You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 84.
#3601 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Tried this a bunch of times but I really can't shake the feeling that it's just Kiss, reimagined and simplified. Nothing new here. And I even sort of like Kiss (latest updates helped).

AS has a similar playfield layout, but plays nothing like KISS. AS will be considered a top Stern pin, and there is a lot "new" on AS:

- Excellent LCD Screen integration
- Best Art Package on a Stern pin - ever (playfield, cabinet and backglass are all excellent)
- Best (most fun) Ball Lock on a Stern
- Best MB start on a Stern - Toys in the Attic MB with shaking Toy Box and roaming spot light
- Best through the pops shot on a Stern/Borg pin
- Best combo of mini-playfield + rules on a Stern - the 2X risk reward is awesome
- Excellent "Best Of" rules, with fun strategy and exciting risk/reward
- Great variety of songs (unless you hate all Aerosmith - LOL too bad for you)
- Most "just plain fun" Stern game ever - IMO

*AND* let's not forget -> most HATED ON Stern pin before anyone ever even saw the game!

It's too bad you can't shake the bias that has been predominant against AS, because you're missing out - big time.
I have most of the top Sterns, and AS is the most liked/played among a large variety of players.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Tried this a bunch of times but I really can't shake the feeling that it's just Kiss, reimagined and simplified. Nothing new here. And I even sort of like Kiss (latest updates helped).

I owned Kiss. The layout is very similar but the small changes are all major improvements from Kiss. I hated the scoop location on Kiss. For AS you seldom get lucky bounces in the scoop but it catches almost every good shot. The starchild area is silly and the toys in general on Kiss do nothing. AS replaced the starchild area with probably what is Stern's best toy. The ruleset on AS is much easier to follow and is a lot more fun in my opinion. The upper play field adds unique scoring an extra shot options while the magnet trick on Kiss does nothing for gameplay.

Pretty much everything on AS is better then Kiss. The only way people are going to like Kiss better is if you just like the band more. I still enjoy playing Kiss, but AS does everything better then Kiss. The only thing I give Kiss is I actually like it's art slightly better. More of a style preference then anything.

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

well said Who-Dey, I guess you were joking about hating AS in your previous post, my apologies brother!

Lol its all good brother and yeah I was only joking about that reply i made back to the guy that was bashing on AS and Stern. I love Aerosmith much more than I ever thought that I would.

When I first heard about AS I said it was a horrible theme and that it would have extremely low sales and was just a terrible idea. I changed my mind when I seen the gameplay and thought....wow that looks pretty good. I bought one because I needed to fill a spot to complete my lineup and thought I would play it awhile and maybe sell it down the road possibly for a better theme. Now after owning it, Aerosmith is a keeper and not going anywhere!

#3604 6 years ago

AS is a great game and hope to get mine this week

Only negative is that the Medley mini wizard definitely needs some tweaking so hoping that will be addressed in next update.

#3605 6 years ago

Can we just get the out lanes to sound like anything? I think my game is broke every time it rolls over the switch

#3606 6 years ago

Well, hopefully there will be some polish in the next code update - whenever that might be.

#3607 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can we just get the out lanes to sound like anything? I think my game is broke every time it rolls over the switch

KISS had this same issue for a year with Lonnie at the helm. But it did get done in the last (and I assume final) update.

2 weeks later
#3608 6 years ago

What are the street prices for the Pro & Premium?

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What are the street prices for the Pro & Premium?

New or used?

#3610 6 years ago

Anyone ever consider dropping in the Run Dmc version of Walk this Way ?
That could be really funny . All of sudden it's DMC .

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No, and neither should you!

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No, and neither should you!

Rally that Bad?
Could you imagine the look on friends faces when they start the mode .

#3613 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Rally that Bad?
Could you imagine the look on friends faces when they start the mode .

I just couldn't do that to this awesome pinball machine no way lol. People would definitely have a WTF look on their faces I bet though!

#3614 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I hadn't until you mentioned it. That would be so funny I may have to learn to use the pinball browser later on.

#3615 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just couldn't do that to this awesome pinball machine no way lol. People would definitely have a WTF look on their faces I bet though!

Quoted from SilverballNut:

I hadn't until you mentioned it. That would be so funny I may have to learn to use the pinball browser later on.

Completely respect both sides .

#3616 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You should see the look on people's faces when they're playing my Metallica, they start graveyard multiball, and suddenly Laura Brannigan's "Gloria" starts blasting ...

#3617 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You should see the look on people's faces when they're playing my Metallica, they start graveyard multiball, and suddenly Laura Brannigan's "Gloria" starts blasting ...

Awesome

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Completely respect both sides .

Well to be fair golfingdad, I am a guy that is still stuck in the 80's for the most part when it comes to music and I just hate music like that. I'm not real diverse when it comes to music lol.

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well to be fair golfingdad, I am a guy that is still stuck in the 80's for the most part when it comes to music and I just hate music like that.

So you're stuck in the 80s but you hate 80s versions of songs made in the 70s?

#3620 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

#3621 6 years ago

I'd go RUN DMC for sure

#3622 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I basically like 70's and 80's rock more than anything. I think run dmc sucks sorry.

#3623 6 years ago

Groundbreaking collaboration. Go for it.

#3624 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I basically like 70's and 80's rock more than anything. I think run dmc sucks sorry.

But, but the entire video is about breaking down the walls and barriers that separate us.

#3625 6 years ago

If any of you guys have seen the documentary on the making of the video, Steven Tyler was like No F@$$ing Way are these guys going to cover Our song.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3626 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

But, but the entire video is about breaking down the walls and barriers that separate us.

Breaking down the walls that separate who? I don't have any walls that separate me from anyone that I am aware of?

#3627 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Breaking down the walls that separate who? I don't have any walls that separate me from anyone that I am aware of?

Not at all directed at you.
It's talked about in the Documentary.

#3628 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Not at all directed at you.
It's talked about in the Documentary.

Yeah I know it wasn't, it's cool. I assume you mean race relations. I treat anyone with respect that treats me with respect.

#3629 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah I know it wasn't, it's cool. I assume you mean race relations. I treat anyone with respect that treats me with respect.

Funny enough , ya that's part of it, but more so on the two Genres of Rock and rap comingleing. (Is that a word ) ha !

#3630 6 years ago

So I went to a place in town that has 4 pins. Ghost Busters, MET, remake of Medieval Madness, and Aerosmith. All stern are premium models.

The surprise of the evening: well two surprises. How much I didn't like Ghost Busters and how awesome Aerosmith was!! I am buying a MET pro next, and thought that was cool, but Aerosmith blew me away. I was very surprised by how polished it was. Also, I was UNDERwhelmed by the upper playfield. If it were me, I'd prefer the pro model if they had it.

The artwork was so damn awesome. The shots were tight but doable. I guess if I had one complaint it would be I wish it had callouts like MET with their band members. But the playfield was so beautiful and full that it made MET premium look downright Ironmanish.

I didn't even bother with MM.

20170726_183821 (resized).jpg20170726_183821 (resized).jpg

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I went to a place in town that has 4 pins. Ghost Busters, MET, remake of Medieval Madness, and Aerosmith. All stern are premium models.
The surprise of the evening: well two surprises. How much I didn't like Ghost Busters and how awesome Aerosmith was!! I am buying a MET pro next, and thought that was cool, but Aerosmith blew me away. I was very surprised by how polished it was. Also, I was UNDERwhelmed by the upper playfield. If it were me, I'd prefer the pro model if they had it.
The artwork was so damn awesome. The shots were tight but doable. I guess if I had one complaint it would be I wish it had callouts like MET with their band members. But the playfield was so beautiful and full that it made MET premium look downright Ironmanish.
I didn't even bother with MM.

And here's the weird thing about AS. The more you play it, you start developing an addiction to it. AS doesn't get old, it keeps getting better and better!

#3632 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And here's the weird thing about AS. The more you play it, you start developing an addiction to it. AS doesn't get old, it keeps getting better and better!

Well how the hell is that possible? Lol.

If I were to get a pretty nice shape MET for 5k, or a NIB Aerosmith for 5500, what would you choose? After tonight, I'm not sure anymore.

#3633 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If I were to get a pretty nice shape MET for 5k, or a NIB Aerosmith for 5500, what would you choose? After tonight, I'm not sure anymore.

Depends on your personal play preferences, but Met is WAY deeper and will last longer at home if you're a decent player.

#3634 6 years ago

There's an AS Pro at the local bowling alley near me. Realized they had it when I took my daughter there to bowl a couple weeks ago. I now find myself driving over there when I get a chance just to play AS.

I am 90% sure this is the next machine I will get.

I used to own a Met Premium. Great game, but kinda got a little boring for me. Sold it earlier this year for a TWD Prem. No regrets.

#3635 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on your personal play preferences, but Met is WAY deeper and will last longer at home if you're a decent player.

MET is awesome no doubt but can get like chopping wood after a while. There are only 4 CIU modes AND IT TAKES A TON OF BASHING to get to see any.

#3636 6 years ago

I am 99% sure to buy Aerosmith next week when my distro of choice has stock.

Sorta nervous tho as a few Star Wars games have ghosting inserts already.

Any PF issues on Aerosmith arise yet? I asked before but that was pre-ghosted Star Wars

#3637 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

MET is awesome no doubt but can get like chopping wood after a while. There are only 4 CIU modes AND IT TAKES A TON OF BASHING to get to see any.

Crank it Up is just one area of the game (that has no equivalent in Aerosmith), but there's plenty else without that. Again, it depends on your play preferences, but Met will last longer in a home with a decent player.

#3638 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Any PF issues on Aerosmith arise yet? I asked before but that was pre-ghosted Star Wars

Haven't heard a thing about Aerosmith PF issues, and the Premium we had had a beautiful playfield.

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For whatever reason, everyone that has a AS says it's the best looking clear coat on the playfield out of all their Stern games. The clear coat on mine is smooth as glass and looks amazing.

#3640 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I haven't played enough MET to really say but I didn't like it that much personally. To be fair though, I'm not a fan of the band either so maybe that's part of it. I am sure MET is great though because people love it too much for it not to be. I would say whichever music that you like the best to get that game probably. I can tell you that AS is damn good and a lot of fun. I've heard some people say they like MET better and I've heard people say that they like AS better.

#3641 6 years ago

Is MET in stock/production?

Hmmm, maybe I buy 2 games

#3642 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is MET in stock/production?
Hmmm, maybe I buy 2 games

As far as I know yes. I think that on MET people also prefer the Pro model maybe? That's a nice little bonus also.

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Crank it Up is just one area of the game (that has no equivalent in Aerosmith), but there's plenty else without that. Again, it depends on your play preferences, but Met will last longer in a home with a decent player.

True but CIU has the real cool stuff. Ramps and combos and hurry ups are neat and all, but the multiballs are more about using them to get enough hits to light CIU.

Fuel and lightning ramps are ok. Seek and Destroy is awesome. I seemed to always start it when it's masked by a multiball though.

#3644 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

There was a ghosting AS insert in the Stern video for the AS release. hahahaha

The AS at my bowling alley has no issues like that, but damn if there isn't crazing/jeweling under EVERY SINGLE insert on that thing!

#3645 6 years ago

Been playing an AS pro at a friends a lot recently, I don't know what it is about the game but I just keep hitting start over and over.

It's like a drug I don't really know why I want it but my brain wants more and more.

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

There was a ghosting AS insert in the Stern video for the AS release. hahahaha
The AS at my bowling alley has no issues like that, but damn if there isn't crazing/jeweling under EVERY SINGLE insert on that thing!

I think every game from Spike on has jeweling. Every one.

#3647 6 years ago

Too bad Star Wars is, well, whatever it is.

I would have totally chosen SW over Aerosmith at a minimum or more likely SW in addition to Aerosmith.

Oh well, first world problems. Poor me only likes 1 current game enough to bring home

I'm getting super excited. Looks like next Wednesday I will complete my Aerosmith Pro order & then schedule delivery for the following Monday or Tuesday.

First NIB pinball for me. Cannot wait!

#3648 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Too bad Star Wars is, well, whatever it is.
I would have totally chosen SW over Aerosmith at a minimum or more likely SW in addition to Aerosmith.
Oh well, first world problems. Poor me only likes 1 current game enough to bring home
I'm getting super excited. Looks like next Wednesday I will complete my Aerosmith Pro order & then schedule delivery for the following Monday or Tuesday.

you wont be sorry PW. It's very addicting no issues on mine after 2 months and I have not played another one of my games since. Hoping for a code update as one more would make this game complete and the best all around package for 5200 in a long time. Haven't been captivated like this, by a game, in a long time!

#3649 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Congrats man, the NIB experience is great and something every pin head should get to experience at least once, best part is the NIB smell

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

you wont be sorry PW. It's very addicting no issues on mine after 2 months and I have not played another one of my games since. Hoping for a code update as one more would make this game complete and the best all around package for 5200 in a long time. Haven't been captivated like this, by a game, in a long time!

Agree, the game deserves an update as they will continue to sell this title as word gets around.

And certain things have to be updated like no sound on the outlanes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.