his head sometimes it seems like the machine is malfunctioning.

#3922 6 years ago

I’d like to see a second way to start songs, hitting both orbits, hitting all target on upper playfield three times or something, anything really, I just have such a hard time with the damn scoop

#3923 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

I’d like to see a second way to start songs, hitting both orbits, hitting all target on upper playfield three times or something, anything really, I just have such a hard time with the damn scoop

As Steve Ritchie says........play better!

#3924 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As Steve Ritchie says........play better!

Yeah I guess it’s just a Crummy shot

#3925 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

Yeah I guess it’s just a Crummy shot

I don't have too much trouble with the left scoop shot. The left orbit and the right ramp are a Beeeotch tho!

#3926 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't have too much trouble with the left scoop shot. The left orbit and the right ramp are a Beeeotch tho!

Yes they are worse than the scoop, I guess I just want to get to the mini wizard mode more than once every 3 months....or maybe I’m just really bad

#3927 6 years ago

Has anyone changed out the GI lighting on the Pro? I just bought a bunch of purple, pink, red, and blue Op Maxs from Comet to play with. Im excited to add a little color to the playfield.

#3928 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

Yes they are worse than the scoop, I guess I just want to get to the mini wizard mode more than once every 3 months....or maybe I’m just really bad

No you aren't that bad, it's just not very easy to reach. You could change some settings and make it easier to reach I guess if you wanted to. I have only been to medley tour multiball once myself, almost had it several times though.

#3929 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No you aren't that bad, it's just not very easy to reach. You could change some settings and make it easier to reach I guess if you wanted to. I have only been to medley tour multiball once myself, almost had it several times though.

no i keep it stock, that's how its meant to be played in my opinion, ive almost reached medley a pile of times as well

#3930 6 years ago

Having played MET and KISS a ton now, really missing the fact there are no band call outs on this game. Just wish they would add some but realize it ain't gonna happen!!

AS is a great game but it lacks personality compared to KISS and I have them side by side for direct comparison.

#3931 6 years ago

Call outs are done via Jack in Box toybox character on AS, but that is all. Metallica does both Sparky plus custom band callouts, and AC/DC does choo-choo train sounds plus Steve Ritchie as their call outs (kinda weak if you think about it).

#3932 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Call outs are done via Jack in Box toybox character on AS, but that is all. Metallica does both Sparky plus custom band callouts, and AC/DC does choo-choo train sounds plus Steve Ritchie as their call outs (kinda weak if you think about it).

Probably get a lot of hate, but I pretty much think all Steve Ritchie call outs in the Stern era stink. Every one I hear I think, "That's Steve Ritchie", not "that's a cool call out."

#3933 6 years ago

Jackie’s jokes are a bit irritating. “Yo-yo? You’re a yo-yo!”

I liked hearing the bands voices in Metallica but it was pretty obvious they had no idea what context the phrases they were reading were going to be used in.

#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I liked hearing the bands voices in Metallica but it was pretty obvious they had no idea what context the phrases they were reading were going to be used in.

Sometimes he can get on your nerves a little but sometimes he makes me laugh also, like when he starts singing love in a elevator.

#3935 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Would rather hear Jackie over Lars.

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think Jacky is great! He is supposed to be mocking and annoying. I think he does a lot better job of it than Sparky on MET.

What mode has a sock puppet come out and beat the crap out of Jacky and knock him out on the LCD? Love that one!

#3937 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What mode has a sock puppet come out and beat the crap out of Jacky and knock him out on the LCD? Love that one!

Super Jacky Pot in Toys MB!

Phoebe

#3938 6 years ago

No need to hear band member callouts in a music pin. I don't need to hear Metallica's bass player talking during my game. Lead singer callouts? Those make sense. A Joe Perry callout? Lame.

#3939 6 years ago

Phoebe

No wonder I don't remember where I saw it because I don't finish it very often, but love it when I do.

#3940 6 years ago

Phoebe

Just got it for the very first time today and was very proud of myself lol.

Oh, and I do love Jack.... even if he’s a cornball sometimes.

#3941 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just got it for the very first time today and was very proud of myself lol.
Oh, and I do love Jack.... even if he’s a cornball sometime.

Don't hate him because you suck at pinball!

#3942 6 years ago

Update imminent - great to see some communication

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Stern of the Union Address! This will be a monthly update on the status of all things Stern Pinball, touching on many different topics. Without further ado my fellow pinheads:
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update.

#3943 6 years ago

Update imminent - great to see some communication
STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017

Welcome aboard, Zach Sharpe!

rd

#3944 6 years ago

Can anyone speak about the build quality.I have heard about some cabinet splitting issues. Would appreciate some info about anything that has been a problem. We are considering buying one but have heard there are some QC concerns with the newer sterns. I'm not a stern basher at all just want to make as informed a decision as possible. Cheers.

#3945 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Can anyone speak about the build quality.I have heard about some cabinet splitting issues. Would appreciate some info about anything that has been a problem. We are considering buying one but have heard there are some QC concerns with the newer sterns. I'm not a stern basher at all just want to make as informed a decision as possible. Cheers.

There were a few reported cabinet issues that have been reported but not enough to warrant any real concern IMO. I hear that Stern is also putting support brackets in their cabinets now so that should definitely solve any issues. My AS hasn’t and any problems at all and neither have any of my other three Stern games. AS is a great game and I fully recommend getting one if you want one, it’s great fun. My AS Pro will never leave my collection ever.

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There were a few reported cabinet issues that have been reported but not enough to warrant any real concern IMO. I hear that Stern is also putting support brackets in their cabinets now so that should definitely solve any issues. My AS hasn’t and any problems at all and neither have any of my other three Stern games. AS is a great game and I fully recommend getting one if you want one, it’s great fun. My AS Pro will never leave my collection ever.

Thanks for the beta , appreciate the real feedback...

#3947 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Thanks for the beta , appreciate the real feedback...

There have been a few problems with the cabinets like I said but it’s nothing widespread. There are problems occasionally with any product. Also if you aren’t rough on your stuff I am sure it will be just fine. I nudge and sometimes if I have a good game going I will even get pretty rough with the game in order to save the ball, but I’m not rough with it all the time like a game would see in an arcade environment. Some people could f*ck up a steel ball, so you gotta take that into account also......just sayin.

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There have been a few problems with the cabinets like I said but it’s nothing widespread. There are problems occasionally with any product. Also if you aren’t rough on your stuff I am sure it will be just fine. I nudge and sometimes if I have a good game going I will even get pretty rough with the game in order to save the ball, but I’m not rough with it all the time like a game would see in an arcade environment. Some people could f*ck up a steel ball, so you gotta take that into account also......just sayin.

I completely hear what you're saying. we're not rough on stuff and anything new can have glitches for sure.I was going to play one on route but it was removed the day before so only have played it a few times.

#3949 6 years ago

My cabinet was a pile of shit on day one.

My distro said I was the 2nd split NIB that week.

The replacement they shipped did not have new supports

Cabinet issues are not due to customers being rough on HUO games. This is a new phenomenon. Its Stern.

From what I gather Stern uses several cabinet vendors.

I'd wait on buying one till the next code update too BTW. That way you buy the game you like vs the theoretical one you hope it someday becomes.

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I have a Premium. I have not had any serious issues with the game. I Think that the code is good as it is and it is a fun game! The code was very good on release. It was posted I think in a Stern post on Facebook that an update was in the works so there is that from them that it is coming.
I really love mine and it won't be leaving my collection anytime soon. I am taking it to Chicago next week for The Pinball Expo to be in the free play room for others to play.
Enjoy your game if you decide to go for it! It is really fun!!

Phoebe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.