You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 84.
#3851 6 years ago

I'm still hoping a code update may include some additional music for one or both wizard modes.

Really my only knock on the game, not enough tunes!

Anyone ever get around to looking at the code in pinball browser? Usually has more titles that were paid for but not used and could potentially be added in future code.

Wishful thinking.... make it happen Stern!

#3852 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone gotten combo champ? I don't have a ton of games on mine yet, still learning the game. I think I've gotten to Medley Multiball 3 times, done poorly each time. High scores are in the high 200 million range, I may have hit 300 once. Factory scores are long gone, but no combo champion still. I've never seen any mention of how many combos I had either.
Hopefully the update will add more high score options. Best elevator multiball, best toys multiball, etc.

No Combo champ either...I think ist not even implemeded in the code so far.

#3853 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

No Combo champ either...I think ist not even implemeded in the code so far.

On my game my husband has Combo Champ with 16 combos. So it is implemented. How he got it I'm not sure, I don't recall seeing any combo screen shots. He had a 640,000,000 game, so there was alot going on on the screen that it is possible I missed any screen shots about combos though...

Phoebe

#3854 6 years ago

I have a 20 combo record on mine. I think I got close to 200M on Walk this way alone, then drained 2 quick balls.

#3855 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I have a 20 combo record on mine. I think I got close to 200M on Walk this way alone, then drained 2 quick balls.

This is why we need song champion awards

#3856 6 years ago

We need "Dream On" because I'm unable to hit all required mode shots under 30 seconds or even 50 seconds. What do we lose by not getting all mode shots in before time expires?

#3857 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

We need "Dream On" because I'm unable to hit all required mode shots under 30 seconds or even 50 seconds. What do we lose by not getting all mode shots in before time expires?

I always thought that it would be cool to have that song as a final wizard song or really like you said because the game is so hard to be an end of game song that plays the chorus or uptempo part for a bit so we could all keep dreaming! Lol

#3858 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Nice - you've got to be really dialed into the shots to get that many combos.

#3859 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm still hoping a code update may include some additional music for one or both wizard modes.
Really my only knock on the game, not enough tunes!
Anyone ever get around to looking at the code in pinball browser? Usually has more titles that were paid for but not used and could potentially be added in future code.
Wishful thinking.... make it happen Stern!

Agree on more tunes.

I'd love to change out the Run DMC version of Walk This Way. Is pinball browser workable for spike ?

Dream On should be in there as well as Train kept a rolling.

#3860 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Agree on more tunes.
I'd love to change out the Run DMC version of Walk This Way. Is pinball browser workable for spike ?
Dream On should be in there as well as Train kept a rolling.

I think the latest version supports spike. I haven't tried though.

#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think the latest version supports spike. I haven't tried though.

Well, people have changed songs on KISS which is spike so sounds like it could be done.

Also hoping for an extra song but doubt it will happen.

#3862 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, people have changed songs on KISS which is spike so sounds like it could be done.
Also hoping for an extra song but doubt it will happen.

Would be kind of cool for a end of game song where if you have a lousy game(some predetermined low score) dream on plays after last ball drain and if you get above a certain score a different song maybe the other side plays.

I guess I'm dreamin on

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I guess I'm dreamin on

Next code update should have Dream On incorporated in CIU modes.

#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Is that just a "wish" or a rumour?

#3865 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

This would be awesome

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that just a "wish" or a rumour?

Unfortunately, it's just a "wish" however, to truly make AS a gem in the future, Dream On MUST be added in CIU modes.

#3867 6 years ago

Has additional music ever been added in code updates? I'd be shocked if they added one of their biggest hits with no mention of it on the playfield or on the flyer.

#3868 6 years ago

Guys I've been on the fence about making this our next pin for months. My fear is that it might be too simple/shallow to have staying power in a 5 pin lineup. Has anyone had it for several months with lots of plays, and if so, are you still loving it as much as when you got it? I ask because when I first got my Smaug LE I loved it...but got tired of it within a few months (just not much to shoot for in that pin) Thoughts?

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I've been on the fence about making this our next pin for months. My fear is that it might be too simple/shallow to have staying power in a 5 pin lineup. Has anyone had it for several months with lots of plays, and if so, are you still loving it as much as when you got it? I ask because when I first got my Smaug LE I loved it...but got tired of it within a few months (just not much to shoot for in that pin) Thoughts?

I've had mine for several months now and I like it more than when I first got it. The rules aren't really deep and they are pretty easy to understand, but they are deep enough to keep it interesting IMO. The fun factor is what keeps this game in my lineup and not the rules. AS will never ever leave my lineup because it's fun as hell and it's the best looking game by far in my collection, the artwork is insane. I love this game and it's for sure without question The preferred game of casual players that come to my house and visit, they love it and can't get enough of it. The real fun comes though once you learn the rules and start getting good at making the shots and working toward your goals. This game is a keeper for sure!

#3870 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hobbit's a beautiful dud. Your experience is not unusual.

I still think Aerosmith is much less full-featured than KISS. The Premium is a beautiful looking game, but I just didn't click with it. Once you get past the toybox launch there's not much there. On the route I help with it was the least-popular new pin he put out in the last 18 months. KISS literally did at least 2x the business it did every month, so Aerosmith is gone already. You can get a HUO KISS Prem with a very similar set of rules and more modes for less than $6k these days.

With all the pins soon to be announced and released in the coming months (AC/DC Prem vault, Guardians of the Galaxy, Houdini, Jersey Jack #4 (ToyStory or PoTC, supposedly), Nightmare Before Christmas - wait, you can't buy that one, scratch that.), I'd wait on the decision, especially if you already have 5 pins.

#3871 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I've had it for a while and we play it as much as the others. It's getting back seat to SW now, but we still fire it up and play it. We're decent players, but not super so it's a challenge for us to get through all the mode starts or to actually complete several modes in a game. It's still a LOT of fun and doubt I can ever complete all the modes for the final wizard.

I kind of feel it as a chill pin, it's not telling a story. There are songs for the modes and you complete them different ways, and of course the multiballs to get going. It's different pinball to me than my GB. I'm not having to listen to the same mode starts etc, but rather get to pick a song and listen to it while I play. If I'm going for the biggest scores I tend to pick the same songs early on, but not necessarily even in the same order and the extra touches for the auto saves, crank it up, multiballs etc add to it.

You can't stack modes (other than with a multiball to complete) so this has some extra staying power for me too.

I'm pretty happy with all my pins right now, but I may be getting rid of another one, and it won't be AS yet.

#3872 6 years ago

I have owned it with 7 other games for the last few months. I have at least 4-5 others than AS are in the most likely in never sell category one being The Hobbit. So we all have different tastes.

Not sure where AS fits in long term but for some members in the family like my brother in law that loves pinball he says AS is the best one I have. My wife only likes AS and Hobbit but really isn't interested in pinball.

The most popular games that guests like that I have are AS, IM and Met. Interesting all designed by Borg.

#3873 6 years ago

AS is a great game but definitely hoping for a decent code update for a few things. More smart missiles as no one in my house ever sees them!

Comparing to KISS?

I actually enjoy KISS more.

And easy for me to compare.....

IMG_1673 (resized).JPGIMG_1673 (resized).JPG

#3874 6 years ago

I've had my AS for about 6 weeks. While I feel like I've seen most of what there is to see, I haven't gotten tired of it at all. It's not a stack monster like my IM or GOT. It's just a hell of a lot of fun to play. My main complaint is that the display looks so good, my 3 ColorDMDs look a bit weak in comparison. 6-ball Multiball never gets old, and that "cash it in or go for 6?" is satisfying. Even when I get 4 balls dumped out at the need of the game, lol.

#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I've had my AS for about 6 weeks. While I feel like I've seen most of what there is to see, I haven't gotten tired of it at all. It's not a stack monster like my IM or GOT. It's just a hell of a lot of fun to play. My main complaint is that the display looks so good, my 3 ColorDMDs look a bit weak in comparison. 6-ball Multiball never gets old, and that "cash it in or go for 6?" is satisfying. Even when I get 4 balls dumped out at the need of the game, lol.

Selecting the amount of balls to take into toy box multiball makes it the best multiballs of any game I've owned and this alone ads a huge amount of depth and strategy. I've got 3 balls locked, should I start? Have I got a lucrative song going? How long have I got on the song? No, I'll delay the multiball until I start a song. Have I got 2x pf going? Nup. I'll delay another start until I also get that going. I've got 5 balls in the toy box, I'll start Elevator multiball instead and get a "cheat" 5 ball Elevator before empty the toy box.

#3876 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've got 5 balls in the toy box, I'll start Elevator multiball instead and get a "cheat" 5 ball Elevator before empty the toy box.

Love this! Another great component is if you have a multiplayer game and the prior player leaves 5 in the box you can take their balls with a standard 3 lock (for lower jackpots of course).

I kind of wish it was a full on steal though... ie: Player 1 leaves 5 in and drains then Player 2 can steal the full 5 ball mb (player 1 would be reverted back to 3)... would make leaving balls in the lock an even bigger risk. That could be fun plus pits players against each other more.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has additional music ever been added in code updates? I'd be shocked if they added one of their biggest hits with no mention of it on the playfield or on the flyer.

It was done much later for Kiss after the fact... Heavens On Fire.

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Selecting the amount of balls to take into toy box multiball makes it the best multiballs of any game I've owned and this alone ads a huge amount of depth and strategy. I've got 3 balls locked, should I start? Have I got a lucrative song going? How long have I got on the song? No, I'll delay the multiball until I start a song. Have I got 2x pf going? Nup. I'll delay another start until I also get that going. I've got 5 balls in the toy box, I'll start Elevator multiball instead and get a "cheat" 5 ball Elevator before empty the toy box.

That's brilliant, I never even thought of that!

#3879 6 years ago

Finally got a chance to play AS loved art and audio. The toy was a blast but the game was a drain monster to the point I may not buy the game.I also played DI for the first time and for $9000 it was a real turd.The game attacking the flippers during multi ball was good the shaker motor added to the game.The crazy modes suck the audio was annoying as hell you have to be a major JJP fan to like this turd.

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, are you saying that if you have 5 balls in the toybox and then start elevator mb, elevator mb becomes a 5 ball multiball? And presumably scoring is higher?

#3881 6 years ago

So, are you saying that if you have 5 balls in the toybox and then start elevator mb, elevator mb becomes a 5 ball multiball? And presumably scoring is higher?

It has no way to regulate how many balls come out of the toybox, so you get everything in there if you start Elevator multiball with the toybox loaded.

#3882 6 years ago

I don't think there is a scoring advantage to this strategy. The game just dumps the box since there are not 3 balls available for the multiball. This works any time there are 4 or 5 balls in the toybox (6-4=2 the game needs 3 balls for Elevator MB so it dumps the toybox).

#3883 6 years ago

The advantage is only in having more balls on the pf and hitting more switches, no extra multipliers or bigger jackpots.

If you can control 6 balls better than 3, then it can work in your favor.

I love it when all the balls come rolling out of the box, but I can't get things under control until I lose a couple of them.

#3884 6 years ago

Yeh, no programmed scoring advantage just a couple of extra balls. And I think the game knows and doesn't give you ball save for the first 2 that drain. So if you're a pro and can trap 4 balls on one Flipper, while picking off Elevator MB shots with the other, it's a big advantage. For everyone else, it just means your multiball will probably last longer and you'll hit more switches/more likely hit the scoop etc.butnif you're in a hard to complete song, it's an advantage.

But who doesn't like 5 ball multiball?

#3885 6 years ago

My game reset today

I started every mode & was about to start Medley or whatever it is.

Never happened before.

Anyone else ever experience a reset like this?

#3886 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My game reset today
Never happened before.

Welcome to Spike 2. Happened a few times over both my Spike 2 games.

#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My game reset today
Never happened before.

Yep. Had it happen a few times. Supposedly caused by power dropping low briefly on the node board for the flippers, but I haven't heard more about it lately.

#3888 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My game reset today
Never happened before.

The weird thing is that it seems to happen during a really good, long game!

#3889 6 years ago

The weird thing is that it seems to happen during a really good, long game!

For me it ALWAYS happened when I was on a hot game, which made it an extra-strong kick in the balls.

#3890 6 years ago

I too have had the reset happen and one time a hard freeze.

The song mismatch bug is kind of freaky looking too since the game gets confused about what video it is supposed to be playing and will typically be just a black screen with some random overlays.

Nothing frequent enough to really bother me and the song one can be avoided.

#3891 6 years ago

My TSPP, FGY & LOTR never lock up or reset.

Not once

My TWD & AS however cannot say the same.

I've had 1 freeze on AS during a boot up.

Swore I saw the screen go black & display KISS once too. Maybe that was my imagination.

Weird, new shit is less reliable & more buggy.

Can we make this a AFMr thread?

lol

#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My TSPP, FGY & LOTR never lock up or reset.
Not once
My TWD & AS however cannot say the same.
I've had 1 freeze on AS during a boot up.
Swore I saw the screen go black & display KISS once too. Maybe that was my imagination.
Weird, new shit is less reliable & more buggy.
Can we make this a AFMr thread?
lol

Probably just a fluke thing and may never happen again. Grab a 6 pack and put it on ice and go play the hell out of it!

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Probably just a fluke thing and may never happen again. Grab a 6 pack and put it on ice and go play the hell out of it!

So far this NIB game of mine is full of "flukes"

I'm happy w/my distro

I'm happy w/Sterns resolutions

I'm happy w/the game design & features.

I'm just tired of issues. Seems I just need a break from Stern after all this gets worked out.

Good advice tho

#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The game is biased towards MB for scoring.

One way to balance the scoring maybe is to make Medley way more lucrative so that even tournament players would choose to try and get it.

So, Medley needs to be easier to complete with some HUGE jackpots

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My game reset today
Never happened before.

It has only happened to me once during a multiball. Unfortunately it was during what had been the best game I ever had on my Aerosmith. This has never happened with my other spike games. But it was a one off because it never happened again.

#3896 6 years ago

Strange thing happened with my AS premium today , during multi-ball three balls got lodged behind the elevator scoop and would not come out, in addition the elevator continued to launch balls up but it didn't count. Looks like after 75 plays I have to take the upper play field off. Not much fun !

#3897 6 years ago

So, seems like an AS update on the way.

What do people want to see?

Here are a few things.

1. Medley MB - doesn't really work and way too hard. Needs major tweaking. How about having 10 smart missiles at the beginning of the mode, to be used as and when player chooses?

2. Champion awards.

3. Outlanes - sound please!

4. Bug fixes.

5. More use of smart missiles - just seen I haven't been awarded one in last 100 games!!

That's the basics for me anyway.

#3898 6 years ago

So, seems like an AS update on the way.
What do people want to see?
Here are a few things.
1. Medley MB - doesn't really work and way too hard. Needs major tweaking. How about having 10 smart missiles at the beginning of the mode, to be used as and when player chooses?
2. Champion awards.
3. Outlanes - sound please!
4. Bug fixes.
5. More use of smart missiles - just seen I haven't been awarded one in last 100 games!!
That's the basics for me anyway.

1 - I'd like to see Dream on added as a CIU mode or end of game song.
2 - song champion awards
3 - outlane sound
4 - some random band call outs

#3899 6 years ago

Code update?

Hmmm, I will believe it when I see it.

Hope it gets wrapped up soon. I want to buy one more NIB this year but I'm not into having a lineup of half baked games so everything is on hold till Aerosmith is done.

It's not in a terrible state as is. But its the 80/20 rule at work here where the last 20% takes 80% of the time. Frustrating to make it this far only to make it this far.

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

1 - I'd like to see Dream on added as a CIU mode or end of game song.
2 - song champion awards
3 - outlane sound
4 - some random band call outs

That would be awesome!

Quoted from PW79:

Code update?
Hmmm, I will beleive it when I see it.
Hope it gets wrapped up soon. I want to buy one more NIB this year but I'm not into having a lineup of half baked games so everything is on hold till Aerosmith is done.
It's not in a terrible state as is. But its the 80/20 rule at work here where the last 20% takes 80% of the time. Frustrating to make it this far only to make it this far.

Yeah, I won't be buying GOTG or Iron Maiden until evidence that games are polished/finished.

Yes, AS code was very good for early code but it still needs finishing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.