You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 84.
#3551 3 years ago

Here is my AS pro.

IMG_9394 (resized).JPG

IMG_9399 (resized).JPG

IMG_9398 (resized).JPG

#3552 3 years ago

Last I played AS it was missing even basic sfx for outlane drains, etc. Just silence for things that other games have audio cues for. Think they'll ever fix such basic details? I doubt it. If BM'66 is done then surely AS stick a fork in it. Oy vey

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Last I played AS it was missing even basic sfx for outlane drains, etc. Just silence for things that other games have audio cues for. Think they'll ever fix such basic details? I doubt it. If BM'66 is done then surely AS stick a fork in it. Oy vey

No they will probably never fix Aerosmith. It's a terrible game with an awful code, really bad playfield design and layout, the artwork is even worse and Stern is a horrible pinball company. Their cabinets are falling apart because they are cheapening everything up and cutting cost and their playfields are ghosting and chipping too. Do not buy a game off of them, especially Aerosmith, OMG it's so horrible....the game is a complete mess!

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

If BM'66 is done then surely AS stick a fork in it. Oy vey

WTF? What makes you think BM'66 is done? As I recall, Lyman's not even got it to 1.0 yet.

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is my AS pro.

Nice collection, Tatman!

GnR, Kiss, MET, ACDC, Aerosmith, wow, you own my dream pin collection!

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

especially Aerosmith, OMG it's so horrible....the game is a complete mess!

YaKnowWhat (resized).png

#3557 3 years ago

Hope they include this song. It would bee great while playing pin.

#3558 3 years ago

I am thinking of getting one. Can the owners tell me if all playfield issues have been sorted Out. No more ghosting and clearcoat chip off ??
Thanks

Greetings

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I am thinking of getting one. Can the owners tell me if all playfield issues have been sorted Out. No more ghosting and clearcoat chip off ??
Thanks
Greetings

Got mine last week ; perfect , no issue at all !

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Nice collection, Tatman!
GnR, Kiss, MET, ACDC, Aerosmith, wow, you own my dream pin collection!

Also RZ

IMG_9392 (resized).JPG

#3561 3 years ago

Hey MAClean, i was joking you DA! I own a Aerosmith game. Didn't you notice the little guy rolling his eyes at the end of my post? Duuuh

#3562 3 years ago

Greetings everybody. A new problem with my Aerosmith Pro cropped up today. Wondering if anyone else has seen this:

When the ball goes into the Toy Box a new ball no longer gets launched into the shooter lane. I have to wait for a ball search to eject the ball from the toy box to resume play.

I sent stern a message asking what I should do as I already checked the connections, boards, ran diagnostics, etc.

On arrival a few months ago, both node boards were defective and had to be replaced, as well as one burned up solenoid for the Toy Box (which was caused by the node board). Since then it has been working fine. I'm thinking another loopy node board has called it quits. My game is HUO and does not get any abuse, and it's in a nice cool environment with a dehumidifier in the room to keep the moisture down. Thanks. Cy

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Greetings everybody. A new problem with my Aerosmith Pro cropped up today. Wondering if anyone else has seen this:
When the ball goes into the Toy Box a new ball no longer gets launched into the shooter lane. I have to wait for a ball search to eject the ball from the toy box to resume play.
I sent stern a message asking what I should do as I already checked the connections, boards, ran diagnostics, etc.
On arrival a few months ago, both node boards were defective and had to be replaced, as well as one burned up solenoid for the Toy Box (which was caused by the node board). Since then it has been working fine. I'm thinking another loopy node board has called it quits. My game is HUO and does not get any abuse, and it's in a nice cool environment with a dehumidifier in the room to keep the moisture down. Thanks. Cy

Never had this happen...
Sounds like the ball isnt registering in the box? Is there an opto in there?

#3564 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I just saw this same exact thing yesterday at the local arcade. Games are put in place by Beston, so the local arcade owner isn't fixing it, gotta wait for Beston to make a trip this week to the beach. The arcade did get Dialed In this weekend, got to play about 6 games on it. Looking forward to going back and playing it some more.

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Check that the optos in the toy box opening are working. While in attract, wipe your finger in the box. If the floor motor cycles, the opto is working. You could also verify the opto is working in switch test.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Never had this happen...
Sounds like the ball isnt registering in the box? Is there an opto in there?

I have to look at it again. The toy box won't register the ball so it could be that. At this point I think I'll see what Stern has to say. This game had so many problems out of the box that I was hoping I was done with the drama. I have four other NIB Sterns in my collection and never had any problems like what I'm seeing with Aerosmith. I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole.... Thanks.

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Check that the optos in the toy box opening are working. While in attract, wipe your finger in the box. If the floor motor cycles, the opto is working. You could also verify the opto is working in switch test.

It was...the Opto! The power cord to the left side opto had become dislodged but wasn't visible. The cords for right and left are way up there and not easy to see on a first glance. I had checked the right one and didn't stop to think that there would be separate power for both boards. Not a really tight connector and tough to get at; no surprise it came undone. But thankfully...easy fix!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!!! I was thinking worst case scenario!!! Ya gotta love Pinside! Cy

#3568 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

It was...the Opto! The power cord to the left side opto had become dislodged but wasn't visible. The cords for right and left are way up there and not easy to see on a first glance. I had checked the right one and didn't stop to think that there would be separate power for both boards. Not a really tight connector and tough to get at; no surprise it came undone. But thankfully...easy fix!
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!!! I was thinking worst case scenario!!! Ya gotta love Pinside! Cy

Awesome! Congrats on finding the issue!

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The more I play this game, the more I'm loving it.
Tough as nails, and can be frustrating for sure. I have the outlanes as narrow as it will let me, and still they eat me alive.
Still, I love the rules on this game. While they're not terribly difficult to understand, I don't think you can really cheat the game in any sense. (Rules are very well balanced)
For example, trapping a ball will stop the clock, preventing a player from timing out a mode -but even if that didn't happen, a players score only really takes off if they're able to nail shots and complete modes, starting the super modes. Additionally, those "X" shot multiplier inserts you earn from completing the Aerosmith targets disappear when you drain a ball. So if you want to score big, you have to make multiple lit shots before the time runs out, AND complete the Aerosmith targets, and then cash in those super modes for max points without draining.
In my opinion, the code depth is perfect for this layout/style of game. Fast and mean.
Can't wait to see this pin played in a tournament by Pro players.
Lastly, I made it to the mini-wizard mode again this evening. I would like to submit my Medley Tour multiball total score of 9,000,000 as probably the lowest anyone has "achieved". Puh-thetic! More work to do here. Much more.

No reason to wait. Aerosmith was used at Pinvasion and covered a lot in the stream. Players like Trent A, Eric Stone, Timothy Street, Chris Basler all playing it.

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No reason to wait. Aerosmith was used at Pinvasion and covered a lot in the stream. Players like Trent A, Eric Stone, Timothy Street, Chris Basler all playing it.
» YouTube video

ACDC was set up horrible & using old code. Bad setup.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

ACDC was set up horrible & using old code. Bad setup.

Oh, I thought we were talking about Aerosmith....

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

What about the Smart button , i feel it does not do much it's already there so Stern needs to make it worth it, right ?

I neglected to mention that the Smart Button also cashes in coins when flashing.

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I neglected to mention that the Smart Button also cashes in coins when flashing.

Did not know that,turns coins into Game points ?

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Did not know that,turns coins into Game points ?

Seems to work like the Iron Bank in GoT. Not super-sure since I was trying to watch and play the times when it happened. It may only be cash-able in Last Child, since that's the only place I've done it.

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh, I thought we were talking about Aerosmith....

Just making an observation on the video posted. Sorry it sidetracked you.

#3576 3 years ago

Hi Everybody. Just wanted to mention that Comet is now selling glare guards for the new LCD screens. I got one for Aerosmith and really happy with it. Obviously Invisiglass and similar glass are the bomb, but this was a low cost solution to eliminate the reflection of the VDU on the back of the play field. Cy

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi Everybody. Just wanted to mention that Comet is now selling glare guards for the new LCD screens. I got one for Aerosmith and really happy with it. Obviously Invisiglass and similar glass are the bomb, but this was a low cost solution to eliminate the reflection of the VDU on the back of the play field. Cy

Got pics since the website doesn't have any?

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Got pics since the website doesn't have any?

These are the photos WITH the glare guard installed. Not great quality photos but if you compare with your own table you'll see the VDU glare is gone. Included two shot of just the VDU's so you can see how much the VDU brightness is affected. The glare guard will make the VDU a shade darker but personally speaking I don't notice. Still glare from other sources, but this does help. Eventually I would like to get Invisiglass for my pins but for now this suits my needs.

IMG_0596 (resized).JPG
IMG_0597 (resized).JPG
IMG_0599 (resized).JPG
IMG_0600 (resized).JPG

#3579 3 years ago

Being a new Aerosmith owner. I have a question about the rules that I've noticed. Do y'all think this is a bug or how it is supposed to play?

With most all songs that I've noticed (besides Multiball songs) it seems like if the timer runs out I'm either awarded with completing the song if I hit Crank It Up or "change track" is lit I can at least play the same song again and continue my progression towards completing the song where I left off before the timer ran out.
EXCEPT if I pick Sweet Emotion. It's like I have to start the mode all over again and I loose all of my pie pieces I previously earned for that song. Is it me? Or does it that not seem right?

Your thoughts?

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Being a new Aerosmith owner. I have a question about the rules that I've noticed. Do y'all think this is a bug or how it is supposed to play?
With most all songs that I've noticed (besides Multiball songs) it seems like if the timer runs out I'm either awarded with completing the song if I hit Crank It Up or "change track" is lit I can at least play the same song again and continue my progression towards completing the song where I left off before the timer ran out.
EXCEPT if I pick Sweet Emotion. It's like I have to start the mode all over again and I loose all of my pie pieces I previously earned for that song. Is it me? Or does it that not seem right?
Your thoughts?

Love it or hate it, I believe it's intentional.
On Sunday I had a buddy over to play Aerosmith. Best highlight was when I had ToyBox MB running while in Sweet Emotion. I drained down to one ball, with only 1 shot left to make: left loop, through the bumpers. 8 seconds left...
Flubbed it. Then again. Finally nailed it and completed the song with only a couple seconds left.

I will omit the rest of the games where only bad things happened. Over and over and over...

-Save Sweet Emotion for when you are about to start a multiball.

#3581 3 years ago

Your thoughts?

It's by design. You have to complete Sweet Emotion. If not, it resets when you start the song again.

#3582 3 years ago

Your thoughts?

Sweet Emotion is kind of like a mini-wizard mode. You have to finish it all in one go. The recommended progression is Walk this Way, Rats in the Cellar (building Toybox toys and Elevator locks) and then Sweet Emotion when you can unleash the multiballs.

Lately I've been playing more Last Child to try to figure out how the coins you can "spend" with the Smart Button (when it's flashing light blue) work. I've only had them in that song.

#3583 3 years ago

Thanks for the clarification guys. That makes sense. Although it seems almost impossible (but not totally). The points seem to be pretty good in Sweet Emotion as they get higher with each shot mAde. I agree I usually start off with Walk this way, same old song and dance or Rats in the cellar as those seem to be easier songs to complete.

#3584 3 years ago

Thanks for the clarification guys. That makes sense. Although it seems almost impossible (but not totally). The points seem to be pretty good in Sweet Emotion as they get higher with each shot mAde. I agree I usually start off with Walk this way, same old song and dance or Rats in the cellar as those seem to be easier songs to complete.

Sweet emotion isn't that hard to beat in multiball, just keep at it and you'll get it trust me.

#3585 3 years ago

I haven't played either game, but this looks to be better than metallica. Am i crazy or does this game not play quite as well? The ball lock in aerosmith is freaking amazing looking to me. And the play looks cool too. Anyone wanna chime in?

#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

I haven't played either game, but this looks to be better than metallica. Am i crazy or does this game not play quite as well? The ball lock in aerosmith is freaking amazing looking to me. And the play looks cool too. Anyone wanna chime in?

Metallica is a better game. AS gets repetitive (yes, even more than Metallica can).

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

MET plays better, but AS is more fun.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

MET plays better, but AS is more fun.

Dont we play pinball to have fun?

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Dont we play pinball to have fun?

On Pinside I seriously doubt some folks here have much fun playing pinball or doing much of anything looking at their online personas, but heck yeah if a game isnt fun it is bye bye for me!

Fun is what pinball is all about for me!

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

I wouldn't say that you are crazy by any means, it's personal preference really. I have played MET several times and I'm just not a huge fan of it, maybe it's because I'm just not a big fan of Metallica the band. MET is no doubt a great game though or it wouldn't have sold so well but AS is also a great great game. You are probably going to like the pin that you like the band and the music of the most. As far as the ball lock goes, yea it's cool on AS but the gameplay and shot layout on AS is far more fun than the ball lock is. Oh yeah, and the LCD display on AS is very sweet also!

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

On Pinside I seriously doubt some folks here have much fun playing pinball or doing much of anything looking at their online personas

Listening to some Pinsiders, it seems that actually playing the pin comes a distant last to pimping it up and glueing all sorts of accoutrements all over the playfield.

rd

#3592 3 years ago

How can you turn off the autoplunge feature after you lock a ball? On MET you can do this...Hopefully on AS Pro too...

THX

#3593 3 years ago

I don't think you can......although I've never looked for it. You can, however, be ready and plunge yourself before the auto plunger fires.

#3594 3 years ago

Tried this a bunch of times but I really can't shake the feeling that it's just Kiss, reimagined and simplified. Nothing new here. And I even sort of like Kiss (latest updates helped).

#3595 3 years ago

My AS down right now as I need to get a new #9 node board. But, while I wait, I thought I'd ask...the semi soft plunge to the lock hole...I thought that was supposed to lock a ball for you from what I thought I read in the past but mine doesn't seem to do it. At least it doesn't on any consistent basis. I honestly don't recall if it ever has or not. Any clarification on the skill shot is appreciated.

Thanks.

#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My AS down right now as I need to get a new #9 node board. But, while I wait, I thought I'd ask...the semi soft plunge to the lock hole...I thought that was supposed to lock a ball for you from what I thought I read in the past but mine doesn't seem to do it. At least it doesn't on any consistent basis. I honestly don't recall if it ever has or not. Any clarification on the skill shot is appreciated.
Thanks.

I don't think lock is lit until skill shot complete, so ball is not locked. Just does the little kick out. Lock is then lit and will lock ball the next time you get it in there. I find easiest way to get lock is going through elevator.

I've only had it for just over a week and really enjoying the challenge. Fun game.

#3597 3 years ago

Thanks.

As far as I know you have to light the lock light by hitting the toy box first and then if you soft plunge when the lock light is lit it will put it in the toy box for you. If the lock isn't lit it definitely does not lock a ball for you. I'm not sure but I don't think that the skill shot really does anything for you unless the lock light is lit?

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Tried this a bunch of times but I really can't shake the feeling that it's just Kiss, reimagined and simplified. Nothing new here. And I even sort of like Kiss (latest updates helped).

I have played Kiss but not enough to really make a comparison to AS, but I didn't really enjoy Kiss that much and AS is a total blast to me. All I know is, whatever AS is it's a great great game and one of Stern's best IMO. If you can't have fun playing AS you probably just don't like pinball that much.

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you can't have fun playing AS you probably just don't like pinball that much.

well said Who-Dey, I guess you were joking about hating AS in your previous post, my apologies brother!

#3600 3 years ago

.the semi soft plunge to the lock hole...I thought that was supposed to lock a ball for you from what I thought I read in the past but mine doesn't seem to do it.

You have to light the lock first. *If* the lock is already lit, you can do the the soft plunge to lock the ball. Therefore, the lock will never be lit on the first plunge of your first ball - although the shot may be lit for the particular song/mode you choose. For example, if you select "Sweet Emotion" the lock/softPlunge shot will be lit with a red arrow. It's especially sweet when the shot is lit for both a lock and the mode and you can soft plunge to get both.

Here's a cool/fun scenario:
- hit the toybox 6 times to qualify ALL 6 lock shots (flashing green numbers indicate qualified locks)
- for the fun of it (not sure on how many points this will get you)
----- spell AEROSMITH to pick a shot multiplier -> and shoot the lock shot -> all shots to the lock scoop are doubled
- soft plunge the next 5 balls (before the auto-plunge) -> to start 6 ball multi-ball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 19.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside