You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 84.
#3801 6 years ago

Has anyone had a ball get stuck between the upper playfield and lower playfield after making the elevator shot on the premium/LE?

#3802 6 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Has anyone had a ball get stuck between the upper playfield and lower playfield after making the elevator shot on the premium/LE?

You mean if you drop it down the elevator? If so, that's a fairly common obstruction point. There's a few posts about people who lifted the mini-playfield to move whatever was stopping the ball under there.

#3803 6 years ago

Thank you for the heads up. I'll take a look for them.

#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Yes, I just had one last night that somehow managed to get stuck on top of the plastic under the elevator. I think there are some gaps the ball can wiggle into when it comes down. I had to lift the playfield to actually get it back out. It's happened a couple times to me now.

#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yes, I just had one last night that somehow managed to get stuck on top of the plastic under the elevator.

I had a ball drop in the elevator last night and I still haven't found it! I shook the game like crazy and moved everything around as much as I could without grabbing a screwdriver.

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I had a ball drop in the elevator last night and I still haven't found it! I shook the game like crazy and moved everything around as much as I could without grabbing a screwdriver.

I bet it's in the same place. If you look directly under the mini playfield, it is probably sitting on the plastic. If you lift the playfield up to almost vertical you should find it comes out. Shaking won't do it. I was even pushing the ball with a screwdriver and it wouldn't fall out anywhere until I lifted the playfield up and then when I put it down it came out the toy box lock.

Now, if it doesn't. Very early on I managed to get a ball wedged between the plastics under there and had to use an extendable magnet to push it out. It seemed like my clear plastic under the elevator had some flashing on it that let the ball get wedged. That never happened again.

One of these days I'll take the mini playfield off and see what is really going on. My suspicion is there should be another post or rubber under there that I'm missing which is why the ball can slide behind one of the clear plastic guides/protectors. I think it gets hit by another ball as it's falling down the hole to the toybox kickout. I don't think it's ever happened when I wasn't in multiball.

1 week later
#3807 6 years ago

Something I noticed missing from the strategy guide is how Crank it up impact the mode in more ways than just increasing scoring and adding time. It can also turn a mode into a do or die with no chance to repeat or it can add available targets or remove targets. It all depends on the mode.

For example with Walk this way, Crank it up will remove the orbits and make the mode do or die where if you drain before collecting, even with plenty of time on the clock, it will mark the mode as complete but not award your bonus scoring.

Crank it up is such a great feature!

#3808 6 years ago

I'd love to see a guide to what CIU does for each song. It's obvious for a few songs, but not for others.

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Something I noticed missing from the strategy guide is how Crank it up impact the mode in more ways than just increasing scoring and adding time. It can also turn a mode into a do or die with no chance to repeat or it can add available targets or remove targets. It all depends on the mode.
For example with Walk this way, Crank it up will remove the orbits and make the mode do or die where if you drain before collecting, even with plenty of time on the clock, it will mark the mode as complete but not award your bonus scoring.
Crank it up is such a great feature!

Ha, I knew CIU icreased scoring and sometimes increased the range of targets that qualify as shots made, but had no idea about the do or die thing in Walk This Way. Was actually about to report this as a bug. The mode was sometimes sometimes ending on a drain, but I couldn't always repeat it. Now I know why.

#3810 6 years ago

All,

Any news if Aerosmith will be getting another code update?

Tim

#3811 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
Tim

Better be!

Code is very good but there are bugs, no sound on outlanes, no Champion awards and Medley MB is way, way too hard to be enjoyable as it stands.

A good update could elevate this game to greatness

#3812 6 years ago

Is there any Cliffy protector for the toy box launcher, my PF looks already bad...

Thx

#3813 6 years ago

I noticed a bug during Dude Looks Like a Lady where the winged 2x award thing came on screen under the dancer overlays (the revealed dude dancers). This is what we called a "z-order bug" in my game software days. In case anytime from Stern is reading this lol

In other news I got my blades on and they are sweeeet!

IMG_1376 (resized).JPGIMG_1376 (resized).JPG

IMG_1377 (resized).JPGIMG_1377 (resized).JPG

#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Is there any Cliffy protector for the toy box launcher, my PF looks already bad...
Thx

None that I am aware of. You could put some Mylar down in that area though. Could you please take a pic of the worn area and show us?

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Thx

Yeah, he sells a set of protectors for Aerosmith. The protectors in it cover the shooter lane, mini-pf elevator hole, main pf elevator scoop, and launcher trough. Here's the piece that covers the launcher trough. I can post the rest if you want to see them.

AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpgAS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I noticed a bug during Dude Looks Like a Lady where the winged 2x award thing came on screen under the dancer overlays (the revealed dude dancers). This is what we called a "z-order bug" in my game software days. In case anytime from Stern is reading this lol
In other news I got my blades on and they are sweeeet!

Those blades do look sweet!

How have owners been liking their AS now that it's been out awhile? One common theme I keep reading is the game is good but a code update will make it great. Unfortunately, it looks AS is joining the rest of sterns in the lack of code support dept. are there any hopeful rumors that there will be some sort of love programming wise for this pin before years end?

#3817 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You can report bugs directly to Stern at [email protected] or [email protected]

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, he sells a set of protectors for Aerosmith. The protectors in it cover the shooter lane, mini-pf elevator hole, main pf elevator scoop, and launcher trough. Here's the piece that covers the launcher trough. I can post the rest if you want to see them.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm going to email Cliffy and get a set (as I don't see it on his site right now).

#3819 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm going to email Cliffy and get a set (as I don't see it on his site right now).

No problem, I thought it was common knowledge. I only posted a pic because seiman asked. First thing I do when a new pin is on the way is email Cliff for a set of whatever Cliffys he has for it. Since they're generally newly released pins, he doesn't have them on his site when I inquire, so the email is just a habit now.

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks!

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No reply yet to my email about the song changing if you (short) plunge and flip before the ball triggers another switch. It's frustrating because it should be so easy to fix.

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No reply yet to my email about the song changing if you (short) plunge and flip before the ball triggers another switch. It's frustrating because it should be so easy to fix.

That bug has been on at least 1.28 and 1.30 KISS bug lists here that Stern has a link to for over a year. They knew about it on KISS for a long time, which is why I think KISS 1.30 was a revision they sat on for a long time because so many long-documented easy to fix bugs weren't fixed on it. And large chunks of KISS code were copied to form the base of Aerosmith, and this KISS bug came along for the ride. Hopefully they fix it on both machines before Borg infects another new machine with he same bug.

#3823 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thx, but am actualy not talking about this area, i mean the place where the ball rests before launching....I will take a pic of my AS later, if iam at home.

#3824 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Thx, but am actualy not talking about this area, i mean the place where the ball rests before launching....I will take a pic of my AS later, if iam at home.

I know what your talking about. Starting to see some signs of wear starting there myself. My worry is whether wear there would ever impact the ball launch.

I'll be applying a little mylar around those edges for now but this is the area I'd like to see a cliffy for.

IMG_5940 (resized).JPGIMG_5940 (resized).JPG

#3825 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Ah, the inside square for the launch. I don't think his current protector handles that, but you're right, it should.

#3826 6 years ago

FWIW, I never protected the Shire or Gimli scoop on my LOTR (other than regular waxing), and they still look brand new. If you think about it, there's nothing slamming the ball into those raised areas.

#3827 6 years ago

Yeah exactly that what i mean, so however i am not satisfied with this Situation and had hope there is already a cliffy to buy...

#3828 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

FWIW, I never protected the Shire or Gimli scoop on my LOTR (other than regular waxing), and they still look brand new. If you think about it, there's nothing slamming the ball into those raised areas.

Yes but i think the Problem is the cutout, there is not enough protection in those edges...

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
Tim

Absolutely yes.

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Yeah exactly that what i mean, so however i am not satisfied with this Situation and had hope there is already a cliffy to buy...

I just forwarded Cliff that pic and will post if he says he's doing something about protecting it. It does need it. If we still had an Aerosmith Premium here I'd definitely want it reinforced, too. I always thought it was weird they left that whole area naked wood from the factory.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just forwarded Cliff that pic and will post if he says he's doing something about protecting it. It does need it. If we still had an Aerosmith Premium here I'd definitely want it reinforced, too. I always thought it was weird they left that whole area naked wood from the factory.

That part where the ball rests needs it more than anything else. I'd be worried if it wore too much, it'll change the angle the ball launches.

#3832 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nice!

#3833 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Absolutely yes.

Good news

I am pretty shocked as whilst KISS needs polish/champion awards, it is in my opinion, a bit more balanced than AS right now. The overall rule structure on KISS is really good.

AS is super fun but Medley just feels impossible to complete so ultimately unsatisfying and Final Tour seems even harder to get to than Rock City. Not got to either.

Smart missiles are real fun to players of all abilities but they are woefully under utilized at the moment.

Anyway looking forward to see what the next AS update brings.

#3834 6 years ago

Sometimes two balls get stuck in the Elevator, anyone else has this Problem?

20170817_212543 (resized).jpg20170817_212543 (resized).jpg

#3835 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

It happens to me but the elevator usually spits them out after 3 or 4 tries.

#3836 6 years ago

In my case I always have to remove the glas and take them away...

#3837 6 years ago

Has anyone gotten combo champ? I don't have a ton of games on mine yet, still learning the game. I think I've gotten to Medley Multiball 3 times, done poorly each time. High scores are in the high 200 million range, I may have hit 300 once. Factory scores are long gone, but no combo champion still. I've never seen any mention of how many combos I had either.

Hopefully the update will add more high score options. Best elevator multiball, best toys multiball, etc.

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Yep. In my case there might be a software improvement that could help believe it or not.

I had 3 in the elevator, what happens is the kicker fires a few times at sort of a 2 second spacing which got one ball out and seemed it would eventually have gotten another ball out but what happens is it goes into rapid fire and kicks maybe 5 times very rapidly and that was what caused the jam. I did it twice to test.

That said i get a lot of elevator shots that go in the bottom and out the top without scoring so i should pull it out and have a look.

#3839 6 years ago

Looking into getting a music pin Love the Aerosmith music. and the newer look of the Color LCD. Now do I go PRO or Premium or LE? Any suggestions? Or recommendations? Not scared of the extra price tag just want a good game that I will not regret in the near future.

Thanks!

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Looking into getting a music pin Love the Aerosmith music. and the newer look of the Color LCD. Now do I go PRO or Premium or LE? Any suggestions? Or recommendations? Not scared of the extra price tag just want a good game that I will not regret in the near future.
Thanks!

All models are awesome with AS. If you like upper playfields get the Premium, if you don't then get the Pro.

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thanks!

Depends what you value.

Mirrored backglass is sweet and so much better than a translite.

Upper p/f is great for getting 2 times scoring so really adds strategy.

And premium/LE it is easier to get elevator mb which is a good thing as game is pretty hard.

Pro is exceptional value compared to anything else on the market.

Can't justify LE or premium cash wise but they are better.

#3842 6 years ago

Thank you that is what I was looking for. If the upper playfield is fun or does it add a something speacil to the game. Not worried about value so much. Also the mirrored backglass if it looks good in person. Do not want to say wish I did this or that?

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you that is what I was looking for. If the upper playfield is fun or does it add a something speacil to the game. Not worried about value so much. Also the mirrored backglass if it looks good in person. Do not want to say wish I did this or that?

I don't think you would regret any route. We love our Pro and haven't regretted it for an instant. Same goes for those with Prem/LE. There really isn't a wrong way to go with this game.

#3844 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thanks!

I like the double scoring rule, + drop target for better elevator mb qualifying. Is the light show different from version to version?

I like Aerosmith but all this talk about how code update should do this and code update should do that has me hesitant. Just another stern abandoned code game, no?

#3845 6 years ago

code is coming (resized).jpgcode is coming (resized).jpg

#3848 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

The LE is hands down the best looking game I've ever had in my collection. But all models are good. I personally recommend Pre or Le for a home setting, but the pro is good value.

If you go LE, make sure you throw in a set of FF speakers.

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like Aerosmith but all this talk about how code update should do this and code update should do that has me hesitant. Just another stern abandoned code game, no?

I'd wait for another update.

With Stern you can never buy too late, only too early.

I bought one. It's a fine option if you must buy a current NIB. All mode inserts are programmed & the game is a true stunner.

But unless you just have to buy something today you are better off waiting IMO.

#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

That said i get a lot of elevator shots that go in the bottom and out the top without scoring so i should pull it out and have a look.

I am having the same issue. Seems like about 1/3 of my shots into the elevator just come straight out the top without locking/scoring and I am not sure what to adjust. It is a little better than when I first got it, when at least 1/2 the shots were going straight through, but it still seems like too many not registering. Has anyone else had this issue and tweaked something to improve it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/77?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.