You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 84.
#3501 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

not certain, but I think Dream On was under a different label.
If that's true, you have nothing to worry about.

As far as I know their self titled debut album featuring dream on and their album toys in the attic and get your wings were all Columbia records which is now a division of Sony.

Shouldn't be any licensing issues

#3502 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Every day I write an email to Stern begging them NOT to put Dream On in the game. What a suck song for a pinball machine.

Kinda agree with this. There are already a couple slow or slowish songs in the game. Hardly need another one. If you miss it that bad just play it on your iPod while playing.

#3503 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Kinda agree with this. There are already a couple slow or slowish songs in the game. Hardly need another one. If you miss it that bad just play it on your iPod while playing.

I'm not sure I would call it a slow song. It starts slow but the meat and potatoes of it would fit well.

In all honesty I would be happy if there was just one song added as a final wizard mode song.

Could be dream on, mama kin, the other side or a few others.

I'm getting a pro this week and love the game play, my one complaint is I think it could use a minimum of one more song maybe two but two would really be asking a lot!

#3504 6 years ago

Just ordered as pro. i didn't think i would want this but here I am Normally i prefer premiums but the pro looks really good for this title.

#3505 6 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Just ordered as pro. i didn't think i would want this but here I am Normally i prefer premiums but the pro looks really good for this title.

Enjoy. I've had the Pro for a month now and it has not disappointed. Awesome game in every way.

#3506 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

What do you guys think? Red with white or purplish blue ? This mod / lighting upgrade works with sterns side armor.
http://Www.hookedonpinball.com will be shown at #sfge 2017 and whichever is more popular will be offered in july.

I like the blue for my pro.

#3507 6 years ago

Finally got to Medley Tour Multiball today! This game is pure awesomeness and should be in everyone's collection!!

#3508 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Finally got to Medley Tour Multiball today! This game is pure awesomeness and should be in everyone's collection!!

Is that where you start all songs/multiballs, but dont complete?

#3509 6 years ago

does anyone know if all the LE's have been produced? or are they still making them?

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

does anyone know if all the LE's have been produced? or are they still making them?

Great question. I wonder if they're all sold yet. I have my doubts, but they definitely should be in my opinion.
What an awesome game, and the LE backglass looks great.
Can't bring myself to pay $$$ for that topper though, much as I'd love one.

#3511 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that where you start all songs/multiballs, but dont complete?

Yes Sir that's the one. The other mode is if you can complete all the songs I think. I'll most likely never see that mode ever. It took me longer than I thought it would to get the medley tour multiball. I have TWD, GB, GOT, and AS as far as new Sterns go and I believe I like AS every bit every bit as good if not better than any of those games. They're all keepers and I know that TWD has great rules and it one of the best games ever made but AS is just fun as heck and it has that "one more game" feel to it.

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Great question. I wonder if they're all sold yet. I have my doubts, but they definitely should be in my opinion.

I like the topper alot also but feel the same way about the price. I also would love to have the GOT topper as well. They sure are pricey tho

#3513 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes Sir that's the one. The other mode is if you can complete all the songs I think. I'll most likely never see that mode ever. It took me longer than I thought it would to get the medley tour multiball. I have TWD, GB, GOT, and AS as far as new Sterns go and I believe I like AS every bit every bit as good if not better than any of those games. They're all keepers and I know that TWD has great rules and it one of the best games ever made but AS is just fun as heck and it has that "one more game" feel to it.

Havent got there yet. Close but not quite. This weekends mission.

Id agree with you on AS vs all those games. TWD is probably my next favorite, and Lymans code is awesome, but its not a game I want to play all the time. Ive got to be in the right mood. AS on the other hand is just plain fun all the time. But its hard enough to make it last even in a small collection.

#3514 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Topper is awesome with the colour changing LED's and it pulses in time with the music. Whether its worth the $ is another matter - but are any Stern toppers worth the $?

#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Topper is awesome with the colour changing LED's and it pulses in time with the music. Whether its worth the $ is another matter - but are any Stern toppers worth the $?

TWD topper might be. I wish it was a little bigger though. It is very very cool though I must say, probably the coolest pinball topper ever made.

#3516 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Trent still has some LEs NIB -I got mine thru him.

#3517 6 years ago

Had a go on Pro today and it's a great game (I'm not a big Aerosmith fan) so I would say it's a must have if you are a big fan

I need to try a Metallica pin to see how it compares but I would say it's the best of the 10pins or so I played today!

Do you guys think it plays similar to Metallica??? I'd be keen to hear as I haven't tried that one yet and that's my first choice at the moment as I'm a big Metallica fan and not such a big Aerosmith fan.

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

Had a go on Pro today and it's a great game (I'm not a big Aerosmith fan) so I would say it's a must have if you are a big fan
I need to try a Metallica pin to see how it compares but I would say it's the best of the 10pins or so I played today!
Do you guys think it plays similar to Metallica??? I'd be keen to hear as I haven't tried that one yet and that's my first choice at the moment as I'm a big Metallica fan and not such a big Aerosmith fan.

They both have a similar feel as they are both sterns and both Borg designs. They shoot completely different and have completely different rulesets though. Stern has 3 home runs with AC/DC, MET, and AS in my opinion. Met is still selling, AC/DC is now a vault, and after a slow start AS is really gaining some appreciation as more people get to play it and compare it to the other current available games.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

I would say if you are a Metallica fan then go for the MET.. you can't go wrong it is a great game and it (have a premium) will never leave our collection.

Phoebe

#3520 6 years ago

Thanks for the comments

I will try and play Met before I buy but they are hard to find in the UK and expensive too so want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

Met is a great game but takes a while to get to the better bits, whereas AS is easier to instantly engage with.

The LCD screen on AS is night and day better than MET.

Red dmd games are going to look dated. I certainly wouldn't buy a NIB with a red dmd, although the new node boards are a bit of a worry on Spike games.

#3522 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

They shoot totally different. But I'd take a Metallica Premium with a Color DMD over an Aerosmith.

#3523 6 years ago

Any advice on pitch of the game ?

#3524 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Any advice on pitch of the game ?

I just have mine set up with the bubble between the two lines of the little glass thing on the side of the playfield. Thats the factory setting I guess.

#3525 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced their arch with a new blue one stern is selling? If so, how does it look?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3526 6 years ago

Wow, had family party over yesterday, included brother and sister's family plus mine. Lots of pinball action and I would say AS was most played. Maybe TH was a distant 2nd. Although Met got play it was not played as much as I would have thought.

At the end of the evening AS and TH got 90% of play mostly by my brother-in- law and my nephew.

#3527 6 years ago

I played an LE for the first time last night. I had previously only played a pro. I have mixed feeling about the upper playfield. I don't particularly care for how it shoots, but I really like the added strategy it provides.

#3528 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

At the end of the evening AS and TH got 90% of play mostly by my brother-in- law and my nephew.

LCD makes a big difference at a party.

Stern has done a great job in their implementation of it. From a player's perspective its crisper and draws you in much more so than my Woz. Because its bigger, maybe the current JJP screen is better for non player viewing?

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Has anyone replaced their arch with a new blue one stern is selling? If so, how does it look?

You have a link ?

#3530 6 years ago

I love this pin. Incredible games like met/gb/st/sw LE sells out in two days.
As LE is still awailable for sale now half a year after release.

#3531 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I love this pin. Incredible games like met/gb/st/sw LE sells out in two days.

When it comes to selling out the LE's, it's all about the license. There was literally no way the Star Wars LE's weren't going to sell out instantly. It's just the nature of the beast.

#3532 6 years ago

I played a pro yesterday at the arcade in Brighton without having to stand in line, so I played it multiple times and have to say while I do like Aerosmith I wasn't excited at all about the theme but after playing it I love the game play (lots of fun) liked the jester character how he interacts with you, and the artwork is awesome, there game seemed to be dialed in pretty well.

#3533 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

You have a link ?

I think he is referring to the colored aprons stern is selling now. Stern calls them Arches on the store.

#3534 6 years ago

Added the Stern topper to my AS Pro and I was not disappointed. Excellent quality, fully encased, and nicely integrated with gameplay. Cointaker--who I also bought the machine from--sold it to me for $375, which included shipping, Awesome and well worth it.

#3535 6 years ago

Hello, some pictures of mine #132

20170617_214829 (resized).jpg20170617_214829 (resized).jpg

20170617_154810 (resized).jpg20170617_154810 (resized).jpg

20170617_154949 (resized).jpg20170617_154949 (resized).jpg

20170617_154758 (resized).jpg20170617_154758 (resized).jpg

20170617_154907 (resized).jpg20170617_154907 (resized).jpg

20170617_215130 (resized).jpg20170617_215130 (resized).jpg

20170617_214834 (resized).jpg20170617_214834 (resized).jpg

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from lpierrick:

I am so not a fan of figurines on pins, but those are awesome.

#3537 6 years ago
Quoted from lpierrick:

Take off the red leg protectors...they will damage the decals.

#3538 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I had bally Williams for years with those protector and no problem at all and I got them on all my sterns and they are perfect !

#3539 6 years ago

I got a package today , getting closer to the game room

You guys better be right about AS is a keeper , I am tired of getting pins up on the second floor.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3540 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I had bally Williams for years with those protector and no problem at all and I got them on all my sterns and they are perfect !

The Bally Williams games had screened cabs most likely. Those protectors destroy decals.

#3541 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The Bally Williams games had screened cabs most likely. Those protectors destroy decals.

Ok thanks guys , I will take them off !

#3542 6 years ago

I got a package today , getting closer to the game room
You guys better be right about AS is a keeper , I am tired of getting pins up on the second floor.

I've had mine since Saturday and think it is a keeper, helps that I like the band though too.

My one complaint is that it should have another song or two somewhere in the game code, would help with variety of songs.

Other than that no real game play complaints.

#3543 6 years ago

Forgot to ask, anyone else think elevator multi ball is a real ass kicker to get?

#3544 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Forgot to ask, anyone else think elevator multi ball is a real ass kicker to get?

Yes, it's very difficult to start on the pro. Much easier on the prem/LE.

#3545 6 years ago

You guys better be right about AS is a keeper.

Time will tell since I got mine friday. However I had my family over saturday for a party and it was the most played pin.

My wife even played it several times in a row and she avoids pinball. Grandson and Granddaughter both play it. In some ways I hope it's not a keeper since I'm out of practical room and like everything I own.

#3546 6 years ago

Game On !!!

Love that plastic art !

#3547 6 years ago

Game On !!!
Love that plastic art !

Nice collection! Congrats!

Yeah to me it AS is kind of a tough Borg game that does not take itself so serious and that makes it fun.

Like TWD, IM and MET are fun for me to play, but they are all soooooo intense. AS feels a lot more relaxing while playing than those others even if I have a bad game. My IM has me on edge.

I really think mixing up AS with IM, TWD, or MET is a good Borg balance. He is a great designer!

#3548 6 years ago

Thats a really nice line up

#3549 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Many thanks guys , I will take them off too !

#3550 6 years ago

The more I play this game, the more I'm loving it.
Tough as nails, and can be frustrating for sure. I have the outlanes as narrow as it will let me, and still they eat me alive.
Still, I love the rules on this game. While they're not terribly difficult to understand, I don't think you can really cheat the game in any sense. (Rules are very well balanced)
For example, trapping a ball will stop the clock, preventing a player from timing out a mode -but even if that didn't happen, a players score only really takes off if they're able to nail shots and complete modes, starting the super modes. Additionally, those "X" shot multiplier inserts you earn from completing the Aerosmith targets disappear when you drain a ball. So if you want to score big, you have to make multiple lit shots before the time runs out, AND complete the Aerosmith targets, and then cash in those super modes for max points without draining.

In my opinion, the code depth is perfect for this layout/style of game. Fast and mean.

Can't wait to see this pin played in a tournament by Pro players.

Lastly, I made it to the mini-wizard mode again this evening. I would like to submit my Medley Tour multiball total score of 9,000,000 as probably the lowest anyone has "achieved". Puh-thetic! More work to do here. Much more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/71?hl=lpierrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.