You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 84.
#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Interesting. I'll have to listen more closely.

Oh you will hear it plain as day believe me, no need to listen closely for it! Lol

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's odd you would have experienced it so often... I've been to Horde over a dozen times here at home and have *never* had a reset. If you hadn't mentioned it I never would have known there was an issue regarding the mode.
Now that you put this bug in my ear it better not happen to me in the future
Wonder if the two you played had low power coming from AC line or something?
Strange.

Got to horde more then a dozen times and i also never had that issue

#3703 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn PW you got me all F***ed up now with that crazy story. Are you sure you didn't get really drunk one night and dream that or something? I think I'm gonna go have a drink after reading your last post! Just go buy an AS and have some fun dude!! Sheesh

May want to be careful with your future Stern purchases, ghosting is now a normal expectation of Sterns moving forward.

SW manual has an updated paragraph about it being a result of normal manufacturing

Although the 2 Aerosmiths I have seen and played both have awesome clear with zero issues, the worry is now going forward if you do get issues you wont be getting a playfield swap.

#3704 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

May want to be careful with your future Stern purchases, ghosting is now a normal expectation of Sterns moving forward.
SW manual has an updated paragraph about it being a result of normal manufacturing
Although the 2 Aerosmiths I have seen and played both have awesome clear with zero issues, the worry is now going forward if you do get issues you wont be getting a playfield swap.

Nothing on my radar that I'm aware of until Elvira. We will see how things are going when it comes out. If the quality is bad I won't be buying believe me.

#3705 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing on my radar that I'm aware of until Elvira. We will see how things are going when it comes out. If the quality is bad I won't be buying believe me.

Rumours that have been posted here on pinside in several threads are GOTG, Maiden, Munsters/Beatles KAPOW and Elivra.

I would hope GOTG is a packed game like GB and would have loved to buy one, but I wont be taking the risk anymore of getting a ghosting playfield with lifting inserts and it potentially being called normal.

#3706 6 years ago

There were 3 NIB AS opened at one of the shows I attended in the last few months. One had an ever so small ghosted insert, about 1/4" long tiny sliver. The other 2 were fine.

#3707 6 years ago

If anyone is interested in a NIB Aerosmith Pro for $5000 in the Chicagoland area, please drop me a line and we can discuss details. Thanks.

Brad

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

If anyone is interested in a NIB Aerosmith Pro for $5000 in the Chicagoland area, please drop me a line and we can discuss details. Thanks.
Brad

Have you made a FS thread, I am not to familiar with US pricing but 5k for AS Pro sounds like a killer deal.

How come the sale Brad?

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you made a FS thread, I am not to familiar with US pricing but 5k for AS Pro sounds like a killer deal.
How come the sale Brad?

Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about that and will do it now. The sale is simply due to asset management.

Brad

#3710 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Rumours that have been posted here on pinside in several threads are GOTG, Maiden, Munsters/Beatles KAPOW and Elivra.
I would hope GOTG is a packed game like GB and would have loved to buy one, but I wont be taking the risk anymore of getting a ghosting playfield with lifting inserts and it potentially being called normal.

I would definitely be interested in a Munsters as well as an Elvira, but only with a non ghosting playfield.

#3711 6 years ago

Wait...

Stern says buyers are to expect ghosting?

I need to see this document. Can you link or photo it?

#3712 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Brad

PM sent. Thx!

#3713 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait...
Stern says buyers are to expect ghosting?

Really ? As i got no issue at all but if this is true it will be my last game from Stern !

#3714 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where how and who said this ? Is this on Stern web or just someone that made a post with a letter he made ?

#3715 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Really ? As i got no issue at all but if this is true it will be my last game from Stern !

Quoted from thunderking50:

Where how and who said this ? Is this on Stern web or just someone that made a post with a letter he made ?

Quoted from PW79:

Wait... Stern says buyers are to expect ghosting?

Here you go OP post has exert from SW manual

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-new-policy-ghosting-is-normalor-is-it

#3716 6 years ago

Holy Crap !!!!!!!

#3717 6 years ago

Just got this machine yesterday (Pro), and at this point all I can say is WOW. This game is a LOT of fun, looks beautiful, and sounds even better. And I say this not as the world's biggest AS fan (though I do like their music).

Question - so why does the ball only lock into the chest at certain points? I understand you need to bash the box to light LOCK, but sometimes even when that is lit it does not launch the ball over, just sits there for a few seconds before releasing it...

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just got this machine yesterday (Pro), and at this point all I can say is WOW. This game is a LOT of fun, looks beautiful, and sounds even better. And I say this not as the world's biggest AS fan (though I do like their music).
Question - so why does the ball only lock into the chest at certain points? I understand you need to bash the box to light LOCK, but sometimes even when that is lit it does not launch the ball over, just sits there for a few seconds before releasing it...

I'm guessing that happens when you're playing a 2 player game?
If so, the ball won't get launched into the toy box if the box is already holding that many balls, or more.
Imagine you have 4 players playing, and each one locked one ball, and the box was now holding 4 balls, with only 2 left in the trough. Eventually the pin would run out of pinballs.
Make sense?

#3719 6 years ago

Am I correct that the shaker is not really used in this game ? In settings shaker works and it is set to max in the menu.

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Am I correct that the shaker is not really used in this game ? In settings shaker works and it is set to max in the menu.

It works, but the effects are more sparse and subtle than some other titles.

#3721 6 years ago

So I was gonna buy a metallica and now I can't get it from where I was gonna buy one from (ugh). So they offered me an Aerosmith for that same price. What do I doooooo?

#3722 6 years ago

Man Met is the real deal....I would look around personally.

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I was gonna buy a metallica and now I can't get it from where I was gonna buy one from (ugh). So they offered me an Aerosmith for that same price. What do I doooooo?

Metallica has legs in a home environment. Aerosmith as it is now will not, IMO.

Plenty of distributors have Metallica stock. I'd just call the usual suspects. Should not be hard to find one.

There's a number of Met Premiums in the marketplace here, some with extras for less than $6k. That's a great price.

#3724 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

AS is just as good as Met IMO - In fact, I would say it's even more fun and is even better as a complete package.

Here's some actual comparisons...

Met is slightly wood choppy to get things going - AS is not.
Met doesn't have any normal modes - AS has a bunch of great normal modes.
Met has a lot of cool wizard modes - AS has 2

If wizard modes are your highest priority -> get Met
Otherwise get AS

IMO AS will last longer than Met -> specifically because of the "slightly wood choppy" nature of Met

#3725 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plenty of distributors have Metallica stock. I'd just call the usual suspects. Should not be hard to find one.

So I hate to ask, but who's the usual suspects? Cointaker was who I was gonna go through and they were gonna give it for a great price. Who else should I check with?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3726 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I hate to ask, but who's the usual suspects? Cointaker was who I was gonna go through and they were gonna give it for a great price. Who else should I check with?

Check with Trent, http://www.tiltamusements.com/

#3727 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You can't go wrong with either machine. I sold a Metallica earlier this year and I plan to purchase an AS next week.

Metallica is a great game once you get into it and learn the rules. I loved it. Only sold it because I wanted a TWD.

Aerosmith is just great fun. With my friends who are non pinheads, they all pick Aerosmith. They did the same with KISS too, though. Everyone was kinda bummed when I sold KISS to buy Metallica. hahaha They all thought Metallica had better music, but man everyone gravitated towards KISS (and now Aerosmith) for the fun of playing. And we all think Aerosmith is better than KISS by a good amount.

Anyway, like I said, can't go wrong with either.

#3728 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Tilt Amusements
Hemispheres Amusements
Game Exchange

Are all good places to get a machine from.

#3729 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

AS is just as good as Met IMO - In fact, I would say it's even more fun and is even better as a complete package.
IMO AS will last longer than Met -> specifically because of the "slightly wood choppy" nature of Met

I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you want a "pick up and play" game or if you want a very deep, challenging game that will last a long time at home before you see the end, if ever. I didn't have Aerosmith long, but I was already to Medley mode. One more mode and the games finished. That's WAY too fast, and I would lose interest as I do once I've completed a pin. I've never completed all of Metallica, and so I keep coming back. That's why I'd recommend Met in a home over Aerosmith for a competent player.

#3730 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you want a "pick up and play" game or if you want a very deep, challenging game that will last a long time at home before you see the end, if ever. I didn't have Aerosmith long, but I was already to Medley mode. One more mode and the games finished. That's WAY too fast, and I would lose interest as I do once I've completed a pin. I've never completed all of Metallica, and so I keep coming back. That's why I'd recommend Met in a home over Aerosmith for a competent player.

To be fair and open I do not think you ever owned AS as your own when you say "I did not have AS long". Just to be clear. Or maybe you did own one?

I believe you help someone who has a route though and that is awesome. I feel you certainly know the ins and outs of a lot of games, rulewise and repairwise and are very helpful with information about any of them and that is cool of you. So definitely thank you for all your info and please keep it up.

I think that Met turned out to be one of the greats and AS is suprisingly better and more fun than anyone thought. I like AS better, but may lean more Met today to advise anyone on the fence because Stern will shut down MET by the end of the year and AS will be around for a while. Go Borg!

#3731 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Metallica has legs in a home environment. Aerosmith as it is now will not, IMO.
There's a number of Met Premiums in the marketplace here, some with extras for less than $6k. That's a great price.

Is there a reason you keep lurking in every AS thread steering everyone to Metallica? I know Met is a great game, maybe one of the best ever, but come on.

#3732 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Is there a reason you keep lurking in every AS thread steering everyone to Metallica? I know Met is a great game, maybe one of the best ever, but come on.

Vireland is the Rarehero of Aerosmith lol.

#3733 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I didn't solicit or invent the question. The person asked for help deciding between the two. I gave the answer and the reasons for the answer. Pretty simple to understand.

It's not like all vs Met will always be Met. If you ask me Met vs Woz, I'll say WoZ.

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

IMO "Completing" a pinball and then being done with it is a "Video Game" mentality. That's not how I think of pinball, and IMO it takes the fun out of a game. I like to have wizard modes that I see infrequently - but I enjoy getting to them on that infrequent basis. It's not like seeing the end of a movie.

BTW - Medley mode is ONLY a mini-wizard mode, that you SHOULD get to every once in a while. Like Crank it Up on Met or Royal Madness on MM. There's nothing wrong with that. Final Tour is the Wizard Mode and it's quite difficult to get to - almost no one has seen it with the glass on!

Some more FYI's for you regarding lack of depth...
- AC/DC only has 1 Wizard mode - so I guess you really don't like that game
- MM, AFM and The Shadow, and almost ALL B/W 90's games only have 1 Wizard mode - all fails I guess
- Tron has 2 that are connected - SOS and Portal - no more than AS
- Many more people have seen the final mode on "Dialed In", than on AS -> should they all get rid of DI now?

The list goes on and on and on... There are a small number of A games with really deep rules -> That's NOT the most important thing in making a game fun!!! It's nice to have a couple deep things to go for, and that's exactly what AS has!

The majority of competent players I know don't have this "Video Game" mentality regarding pinball. I find it more prevalent among the "B/C" players, that want to explore a game and once they've seen it move on.

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

BTW - Medley mode is ONLY a mini-wizard mode, that you SHOULD get to every once in a while. Like Crank it Up on Met or Royal Madness on MM. There's nothing wrong with that. Final Tour is the Wizard Mode and it's quite difficult to get to - almost no one has seen it with the glass on!

This ^^ Before criticizing a game's lack of depth, make sure you know the rules.

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMO "Completing" a pinball and then being done with it is a "Video Game" mentality. That's not how I think of pinball, and IMO it takes the fun out of a game.

Congrats. You're completely entitled to enjoy the games how you like. I just know that for myself, once I complete the final wizard mode, I lose interest. Just the way it is for me. You get to have your opinions, too.

Quoted from T7:

Actually, Sweet Emotion is more like the first mini-wizard mode since you have to do it in one shot. Getting to Medley after a very short time with the machine and almost to Final Tour (not all modes were solid, but close), is concerning.

Quoted from T7:

Some more FYI's for you regarding lack of depth...
- AC/DC only has 1 Wizard mode - so I guess you really don't like that game
- MM, AFM and The Shadow, and almost ALL B/W 90's games only have 1 Wizard mode - all fails I guess
- Tron has 2 that are connected - SOS and Portal - no more than AS

Battle for the Kingdom I have been to many, many times and never finished. I always choke. The Shadow is WAY harder to complete than Aerosmith (haven't owned it in a while, but I remember it fondly as a tough game).

Only casually played AC/DC, nowhere near long enough to get an idea of difficulty. Did not like Tron, so doesn't matter to me.

Quoted from T7:

It's nice to have a couple deep things to go for, and that's exactly what AS has!
The majority of competent players I know don't have this "Video Game" mentality regarding pinball. I find it more prevalent among the "B/C" players, that want to explore a game and once they've seen it move on.

Or amongst players with access to a constant stream of new pins. For me, it clicks and I finish it, it doesn't click and I move on, or it clicks and I keep it because I can't finish it. As a recovering pin addict, I don't keep many pins personally for long - two max at any given time. Working with the OP in town has really helped with scratching the pinball itch since I end up with almost every new pin for a few weeks until it goes on location.

#3737 6 years ago

Unfortunately, most people don't have access to a constant stream of new pins.

It's good to know your take on what you like when considering your recommendations. I respect your opinion of what you like (for you), but just feel very differently. It's revealing to know that you only keep a game you can't finish - and once you finish it you get rid of it. Others that feel that same way should follow your advice, as it would probably suit them. It's exactly the "Video Game" mentality I mentioned - but if that's what you enjoy, then here are my top recommendations: TSPP, LOTR, WOZ, Hobbit, TWD, MET.

#3738 6 years ago

Hearing people talking of "completing" this has me thinking my pinball skills must be absolute zero. I put up a 274M on IM, which I thought was just about the hardest game ever, and AS is just obliterating me.

#3739 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Hearing people talking of "completing" this has me thinking my pinball skills must be absolute zero. I put up a 274M on IM, which I thought was just about the hardest game ever, and AS is just obliterating me.

Nah, these modes are just hard to achieve. I have average pinball skills I believe and I haven't beaten lots of modes on games. I've been to medley tour multiball on AS but never been to the main wizard mode yet. I've been to Horde on TWD four times but never been to Siege or Last man standing and I doubt that I ever will. I've never been to The iron throne yet on GOT either. These modes are meant to be hard.

#3740 6 years ago

I've yet to even start Love in an Elevator. But man I can't quit hitting that start button to keep trying!

#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've yet to even start Love in an Elevator. But man I can't quit hitting that start button to keep trying!

Took me awhile to get there but now I can get it quite often. It's very achievable, you will see. The opening animation for that mode is epic and I love it every time I see it lol.

#3742 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Took me awhile to get there but now I can get it quite often. It's very achievable, you will see. The opening animation for that mode is epic and I love it every time I see it lol.

I put my Elevator MB on easy. I know. I know. Having too much fun with it to not see it more often with hitting those damn loops. FU Left loop! I always announce Elevator MB with Jacky doing his nerdy annoying voice.

#3743 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I put my Elevator MB on easy. I know. I know. Having too much fun with it to not see it more often with hitting those damn loops. FU Left loop! I always announce Elevator MB with Jacky doing his nerdy annoying voice.

Yeah the left orbit is a tough one for sure lol. What's the difference when you put it on easy? Elevator multiball is such a great multiball!

#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah the left orbit is a tough one for sure lol. What's the difference when you put it on easy? Elevator multiball is such a great multiball!

Less loops required.

#3746 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How do you start Love in an Elevator on the pro? Is it harder than the PreLe?

#3747 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How do you start Love in an Elevator on the pro? Is it harder than the PreLe?

Left orbit shot.....right orbit shot, (doesn't have to be in that order, can be right to left also) then shoot the ball in the elevator scoop and it takes you to the first floor. Do that three times and you get elevator multiball.

#3748 6 years ago

Ok, thats not easy. Especially having to to left orbit. On the Pre, the drop target also qualifies it. The drop target is super easy compared to the loops.

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, thats not easy. Especially having to to left orbit. On the Pre, the drop target also qualifies it. The drop target is super easy compared to the loops.

It's not too bad really. I mean it's not super easy but it's very achievable once you get a feel for that shot.

#3750 6 years ago

On the Pro, I found Easy to be a bit too easy so I changed it back. One trick I found is that if you do a soft plunge, you can sometimes get one of the loops to register for Elevator. So that's a way to get a boost right off a launch. This helped me NEARLY get it last night on default settings.

Playing on Easy I got to it. You guys are right - it's a killer multi ball. The light show is insane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.